PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting The Indigo Syndicate [Pathfinder 1e]

IRollTwenties
2024-04-19, 08:30 PM
Explorer's at the edges of the unknown...

The Indigo Syndicate

The Indigo Syndicate is a secretive confederation of like-minded adventurers that hold a curiosity for the unknown. The loose organization is a helmed by a council of High Investigators, each of which has a cadre of agents who work for them. These often mysterious individuals all strive towards their own aims but participate in a sharing of knowledge about the occult and obscure. One thing holds them together, the Indigo Accords. This contract binds the High Investigators towards ensured cooperation, shared defense, and the equal dissemination of all knowledge gained during cases carried about by The Indigo Syndicate. Members are active in Varisia, Cheliax, and Ustalav mostly, but the aims of the Syndicate are far-reaching and many a mission to more exotic places have been conducted in the past.

You are all members of the Syndicate, and you work directly under your handler, Special Agent Koros Velheart. Velheart is a middle-aged human man, a powerful spell-caster, and a devout worshipper of Nethys. While stern, he is kind-hearted to the core and has guided you through your first few cases working for the Syndicate. Nothing too treacherous yet, with forays into long-forgotten dungeons seeking ancient relics being the norm. As members of the Indigo Syndicate you are granted cases to complete. Once a case is closed compensation is awarded and those who close the most cases, or uncover knowledge particularly obscure or useful to the council, are granted opportunities for promotion. Operating for the Syndicate is a discreet matter and most contracts they take and cases they work are strictly classified. Any and all knowledge of the Syndicate's undertakings is privileged information between Indigo Syndicate agents and those who would purchase their services.

Five days ago, in a secret meeting in Magnimar, Koros gave you your latest case. Case No. 326 has your group traveling North East from Magnimar to a remote, rural village known as Ravenmoor. The client, Jeminda Anikee has lost her brother-in-law Elias Kyle, after a recent trip there. Elias Kyle works as a tax-collector for Magnimar. Jeminda as a book-keeper for the government. She sent her kin to collect back taxes from the villagers there but the man hasn't been seen or heard from since. That was twelve days ago now. While not a typical mission for the Syndicate, Koros seems compelled to help Jeminda and has sent you there in search of him. Gifted heavy horses by your handler, the trip has been long and arduous but you have set off from morning camp toward the village and by all estimations you should arrive there by noon.

Case no. 236: The Feast of Ravenmoor
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71JXKEui7FL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Hey folks, I'm recruiting for a new PbP game where the characters are members of a secret organization who work as paranormal investigators! I'll be running them through a number of premade modules with a bit of homebrew sprinkled in to make the over-arching story connect. Think X-Files meets a DnD mercenary company in Golarion. I'm looking for four players and will be hosting the game on these forums. All the rules for making your PC are in the big 16 below and I'm looking forward to finding some interested players!

1. What game system are you running?

Pathfinder 1E.

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be? What is the setting for the game?

Golarion, paranormal, investigation game

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

Four players. I'll consider alternates.

4. What's the gaming medium?

Play-by-post, right here in the Playground.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

PCs will start at 3rd level.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

You gain max starting wealth for you class. Once I pick the PC's I'll award each with some magical gear through a combination or randomized rolls and things that make sense for your build and bring the total up to the wealth by leve. I find this makes PC's who start after level 1 feel more organic as an adventuring party than letting PC's custom tailor their loot.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

All 1st party paizo classes are acceptable. I'd love to see at least one Investigator or psychic spellcasting character but it isn't a requirement by any means.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

Core Races and Featured Races.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

20 point buy.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

Alignment is in use. You can pick whatever alignment makes sense for your character. However, being disruptive to the party or the Syndicate as a whole wont be tolerated.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

Yes you can use the normal rules for multi-classing and variant multi-classing

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

Players will roll for all the usual rolls (attacks, saves, CL checks, etc.) using the Playground dice roller.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

Players select 2 traits (the setting specific prerequisites of any traits must be met, no campaign traits.) Background skills are in use. The Sanity (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/sanity/) rules are in effect.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how long? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

At least a few paragraphs about your character are required. I'd like to get to know about them to pick an interesting group to DM for.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

A mix.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

1st party paizo material within the above restrictions is fair play.

