PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting The Black Dahlias [seeking players, 3.5]

BelGareth
2024-04-03, 11:42 AM
The Black Dahlias
https://i.imgur.com/p3qPjI4.jpeg

You are all agents of the Kingdom of the Eternal Rose. Whether that means, servants of the crown, sellswords, free blades, bounty hunters, Geas’ murderers, mercenaries or any other manner of pastimes, you have been trained in the art of subterfuge, espionage, stealth, and death. You have sworn fealty and obedience to the Queen herself, Raalia Vegas, and her spymaster Illya Constantine, you are their Rose petals and they have activated you and a cell to perform a mission.

Recently the Empire of the East Sun has began invading the kingdom, which is worrisome, other than the military implications, as there has been a formal truce for decades. But that is besides the point, your missive (in whatever form) was short and sweet, and included your activation phrase. Whatever you were doing is unimportant, you must go to the small fishing village of Bakenridge as soon as possible, where you will meet your contact.

You are NOT agents of the crown, you are evil n'er dowellers, prisoners of the crown, held in stasis in the kingdoms infamous Midnight Abyss, the highest security level prison that exists. You re here for reasons, and you want out, maybe this is your chance, will you take it?

Here's my 16:

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
Home-brewed setting, special agents of the crown

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
6 players.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
These Forums

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
9th level (36,000 xp) no LA buy off

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
36,000 gp, no item more than 1/3 of starting wealth (12k)

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or home-brewed classes?
No brew.

Hexblade class fix http://irongamersguild.wikidot.com/forum/t-248314/unofficial-fix-for-hexblades-from-an-official-source
Shadow caster fix http://bg-archive.minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=11610.msg397441#msg397441

Double mysteries per day
Mysteries are Int based
Mysteries = Spells and CL = Arcane CL for the purposes of qualifying for prestige classes
Add Sleight of Hand and Use Magic Device to class skills.
Fundamentals At Will at level 10

online vestiges are fair game

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow home-brewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
Humanoids preferred. I'm just not a fan of eldritch monsters.
In this game however, you can be monstrous, but it better be good. All the evil folk, gnolls, orcs, half-breeds, even Tanaruk are fair game.
Please no goblins, I am not a fan. (Or kobolds)

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
32 point buy, max HP 1st level, 3/4 (rounded up) or rolled thereafter (re-rolling 1's)

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
Alignment is in place for spells and spell affects. I'm lenient on Alignment restricted classes and Paladins have a more grey area.
Alignment is like the Pirate code, it's more of a guideline than an actual set of rules.
Evil is perfectly fine for this game.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
Have at, no penalty.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
DM will make his rolls and some of the players, Players, will make their rolls most of the time.

13. Are there any home-brewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

Every class increases their skill points by 2 every level
Feats every other level
Teleportation is blocked by force effects.
Gates work on the same plane
Retroactive skill points
Max 2 flaws (Dragon magazine flaws preferred, please request with edition number)
Fractional BAB and saves (only receive the +2 once per save)
up to 2 traits
1 xp = 5 gp for crafting and spells (no costly spell components)
This VoP (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16949396&postcount=15)
0% Psionic-Magic transparency
Tongues/Speak language affect don't work as per the spells, I will give you an interpretation of the language. (comes out to great RP and effects)
No PvP
Essentia investment is 1/4 levels, instead of 1/5 levels.
No early entry
No bloodlines
No truenaming
No item familiars (sentient items are fine)
Movement can trigger more than one AOO from the same combatant

Additional changes:

Sneak attack functions on undead
Rangers can change their favored enemies with 8 hours of rest and 10 minutes of communing with nature
Flanking provides +1d6 of sneak attack damage (stacks) to anyone willing to use it. (Some may not want to)
Rogues (and only rogues) can trade sneak attack dice for critical hit multiplier at a ratio of 2:1 and vice versa, this must be made before an attack, and applies to all attacks that round. The maximum you can trade is the amount Sneak Attack dice you have gained from class levels.
For example: A 5th level rogue has 3d6 SA dice, and attacks with a dagger, they decide to sacrifice 2d6 SA dice to improve the dagger's critical multiplier by 1.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
Yes, skirt length is fine.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, role-playing, or a combination of the above?
Mostly hack and slash and role play. I intend this to be more role-playing than anything, interspersed with combats. I want to include some kind of mechanic to deal with the brutality of death, and dealing it out, with the human psyche etc

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rule books and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
Any 3.5 WoTC and only WoTC, no brew whatsoever, so please do not ask.
Dragon compendium is fine
Dragonlance is not
Dragon magazine is not
3.0 is not

CozJa
2024-04-04, 11:18 AM
Wow, I was in the other one, but then I got lost in the work flood... this seems interesting to play!

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2024-04-04, 12:08 PM
I am also interested. Not sure on the character yet - maybe a druid with a splash of swordsage (Dwarf ? Gnoll?).

Halfelf ninja
2024-04-04, 01:43 PM
Looks interesting - I have a vague concept of a hot-blooded "spellslinger" (sorcerer 6/magic missile mage 3) who believes ghat what doesnt work with magical force didnt use enough of it.

Ilerien
2024-04-04, 02:23 PM
Dibs on melee warlock. :)

Burning Spear
2024-04-04, 10:14 PM
Blah Blah Blah

Athaleon
2024-04-04, 11:19 PM
I think I might try the Hexblade with the listed fixes. I do have a couple of questions about those:

- The Hexblade gains Medium Armor casting, does he gain Medium Armor Proficiency as well?
- Given that these changes are supposed to improve the Hexblade, should Hex really be a Swift Action or should it remain a Free Action restricted to one use per round?

BelGareth
2024-04-05, 09:31 AM
Interested, can I ask if Undead are allowed? I am eyeing a Revenant (+3 LA?), I'd lean Assuran (Hoar)/ Velsharoon. Alignment L.N.

Pm sent

PM answered

I think I might try the Hexblade with the listed fixes. I do have a couple of questions about those:

- The Hexblade gains Medium Armor casting, does he gain Medium Armor Proficiency as well?
- Given that these changes are supposed to improve the Hexblade, should Hex really be a Swift Action or should it remain a Free Action restricted to one use per round?

yes
lets keep it to free for now, we can adjust if needed

Cygnia
2024-04-05, 09:46 AM
If the set-up is we're prisoners, do we actually have gear?

namo
2024-04-05, 10:18 AM
There's no Warlock "fix" that you approve of, Bel? (they're homebrew - basically they tend to give some more Invocations)
I'm prioritizing the Rose Petal game, but for this one that also looks like a lot of fun I was thinking a necromancer with a complete lack of morals (so not a fan of evil/rampage, but just unable to distinguish a good from a bad act...), mechanically a (ranged) Warlock or Cleric/Warlock/Eldritch Disciple.

BelGareth
2024-04-05, 10:36 AM
If the set-up is we're prisoners, do we actually have gear?
technically no, but you get your stuff back when you are thawed

There's no Warlock "fix" that you approve of, Bel? (they're homebrew - basically they tend to give some more Invocations)
I'm prioritizing the Rose Petal game, but for this one that also looks like a lot of fun I was thinking a necromancer with a complete lack of morals (so not a fan of evil/rampage, but just unable to distinguish a good from a bad act...), mechanically a (ranged) Warlock or Cleric/Warlock/Eldritch Disciple.

nope, i like warlock the way it is.

