PDA

View Full Version : Help with a build

nhbdy
2007-12-16, 12:47 PM
I just got complete mage and saw eldritch threuge (i know spelled wrong) and i am playing a wizard (speciallized in necromancy with banned schools of evocation and enchantment) with the ability scores of STR:13, DEX:11, CON:12, INT:18, WIS:11, CHA:13 (i didn't choose them, they were randomized) and i wanted to know if it was possible with the abilities i have to play an effective eldritch threuge (i am at lvl 1) and if so, build tips

AmberVael
2007-12-16, 01:14 PM
Effective?
No, probably not. You're missing the a few things that might possibly make you a worthwhile Eldritch Theurge.

Evocation. Normally a fairly bad school- I don't blame you for dropping it. But you've got this minor problem that a substantial number of the area spells are in evocation- at least the ones that you want to be affecting your enemy (in conjuction with Spellblast) Still, this wouldn't have dropped you out, but then you have to consider that you also dropped:
Enchantment. Sleep. Deep Slumber. Crushing Despair. Insert some of the other nice enemy affect area enchantment spells here. Furthermore, you won't be able to use this utterly handy school with Greatreach Blast down the road to attack your enemies from a range with touch spells.
Third, you can't even apply Eldritch Spellweave effectively because you have 13 Charisma, meaning your eldritch essences are going to have low chances of doing anything.
Your primary three abilities, therefore, are going to be next to useless.

In summary? Other Eldritch Theurge builds would be a lot better. A LOT.

nhbdy
2007-12-16, 01:18 PM
oh i knew i wouldn't be very good, i just wanted to make one that was playable, are there any suggestions on this? or should i just drop it?