Player
Character
Class

Feathersnow
Reeva (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2899238)
Wizard (Spellslinger)

Starbuck_II
Lycoris Azata (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2899649)
Mesmerist

Qazgir
Aleister Orania (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2900766#)
Occultist (Psychodermist)

razorfloss
Orion StarBorn (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2900858)
Hunter (Forester) / VMC Barbarian

Armonia13
William Desmond Syfer the Third (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2900808)
Bard (Chronicler of Worlds / Studious Librarian)

ProgressPaladin
Archer Glenshire (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2899250)
Investigator (Empiricist)

Yas392
Cyclo (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2903376)
Oracle (Seer)

namo
Niji (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2903056)
Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade)/Oracle (Dual-Cursed)/Mesmerist (Chart Caster)

ProgressPaladin
2024-04-19, 10:15 PM
I already wanted to play an investigator, and this shows up! My lucky day!

Feathersnow
2024-04-19, 10:35 PM
I have an idea- a troubleshooter for the society, a dhampir raised by the heroes who killed her father, who was a vetala vampire. She is childish, seemingly neurodivergent, and deadly with both spells and a gun...

Meet Reeva (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2899238)

I can add more to her story and I still need skills and traits.

tonberryking
2024-04-19, 11:40 PM
Unchained, or standard versions of classes?

Infernally Clay
2024-04-20, 09:18 AM
I've never played a Psychic before but I'm up for giving it a go. Probably with the Superiority discipline just because it sounds amusing to play someone that seems to be so full of themselves yet their powers are tied directly to how confident they are in their own ability to succeed.

razorfloss
2024-04-20, 08:27 PM
Would like to post interest as a Feral or Forester Hunter or a Menhir Gurdian monk. Race wise I'm thinking of going one of the Skinwalkers.

IRollTwenties
2024-04-20, 10:10 PM
@tonberryking

Unchained.

@InfernallyClay

Sounds interesting. I like that discipline.

@razorfloss

I wasn't originally going to allow Skinwalkers. I'll say it depends on what it is you're trying to accomplish, and how thematic the character is for the game. Can you tell me more about what you're planning concept wise?

@ProgressPaladin

Great timing! They're both thematic and useful for this style of campaign.

@Feathersnow

Gun wizard. Cool! Can't wait to see the final product.

I'm glad people are vibing with the campaign idea. Feel free to hit me up with any questions you might have.

razorfloss
2024-04-20, 11:12 PM
I was going for a person who was born with Entothroppy(wereinsect) but has absolutely no idea what's going on with it as it doesn't match any known lycanthropy strains. they joined the society as a way to find out what's wrong with them Also known as I really want to play a were insect. I was going to flavor the various Skinwalkers as different insect breeds.

Starbuck_II
2024-04-21, 01:58 AM
I was thinking a Mesmerist Gnome (he thinks he is a dragon, with Mindwyrm and Umbral archetypes).

As a dragon, he naturally loves helping the syndicate collect rare items and information.

Do we roll for health or take max?

I took Max Heatlth till I know for sure. If I need to roll, let me know

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2899649

Still figuring out gear

Qazgir
2024-04-22, 11:26 PM
Always interested in an opportunity to play an Occultist, thinking either Extraneous Channeler or Psychodermist. Trappings of the Warrior melee fighter/anti-caster, likely a half-elf.

Character concept: I'm thinking a former soldier turned adventurer who is an avid collector of occult artifacts, maybe add in some personal goal/conflict in there, but I'm liking the idea of just being a syndicate purist just in it for the accumulation and dissemination of knowledge.

In4Dimensions
2024-04-23, 03:05 AM
Posting interest. Not sure what I'll roll up quite yet, but I'll have something written up in a day or two.

Greenflame133
2024-04-23, 06:17 AM
I'm thinking about playing a rogue, with Occultist Skill Unlocks to lean into the vibe of the campaign.

Or perhaps I should play as marefolk magus using a floating disc for mobility? Or is that too wacky for the tone of the camping?

razorfloss
2024-04-24, 03:53 AM
I'm also open to playing an eldritch scoundrel rouge. Thinking of making him a drop out from wizard school

3SecondCultist
2024-04-24, 09:31 AM
Hi there, I was looking to play as a kind of promethean figure that combines aspects of both Dr. Frankenstein and his Monster. The idea was either a Skinwalker (Ragebred, the boar variant) or Scaleheart (the crocodilian kind) who has been experimenting with strange draughts and tinctures to try and become fully human... only for their extracts to have the opposite effect.

The build would be Skinwalker Alchemist 3, with the Beastmorph and Vivisectionist archetypes for the class. They would fit into the 'formerly a case patient who has become an investigator of the strange and the monstrous', someone who can study oddities but can also protect the rest of the team from enemies should the need arise. The Hulk of the group, so to speak.

