PDA

View Full Version : Shared Utility Powers List

Garfunion
2024-04-16, 07:46 PM
With my attempt to incorporate smaller numbers and the bounded accuracy system, many powers may have to be removed and or changed. Because of this there will be fewer powers so, I’m wondering if it would be best to have each power source share a utilities power list. Would this greatly reduce the uniqueness of each class?

Kurald Galain
2024-04-17, 12:47 AM
Well, for most classes, most utility powers are very much combat-based and there's not really a lot of variety in there. So for most classes, no it wouldn't.

However for the wizard in particular, yes it would. Probably one or two other classes also, but particularly the wizard.

Duff
2024-04-17, 03:57 AM
There was an awful lot of powers in 4th ed that were almost the same but not. I would say having utilities be mostly unique to sources would be a plus more than a minus.
Your fighter, my rogue and their barbarian having almost identical powers seems less interesting than them having a power that's distinctly different to ours.

And more efficient. Much quicker to write (Or rebalance) 4 sets of powers than [However many classes there were]