PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on how to make this character, but I'm Rusty..... (King of the Hill)

togapika
2024-04-20, 12:01 PM
So if I wanted to make a 5e character based on Dale Gribble/Rusty Shakleford from King of the Hill, how would you do it?

For races, the two I'm most considering are VHuman if there's a really important feat he needs, or Reborn to get the Poison resistance whilst still looking human because he's "Resistant to poisons and toxins"

For class, someone suggested Ranger for the exterminator aspect; not sure how I feel about that. I've also been considering a cleric who believes the gods don't exist and somehow gets power from his will/strong belief in conspiracies. I've also though about an Artificer for the gun aspect, or maybe a Sorcerer who claims his powers come from when he was abducted by aliens and experimented on.

Kane0
2024-04-20, 03:59 PM
So if I wanted to make a 5e character based on Dale Gribble/Rusty Shakleford from King of the Hill, how would you do it?

For races, the two I'm most considering are VHuman if there's a really important feat he needs, or Reborn to get the Poison resistance whilst still looking human because he's "Resistant to poisons and toxins"

For class, someone suggested Ranger for the exterminator aspect; not sure how I feel about that. I've also been considering a cleric who believes the gods don't exist and somehow gets power from his will/strong belief in conspiracies. I've also though about an Artificer for the gun aspect, or maybe a Sorcerer who claims his powers come from when he was abducted by aliens and experimented on.

Tiefling, infernal constitution, vengeance paladin.

OracularPoet
2024-04-21, 12:10 AM
Charlatan background for false identity, Yuan-ti lineage for poison resistance and poison spray cantrip (and secretly being a lizard person!), inquisitive rogue for chasing conspiracies. Gunnery feat if you want firearms.

Mastikator
2024-04-21, 06:46 AM
2 levels of rogue, cunning action disengage = pocket sand.