Qazgir
2024-04-24, 02:06 PM
Two questions as I get to work on the character:

1: Given that you'll be semi-randomly giving us loot, should we avoid specializing in a specific kind of weapon? I'm considering grabbing an exotic weapon proficiency, but don't want to end up messing up your plans for gear.

2: How prominent should we expect Sanity to be? It's not a subsystem I've used so I'm not sure how much I need to be prepared for it.

IRollTwenties
2024-04-24, 07:01 PM
Hey guys, sorry for the delay. The forum has been running very slow for me recently (sometimes not at all.) Now that it's cooperating I'll get to your questions.

@razorfloss

So, I wasn't initially allowing Skinwalkers but decided it was thematic enough to make an exception. That said, I feel like re-skinning them as wereinsects might be a little much, and honestly might conflict with the first adventure a little. I'd prefer that you stick to the original flavor of the skinwalker race.

Either class is fine. Play whatever you'll have the most fun with.

@Starbuck_II

We're using high average HP for all levels after 1st. I'll adjust the 16 to reflect that. I'm finding your sheet difficult to read. You have racial traits mixed with class abilities and then more racial traits after some class abilities but before other class abilities. If you could maybe section them all off together, it would make my life a lot easier, heh. I'm assuming your feats are Intimidating Glare and Reflexive Trick but I can't find any feats on the SRD called Intimidating Glare. Intimidating Glare is a rage power and it doesn't do what you have written down :smallconfused:

Your background also has the characters name as Gnoman but under name at the top it says Lycoris Azata.

@Qazgir

Cool, Occultist is definitely very thematic for this game. If you take weapon prof or weapon focus etc. in a specific type of weapon I'll do what I can to accommodate that. I'm not gonna give the archer specced fighter a +1 longspear, for example.

You can expect sanity to come into play at least once per adventure.

@Greenflame133

Definitely too whacky. This isn't an aquatic campaign by any stretch and merefolk aren't a core or featured race.

@3SecondCultist

Sounds interesting. I'm eager to see more.

I'm glad to see interest and sheet trickling in. I'll leave recruitment open for a while longer until we get some more completed submissions. Hopefully not too long as I'm eager to start playing.

Starbuck_II
2024-04-24, 10:33 PM
https://www.aonprd.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Intimidating%20Glance

I meant Glance lol
Good catch

Sorry, about background before I decided my charactres name I went with just gnome. I forgot to fix that.
There now it's part of his backstory that he used to be Gnoman.

Okay, I organized my stuff

Yes, only two feats byt level 3

Qazgir
2024-04-25, 12:02 AM
Here (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2900766#) is Aleister Orania's WIP sheet. Its still missing a lot of stuff: gear, modifiers, a written down backstory, but this should given an idea of where I'm going with her mechanically.

Armonia13
2024-04-25, 01:51 AM
It's been awhile since I've character crafted, I think I'll give this a go. I was initially thinking of going Archivist Bard, but randomly came across the Chronicler of Worlds (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard/archetypes/paizo-bard-archetypes/chronicler-of-worlds-bard-archetype/) archetype, which seems perfect for this campaign. I'll get a sheet together soon!

Edit: Having a debate with myself over something I want, figure I should ask to see if it's even allowed. Will you allow the Well-Provisioned Adventurer equipment trait? It a trait the replaces your starting gold to receive a bundle that's worth 1000gp. I specifically want the Lore Seeker package. If it would mess with your WBL plan, I don't want to take it(because I think that's a really fun idea).

Lore Seeker Package
The lore seeker has the equipment necessary to delve into ancient ruins searching for lost knowledge. As this equipment package contains little by way of armor or weapons, it is most appropriate for alchemists, bards, monks, sorcerers, and wizards. If the PC can cast spells, add a spell component pouch and a holy symbol (if required).

Weapons: Light crossbow with 10 bolts, quarterstaff, silver dagger.

Combat Gear: Alchemist’s fire (3), antitoxin, oil of erase, potions of cure light wounds (2), potion of protection from evil, tanglefoot bag, thunderstone.

Other Gear: Backpack, bedroll, belt pouch, candles (5), chalk (5 pieces), compass, crowbar, everburning torch, flint and steel, grappling hook, ink, inkpens (2), journals (2), magnifying glass, mapmaker’s kit, mess kit, sack, signal whistle, silk rope (50 ft.), trail rations (5 days), traveler’s any-tool, waterskin, 8 gp.

Total Weight: 44 lbs. (27-3/4 lbs. for a Small character).

razorfloss
2024-04-25, 11:23 AM
Heres the WIP of Orion Bearstride (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2900858) he's going to be a Natural attacker possibly going to be vmc barbarin to pull of the raging lycanthrope stick.