Ancient
2024-04-05, 11:06 AM
technically no, but you get your stuff back when you are thawed.

So, Winter Soldier meets Snake Pliskin?

How stabby do you expect this to be? I have an idea for an Evil bard, but want to make sure it is right for this game.

BelGareth
2024-04-05, 11:33 AM
So, Winter Soldier meets Snake Pliskin?

How stabby do you expect this to be? I have an idea for an Evil bard, but want to make sure it is right for this game.

oh yes, this is basically suicide squad, you guys are evil, and should be evil, as that is what you are being thawed to do. [within certain parameters ofc]

Metastachydium
2024-04-07, 11:10 AM
…and I might just have a VERY stupid idea for this. For a quick preview: we are talking an Anthropomorphic Huge Viper Snake here, known as "The Manticore" in criminal underground circles.

Auranghzeb
2024-04-07, 01:11 PM
I had to make this character. She is a spymaster specialized in disguise and misdirection and she also has 5 dips on different classes that I tried to justify thematically.

The first thing one learns is to seduce and incite trust, to disguise one's emotions and intentions in layers of appearance. The second lesson is the Prana Bindu forms of meditation: the Shaping of the Soul and The Harnessing of The Genetic Lines within one's heritage. Then, the Mind is left to wild exploration that breaks it for it to be remade: The destruction of the Identity. Then comes the Sword that sharpens the body and make steel an extension of the mind.

What remains is an instrument made of layers and layers of truth and lies, with secret conditionings and complexities that are hidden even from themselves.

Thespos (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2894447)
F? NE Kalashtar Face Dancer, Level 9, Init 5, HP / , Speed 30
AC 24, Touch 15, Flat-footed 20, Fort 7, Ref 9, Will 5, Base Attack Bonus 6/1, Power Points 32/40
Spiked Chain +13 (2d4+13, )
Eagle Claws +12 (1d6+8, )
Gnome Quickrazor +12 (1d6+8, )
Inertial Armor (+9 Armor, +4 Dex, +1 Deflect)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 18, Con 15, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 16

https://i.imgur.com/SUmiwGP.png

Design Notes: I'm re-fluffing Binder and Incarnate as two complementary forms of Prana-Bindu meditation. The idea is that instead of "Binding a Vestige" she Access her own Genetic Heritage into past lifes. Most of the time she will be Bound to Naberius for the At will disguise self.

Forsaken
2024-04-07, 01:21 PM
Ooooh have so many ideas xD

For races if it has an La buy off do you want us to dip it off our character? Because doppelganger or troll would be fun. Or an ogre lol. I like playing gimmicky Ish characters.

Would be fun Playing a troll or ogre that desperately thinks or want to be a mage, so it got a lot of magic items but is truly a barbarian who uses the magic items acting like its casting spells.

Or be a doppelganger with multiple personalities. One thinking it's a hero another a coward and last the villain. So, the whole time he is trying to find the villain in hero mode but is secretly the villain himself.

Or go the whole black knight route. by being a war forged war blade who is a dark knight and plots his revenge on the kingdom that has betrayed him so many ideas.

:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

but would like to know which you would prefer or prefer me to stay away from while constructing a character. Haven't played a pc in forever lol

BelGareth
2024-04-07, 01:38 PM
Not a huge fan of non-humanoid gimmicky pc’s, this game is more serious, role playing and will go into the details of death, combat, prod and stuff like that.

Forsaken
2024-04-07, 02:30 PM
Not a huge fan of non-humanoid gimmicky pc’s, this game is more serious, role playing and will go into the details of death, combat, prod and stuff like that.

So more the warforged warblade then? Or want something different?

Burning Spear
2024-04-07, 03:11 PM
oh yes, this is basically suicide squad, you guys are evil, and should be evil, as that is what you are being thawed to do. [within certain parameters ofc]

Ok, my Pm was shot to bits, so we cant be Undead/ L.N.?
Anything from Libris Mortis not allowed?

LairdMaon
2024-04-07, 07:40 PM
I should like to offer Asano (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2894560) as my submission to this game. He is sneaky-sneaky, a thief and sometime assassin. He has an unfortunate lack of luck when mixing gambling and drinking, a fact which lead to his incarceration. Seems the queen doesn't take kindly to folks who forge her name on documents to make withdrawals from the royal treasury.

https://asset.dopaminegirl.com/158aa61a39cd40ee84404316c004561a.webp

BelGareth
2024-04-07, 07:56 PM
So more the warforged warblade then? Or want something different?
I mean, yes, but I don’t really care tbh? I know that sounds terrible, but I mean it’s really up to you, I don’t have preferences on what you build as long as they are within the guidelines.

A warforged warblade is fine for this game

Ok, my Pm was shot to bits, so we cant be Undead/ L.N.?
Anything from Libris Mortis not allowed?
Yeah, sorry about that. No, undead are ok, but I don’t want anything that’s so far removed from
Humanity it makes it hard to roleplay, which in my head is anything non-humanoid.

So a vampire would be fine.

Auranghzeb
2024-04-08, 03:51 AM
I should like to offer Asano (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2894560) as my submission to this game. He is sneaky-sneaky, a thief and sometime assassin. He has an unfortunate lack of luck when mixing gambling and drinking, a fact which lead to his incarceration. Seems the queen doesn't take kindly to folks who forge her name on documents to make withdrawals from the royal treasury.

https://asset.dopaminegirl.com/158aa61a39cd40ee84404316c004561a.webp

That's the hottest Gnome ever. But more importantly, I believe the "adventurer" rogue bonus feats have to be used on feats a fighter can take as bonus feats.

Burning Spear
2024-04-08, 08:20 AM
Yeah, sorry about that. No, undead are ok, but I don’t want anything that’s so far removed from
Humanity it makes it hard to roleplay, which in my head is anything non-humanoid.

So a vampire would be fine.
How is an undead-concept based on the "punisher/ revenge far removed from humanity?

Anyway; 🤣
The only question then is, will you allow us to use those classes as if they were normal classes?, as in, take levels intermitted and when I as a player want to, instead of being forced to go on to the class and not get off it untill its fully fulfilled?

LairdMaon
2024-04-08, 08:45 AM
That's the hottest Gnome ever. But more importantly, I believe the "adventurer" rogue bonus feats have to be used on feats a fighter can take as bonus feats.

There's a good chance you're right on that. I'll see about correcting that.

Burning Spear
2024-04-08, 09:01 AM

How is that a Gnome??? 😆

Forsaken
2024-04-08, 09:03 AM
I mean, yes, but I don’t really care tbh? I know that sounds terrible, but I mean it’s really up to you, I don’t have preferences on what you build as long as they are within the guidelines.

A warforged warblade is fine for this game

Gotcha gotcha. Not terrible in the least was just confirming that that was all good lol. I think its going be a more tanky build trying to buff up some passive damage lol Want him to be tough enough to survive your campaign. :smallwink:

LairdMaon
2024-04-08, 09:36 AM
How is that a Gnome??? 😆

Whisper Gnome! Seen from the perspective of a normal sized person! 😀

BelGareth
2024-04-08, 10:16 AM
How is an undead-concept based on the "punisher/ revenge far removed from humanity?

It's not, I just don't like/want the template you wanted.

