View Full Version : Do we have a suitable forum section for 'in character' writings?

WitchyKitty
2024-05-02, 02:30 PM
Hello again! Asked a question regarding the Synad in the 3.5e section, got helpful answers, but ultimately the thread did not get quite as much attention as I had hoped, somewhat.

So this next question I'm asking is sort of being thrown in the general 'Role-Playing Games' section, if I can help it; primarily because I can't figure out /where/ I'd actually put a question like this and I'd like a bit more visibility on it.

Do we have any proper areas for where a person could write or post a bit of fiction regarding their own character? Nothing creepy, mind you, but more intended as a thought exercise. I know there's the IC-section for currently running games, however that is for.... well.... currently running games.
What I'm thinking is almost something adjacent to an IC-journal.
It'd help me get into the mindset of my Archivist, I think. Playing a character with 3 minds is...- well, it'll be a challenge and I think a writing exercise would help.

Lord Torath
2024-05-02, 02:46 PM
Bartmanhomer has posted a bunch of stories in the Arts and Crafts (https://forums.giantitp.com/forumdisplay.php?27-Arts-and-Crafts) forum. That would probably be a good place to post our own stories.

Disclaimer: Not-a-Mod, just a fellow user.

Mordar
2024-05-02, 02:51 PM
Bartmanhomer has posted a bunch of stories in the Arts and Crafts (https://forums.giantitp.com/forumdisplay.php?27-Arts-and-Crafts) forum. That would probably be a good place to post our own stories.

There used to be a lot of stuff like that in there, didn't there? I seem to remember lots of IC fiction...

- M

WitchyKitty
2024-05-02, 03:52 PM
There used to be a lot of stuff like that in there, didn't there? I seem to remember lots of IC fiction...

- M

I noticed as well, the Arts/Crafts section indeed being very..... empty. Aside from the pinned threads, of course- which are a grand total of 3. So I was a little hesitant about posting anything there; given there's nothing actually there (that I can see, aside from those pinned threads), I wasn't sure if it was allowed.

LibraryOgre
2024-05-02, 04:37 PM
The Mod Ogre: I mean, I posted my fiction over there.

Batcathat
2024-05-02, 04:44 PM
I noticed as well, the Arts/Crafts section indeed being very..... empty. Aside from the pinned threads, of course- which are a grand total of 3. So I was a little hesitant about posting anything there; given there's nothing actually there (that I can see, aside from those pinned threads), I wasn't sure if it was allowed.

That's probably just your settings. From what I can see, there are 80+ pages of threads there.

WitchyKitty
2024-05-02, 05:04 PM
That's probably just your settings. From what I can see, there are 80+ pages of threads there.

Hum! I see.
Is there a specific setting I should be looking for?
I'm checking the General settings and not seeing anything of the sort, but it could just be entirely dodging my eyeballs.

Bartmanhomer
2024-05-02, 06:44 PM

Hey everyone. Did someone mention my name? :smile:

Roland St. Jude
2024-05-02, 06:58 PM
Sheriff: Indeed, Arts & Crafts is the place. Also, please put things in the topically appropriate forum/subforum, and not where you think it'll get more visibility/traffic. Thanks!