Edit: I just realized that I made Sheriff Bravestarr and I'm now going lean into it because that's hilarious

Farmerbink
2024-04-25, 01:38 PM
So I've got a fun scheme in mind, if you're amenable.

Personality wise, I'm thinking something of a hyper-staunch realist. Whatever the nuts and bolts end up being, this guy is going to be either brilliant and firmly convinced of the "normalness" of everything, or so blind to the occult that it perhaps inexplicably has less of a grasp on him.

I haven't settled on whether I think the empiricist investigator who is so convinced everything has a "normal" explanation that he feels borderline duty-bound to "explain to these poor back-woods hicks how things really work" or a "heavily-instinctive barbarian/bloodrager with stuff like superstitious and the quasi-genetic ability to punch magical things so hard they stop being magical" would be more fun and/or suitable. Could go either way, really.

At any rate, I'll do a bit of skimming of past submissions and let my thoughts tumble about. Usually a day or two is enough to formulate a cohesive build idea. XD

Speaking of which, do you have a deadline in mind?

Kaworu
2024-04-25, 04:26 PM
Are you open for new interests? ;-) And what kinda characters do you need? :-P

Also, is the book about Cthulhu Mythos for Pathfinder - it was 3rd party, I think? - allowed?

Triskavanski
2024-04-25, 05:32 PM
I've got a bit of an idea for this one, if you'd allow for a Kitsune Vigilante.

ProgressPaladin
2024-04-25, 08:59 PM
I was wondering, might we be able to use the elephant in the room feat rules?

Qazgir
2024-04-25, 11:48 PM
Ok, here (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2900766#) is Aleister Orania's finished* sheet. Will get down the backstory tomorrow. Also, in an above comment you said we would use "high average hp" for determining our HP, which I've assumed to mean average rounded up, if thats wrong, just let me know and I'll change it.

*I still need to select 1 spell, but I'm not sure what it should be yet. I also haven't settled on alignment yet, thinking something Lawful, but not sure what yet.

tonberryking
2024-04-28, 01:43 PM
The idea I initially had kinda got away from me, but can I submit a gnoll? It's standard race but it's barely 6RP so can't hurt to ask?

IRollTwenties
2024-04-29, 03:56 PM
Hey guys. Sorry for the delay. Bad flu going around where I'm at :smallmad:

@Starbuck_II

Ah, ok. That makes more sense now :smallbiggrin:

@Qazgir

Sheet looks good so far. Messed up the base attack bonus though, occultists use 3/4 base attack like a cleric. Yup, average rounding up for HP.

@Armonia13

I'd prefer you not take that trait. It increases your starting wealth with a bunch of things that are mostly consumables and would have been at least partially depleted by level 3. I feel like it does kinda mess with the starting gold plan I have in mind. Besides, there's likely a different trait that would give you more long term benefit :smallsmile:

@razorfloss

Sheet says you're ragebred (wereboar) but you have calm animals (bear's only.) Think something's getting lost in translation. Also, not sure how you have so many feats listed. You should only have 1 feat from first level, and you give up your 3rd level feat as a VMC barbarian but you have Aspect of the Beast, Extra Feature, and Outflank all listed as feats.

@Farmerbink

There's no deadline in mind yet. Things have been hectic on my end with the forum not responding and now getting over my illness. Once there's at least a couple completed sheet I'll consider a more firm cut off time.

@Kaworu

We are still open to new interest. The big 16 talks about what characters are available but my best suggestion is to play what you like. There is no 3rd party material allowed.

@Triskavanski

Sorry, no kitsune.

@ProgressPaladin

No, using the standard rules.

@tonberryking

I'm trying to avoid overtly monsterous races. When you're working as secret agents it's important to blend in. Why do you want to play a gnoll?

tonberryking
2024-04-29, 04:26 PM
Uhhh...

You wouldn't have liked my original idea much then, but... Honestly my gnoll idea seemed really good at the time; she was a young adult monk who'd been trained by someone with the intent of using her as a pit fighter, but all the discipline and focus she put into it made her far more aware of the world and she broke off from them in disgust since realizing her entire adulthood had been planned around making someone else money.

She would have been a "much smarter than she looks" type who would pose as a dumb goon, and or take attention away from the other agents but I digress... How much time do we have to finish an idea at all? I will try to come up with something better suited.

Armonia13
2024-04-29, 04:48 PM
@Armonia13

I'd prefer you not take that trait. It increases your starting wealth with a bunch of things that are mostly consumables and would have been at least partially depleted by level 3. I feel like it does kinda mess with the starting gold plan I have in mind. Besides, there's likely a different trait that would give you more long term benefit :smallsmile:

Fine with me. If I could remember the one that helps with sanity damage, I'd be golden. For now, I'll take Mystery Initiate for the free Knowledge reroll.