Anyway; 🤣
The only question then is, will you allow us to use those classes as if they were normal classes?, as in, take levels intermitted and when I as a player want to, instead of being forced to go on to the class and not get off it untill its fully fulfilled?

I'm not sure I fully understand, you mean take dips? or PRC's?

LairdMaon
2024-04-08, 11:01 AM
Asano has been fixed. Feats are in the right places, though I had to drop my Lucky Dice for Combat Acrobat. Still, fits the idea I'm going for.

BelGareth
2024-04-08, 11:38 AM
Asano has been fixed. Feats are in the right places, though I had to drop my Lucky Dice for Combat Acrobat. Still, fits the idea I'm going for.

thats a cool feat.

Burning Spear
2024-04-08, 06:41 PM
It's not, I just don't like/want the template you wanted.
I'm not sure I fully understand, you mean take dips? or PRC's?
1) Ok, that's a shame, O.o

2) No, neither, the classes for templates like Ghoul, Whight and Vampire Spawn in Lirbis Mortis say one should finish the whole "class" before doing anything else class-wise, which I think is lame. So I hope you'll allow anyone who wants to go that way to allow them to "multiclass" as normal, even with these "template-classes"..

BelGareth
2024-04-08, 10:11 PM
1) Ok, that's a shame, O.o

2) No, neither, the classes for templates like Ghoul, Whight and Vampire Spawn in Lirbis Mortis say one should finish the whole "class" before doing anything else class-wise, which I think is lame. So I hope you'll allow anyone who wants to go that way to allow them to "multiclass" as normal, even with these "template-classes"..

Oh, yeah, those would need to be finished

Burning Spear
2024-04-08, 10:46 PM
Oh, yeah, those would need to be finished

Boohoo, seriously, I don't get why this is supposedly a thing.

Zarthrax
2024-04-08, 11:34 PM
Working on character idea for this.

Does Elemental Grafter (Magic of Eberron) equate to Graft Flesh (Lords of Madness) for qualifying for Fleshwarper prestige class (also Lords of Madness)? They both make grafts, but Elemental Grafter can be taken at level 5.

BelGareth
2024-04-08, 11:42 PM
Working on character idea for this.

Does Elemental Grafter (Magic of Eberron) equate to Graft Flesh (Lords of Madness) for qualifying for Fleshwarper prestige class (also Lords of Madness)? They both make grafts, but Elemental Grafter can be taken at level 5.

Works for me

Burning Spear
2024-04-09, 10:04 AM
Another Pm sent (or 2)

Forsaken
2024-04-09, 11:36 AM
The Black Knight Lucian (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2895554)

https://static.displate.com/857x1200/displate/2020-02-04/8074c7a71caa0d4ee0cb8052535f1317_5743feb3af43ea908 cbdb856005e3988.jpg

The Black Knight Lucian. Created for the sole purpose of combatting the strongest foes upon the land terrorizing the people of the kingdom. Fighting the nobles and powerful defenders of the crown. Eventually losing and being frozen. Forced to wait for his freedom before trying to get his revenge and aim to claim his title as the strongest knight in the world.

Bio is a bit basic. But hopefully it gets more fleshed out during the campaign I hope. :smallbiggrin:

Ilerien
2024-04-09, 01:42 PM
Please, give Alastor (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2896030) a warm welcome.

Portrait is pending, and I'll likely make some minor adjustments later (at least to his inventory).

A hundred and something years ago Alastor was an aspiring acolyte of one of the major religions in the Kingdom. Less than disciplined, he received pains and penalties from the priests on a regular basis - for daydreaming, being lax in his duties, forgetting tenets of the faith. Once his superiors had been fed up with him, he had been sent on a pilgrimage to a remote temple. Naturally, the hapless acolyte got lost, stumbled upon fae crossroads and promptly crossed into the Realm of Faerie...
Alastor had emerged a hundred years later, vastly changed. Armed with mind-shattering knowledge and filled with insatiable craving to hoard more, he travelled the Kingdrom of the Rose and beyond doing his extravagant errands at the behest of his Lady, buying and stealing secrets, kidnapping people, delivering cryptic messages...
As the agents of the royal family discovered themselves, knowledge is power, in his case the power was literal. It tool considerable effort and several lost lives to capture Alastor, and for some reason they decided to keep the warlock in stasis.

Metastachydium
2024-04-09, 02:08 PM
Boohoo, seriously, I don't get why this is supposedly a thing.

Because those being monster classes, when you take them, your race is your class (you damn whippersnappers). They are not terribly good, no, but
1. normal races don't allow a player to "multirace" either;
2. the point of them is to allow playing high RHD/LA count things at low levels, which they ultimately do do;
3. it's not like them being "hey, have a free template, no LA" cheese would be any more fair; and
4. as savage progressions demonstrated, what you want is dable, but it can get crazy broken fast.

Oh, and as regards the Revenant, a quick heads-up: it is, by RAW, LA –, i.e. as unplayable as it gets, and allows no advancement, so arguably one cannot progress a character further after adding a template. Some DMs might overlook those issues, but the Big 16 here specifies "no brew", so it's ultimately an illegal pick.

[CENTER]The Black Knight Lucian

But-but-but… He can't even have flesh wounds! (What with no flesh and all that.) What happens when you hack his limbs of?!

Cygnia
2024-04-09, 02:31 PM
But-but-but… He can't even have flesh wounds! (What with no flesh and all that.) What happens when you hack his limbs of?!

"We are trying to contact you about your warforged's extended warranty..."

Burning Spear
2024-04-09, 03:11 PM
Bit late reaction but I'll bite;

Because those being monster classes, when you take them, your race is your class (you damn whippersnappers). They are not terribly good, no, but
Ok "kiddo", I ain't no whipperwhatever, and have been playing for an odd 35+ years now, so I am well versed in what is and isn't crazy to ask for.

1. normal races don't allow a player to "multirace" either

2. the point of them is to allow playing high RHD/LA count things at low levels, which they ultimately do do
I guess...

3. it's not like them being "hey, have a free template, no LA" cheese would be any more fair; and
Not at all what I was asking/ gunning for.

4. as savage progressions demonstrated, what you want is dable, but it can get crazy broken fast.
Not what I was looking for and dabble?, not really, as I did intend to finish the progression, just intertmitten with actual class levels of the class I already had.

Oh, and as regards the Revenant, a quick heads-up: it is, by RAW, LA –, i.e. as unplayable as it gets, and allows no advancement, so arguably one cannot progress a character further after adding a template. Some DMs might overlook those issues, but the Big 16 here specifies "no brew", so it's ultimately an illegal pick.
No Idea where you getting that notion from.

Dm Pm'ed me anyway and answered some issues that came up, so I will be looking at my options now.

Anyway, I'm eyeing Katane now instead, +4 LA, nice and simple.

Zarthrax
2024-04-09, 09:31 PM
@BelGareth-

Does the change in systems affect oldstyle grafts versus newstyle grafts? Specifically, I'm looking at mixing and matching oldstyle grafts, then picking a primary newstyle graft source as a primary.

Forsaken
2024-04-09, 09:56 PM
1. normal races don't allow a player to "multirace" either;
2. the point of them is to allow playing high RHD/LA count things at low levels, which they ultimately do do;

He will still keep fighting even if you cut off both arms and legs. Buhahaha I have improved him over the traditional black knights :smallbiggrin:

edit might lower his spell resistance from 15 to 13 and snag a belt of healing lol. Vicious weapons drain hp a bit to much. Even with the +2 recovery per successful hit.

