PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know of a GOOD prewritten adventure for me in my first session as DM?

Aulacious
2007-12-16, 06:03 PM
Anyone help?

Azerian Kelimon
2007-12-16, 06:08 PM
Here go a few:

A Dark And Stormy Night, Legends are Made, Not Born, Tomb of Horrors if you're a sadist. The other two are good for beginning chars.

Renegade Paladin
2007-12-16, 06:08 PM
There are lots. What are you looking for? Got any ideas as to what level you want, how long you want it to run, what setting, whether you want hack-and-slash or a more puzzle or roleplay oriented game, and other stuff like that? I mean, I could throw out a laundry list of pre-written adventures, but I can't guarantee you'd like all of them.

If you're looking for something on the cheap, WotC has an archive of pre-written adventures for free download on their website. They're not as long or involved as the ones they print and sell, but they don't tend to be bad by any stretch.

Serenity
2007-12-16, 07:41 PM
The stuff in Pathfinder is truly excellent, in my opinion. Be careful though, since past the first adventure, things get a bit gory. (Them ogres ain't right.) Assess your player's maturity and ability to deal with a horror campaign before you start in on it.

kjones
2007-12-16, 11:53 PM
I've said it before here and I'll say it again. Goodman Games ftw. I've had a lot of fun with every one of their modules I've ever read. Do you want specific recommendations?

Kizara
2007-12-16, 11:55 PM
Sunless Citidel? (spelling)
It was my first DnD session.

Mojo_Rat
2007-12-17, 12:26 AM
I Highly recommend the adventure Scourge of the howling horde. This is a first level adventure that Is very well written. I have a friend who has a thirteen year old son who is into D&D however none of his friends are and so he does not get to play often. I offerd to run him through an adventure. I had not personally DM'd in a while and wanted something pre-made and easy.

besides the main adventure which is fun it provides a small town which is easily usable for further adventures.

SoD
2007-12-17, 12:40 AM
I'd agree on the horde, that's what I ran for my first DMing attempt. But there's also one from a Dungeon Magazine, can't remember the name...it's also for first level characters, and has hallucenagenic drugs in it...

Swordguy
2007-12-17, 01:06 AM
For what value of "good"?

I'd recommend the Tomb of Horrors, in any case. :smallbiggrin:

RTGoodman
2007-12-17, 02:00 AM
No one actually provided a link, but here is the D&D Original Adventures archive (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20030530b) from the Wizards website. "A Dark and Stormy Knight" is a really great one, as is "Something's Cooking."

Also, I second buying "Scourge of the Howling Horde" if you can. Not only is it an adventure for 1st level characters, it's also written with the beginner DM in mind, with simplified stat blocks and an easy-to-use format.

Dausuul
2007-12-17, 08:33 AM
I'd recommend the Tomb of Horrors, in any case. :smallbiggrin:

Yeah, if you want to make sure nobody asks you to DM ever again...

Lady Tialait
2007-12-17, 08:46 AM
If you think you'll have problems with a campagin ark, try Age of Worms, or Salvage Tide, both start at level 1....and go all the way to 21. and with 12 four part adventures too. >.> Savage Tide really got my players blood going....

Swordguy
2007-12-17, 09:02 AM
Yeah, if you want to make sure nobody asks you to DM ever again...

It's a great way to have to get out of doing it forever more.

Like Calvin said: "If you do something bad enough the first time, you don't get asked to do it again."

(Of course, this may just be coming from my jaded perspective of having been the DM of every single game [nearly two dozen] I've been involved in for the last decade.)

Fuzzy_Juan
2007-12-17, 09:08 AM
Temple of Elemental Evil? :smallbiggrin:

ooh...there is also the world's largest dungeon...

Armads
2007-12-17, 09:22 AM
I second (or third) a Dark and Stormy Knight. It was my first Dnd session, anyway

Corrin
2007-12-17, 09:24 AM
Something more recent and readily available is Red Hand of Doom - I thought that was solid, and not overly complicated. I'm assuming you've played before, and this is just your first stab at DMing.

Lady Tialait
2007-12-17, 09:43 AM
Red Hand of Doom is okay, but it starts at level 6..if i recall, (ran it three times...each time...Brindol fell hard..and the Party was TPKed by Tiamat....I feel bad for Brindol)

If you have a setting you like, FR, Ebberon, Greyhawk, or just something you homebrew, You can look for something specifically made for them..(I kinda liked the Forgotten Forge campagian ark...it was fun)

for homebrew, Dark and Stormy Knight wasn't all that great for me, It felt really bland and but it can sure get a party together if they are hard to make co-op.

Nebo_
2007-12-17, 10:05 AM
It's been mentioned before, but the Sunless Citadel is great.

Darrin
2007-12-17, 12:37 PM

But not as a first adventure. It's huge... good for a first campaign, but if you're looking for something to start a new group with or get them familiar with the rules, start with something shorter.

kamikasei
2007-12-17, 02:04 PM

Goblin-hater (http://www.goblindefensefund.org/history5.html)!

SoD
2007-12-18, 03:32 AM
I've got a pdf for the worlds largest dungeon...but it has the dungeon only, is there somethine which says what's in there, or is it purely up to the DM?

Mojo_Rat
2007-12-19, 01:01 PM
I am pretty sure the worlds largest dungeon is just that dungeon tiles leaving it up to the Dm to place the monsers. But i have never done anthing related to it.

leperkhaun
2007-12-19, 01:07 PM
pathfinder has a very good adventure that starts at 1st.

Leadfeathermcc
2007-12-19, 01:07 PM
Nope, the worlds largest dungeon is a very thick book with all the monsters and plots placed.