Here's my sheet for William Desmond Syfer the Third (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2900808). A Legacy member of the Indigo Syndicate, he reluctantly goes on these missions in the hope of one day being promoted to work in the Grand Archive(or whatever the central hub for all of the knowledge gathered by the Indigo Syndicate is). His specialities lie in languages, deciphering code, and forgery.

He just needs his fluff filled out and a few small decisions regarding his spells and scrolls. Let me know if I missed anything else please!

razorfloss
2024-04-29, 07:44 PM
Forester hunter gets a bonus feat at lvl 2 and outflank comes from hunter bouns teamwork feat at lvl 3

Qazgir
2024-04-29, 09:17 PM
Here's the backstory, it really fought me. I don't love it but if I don't actually say its done I'll never finish it.

Aleister Oraina was born in Cassomir, the second daughter of a elven man and Kele****e woman. Being a Kele****e, she greatly struggled to fit in with other children, learning early on to keep her head down and avoid attention. Her brother, Samin, was a constant trouble maker, and often dragged her into his schemes. While she disliked the attention this brought her, she also appreciated it, as it got her out from her mother’s watchful eye.

With the burden of continuing the family business, trading, fell upon her older sister, Aleister was mostly left to her own devices when it came to making a future for herself. Unfortunately, before she could complete her schooling, her mother and sister were killed when their caravan was attacked by bandits in the Blackwood Swamp. Unable to deal with the loss, her father abandoned Aleister and Samin, leaving them to fend for themselves in Cassomir. Needing to make a living to help provide for herself and Samin, Aleister left school and joined the Taldan Phalanx, hoping to leverage her natural strength and wits into a successful career and a means of seeing the world beyond Cassomir. Unfortunately, rather than going off to skirmish with the Qadirans, she was assigned to guard caravans traveling through the Blackwood Swamp.

After a few years of guarding caravans, she struck up a friendship with one of the merchants, Petra Russala, as they would often talk of the manuscript and artifacts Petra trafficked in. After helping to successfully defending Petra’s caravan from a bandit attack using the psychic magic she had slowly begun to master, Petra asked Aleister to accompany them on an expedition searching for the Azlanti ruins rumored to be beneath the Blackwood Swamp. Although they didn’t find anything more than previous groups, Petra decided Aleister would make a good member of the group they were a member of, the Indigo Syndicate, seeing as Petra’s muscle until she was deemed able to work on her own.

Aleister, seeing the Syndicate as an opportunity to provide more money for herself and her brother, as well as to nourish her curiosity and wish to see the world, accepted the offer. She worked for Petra for several years, until she was passed off to Koros Velheart, to work as a full agent in her own right.

Sheet looks good so far. Messed up the base attack bonus though, occultists use 3/4 base attack like a cleric. Yup, average rounding up for HP.

The full BaB comes from the Trappings of the Warrior.

ETA: Sheet (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2900766#)

IRollTwenties
2024-04-29, 10:08 PM
Forester hunter gets a bonus feat at lvl 2 and outflank comes from hunter bouns teamwork feat at lvl 3

Ah, ok. So Outflank is good but Forester gives a bonus Combat feat but Extra Feature nor Aspect of The Beast are Combat feats.

ProgressPaladin
2024-04-30, 08:13 AM
I believe my sheet is ready! Feel free to point out Andy aspects I got wrong. I am still working on the backstory, as I am very new to the lore of Golarion.

Triskavanski
2024-04-30, 10:01 AM
Well dang. Was going to be a fully slippy dippy fox who could do all kinds of sneaking around, a secret agent who'd be able to blend in anywhere and everywhere.

Feathersnow
2024-04-30, 10:51 AM
Okay. I have done Reeva's traits and skills. Let me know if you want more background. I haven't touched gear yet, as I understand you meant to do that in a special way.

IRollTwenties
2024-04-30, 12:25 PM
@ProgressPaladin

I don't seem to have a link to your sheet.

@Triskavanski

Feel free to play something else if you'd like.

@Feathersnow

So you should spend your starting gold. I'm going to get the PC's up to a WBL for level three, but you should still spend whatever starting gold you have as you would a 1st level character. Yes, character background is required. If you could write it down on your sheet that would be best.

I added submitted sheets to the original post, I'll update that as needed. Since we have a decent number of sheets I'll say that the deadline for submitting is Monday the 6th. So, if you want in have a finished sheet submitted by then, please.