Burning Spear
2024-04-09, 10:49 PM
I presume Half-Undead do not have a - for con?

Metastachydium
2024-04-10, 11:03 AM
He will still keep fighting even if you cut off both arms and legs. Buhahaha I have improved him over the traditional black knights :smallbiggrin:

GOOD.

Bit late reaction but I'll bite;

Bite?! I should have known those horns mean I'm facing a herbivore!

Ok "kiddo", I ain't no whipperwhatever, and have been playing for an odd 35+ years now,

I got an opportunity to say "your race is your class" and did the obvious joke (https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0218.html). No offense was meant!

Not at all what I was asking/ gunning for.

Pardon the implication; that is, nevertheless, the rationale behind the design decision (like, it's a "no getting the Avoral's cool flight and cool class features quite so early").

No Idea where you getting that notion from.

"Advancement : —" is from p. 94 of MComp; that bit has never been changed or otherwise updated since;
"LA: —" is from p. 7 of the official Monster Update web enhancement to PGtF, where the Revenant is updated to 3.5 standards;
"no brew" and "no brew whatsoever" are specified under points no. 7 and 16, respectively, in the Big 16 here.

Dm Pm'ed me anyway and answered some issues that came up, so I will be looking at my options now.

Anyway, I'm eyeing Katane now instead, +4 LA, nice and simple.

Nice. I just saw you tried the Revenant idea in a number of recruitments, and was trying to help. Once more, no offense was meant.

Anyhow, I got another stupid idea in the meantime: Rijn of the Number, a Lesser Earth Genasi Fighter 2/Martial Monk 2/Martial Rogue 2/ Psychic Warrior 2/Combat Wizard 1, with all those feats sunken into a combination of spear&shield fighting and AoOs. The basic idea is this weird Lawful bodyguard type working for whoever pays, no questions asked. Guy should have asked questions, got involved in a violent but idiotic revolt where a small provincial capital was overtaken by a would-be military genius who slaughtered the previous government (mostly hailing from a major noble house married into a cadet branch of the royal family) and moronically kept fighting for the usurper even after said usurper got killed because the contract was for a fixed period that didn't yet run out.

Do shoot it down, @Bel before I finish it up if it's too stupid (because I do absolutely understand it's really stupid).

BelGareth
2024-04-10, 11:14 AM
[CENTER]The Black Knight Lucian (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2895554)

The Black Knight Lucian. Created for the sole purpose of combatting the strongest foes upon the land terrorizing the people of the kingdom. Fighting the nobles and powerful defenders of the crown. Eventually losing and being frozen. Forced to wait for his freedom before trying to get his revenge and aim to claim his title as the strongest knight in the world.

Bio is a bit basic. But hopefully it gets more fleshed out during the campaign I hope. :smallbiggrin:
Excellent.

Please, give Alastor (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2896030) a warm welcome.

Portrait is pending, and I'll likely make some minor adjustments later (at least to his inventory).

A hundred and something years ago Alastor was an aspiring acolyte of one of the major religions in the Kingdom. Less than disciplined, he received pains and penalties from the priests on a regular basis - for daydreaming, being lax in his duties, forgetting tenets of the faith. Once his superiors had been fed up with him, he had been sent on a pilgrimage to a remote temple. Naturally, the hapless acolyte got lost, stumbled upon fae crossroads and promptly crossed into the Realm of Faerie...
Alastor had emerged a hundred years later, vastly changed. Armed with mind-shattering knowledge and filled with insatiable craving to hoard more, he travelled the Kingdrom of the Rose and beyond doing his extravagant errands at the behest of his Lady, buying and stealing secrets, kidnapping people, delivering cryptic messages...
As the agents of the royal family discovered themselves, knowledge is power, in his case the power was literal. It tool considerable effort and several lost lives to capture Alastor, and for some reason they decided to keep the warlock in stasis.
Love it, surprised you didn't go into Enlightened spirit tbh.

@BelGareth-

Does the change in systems affect oldstyle grafts versus newstyle grafts? Specifically, I'm looking at mixing and matching oldstyle grafts, then picking a primary newstyle graft source as a primary.
I'll be honest, my graft-fu is not strong, so I'll be depending on you for this mechanic. Make whatever decision you feel is appropriate.

I presume Half-Undead do not have a - for con?
No.

Anyhow, I got another stupid idea in the meantime: Rijn of the Number, a Lesser Earth Genasi Fighter 2/Martial Monk 2/Martial Rogue 2/ Psychic Warrior 2/Combat Wizard 1, with all those feats sunken into a combination of spear&shield fighting and AoOs. The basic idea is this weird Lawful bodyguard type working for whoever pays, no questions asked. Guy should have asked questions, got involved in a violent but idiotic revolt where a small provincial capital was overtaken by a would-be military genius who slaughtered the previous government (mostly hailing from a major noble house married into a cadet branch of the royal family) and moronically kept fighting for the usurper even after said usurper got killed because the contract was for a fixed period that didn't yet run out.

Do shoot it down, @Bel before I finish it up if it's too stupid (because I do absolutely understand it's really stupid).
I love this idea. Full steam ahead!

Cygnia
2024-04-10, 07:41 PM
The depraved killer who would become Knowles started off as a lowly drudge in a thieves' guild in the far southwest of the Empire called the Seventy-Six Sevens. Mind you, never in this guild's history did its membership ever come close to seventy-six members, let alone reach 767. Minor smash and grabs and pickpocketing was the best this guild strove for -- nothing ever truly dangerous or risky.

And nothing worth a young changeling's talents. He chafed working for such a crude group. The town the guild was based in wasn't much better in terms of anything worth stealing. It was safe and boring and utterly dull. He left to try his fortunes elsewhere.

And on the road...

"Please allow me to introduce myself. I'm a man of wealth and taste..."

The handsome stranger at the rundown tavern seemed amused at the brash lad's attempt to flatter him -- and laughed merrily when he tried to palm some coin from the stranger's purse. Then the would-be thief's gaze was caught by the stranger's unblinking red eyes. Time seemed to freeze...

"So much potential -- so much hunger! But you could be so, so much more, mortal changeling. Why settle for crumbs that you're forced to share with lesser fools anyways? Why not take the entire feast for yourself? And why take the shape of the thug when you could be something greater? All you have to do is play a different game.

All you have to do is TAKE...."

Before the night was over, he had taken up Mephistopheles' boon. No more being a mere rogue, he would stalk the unwary, naive fat sheep in their golden halls. Seduce them with honeyed words and wide smiles. Stare into their eyes in the privacy of their quarters, taking in their utter rapt attention...

...and leave them as cold corpses come morning, relieved of their most precious items. For Knowles, those six years were exhilarating! How did those accursed agents of the Queen find him?! And then to dare KEEP him imprisoned in the dreamless dark...

...until now...

