PDA

View Full Version : Hp7

gamerboy6000
2007-12-16, 02:17 PM
I really liked HP 1-7, it's a shame that there won't be a second series about the next generation, seeing what Albus, Lily, James, Rosie and everyone else does over the course of their years at Hogwarts

Eerie
2007-12-16, 02:30 PM
I really liked HP 1-7, it's a shame that there won't be a second series about the next generation, seeing what Albus, Lily, James, Rosie and everyone else does over the course of their years at Hogwarts

Riddle Junior. Forgotten offspring of Voldemort and Bellatrix. Bent on revenge.

I think I`m going to throw up now...

HP has ended! Thats it! No more HP!!! Nevah!!!

Also, I was a bit disappointed by the ending. Villians like Voldy shouldn`t just be killed by some trick. They are supposed to destroy themselves from within.

"Lame, lame, lame, lame, lame", as Syndrome used to say.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-12-16, 03:06 PM
They are supposed to destroy themselves from within.

He sort of did destroy himself.

He died because of three reasons;

He didn't understand how the Elder Wand worked.

His over reliance on killing spells.

His bravado believing that he would win a pistol style duel.

Voldemort could have levitated a rock on top of Harry, he could have used a nonkilling spell that wouldn't have rebounded so effectively, he could have pulled out a gun and shot Harry, but he just did what he'd already failed to do four or so times.

Mr. Mud
2007-12-16, 03:12 PM

Meh, I kind got the feeling that, when the series was finshed there would be something of this sort, but after read the end of Book 7, it would be very tidious to read. Where would Rowling expand? She's covered almost anything that could be interesting... :smallconfused:

Glawackus
2007-12-16, 03:20 PM
Meh, I kind got the feeling that, when the series was finshed there would be something of this sort, but after read the end of Book 7, it would be very tidious to read. Where would Rowling expand? She's covered almost anything that could be interesting... :smallconfused:

I sort of disagree here. The HP world that Rowling laid out in the series was pretty Euro-centric...as I recall, no one went any further south than Egypt, or any further west than Eastern Europe/Russia. There's still a lot of world that could be explored.

As far as great villains though, Voldemort's act is pretty much impossible to follow. In other words: there is a lot of stuff that could be interesting to see, but there's no one to blow up/run from while we're there. :smalltongue:

Shadowdweller
2007-12-16, 04:11 PM
Also, I was a bit disappointed by the ending. Villians like Voldy shouldn`t just be killed by some trick. They are supposed to destroy themselves from within.
Was kinda under the impression that's exactly how villains are supposed to go. I just wish Rowling would have used a good trick. :smallyuk:

warty goblin
2007-12-16, 04:54 PM
As far as great villains though, Voldemort's act is pretty much impossible to follow. In other words: there is a lot of stuff that could be interesting to see, but there's no one to blow up/run from while we're there. :smalltongue:

Well, there could always be a smart villian, one who does not rely on overly complicated and error-prone plans. But then again, if Voldemort had been any smarter, he would totally have wiped the floor with Harry, who was hardly a tactical genius himself.

I liked HP right up until about 3/4 of the way through Book 7 when everything just became pathetically predictable, excepting much of Book 5, which was frankly boring and depended far to heavily on the villian's complete incompetance.

gamerboy6000
2007-12-17, 08:22 AM
As far as great villains though, Voldemort's act is pretty much impossible to follow.

UUUMMM HELLO? RIDDLE JR. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lipe44
2007-12-17, 09:18 AM
UUUMMM HELLO? RIDDLE JR. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a really thin line between "Thats a stupid idea" and "Oh MY GOD, HOW COULD YOU?". You just crossed it...

The Extinguisher
2007-12-17, 09:24 AM

Great, you've just inspirared a million horrible fanfics.

I hope your proud of yourself.

Ossian
2007-12-17, 09:47 AM
I sort of disagree here. The HP world that Rowling laid out in the series was pretty Euro-centric...as I recall, no one went any further south than Egypt, or any further west than Eastern Europe/Russia. There's still a lot of world that could be explored.

Expanding the franchise would just place the mercy bullet in Hogwart's agonizing corpse. It would be just another power creep story, sort of Dragonball Z but with skinny magicians instead of Sayans. So long as harry was growing up, there was room for play, but if he ever gets past his teens what's the point? Even focusing on another teenage wiz and making harry pop out every now and then as the now-mature NPC would be just sad. Can you imagine how carbon copy that would be? Take all the "britishness" (tea cups, snow, woolen attire, greybeards, fireplaces and old castles, canterville ghosts) and make harry tanned with straight hair (egyptian pharaoh like guy) or eastern european (skinny hungarian in a school of body building freaks with magic powers, Rasputin stuff, charcoal bearded ugly mentors with big boots and so on).

Even worse if one added another vllain the size of Voldemort. Aside from his proverbial incompetence (McGyver could have owned Voldemort with a bottle of bleach, a staple, a string and a straw) which happens to be noticed only from outside the story, he would become just "one" of the many threats, and not the worse. Nah, better leave this dead horse buried well below some layers of concrete.

O.

Rogue 7
2007-12-17, 11:37 AM

aaaand someone finally wises up and steals a .50 cal. sniper from the british army. Set it up on the roof of hogwarts. Wait for the kid to show. Boom, headshot. Problem solved.