ProgressPaladin
2024-04-30, 01:40 PM
Sorry about that! My mistake. Here is the link: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2899250

razorfloss
2024-04-30, 04:10 PM
Ah, ok. So Outflank is good but Forester gives a bonus Combat feat but Extra Feature nor Aspect of The Beast are Combat feats.

Oh you are enforcing that no problem. My play group just treated it as a regular feat. I'll probably be changing extra feature to power attack then.

ProgressPaladin
2024-05-02, 02:03 PM
Finished my backstory:
Born to a wealthy family of Magnimarian merchants, Archer Glenshire had a above standard upbringing. A curious child, he sought out all the books and knowledge he could find. By one he was reading. By the age of five, he knew more than most adults. Finding comfort in the knowledge that he knew, Archer wanted to know more. He started seeking out knowledge, organizations, and great libraries. During his travels, he met Kori’s Velheart. Learning of the Indigo Syndicate, Archer immediately joined. With this new resource in his search, he started setting off on missions.
At first it was just ruins here or there, and dungeons a few times. Yet Archer was very excited with each of these, taking notes, and taking in the knowledge each time. His knowledge came into play a lot, identifying each creature they came across, but not able to contribute much in combat otherwise. Each mission they went on, Archer got more experience, more knowledge, and better at combat. When he found out they were going to Ravenmoor, and heard of the mission plan, he was suspicious. This was not the usual mission. But he still went. He hopes it was not a mistake.

Not that happy with it, but I wanted to finish before the deadline.

IRollTwenties
2024-05-02, 02:27 PM
Sorry about that! My mistake. Here is the link: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2899250

Ok, I've added your sheet to the table. Just checking in to let you know that you need an Alchemy Crafting Kit in order to prepare extracts. Also, you're currently in your medium load and with the alchemy crafting kit you'd be in your heavy load for carry capacity. At higher levels, when you have gear to offset carrying capacity it's not a big deal, but at early levels that 5 strength is really gonna bite ya in the butt. I'd suggest something like ant haul as one of your extracts to counteract it for it now, but carrying around the tent would still have you in a medium load. It's the price of dump statting so hard :smallbiggrin:

ProgressPaladin
2024-05-02, 03:04 PM
Ok, I've added your sheet to the table. Just checking in to let you know that you need an Alchemy Crafting Kit in order to prepare extracts. Also, you're currently in your medium load and with the alchemy crafting kit you'd be in your heavy load for carry capacity. At higher levels, when you have gear to offset carrying capacity it's not a big deal, but at early levels that 5 strength is really gonna bite ya in the butt. I'd suggest something like ant haul as one of your extracts to counteract it for it now, but carrying around the tent would still have you in a medium load. It's the price of dump statting so hard :smallbiggrin:

Ah. I will recalculate my ability scores.

ProgressPaladin
2024-05-02, 03:25 PM
OK, had to sacrifice some AC and comfort, but I got a light load.

Feathersnow
2024-05-02, 04:00 PM
Finished skills and starting gear for Reeva

Here's an expanded backstory:

Once, years ago, a strange and unholy beast came into territory near the Indigo Syndicate. It attracted a cult of young women that it compelled to fight to the death to protect it, and its predation on others made conflict inevitable.

When the battle was done, many mind-controlled victims were dead, as was the Vetala. One of the cultists, however was both still alive and bearing a child of the beast. While she was being held for observation she gave birth. She rejected the child and the Indigo Syndicate took it in out of pity.

Reeva was born with the physical coordination of a toddler and grew unnaturally fast. This led her to be sort of a mascot if the group. She secretly taught herself to read and learned to be a wizard, with an eclectic variation that uses the gun the Syndicate let her learn to use.

Now she is a full member, but she knew no other life and has no higher loyalty.

namo
2024-05-02, 04:49 PM
- I haven't seen it asked yet: is it allowed to take a Drawback in exchange for a 3rd trait?

- When multiclassing, do we add up saves and BAB as normal, or are we using fractional saves/BAB?

IRollTwenties
2024-05-02, 04:56 PM
- I haven't seen it asked yet: is it allowed to take a Drawback in exchange for a 3rd trait?

- When multiclassing, do we add up saves and BAB as normal, or are we using fractional saves/BAB?

1 - No, just 2 traits. If you want more traits you can take the extra traits feat.

2 - You can use fractional saves/BAB.

razorfloss
2024-05-02, 07:22 PM
Orion is now done. I'll be adding backstory sometime this week.

namo
2024-05-03, 10:25 AM
No Background skills, by the way?