Knowles (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2895824)
M NE Changeling Rogue2/Mountebank5/MountebankPrC2, Level 9, Init 3, HP 55/55, Speed 30
AC 21, Touch 15, Flat-footed 18, Fort 4, Ref 8, Will 3, Base Attack Bonus 6/1
Eternal Wand of Nerve Skitter in Wand Chamber Rapier +1 10/5 (1d6+1, 19-20/x2)
7/day mists conceal wearer for 1 minute, vision not obscured, Least Crystal of Mind Cloaking Mithralmist Shirt (+5 Armor, +3 Dex, +2 Deflect, +1 Natural)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 20
Condition Endure Elements (24/hr from Eternal Wand)
Least Crystal of Mind Cloaking: +1 on saves against mind-affecting effects
+2 racial bonus on saving throws against sleep and charm effects
Evasion: At 2nd level and higher, a rogue can avoid even magical and unusual attacks with great agility. If she makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage.
Craven: You take a -2 penalty on saving throws against fear effects. However, when making a sneak attack, you deal an extra 1 point of damage per character level.

Burning Spear
2024-04-10, 08:24 PM
No. !

No, it isn't or no it is? 😆 Just to make sure I understand.
It would mean I need to spend points on Con. Meh, 😑

Forsaken
2024-04-10, 09:38 PM
No, it isn't or no it is? 😆 Just to make sure I understand.
It would mean I need to spend points on Con. Meh, 😑

half undead do have a con score. Normally they suffer for being half undead but they still are half alive :smallwink:

Burning Spear
2024-04-10, 10:08 PM
Nice. I just saw you tried the Revenant idea in a number of recruitments, and was trying to help. Once more, no offense was meant.
Righty'O, thanks for the heads-up.

Rijn of the Number, a Lesser Earth Genasi Fighter 2/Martial Monk 2/Martial Rogue 2/ Psychic Warrior 2/Combat Wizard 1
Yikes, what a hodgepodge, lol.
But Earth Genasi, not seen them much used in apps in general, so looks fun, not sure though if Shield and Spear is the best choice, seeing as the rules are kinda against a 1handed spear.
(One reason I went Shield and Dagger instead, I actually want the Shield Ward feat.)

half undead do have a con score. Normally they suffer for being half undead but they still are half alive :smallwink:
Ok, thanks for helping clear that up (Even if u aren't the Dm), now I just need to shuffle some stats about, meh, planning always goes out the window.

Alhallor
2024-04-11, 07:06 AM
I wasn't sure if I should made a charakter till I had a... Spark of inspiration.

Meet Natraxa Winemorgen (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2896601), just a researcher on the subject of fear on humanoids. She didn't really know how she ended up in this situation, the contracts were all in order after all.

I still need to fill out equipment and stuff and I'm not sure on fear-stacking and Dread Witch in general.

I request the following flaws.

Brash: -6 to AoO and can't use the Withdraw option in battle. Dragon magacine 324 (The not Withdraw option was on me and gives the flaw the correct amount of oomph, especially with the AoO rules from Bel.)

Magical fascination: -2 to attacks and skill checks while in reach of a visible magical effect (wall of flame, spiritual weapon, etc...) I would consider her fear spells for this too, with some nice ray spells that I probably want to use this seems like it would be nearly always in effect.

Metastachydium
2024-04-11, 10:05 AM
Meet Natraxa Winemorgen (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2896601), just a researcher on the subject of fear on humanoids. She didn't really know how she ended up in this situation, the contracts were all in order after all.

Heh. I like it! I expesct she gets many "what happened to your face?!" a lot though.

Yikes, what a hodgepodge, lol.

Look, if I get to chance to sacrifice the functionality of most of my PCs class features and lose 3 points of BAB for 17 effective feats on a p level build, I'll do it.

But Earth Genasi, not seen them much used in apps in general, so looks fun,

Why, thank you! I wanted someone who's Humanoid but doesn't look the part. The stats didn't hurt, though.

not sure though if Shield and Spear is the best choice, seeing as the rules are kinda against a 1handed spear.
(One reason I went Shield and Dagger instead, I actually want the Shield Ward feat.)

Shield&spear is horrible. WotC went out of their way to actively sabotage it (bad WotC!). But there are ways, most notably Salamander halfspearsSS. I… Did something more questionable instead.

(Also, if you don't need Shield Specialization for anything else like I did, I recommend you look into Parrying ShiedlLoM.)

I love this idea. Full steam ahead!

[EVIL laughter!!] Yes, Sir!

Rijn of the Number (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2896344)
M LE Lesser Earth Genasi Fighter 2/Martial Monk 2/Martial Rogue 2/ Psychic Warrior 2/Combat Wizard 1, Level 9, Init 3, HP / , Speed 30'
AC 25, Touch 18, Flat-footed 22, Fort 11, Ref 11, Will 10, Base Attack Bonus 6/1, Power Points 0/0
Reach; lesser c. of cold assault +1 greatspear +11/+6 (1d10+6+1d6 c., ×3)
+1 greatspear and heavy pearlsteel shield +9/+9/+4 (1d10+6+1d6 c./1d4+2, ×3/×2)
Punch people +11/+6 (1d6+5, ×2)
Mithral; masterwork; lesser c. of rubicund frenzy (+3) +1 breastplate, Masterwork; pearlsteel +2 heavy shield (+7 Armor, +5 Shield, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 20, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 8
Condition None
–+2 racial bonus on saving throws against earth spells and effects;
–AoOs have +2 competence to hit;
–Aid Another in combat grants +3; flanking gives +2 to damage.

I still've got a picture to conjure up, some shopping to do and fluff. As regards the latter… Be informed that there will be a good explanation for how and why this shmuck ended up with all those stupid levels.

BelGareth
2024-04-11, 01:49 PM
I wasn't sure if I should made a charakter till I had a... Spark of inspiration.

I still need to fill out equipment and stuff and I'm not sure on fear-stacking and Dread Witch in general.

I request the following flaws.

Brash: -6 to AoO and can't use the Withdraw option in battle. Dragon magacine 324 (The not Withdraw option was on me and gives the flaw the correct amount of oomph, especially with the AoO rules from Bel.)

Magical fascination: -2 to attacks and skill checks while in reach of a visible magical effect (wall of flame, spiritual weapon, etc...) I would consider her fear spells for this too, with some nice ray spells that I probably want to use this seems like it would be nearly always in effect.

I absolutely LOVE it, but my only concern with a fear based build is how darn powerful they can be.
Maybe dilute it down a tad and give yourself more options, the intimidate at +25 for example?

Burning Spear
2024-04-11, 02:10 PM
Pearlsteel?, where is it from/ what does it do?

@BelGareth:
Ring of See Invisibility

This ring allows the wearer to see invisible, astral, or ethereal creatures or objects within 130 feet as if they were normally visible. It does not reveal illusions or creatures that are simply hiding or concealed. Ethereal creatures viewed from the Material Plane appear slightly hazy and unfocused, but the wearer can otherwise see details normally.
Caster Level: 3rd; Prerequisites: Forge Ring, see invisibility; Market Price: 15,000 gp.

Would you allow this item even if it goes over the: 36,000 gp, no item more than 1/3 of starting wealth (12k)?

Edit:
Flaws of interest:
Warrior Of The Phalanx
{Scrubbed}
Source: Dragon Magazine #324

Mounted Warrior
{Scrubbed}

Postmodernist
2024-04-11, 02:30 PM

Stormwrack. Damage dealt underwater by a pearlsteel bludgeoning or slashing weapon is reduced by -2 rather than halved.

