PDA

View Full Version : Funniest Origins for a Zenythri?

atemu1234
2024-03-27, 11:08 PM
Okay, so for the uninitiated, a Zenythri is a native outsider descended from a lawful outsider, like an Aasimar is for good outsiders, right?

Mercane are fun, and usually fit fairly well, if only because they're merchants who vacation on various other planes as part of their business dealings. At least they're humanoid-ish. The extra-jointed fingers are a plus. Makes sense they'd be the ancestors.

But imagine, if you would, the lowly Modron, on their march across the planes, finding solace in the arms of a mortal, who managed to somehow overlook the fact they're bedding a geometry quiz.

What other lawful outsiders could be their ancestors? I'm debating coming up with variants like how Pathfinder has for Aasimar and Tieflings, but I just thought this could be a fun thread.

Morphic tide
2024-03-27, 11:49 PM
A Formian Gymarch gets into a Dromite population. The entire next generation is Half-Formian. Many generations later, the entire population has evenly diluted to Planetouched. Underlying this is not The Father Of All Barding from the wrong side of the Law/Chaos axis, but instead bemusing observations of exactly what a Dromite with an inherited template entails.

Inevitability
2024-03-28, 05:13 AM
A tortured romance between Visilight and human, of course! The dark danger of seeing only beauty and not the person behind it! The ever-present risk of losing oneself that all relationships must face! And the torturous inability to even lie in your lover's arms, lest their powers drain you to a husk!

...Y'know, the more I think about it the more you can just recycle all the classic vampire tropes for that one.

ShurikVch
2024-03-28, 01:19 PM
Guardian Familiar from the Dangerous Denizens: The Monsters of Tellene: "A Cat Is Fine Too"

Metastachydium
2024-03-28, 02:09 PM
But imagine, if you would, the lowly Modron, on their march across the planes, finding solace in the arms of a mortal, who managed to somehow overlook the fact they're bedding a geometry quiz.

Honestly, I kinda thought that's what we have Mechanatrices for.

atemu1234
2024-03-28, 07:49 PM
Honestly, I kinda thought that's what we have Mechanatrices for.
Forgot about those :smile:

MaxiDuRaritry
2024-03-28, 08:07 PM
But imagine, if you would, the lowly Modron, on their march across the planes, finding solace in the arms of a mortal, who managed to somehow overlook the fact they're bedding a geometry quiz.So you're saying they made the ultimate sacrifice and committed sudoku?

How about a Lawful Evil half-devil nightmare that mated with a half-unicorn/elf and produced Nightmare Moon, Queen of Lunacy.

"The night! Shall last! Forever! Muahahahahaha!"