PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting [GURPS] After The End Re-Recruiting

Shoot Da Moon
2024-04-03, 02:10 PM
My on-going GURPS AtE campaign on this forum would like to see if anyone would like to join as a player.

Our campaign has been going on for a while, but the players will be happy to fill you in on the recent events and what the campaign has been like. It is set in Vermont 2-3 generations after a mega-virus caused the ruin of the Old World.
Hazards include; Mutants, Gangs, Paramilitary, Chemicals/Munitions, Rogue Bots, Disease.

Character Creation: You'll have 200-points (TL 8, up to -50 in Advantages including lowered Attributes and Characteristics, up to 5 Quirks, certain skills are inappropriate for the setting but we'll handle those as they come) to stand equal with the rest of the players. Your starting gear allowance is the same default as the book; $500 worth of stuff, no cashing in points for money. The other player characters can equip your character in play once you're in, so don't worry about that. Use either templates or the cheat sheet in AtE 1.

Inappropriate Skills: Hazardous Materials (Radioactive), Survival (Radioactive Wasteland), no TL 9+ tech skills.
Skiing and Skating ARE appropriate - Vermont is very cold and snowy.

A little rules change (since this is a PbP campaign); as per Powers page 108, certain abilities like Luck and Serendipity that operate on real time will instead use game-time cooldowns.
For Luck advantage, each use per real-time hour instead equals uses per in-game day (i.e. Ridiculous Luck has six uses per day).
Advantages that have uses per session are uses per in-game week instead.

I've instructed other players to come in here to help. Any questions about the setting and the campaign events, we'll be glad to help.

One player comments;

We definitely want someone who can fight and is willing to do so, because we are picking them going to a combat and that is a large part of the game anyway. We also want people who want and can do other stuff, but I am not quite certain what that stuff would realistically be. We have NPCs (Simone, Tariq, Doc) to cover the most essential stuff, but maybe we can use a electronics/radio/computer/gadgeteer guy or an artillery guy (though the later might be a bit non-trivial to explain) or a second scout. I don't see much of use of some other templates. Stepping outside of templates, maybe some expert guy who's much into stuff like area knowledge, current affairs, contacts, etc. We definitely can use that one.