PDA

View Full Version : help with a dwarf family

de-trick
2007-12-15, 07:14 PM
For a city I'm making I decided to put in a small clan of dwarfs, The basic plan is maybe 10 family's in the clan, with only 1 clan stated out so players can play a dwarf from the city. Any ways the city's a port city with orcs raiders coming from the north wall and the part the clan lives in is near the northern part of the city.

I need to stat out the following
Clan leader-- Dwarfest Dwarf- high level in the 10-15 Lev
leader's wife--high cleric of moradin
leader's daughter-- cleric of moradin
Son-- banished son, captain of a ship of the navy
2 twin sons-- trying to make a partnership fighting "thunder twins" warriors

books any forgotten realms but no tome of battle, any other book ok

Yami
2007-12-16, 01:29 AM
I would give the cleric's wife the Craft magic arms and armour feat and have the daughter as her aprentice. I think it would work well and add both flavor and some interest for the PC's.

Swooper
2007-12-16, 12:19 PM
Let's see. If you want the Clan Leader to be extra dwarfy, give him Dwarf Paragon levels (UA), Dwarf racial substitution levels in Fighter (he's a friendly NPC and you can't use ToB, so no point in trying to optimise him much) and give him a dwarfy PrC, either Dwarven Defender or something from RoS.

For the clerics, I agree, Crafting feats are nice. Arms & Armour is perhaps especially appropriate for dwarves. Maybe give them dwarf cleric substitution levels for Smite Giants instead of TU, very flavourful if marginally useful.

For the exiled son... Hmm, tricky. He could be a lot of things. I'd go look in Stormwrack for a PrC, but I don't have my books with me atm. If you don't find anything in there, maybe just make him a fighter/rogue, possibly with a swashbuckler dip.

The twins are very likely fighters by the sound of it, maybe try to differentiate them somehow though. Give one a few barbarian levels, and put them in different PrCs.

Hope this helped.

Lady Tialait
2007-12-16, 12:26 PM
Acually on the wife, if you want really Dwarfy Dwarfness go with Truesilver for the wife and have her be very motherly.

(psst, truesilver is the wife of Morridan) as for craft...yes Armors and Weapons magicing up, also Wonderous Items. Very nice.

For the Kids the 'Thunder Twins' guys I'd say go with something I have laying around the Book of Feats, there are Back to Back feats in it. that would work nicely makeing them really good at working together but seperatethem and you waste half their feats. very good flavor for them

The father works as a Paragon 3 and Fighter the rest of the way up to whatever you decide,

The Banished Son, I'd make him a Swashbuckler/Ledgondary Captain. very nice working there he is very good at what he does but his clan would never approve.

The Daughter who is a Cleric also, As i Said before make her of Truesilver, the most common deity for dwarven wifes.

that is all of them...i beilive. just my opotion