Niji (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2903056), Aasimar "Rainbow warrior" (multiclass Swashbuckler/Oracle/Mesmerist) would like to join this mission!

(Note that the multiclassing will end here; I'll continue with Mesmerist levels afterwards.)

Calculations are detailed at the bottom of the sheet.

IRollTwenties
2024-05-03, 02:59 PM
No Background skills, by the way?

Niji (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2903056), Aasimar "Rainbow warrior" (multiclass Swashbuckler/Oracle/Mesmerist) would like to join this mission!

(Note that the multiclassing will end here; I'll continue with Mesmerist levels afterwards.)

As per #13 of the big 16 we are using background skills and the sanity rules.

namo
2024-05-03, 03:19 PM
My bad. I swear I read it 3 times, and still missed it; now added to the sheet.

The sanity metrics were already present.

Yas392
2024-05-04, 11:10 AM
Going classic Hellenistic oracle. Cyclo's sheet is here (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2903376).

IRollTwenties
2024-05-04, 07:52 PM
Going classic Hellenistic oracle. Cyclo's sheet is here (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2903376).

Ok, I added your sheet to the table.

Just another reminder to everyone looking to be considered for the game, you have until Monday May 6th to have a completed sheet presented. Recruitment is still open until then if there's any late comers who want to join up.

namo
2024-05-05, 03:05 AM

I believe you missed my submission. :smallsmile:

IRollTwenties
2024-05-05, 11:20 AM
I believe you missed my submission. :smallsmile:

Thanks. I looked over the sheet, just forgot to add it to the table.

IRollTwenties
2024-05-05, 12:52 PM
Ok everybody, we're almost there with only one day left before character selections. That said, there's quite a few nearly completed sheets that are submitted. Most of the nearly completed ones are missing backstory info. I'll need to have some sort of backstory or blurb about your character to get a feel for whether they fit in with the setting, will be a good fit for the group, and are suitable for the feel of the game. Without that I can't make an informed decision about your character. If you see your name below it means you still need to add the backstory of your character onto their sheet. Please do, because I don't want to see anyone get left behind because they didn't get their background info put down in time. If you have backstory info for your character and it isn't on the sheet, please add it to the sheet. I'll need it there if I ever need to go back and reference anything, and it makes my life in selecting applicants way easier than scouring the thread looking for old posts trying to find it :smallsmile:

Needs Background info on sheet: Feathersnow, Razorfloss, Armonia13, ProgressPaladin.

If these aren't finished by tomorrow, we still have a default group of four since there's four completed sheets.

razorfloss
2024-05-05, 03:50 PM
Heres Turok(Sorry i change names like it's no one's business until i find one that fits) Starborns Backstory

Toruk Starborn hails from the Shriikirri-Quah, the Hawk Clan of the Shoanti people, born beneath the wide-open skies of Varisia on a Night of filled with countless stars. So filled in fact that it was thought to be a blessing from Pulura and Desna to bless Toruk's birth and granted him his name. From a young age, Toruk showed an innate connection to the wild and an unyielding spirit that matched the untamed beauty of his homeland.
Raised amidst the rugged wilderness of Varisia, Kaela learned the ways of his people from the elders of his clan. Trained in the art of survival, he quickly became a skilled hunter and scout, able to navigate the treacherous terrain with ease and bring down prey with deadly accuracy.

But it was Tourk's fiery spirit that truly set him apart. Quick to anger and fiercely protective of the clan, he possessed a primal strength that seemed to surge through his veins like a raging river. This untamed energy drew the attention of the spirits of the land, who whispered secrets of the ancient ways to him in the wind. These secrets awakened the genes of a long dead lycanthropic ancestor that blessed him with immense power but left him changed forever.

As Tourk matured, his connection to the spirits only grew stronger, until he could call upon their power and his new lycanthropic form at will, channeling the primal forces of the natural world to enhance his skills. But with this power came a price – a wild, untamed fury that burned within like a wildfire, threatening to consume everything in its path if left unchecked.
To harness this inner turmoil, Tourk turned to the traditions of his people, seeking guidance from the elders of the clan. Under their tutelage, he learned to embrace his inner rage, channeling it in battle to become a fearsome warrior capable of striking down his enemies with the fury of a raging boar.
Now, armed with claws, hooves and everything in-between and fueled by primal rage, he sets out on a journey to protect his clan and homeland from the dangers that lurk in the wilds of Varisia and hopefully some allies in the process.