Burning Spear
2024-04-11, 02:34 PM
Stormwrack. Damage dealt underwater by a pearlsteel bludgeoning or slashing weapon is reduced by -2 rather than halved.
Ok, cheers.

Cygnia
2024-04-11, 02:39 PM
Stormwrack, I believe

"Pearlsteel is very light, especially in water. Pearlsteel items weigh 25% less than their normal equivalents."

Forsaken
2024-04-12, 04:02 AM
Player
Character
Race
Classes
Approved and or Statements

Metastachydium
Rijn of the Number (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2896344)
Lesser Earth Genasi
Fighter 2/Martial Monk 2/Martial Rogue 2/ Psychic Warrior 2/Combat Wizard 1
- - - - - - - - - -

Alhallor
Natraxa Winemorgen (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2896601)
Human
Dread Necromancer 5 / Dread Witch 4
- - - - - - - - - -

/TR]

Ilerien
Alastor (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2896030)
Human
Cleric 1 / Warlock 8
- - - - - - - - - -

Forsaken
Lucian the Black Knight (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2895554)
Warforged
Warblade 8 Crusader 1
- - - - - - - - - -

LairdMaon
Asano (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2894560)
Whisper Gnome
Martial Rogue
- - - - - - - - - -

Aurangh
Thespos (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2894447)
Kalashtar
Face Dancer
- - - - - - - - - -

Burning Spear
Grigor Hulmaster (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2896089)
Human Katane (Half Vampire)
Wizz/ Paragon/ Master Spec.
- - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - -

Alhallor
2024-04-12, 04:18 AM
Heh. I like it! I expesct she gets many "what happened to your face?!" a lot though.

I imagine that's what people see when she activates her fear aura.

I absolutely LOVE it, but my only concern with a fear based build is how darn powerful they can be.
Maybe dilute it down a tad and give yourself more options, the intimidate at +25 for example?

I'll temper it down a little, the +25 comes mostly from Dread witch who gives +2 to Intimidate for every level of the class. I'll tone it down to a single +2.

Cygnia
2024-04-12, 07:32 AM
Adding me to THE LIST...

Player
Character
Race
Classes
Approved and or Statements

Metastachydium
Rijn of the Number (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2896344)
Lesser Earth Genasi
Fighter 2/Martial Monk 2/Martial Rogue 2/ Psychic Warrior 2/Combat Wizard 1
- - - - - - - - - -

Alhallor
Natraxa Winemorgen (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2896601)
Human
Dread Necromancer 5 / Dread Witch 4
- - - - - - - - - -

/TR]

Ilerien
Alastor (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2896030)
Human
Cleric 1 / Warlock 8
- - - - - - - - - -

Forsaken
Lucian the Black Knight (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2895554)
Warforged
Warblade 8 Crusader 1
- - - - - - - - - -

LairdMaon
Asano (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2894560)
Whisper Gnome
Martial Rogue
- - - - - - - - - -

Aurangh
Thespos (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2894447)
Kalashtar
Face Dancer
- - - - - - - - - -

Burning Spear
Grigor Hulmaster (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2896089)
Human Katane (Half Vampire)
Wizz/ Paragon/ Master Spec.
- - - - - - - - - -

Cygnia
Knowles (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2895824)
Changeling
Rogue2/Mountebank5 (DragComp)/Mountebank PrC2 (CompS)
- - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - -

Forsaken
2024-04-12, 07:39 AM
Adding me to THE LIST...

Ah sorry did I miss ya? was having a rough night ptsd kept messing up my sleep so just decided to do something lol I remember seeing your sheet but when I looked through it might have missed it. :smallredface:

3SecondCultist
2024-04-12, 08:05 AM
An Evil game. At 9th level. In 3.5. With Bel as the DM?

Count me in thrice, please. This is the kind of game to break someone like me out of a months-long absence from the forums.

I have a fun idea for a psionic shaper who specializes in tinkering and poisons. Thinking of either a Human or maybe a Kalashtar Psion (Shaper) 9, though I may spring for some levels in Constructor.

Regarding that PrC Bel: does the nerf from CPsi still apply to the later ability to make multiple constructs with the same power, or is the PrC an exception to that rule? This may not be relevant right away, but the ability to make multiple astral constructs kind of makes or breaks the build.

Also, do Psicrystals get feats as well? As intelligent creatures I have always argued that they should, but want to wait on your final ruling there.

BelGareth
2024-04-12, 09:34 AM
An Evil game. At 9th level. In 3.5. With Bel as the DM?

Count me in thrice, please. This is the kind of game to break someone like me out of a months-long absence from the forums.

I have a fun idea for a psionic shaper who specializes in tinkering and poisons. Thinking of either a Human or maybe a Kalashtar Psion (Shaper) 9, though I may spring for some levels in Constructor.

Regarding that PrC Bel: does the nerf from CPsi still apply to the later ability to make multiple constructs with the same power, or is the PrC an exception to that rule? This may not be relevant right away, but the ability to make multiple astral constructs kind of makes or breaks the build.

Also, do Psicrystals get feats as well? As intelligent creatures I have always argued that they should, but want to wait on your final ruling there.

Great to see you 3SC!

lets say yes to multiple constructs (if it's too much, we can alter down the road)
And no for balance reasons, psi crystals don't get feats.

Burning Spear
2024-04-12, 10:49 AM
@BelGareth:
Ring of See Invisibility

This ring allows the wearer to see invisible, astral, or ethereal creatures or objects within 130 feet as if they were normally visible. It does not reveal illusions or creatures that are simply hiding or concealed. Ethereal creatures viewed from the Material Plane appear slightly hazy and unfocused, but the wearer can otherwise see details normally.
Caster Level: 3rd; Prerequisites: Forge Ring, see invisibility; Market Price: 15,000 gp.

Would you allow this item even if it goes over the: 36,000 gp, no item more than 1/3 of starting wealth (12k)?

Edit:
Flaws of interest:
Warrior Of The Phalanx
Trained to fight in a group, you have difficulties when fighting alone.
Effect: You suffer a -4 penalty on attack rolls you make when not adjacent to an ally.
Suggested Class/Race: Paladins

Mounted Warrior
You only feel comfortable fighting from the saddle.
Prerequisite: Ride 1 rank.
Effect: You suffer a -2 penalty on attack rolls made while not riding a mount.
Suggested Class/Race: Paladins, or Valenar Elf

@BelGareth: Did you miss this post? :smallbiggrin: Cheers!

BelGareth
2024-04-12, 10:54 AM
@BelGareth: Did you miss this post? :smallbiggrin: Cheers!

No to the item
Warrior Of The Phalanx is fine
Mounted Warrior is not, as there will be little mounted activities

Burning Spear
2024-04-12, 10:58 AM
No to the item
Warrior Of The Phalanx is fine
Mounted Warrior is not, as there will be little mounted activities
1) Boohoo 😆
2) Okidoki, cheers!
3) That's the whole point of that flaw! It will actually have an effect on my scrub! 🤷🏼

3SecondCultist
2024-04-12, 11:06 AM
Requesting the Coward flaw from Dragon 324.

Say Bel, have you ever read Best Served Cold by Joe Abercrombie?

Cygnia
2024-04-12, 11:15 AM
Ah sorry did I miss ya? was having a rough night ptsd kept messing up my sleep so just decided to do something lol I remember seeing your sheet but when I looked through it might have missed it. :smallredface:

It's all good. Have had my own dances with PTSD eff'ing up my sleep, so I get it.

