Level: Bard 6, Wiz/Sorc 7
Components: V, S,
Casting Time: 1 Standard Action
Range: Short 40ft. +10 ft/lvl
Target: 1 Non-Rocker
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fort Half, (see Text)
Spell Resistance: None.

By playing Harsh notes on your instrument and screaming out the magical words you deal 1D6/level damage to the Target, and cause deafness the deafness is negated if a fortitude save is successful but the damage is only halved.

TheLogman
2007-12-16, 10:55 AM
Should probably be a Sonic spell that deals Sonic damage. It should probably also cause Deafness after the damage. It probably already does that, but it wouldn't hurt to be a little more clear.

Xuincherguixe
2007-12-16, 11:31 AM
Now I'm tempted to come up with a spell that flings a "Cradle of Filth"

Arbitrarity
2007-12-16, 11:32 AM
Seems underpowered. Compare it to Greater Shout, same level for bards, one higher for wizards, which is, admittedly, temporary deafness, and less damage. However, it also has a cone AOE, and stuns for a round.

To boot, greater shout is considered a pretty weak spell. Deafness is a level 2 spell, and 1d6/level to one target, fort for half, is also pretty low level (Though some useless stuff, like Polar Ray, seems fairly high level). I can see this being at most, maybe a level 5 wizard spell, 4 bard.

Lady Tialait
2007-12-16, 11:33 AM
Odd idea from a megadeath song....

anywho..changing the Describtor to 'Sonic' don't know how to fix wording..that is my weakness...*melts*

Archangel Yuki
2007-12-16, 10:24 PM
Odd idea from a megadeath song....

anywho..changing the Describtor to 'Sonic' don't know how to fix wording..that is my weakness...*melts*

Symphony Of Destruction
Evocation (Sonic)
Level: Bard 6, Wiz/Sorc 7
Components: V, S,
Casting Time: 1 Standard Action
Range: Short 40ft. +10 ft/lvl
Target: 1 Non-Rocker
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fort Half, (see Text)
Spell Resistance: None.

You play harsh notes on your instrument wjile screaming out magical words of destruction. This spell deals 1D6/level Sonic damage and deafen a single target. A successful fort save negate the deafness, as well as half the damage.

SofS
2007-12-16, 11:50 PM
Personally, I think this spell would be better suited thematically as a radius centered on the caster. That's not usually a hugely powerful option for a spell, so it could be combined with the option to keep playing for further rounds of damage. No one walks near a bardic metalhead.

Lady Tialait
2007-12-17, 07:55 AM
Yeah, I like that..concentration checks or Proform (total Rockitude)

hehe