PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Best class/subclass for an Aaracokra that is terrified of heights?

Oramac
2024-04-22, 01:36 PM
Pretty much what the title says. I'm planning an upcoming character (most likely for a one-shot) that is an Aaracokra who is terrified of heights. This will likely be in the level 3-5 range.

I'm leaning towards a basic Fighter or Barbarian, but I'm looking for other fun and interesting ideas.

Cheers!

Unoriginal
2024-04-22, 01:54 PM
Pretty much what the title says. I'm planning an upcoming character (most likely for a one-shot) that is an Aaracokra who is terrified of heights. This will likely be in the level 3-5 range.

I'm leaning towards a basic Fighter or Barbarian, but I'm looking for other fun and interesting ideas.

Cheers!

Rune Knight Fighter with the Blind Fighting Fighting style.

That way whenever he grows big he closes his eyes and goes "don'tlookdowndon'tlookdowndon'tlookdown" without issue.

Mastikator
2024-04-22, 01:54 PM
The best way to play an Aarakocra is to be ranged and use flying, actually a kensei monk with a longbow would do a decent job since the best way to take you down is with spells and ranged attacks, and deflect missiles covers half of that.

But if you're not actually flying then probably just go with sword and board heavy armor fighter.

Oramac
2024-04-22, 03:31 PM
Rune Knight Fighter with the Blind Fighting Fighting style.

That way whenever he grows big he closes his eyes and goes "don'tlookdowndon'tlookdowndon'tlookdown" without issue.

Oh! I like that one! Good idea!