BelGareth
2024-04-12, 11:16 AM
Requesting the Coward flaw from Dragon 324.

Say Bel, have you ever read Best Served Cold by Joe Abercrombie?

Woof, thats a big one, you sure?
I'd be down, and it fits very well for this game.

And no, never heard of it, have now and it looks awesome

3SecondCultist
2024-04-12, 11:23 AM

And no, never heard of it, have now and it looks awesome

Yeah, let's go for it. I'm playing a summoner, so the penalty isn't as bad as one might think. From the perspective of pure fluff or RP, I'm playing a sneaky crafty poisoner with a bit of a God complex but absolutely no ability to stand up to anyone in direct controntations.

Here is my sheet for Astari Dawnsong (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2896890) (WIP).

namo
2024-04-12, 11:48 AM
Best Served Cold is my favourite Abercrombie book; I haven't read many of them, mind you, but I read the First Law trilogy and while that was very nice (I say nice on purpose, even though it's quite dark!), BSC is a cut above for my taste.

My concept is solidifying as
Darios the Black
a halfling necromancer (Warlock) whose tale, even after he got captured, still inspired followers to raise a plague of undead, causing periodic trouble in the kingdom.
So the Petals cunningly ran a smear campaign, decrying his achievements, until they got him re-baptized "the Cowardly Necrophiliac" (among other unflattering titles), which did wonders to stop the romantic attrait of emulating him.
He would now very much like to erase that shameful moniker.

...The Cowardly part is not even completely wrong, since he tends to remain Invisible and let his minions do the work for him. He can also make new undead recruits mid-combat from the corpses of the fallen, no matter which side they were on.

But if I get accepted in Petals, I'll likely drop this one.

Forsaken
2024-04-12, 12:03 PM
lol I feel like I missed a memo we have alot of mages applying I think im the only tank so far unless you guys make them which seems entirely possible :smallbiggrin:

3SecondCultist
2024-04-12, 12:29 PM
lol I feel like I missed a memo we have alot of mages applying I think im the only tank so far unless you guys make them which seems entirely possible :smallbiggrin:

Hmm. The table of applicants certainly didn't have a ton of mages on it.

Plus, Astari will actually be quite tough with the good old Vigor + Psicrystal + Share Pain combo, and she will be summoning frontliners all over the place with her boosted Astral Construct power.

Esprit15
2024-04-12, 02:29 PM
A “Hell yeah you’re evil” game? I have just the Dread Necromancer for this. Should I go easy on minions, or get weird with it?

BelGareth
2024-04-12, 06:01 PM
Yeah, let's go for it. I'm playing a summoner, so the penalty isn't as bad as one might think. From the perspective of pure fluff or RP, I'm playing a sneaky crafty poisoner with a bit of a God complex but absolutely no ability to stand up to anyone in direct controntations.

Here is my sheet for Astari Dawnsong (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2896890) (WIP).

Looks great, little wary about the K.Devotion, but it seems mostly on theme

Best Served Cold is my favourite Abercrombie book; I haven't read many of them, mind you, but I read the First Law trilogy and while that was very nice (I say nice on purpose, even though it's quite dark!), BSC is a cut above for my taste.

My concept is solidifying as
Darios the Black
a halfling necromancer (Warlock) whose tale, even after he got captured, still inspired followers to raise a plague of undead, causing periodic trouble in the kingdom.
So the Petals cunningly ran a smear campaign, decrying his achievements, until they got him re-baptized "the Cowardly Necrophiliac" (among other unflattering titles), which did wonders to stop the romantic attrait of emulating him.
He would now very much like to erase that shameful moniker.

...The Cowardly part is not even completely wrong, since he tends to remain Invisible and let his minions do the work for him. He can also make new undead recruits mid-combat from the corpses of the fallen, no matter which side they were on.

But if I get accepted in Petals, I'll likely drop this one.
Sounds good, another minionmancer, i will say, you will need to manage your own minions, stats etc.

A “Hell yeah you’re evil” game? I have just the Dread Necromancer for this. Should I go easy on minions, or get weird with it?

Up to you, i don't mind minions.

Forsaken
2024-04-12, 06:24 PM
Hmm. The table of applicants certainly didn't have a ton of mages on it.

Plus, Astari will actually be quite tough with the good old Vigor + Psicrystal + Share Pain combo, and she will be summoning frontliners all over the place with her boosted Astral Construct power.

I was just looking at hp lol seemed very magey :smallbiggrin:

3SecondCultist
2024-04-12, 06:43 PM
Looks great, little wary about the K.Devotion, but it seems mostly on theme.

The Knowledge Devotion is there pretty much solely so that Astari can hit anything other than the side of a barn with her crossbow to deliver her poison payloads. Her bonus to hit is a pathetic +8; ideally, if we fight humanoids, dragons, outsiders, or animals that would get bumped up to a more respectable +10 or +11.

I haven't listed the poisons she can make yet (by the scores of cubic foot) or her astral construct blueprints. Those are the real fun. :smallamused:

Esprit15
2024-04-13, 09:54 AM
Mentha Peprit (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=808014) the dread necromancer is ready to go! (You know, hopefully) With taking flaws, I decided to have a little fun with things and make Tomb Tainted Soul actually kinda impactful to her as a character, rather than just be “Oh free Dread Necromancer healing.”

Metastachydium
2024-04-14, 01:30 PM
M NE Changeling Rogue2/Mountebank5/MountebankPrC2

A MOUNTEBANK/MOUNTEBANK! One of my absolute favourite BAD combinations in the game. I loved mine, back in the day.

Stormwrack, I believe

"Pearlsteel is very light, especially in water. Pearlsteel items weigh 25% less than their normal equivalents."

Yep. That's why I took it; it's cheaper on a shield then mithral if I don't want the full package. Plus I like being flashy.

Meanwhile: I was almost done with a character portrait, but then I made the wrong click and it was all lost. It made me said at stopped me dead on my tracks for a bit, but I'm coming back to action WITH HP ROLLS:
[roll0];
[roll1];
[roll2]; and
[roll3];

as well as some Flaw requests for @Bel: can I have
–Implacable (no retreat!!)(no. 328); and
–Beady Eyes (looking weird has been worse, but I'd take it)(also no. 328)?

Metastachydium
2024-04-14, 01:33 PM
Double-posting to reroll those 1s: [roll0]; [roll1]

Burning Spear
2024-04-14, 10:08 PM
I might be interested in this flaw as well, simply because IF my character dies and raises as a full undead (it's a possibility) then he isn't immune to fear, even as an undead, which is imo funny and fitting, as he is trying to keep his humanity.
This also ties in for my further build as I am looking at the Craven feat from (Champions of Ruin, p. 17), and some, perhaps 3 lvl's of Rogue/ 2 lvl's of Fighter, and some prestige..

Auranghzeb
2024-04-15, 04:19 AM
Ok, as mentioned to Bel, though I really like how Thespos came out. I really dont' feel like playing another mystical weirdo. My intention was to make a real coward scumbag completely build around Craven, but that overlaps with Cygnia's absolute beauty of a build.