IRollTwenties
2024-05-05, 03:54 PM
Heres Turok(Sorry i change names like it's no one's business until i find one that fits) Starborns Backstory

Toruk Starborn hails from the Shriikirri-Quah, the Hawk Clan of the Shoanti people, born beneath the wide-open skies of Varisia on a Night of filled with countless stars. From a young age, Toruk showed an innate connection to the wild and an unyielding spirit that matched the untamed beauty of his homeland.
Raised amidst the rugged wilderness of Varisia, Kaela learned the ways of his people from the elders of his clan. Trained in the art of survival, he quickly became a skilled hunter and scout, able to navigate the treacherous terrain with ease and bring down prey with deadly accuracy.

But it was Tourk's fiery spirit that truly set him apart. Quick to anger and fiercely protective of the clan, he possessed a primal strength that seemed to surge through his veins like a raging river. This untamed energy drew the attention of the spirits of the land, who whispered secrets of the ancient ways to him in the wind. These secrets awakened the genes of a long dead lycanthropic ancestor that blessed him with immense power but left him changed forever.

As Tourk matured, his connection to the spirits only grew stronger, until he could call upon their power and his new lycanthropic form at will, channeling the primal forces of the natural world to enhance his skills. But with this power came a price – a wild, untamed fury that burned within like a wildfire, threatening to consume everything in its path if left unchecked.
To harness this inner turmoil, Tourk turned to the traditions of his people, seeking guidance from the elders of the clan. Under their tutelage, he learned to embrace his inner rage, channeling it in battle to become a fearsome warrior capable of striking down his enemies with the fury of a raging boar.
Now, armed with claws, hooves and everything in-between and fueled by primal rage, he sets out on a journey to protect his clan and homeland from the dangers that lurk in the wilds of Varisia and hopefully some allies in the process.

Great, please put it on your sheet for future reference :smallbiggrin:

ProgressPaladin
2024-05-05, 05:19 PM
Finished my backstory:
Born to a wealthy family of Magnimarian merchants, Archer Glenshire had a above standard upbringing. A curious child, he sought out all the books and knowledge he could find. By one he was reading. By the age of five, he knew more than most adults. Finding comfort in the knowledge that he knew, Archer wanted to know more. He started seeking out knowledge, organizations, and great libraries. During his travels, he met Kori’s Velheart. Learning of the Indigo Syndicate, Archer immediately joined. With this new resource in his search, he started setting off on missions.
At first it was just ruins here or there, and dungeons a few times. Yet Archer was very excited with each of these, taking notes, and taking in the knowledge each time. His knowledge came into play a lot, identifying each creature they came across, but not able to contribute much in combat otherwise. Each mission they went on, Archer got more experience, more knowledge, and better at combat. When he found out they were going to Ravenmoor, and heard of the mission plan, he was suspicious. This was not the usual mission. But he still went. He hopes it was not a mistake.

Not that happy with it, but I wanted to finish before the deadline.

I believe I did?

Feathersnow
2024-05-05, 05:46 PM
And... done. Sorry I forgot to copy that over. I also added very brief personality and description comments.

IRollTwenties
2024-05-05, 06:46 PM
I believe I did?

Very strange. Was not showing for me this morning. :smallconfused:

It's there now though.

Shiro_Nogard
2024-05-06, 02:54 AM
Still open for more? Have an idea for a full oracle.

Yas392
2024-05-06, 03:04 AM
Fluff done. Just need picture.

EDIT: Appearance and picture done.

razorfloss
2024-05-06, 03:10 AM
Still open for more? Have an idea for a full oracle.

selection is tomorrow so if you can get a sheet done in a few hours you have a chance

Triskavanski
2024-05-06, 10:19 AM
I put Mitternatch together in herolab.

A bit missing from the sheet's background is that Metternich is trying to figure out who put him in the stasis pod, and about his nearly natural shapeshifting abilities.

https://imgur.com/a/vWL1zIs
https://i.imgur.com/bGIFm2v.png
https://i.imgur.com/BEr3TK9.png

IRollTwenties
2024-05-06, 09:12 PM
Alright folks, did some thinking it over and came up with the following group. They seem to gel together nicely from the proposed characters. Thanks to everyone who showed interest and if any spots come up in the future I'll be sure to hit you up.

Indigo Agents
namo - Niji
ProgressPaladin - Archer Glenshire
qazgir - Aleister Orania
Yas392 - Cyclo

Here's a link to the OOC Forum (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?667309-The-Indigo-Syndicate-Pathfinder-1e-OOC&p=26007701#post26007701)

ProgressPaladin
2024-05-06, 09:20 PM
So exited to play!

razorfloss
2024-05-06, 09:50 PM
Unfortunate have fun y'all.

Starbuck_II
2024-05-06, 10:44 PM
Congrats to those who made it