PDA

View Full Version : What does PEACH mean?

TheHalfAasimar
2024-04-10, 09:05 PM
I've been browsing homebrew, and I was wondering, on this forum: what does PEACH mean? I see people use it, but it doesn't make sense.

Deepbluediver
2024-04-10, 09:12 PM
Please Evaluate And Comment Honestly

It's basically a way of saying you are looking for feedback and criticism, thought at this point it's so ubiquitous it's almost an expected social norm, like saying "hello" when you first see someone.

I'm not sure how it got started.

Nuptup
2024-04-10, 09:38 PM
There was an old thread about it that explained it, but the GIST of it was that back on the official WotC forums, some people posted homebrew and were very, very hostile to getting feedback and caused issues, so the people that DID want feedback started putting PEACH on their posts to signify that they specifically DO want feedback, and aren't just sharing homebrew content that they don't want input on.

Mainly it's just a way for people to note that they are actively searching for feedback and want honest criticisms.

Maat Mons
2024-04-10, 10:14 PM
I always thought the C stood for "Critique," not "Comment," but otherwise I echo what others have said.

Bohandas
2024-04-11, 02:19 AM
I thought the E stood for "examine"

Although, in any case, the alternate interpretations of the C and the E don't change the overall meaning of the phras4.

Now that I think of it, it would probably be useful if we had a stickied acronym key

Rynjin
2024-04-11, 02:51 AM
Likewise I always heard it as Please Examine and Critique Honestly, but either way the meaning is the same.

TheHalfAasimar
2024-04-11, 07:15 AM
Wow, thanks! This helped a lot!

brian 333
2024-04-19, 03:23 PM
Now that I think of it, it would probably be useful if we had a stickied acronym key

Which we would call our StAK thread.

The thread explaining that would be our SubStAK thread.

Nuptup
2024-04-19, 03:26 PM
There actually is an acronym key somewhere on the forums, but if doesn't include PEACH, so maybe getting that added wouldn't be a bad idea lol.

KingJames
2024-04-24, 09:47 PM
Please Examine and Critique Honestly

P.E.A.C.H

glass
2024-05-03, 08:34 AM
I always thought the C stood for "Critique," not "Comment," but otherwise I echo what others have said.Ditto.

*Characters for the character god*