PDA

View Full Version : New Epic Prestige Class, Construct Disciple

bradvest
2007-12-16, 07:12 PM
Hello, this is my first attempt at building a class, so thought I'd post it for review.

I know it's powerful, which is why I tried to build in several pitfalls for those who are looking to follow this path. Take a look and let me know what you think

CONSTRUCT DISCIPLE

Construct disciples are enamored with creating constructs of all types. They have decided to take this one step further, however, and merge their living essence with the cold hard materials of their creations.

Hit Die: d12.
Requirements
To qualify to become a Construct Disciple, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.
Race: Any but warforged.
Skills: Craft (Arms) 28 ranks or Craft (Armor) 28 Ranks.
Feat: Craft Epic Arms and Armor.
Spellcasting: Ability to cast epic arcane spells.
Special: The player must craft a construct vessel before taking the first level of this class..
Class Skills
The Construct Disciple’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Intimidate (Dex), Gather Information (Cha), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int) Listen (Wis), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Speak Language (Int), Spellcraft (Int), and Spot (Wis).
Skill Points at Each Level: 2 + Int modifier.

Level Special -----------------------------------Craft DC
1st Natural armor increase (+2)-----------------28
2nd Damage Reduction 4/- ---------------------29
3rd Physical Prowess---------------------------30
4th Blindsight 10’-------------------------------31
5th Bonus Feat--------------------------------32
6th Natural Armor Increase (+4)----------------33
7th Damage Reduction 8/- ---------------------34
8th Physical Prowess---------------------------35
9th Blindsight 20’-------------------------------36
10th Golem Special Ability, Bonus Feat-----------37
11th Natural Armor Increase (+6)----------------38
12th Damage Reduction 12/- -------------------39
13th Physical Prowess--------------------------40
14th Blindsight 30’------------------------------41
15th Bonus Feat -------------------------------42
16th Natural Armor Increase (+8)----------------43
17th Damage Reduction 16/- --------------------44
18th Physical Prowess---------------------------45
19th Blindsight 40’------------------------------46
20th Construct Apex, Enlargement, Bonus Feat---55

CONSTRUCT VESSEL

Before taking the first level in this class, the aspiring construct disciple must construct a vessel. Constructing a vessel is very nearly the same as constructing a golem, though instead of being large or huge, the vessel will be medium (if the disciple is of large or larger, increase the material needed by 8x per size category beyond medium), though the vessel will be 8 feet tall. Instead of looking like a golem, the Vessel looks like a version of the Construct Disciple’s base raceThe extra material goes into the internal mechanics which are a part of the disciple ritual. In addition, the disciple must meet a minimum strength requirement. The minimum strength requirements are as follows

Flesh Golem – 13
Clay Golem – 17
Stone Golem – 21
Iron Golem – 25
Mithril Golem - 23
Adamantite Golem - 35
Orichalcum Golum* - 242
Neutronium Golem* - 492

*Immortals Handbook Epic Bestiary

GAINING CLASS LEVELS

A Construct Disciple must be in his workshop to raise a level in the Construct Disciple class. Each time that the Construct Disciple wishes to gain a level, he must make a craft check, The craft check can use any skill that is relevant to the type of construct the vessel is. Once the check is made, the Construct Disciple must cast a Wish spell. As soon as Wish is cast, five percent of the Vessel is integrated into the Construct Disciple, and he may pursue the next level. If the craft check fails, he looses an amout of xp equal to his Construct Disciple level x1000 (500 xp for failing the craft DC trying to gain the first level.)

The only exception is the final level. The final level of Construct Disciple is literally a life and death matter. If the check is successful, the Construct Disciple finishes his transformation. If they fail, their body falls apart and they die instantly. They cannot be resurrected or brought back with a wish spell. In fact, nothing short of the Alter Reality Salient Divine Ability can bring them back to life, and even with that they lose all of their Construct Disciple levels and bonuses. The risk is great for those who walk this path, but then again so are the rewards.

CLASS FEATURES

All of the following are Class Features of the Construct Disciple prestige class.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Construct Disciples gain no proficiency with any weapon or armor.

Natural Armor: At 1st level, and every 5 levels thereafter, the Construct Disciple’s natural armor bonus increases by +1

Damage Reduction: At 2nd level, and every five levels thereafter, the Construct Disciple gains Damage Reduction of 4/-

Physical Prowess: At 3rd level, and every 5 levels thereafter, the Construct Disciple can improve one of its physical ability scores by +4

Blindsight (Ex): The Construct disciple gains blindsight at 4th level, allowing him to ascertain creatures by nonvisual means just as a dragon does. The range of this ability is 10 feet at 4th level, and it increases by 10 feet every 4 levels thereafter.

Bonus Feats: The Construct Disciple gains a bonus feat (selected from the list of epic dragon disciple feats) every 5 levels after 5th.

Golem Special Ability: At 10th Level, the Construct Disciple gains the special ability of his Construct Vessel’s type, such as the poisonous breath of the Iron Golem or the cursed wound ability of the Clay golem

Enlargement: At 20th level, and every 20 levels thereafter, the Construct Disciple's size increases by one step (such as from Medium to Large). The change in size affects the size of weapon that the Construct Disciple can use. Apply the appropriate new size modifier to the character's attacks and AC.

Spell Resistance (Ex): The 18th-level dragon disciple gains spell resistance equal to 25 + his class level

Construct Apex: At 20th level, a Construct Disciple takes on the living construct subtype. Through the large amount of magic he has had to channel to achieve his ends, his spirit becomes intertwined with divine energy and he also achieves a Divine rank of 0, thus becoming a demigod. He is now immortal and gains all benefits and immunities of both being a living construct and a Demigod. The character is also eligible for all feats that a Warforged can take, and can trade in one feat that they currently have to take one of the Warforged body feats. They can also take all Warforged prestige classes.

Body Switching: The Construct Disciple may, at a later time, switch his body out for a better one (such as going from Adamantite to Orichalcum) . He must first craft the other vessel and then make a relevant craft check with a DC of his Construct Disciple level +35. If the check is successful, he can then cast a wish spell to assimilate the other vessel into his being. If he fails, the new vessel is destroyed.

Construct Disciple Bonus Feat List: Armor Skin, Damage Reduction, Epic Prowess, Epic Skill Focus (Craft (any), Epic Toughness, Great Charisma, Great Constitution, Great Strength, Improved Combat Casting, Improved Spell Resistance, Improved Spell Capacity, Permanent Emanation, Spell Knowledge

knightsaline
2007-12-16, 07:24 PM
Construct Apex: At 20th level, a dragon disciple

You may want to fix this.

bradvest
2007-12-16, 07:28 PM
Thanks, used the Dragon Disciple as a base and went from there, thought I caught them all but obviously didn't

Lady Tialait
2007-12-16, 07:36 PM
Intresting, i'd put it in a Table to make it easier to read tho.

Nebo_
2007-12-16, 07:44 PM
To qualify to become a dragon disciple, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.

You might want to fix this, too.

bradvest
2007-12-16, 07:46 PM
I would be happy to put things in a table if I knew how. When I try to use spaces to give it some sort of formatting, they don't show up when I hit save changes. Any suggestions would be helpful. thx

brian c
2007-12-16, 07:56 PM
I would be happy to put things in a table if I knew how. When I try to use spaces to give it some sort of formatting, they don't show up when I hit save changes. Any suggestions would be helpful. thx

Try the Guide to Homebrewing sticky, here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10313). Look at the code for 20-level class, copy-paste it and replace the info with your own stuff