PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom of Loathing Base Class - The Disco Bandit

mp122984
2007-12-15, 06:26 PM
Hello again. I know it's been a while, but for a long time I've had a hard time of figuring out what to do with the disco bandit. But when I did, I was very happy, especially since I figured out how to get most of the Disco Bandit's KoL skills into the class. I'd like to thank the person who posted the balance suggestion on Turtle Tamer, and would appreciate very much any suggestions, criticisms, or other comments on this class. But most of all, I hope you enjoy reading this class.

The Disco Bandit

Alignment: Any non-lawful.
Hit Die: d6.

Class Skills
The Disco Bandit’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Int), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (local) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), Use Magic Device (Cha), and Use Rope (Dex).

Skill Points at 1st Level: (8 + Int modifier) x4.
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 8 + Int modifier.

Table: The Disco Bandit
Custom
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+0|
+2|
+1| Disco Move

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+3|
+1|

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+3|
+2| Disco Feat

4th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+2| Disco Move

5th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+3| Advanced Cocktailcrafting

6th|
+4|
+2|
+5|
+3| Disco Feat

7th|
+5|
+2|
+5|
+3| Disco Move

8th|
+6/+1|
+2|
+6|
+4| Disco Combination

9th|
+6/+1|
+3|
+6|
+4| Disco Feat

10th|
+7/+2|
+3|
+7|
+5| Disco Move

11th|
+8/+3|
+3|
+7|
+5|

12th|
+9/+4|
+4|
+8|
+6| Disco Feat

13th|
+9/+4|
+4|
+8|
+6| Ambidextrous Funkslinging

14th|
+10/+5|
+4|
+9|
+6|

15th|
+11/+6/+1|
+5|
+9|
+7| Superhuman Cocktailcrafting

[/table]

Class Features
The following are class features of the Disco Bandit.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Disco Bandits are proficient with all simple weapons, plus the hand crossbow, rapier, sap, shortbow, and short sword. Disco Bandits are proficient with light armor, but not with shields.

Disco Move (Ex)
The Disco Bandit is famous for the moves he busts, and which bust his enemies. At 1st, 4th, 7th, and 10th levels, you gain a maneuver you can use in place of one of your attacks. A successful hit with one of these maneuvers causes the target to suffer penalties to their attack rolls, saves, ability checks, and skill checks for one round. The effects and durations of disco moves do not stack with each other, although they do stack with Disco Moves performed by another Disco Bandit. The moves and the penalties they inflict are listed as follows.

Disco Eye-Poke (Learned at 1st level): -1 penalty
Dance of Doom (Learned at 4th level): -2 penalty
Electric Boogaloo (Learned at 7th level): -3 penalty
Disco Face Stab (Learned at 10th level): -4 penalty

Each Disco Move can only be attempted once per round.

Disco Feat
A Disco Bandit’s dance moves are further enhanced with the power of the Disco Feat. At 3rd, 6th, 9th, and 12th levels, you get one of the following benefits of your choice:

Overdeveloped Sense of Self Preservation: You gain the Improved Initiative Feat
Nimble Fingers: You gain the Improved Disarm Feat
Mad Looting Skillz: You get a +4 bonus on all Sleight of Hand checks.
Smooth Movement: You gain the evasion ability.

Advanced Cocktailcrafting
There is little like a good drink to help a Disco Bandit loosen up. You gain the Brew Potion Feat even if you don’t meet the prerequisites. In addition, you may brew potions of cure light wounds, cure medium wounds, and cure serious wounds even if you do not know the spell. When brewing these potions, you may use your Disco Bandit level in place of caster level.

Disco Combination
Every Disco Bandit can dance, but only advanced Disco Bandits really know how to mix it up. At 8th level, you gain the ability to combine your Disco Moves for added effect. At the beginning of your turn in the round, you may declare a Disco Combination to attempt. To perform a disco combination, you must perform a series of consecutive Disco Moves, all of which must be successful hits against the same target. If successful, the Disco Combination provides an additional effect. The Disco Combination, their requirements, and their effects are listed below.

Disco Inferno:
Prerequisites: Disco Eye-Poke, followed by Electric Boogaloo
Results: Deal an additional 1d6 fire damage to the target. You gain a +1 dodge bonus to Armor Class against attacks from that target until your next round.

Disco Blink:
Prerequisites: Dance of Doom, followed by Disco Eye-Poke
Result: Target is blinded for one round.

Disco Blindness:
Prerequisites: Electric Boogaloo, followed by Disco Eye-Poke
Result: Target is blinded for two rounds. Multiple uses of this Disco Combination do not stack

Disco Nirvana:
Prerequisites: Dance of Doom, followed by Electric Boogaloo
Result: You may make a free Sleight of hand check to take a Small or smaller item from the target.

Disco Concentration:
Prerequisites: Disco Eye-Poke, followed by Dance of Doom, followed by Electric Boogaloo.
Result: You may make a free Disarm attempt against the target.

Disco Bleeding:
Prerequisites: Electric Boogaloo or Dance of Doom, followed by Dance of Doom or Disco Face Stab, followed by Disco Face Stab if Disco Face Stab has not been performed this round.
Result: On the target’s next round, it loses HP equal to the damage it took from Disco Bleeding.

Ambidextrous Funkslinging
The agile moves of the Disco Bandit come quite in handy for handling items during combat. Starting at 13th level, once per round you may use a magic item, drink a potion, or apply an oil as a swift action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity.

Superhuman Cocktailcrafting
Only the greatest of Disco Bandits learn drink mixing skills that are beyond the ken of mere mortals. At 15th level, you may brew a potion of 3rd level or lower in 8 hours. In addition, you may brew a potion of cure critical wounds once per day, even if you don’t know the spell. When brewing this potion, you may use your Disco Bandit level in place of caster level.

drawingfreak
2007-12-15, 11:00 PM
Just attempting this makes me love you. I have debated creating a dice based KoL for a while. I was originally going to use a d10 method similar to World of Darkness. I then considered how to put Muscle, Mysticality, and Moxie into it. Eventually, it slowly evolved beyond KoL and became my Simpler System. (see link in signature)

But anyway, can't wait to see more.