Instead, I give you Tar "Tight lips" Hagan the CONsigliery of a Criminal overlord who happens to be a Shadow Dragon and Hagan adopted mother and was recently slayed during a law enforcement operation.
Tar is the Strong, Silent Type. Trainied by his dragon adopted mother to be the face of the operation and provide counsel. He rarely acts violently himself, preferring to defer violence to other more dependable (and disposable) glory seeking heroes, he is a shrewd negotiator and always finds the dirt to blackmail figures in position of power. Sometimes creating evidence of hideous crimes.

Hagan is calm and collected, but he is ruthless. He can't stand when people remind him of Jaebrin's origins as jesters.

(Also, a great way to kill time in an airport)

Build A Dragon Fire Adept lvl 8 with a nice smile.

Ok, so he is a straight up Dragon Fire Adept because that class is neat and has little support. I tinkered with a concept with bard levels or sorcerer levels to really take advantage of the Jaebrin's extra charisma and +1 to enchantments.

I Also considered Three levels of Archivist to reflect the fluff of a trained and educated Consigliery (and to prepare Mass Snake Swiftness in ALL my lvl 2 Slots. But everybody and their mother are grabbing Knowledge Devotion and while that stacks with Dark Knowledge, I think it shouldn't...

Then I considered dipping in Totemist to double down on the CON based debuffs (Stun anyone?) but then again, there are two Dread Necro! One of them is a Full Dread Witch!

Questions:
--The feats assume I can delay lvl 5 feat to Lvl 6 to able to grab Extra Invocation
--NOW, If you ruled Eldritch Theurge to work with DFA and with the breath weapon, I'll consider some more cheese and go Ur-Priest 2 Eldritch Theurge 1 for kicks.
--Jaebrin is basically wasted in this build, but I want my guy to look like that.
--However, Jaebrins are immunte to enchantments and can actually bluff to pretend they have been enchanted. I think that matters in this game a loooot. So let me know if you are Ok with it.

Tar "Tigh tlips" Hagan (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2896425)
m NE Jaebrin CONsiglieri, Level 8, Init 1, HP 90/90, DR 2/magic, Speed 30
AC 21, Touch 12, Flat-footed 20, Fort 11, Ref 3, Will 8, Base Attack Bonus 4 /0
Will Sapp DC 19 -4 WILL SAVES 1min Bite +4 (1d3-2, )
+1 leather armor, +1 darkwood buckler (+4 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex, +3 Natural, +1 Misc)
Abilities Str 6, Dex 12, Con 20, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 20
Condition Quiet and watching

Always impeccably dressed in the best silk garments but without affectation or excess, even the distinctive items he wears are carefully placed to deceive senses. Hagan is neither tall nor short, people who meet him often cannot describe him easily and find it very difficult to remember anything he said. He has a steely gaze and subdued manner of interacting with people.

Burning Spear
2024-04-15, 10:29 AM
Mine and you're scrubs, the Teeth Team? lol:smallbiggrin:

Feathersnow
2024-04-15, 01:49 PM
Throwing my hat in the ring, if it isn't too late.

Patience and Fortitude

Character Ready (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2897965)

Race- Dvati (see text)

Alignment- CN

Class- LA1/battle dancer 1/warblade 3/sword sage 3/Master of the Nine 1

Once there was a Necromancer, allegedly from another world, but a lot of things said about her weren't true. What was true was she had twins. Infants, newborn at the time the law caught up with her. Twins that were clearly magical. Born as adept as toddlers, and quickly aging. Their mother was dead, killed by the crown for her many terrible crimes. But her children might be innocent. Or they might be a living anchor for their mother, or worse yet. They couldn't be let free, and no one had the heart to murder them...

So they bide their time, knowing no life but the dungeon. Molded by it. They were women grown before they saw the sun.

Esprit15
2024-04-15, 02:02 PM
I might be interested in this flaw as well, simply because IF my character dies and raises as a full undead (it's a possibility) then he isn't immune to fear, even as an undead, which is imo funny and fitting, as he is trying to keep his humanity.
This also ties in for my further build as I am looking at the Craven feat from (Champions of Ruin, p. 17), and some, perhaps 3 lvl's of Rogue/ 2 lvl's of Fighter, and some prestige..

Do I have your permission to raise you should you die? Because I will make something, I just need to know whether to put you in there or not.

Metastachydium
2024-04-15, 02:24 PM
Race- Dvati (see text)

Dvati, eh? Bold move there! Respect!

Rijn of the Number (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2896344)

Meanwhile, I have mundane equipment as well as all fluff on this side of the full background sorted out and I finally managed to redo that portrait as well:

https://i.ibb.co/2qkhC18/Capture-RN.png

And as a bonus, here's his trusty familar, Bataff the Weasel:

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/5b8d2b12-21e8-4931-8a6d-fb9ecdd60383/dev0s0y-6692446e-cab7-4b7d-9b80-04718a3be00f.png/v1/fill/w_570,h_1280,strp/the_suicide_squad_weasel_png_by_metropolis_hero112 5_dev0s0y-fullview.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI 1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNh NWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMT g4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7 ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTI4MCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzViOGQyYj EyLTIxZTgtNDkzMS04YTZkLWZiOWVjZGQ2MDM4M1wvZGV2MHMw eS02NjkyNDQ2ZS1jYWI3LTRiN2QtOWI4MC0wNDcxOGEzYmUwMG YucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTU3MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46 c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.OXfAueaGMKVyy pNyHORzv4zgEKC9BzMUaB4Kel6t8Fs

Burning Spear
2024-04-15, 03:17 PM
Do I have your permission to raise you should you die? Because I will make something, I just need to know whether to put you in there or not.

Currently there is a 15% chance upon death he will automatically re-appear as a full Vampire.. And in where exactly?

Besides, I'd rather not die, lol.

@ BelGareth,
Will you allow +1 stat items?

The Npc I like to gain in some games, which hasn't happened, in Forgotten Realms has the following stats;
Lord Orgauth; Str 16, Dex 16, Con 15, Int 15, Wis 16, Cha 16, hence I was not emulating, but still, with all my 17's, lol.

BelGareth
2024-04-18, 03:16 PM
Currently there is a 15% chance upon death he will automatically re-appear as a full Vampire.. And in where exactly?

Besides, I'd rather not die, lol.

@ BelGareth,
Will you allow +1 stat items?

The Npc I like to gain in some games, which hasn't happened, in Forgotten Realms has the following stats;
Lord Orgauth; Str 16, Dex 16, Con 15, Int 15, Wis 16, Cha 16, hence I was not emulating, but still, with all my 17's, lol.

No to +1 items.

@EVERYONE: I'll be closing recruitment, and choosing player(s) Monday.

CozJa
2024-04-21, 09:36 AM
Ok, so here's my character (almost) ready to go (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=1986443#)

He is a sword-for-hire, and also a convicted criminal in the kingdom of the Eternal Rose.

BelGareth
2024-04-22, 04:52 PM
The following players are requested to report in to my Discord so I can add you to the Black Dahlia's group:

3SecondCultist
Cygnia
Aurangh
Forsaken
Metastachydium

EDIT: Forsaken, i don't think you are on the server yet?

Forsaken
2024-04-22, 08:47 PM
The following players are requested to report in to my Discord so I can add you to the Black Dahlia's group:

3SecondCultist
Cygnia
Aurangh
Forsaken
Metastachydium

EDIT: Forsaken, i don't think you are on the server yet?
My bad ill pm you my tag.