PDA

View Full Version : Dwarven Coolstuff (PrC PEACH)

Lady Tialait
2007-12-16, 08:02 PM
Prerequisites:
Race: Dwarf
Feats: Skill Focus (Craft (Weapons and Armor), Craft Magical Arms and Armors
Skills: Craft (Weapons and Armor) 10
Special: Must find a Tome full of Dwarven Runes, or Must be tutored by a Dwarven Runecrafter.

HD d8
Dwarven RuneCrafter
{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+2|Rune
+1 |+1 to spellcasting class.

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+3|Rune +2 | +1 to spellcasting class.

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+3|Rune +3, Greater Runes|+1 to spellcasting class. [/table]
4+Int Craft (Int), Listen (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), and Spot (Wis).

Rune (su):
By spending 1 hour carfully etching their special runes apon their weapon they may enhance it slightly. Increasing it's power and effectivness for 24 hours. if the proses is interupted they must start over. The effects grow with each level. at first level they can only get a slightly increased effect. gaining a +1 to hit and damage with the weapon. But as they grow in skill they gain more powerful uses. Each level of Dwarven Runecrafter gains you +1 higher enhancement to the weapon etched. You can be etched onto any masterwork or magical weapon with as long as the etching will not give the weapon an enhancment bonus of over +10 including the special abilites.
A dwarven Runecrafter may split the bonus amung any number of weapons, Hence he/she at level 3 make a +1 weapon and a +2 weapon or any combination of the two.

Greater Runes (Su):
Knowing the Runes to well the Runecrafter can creatate a altered rune to mimic the most magical weapons. At 3rd level the Dwarven runecrafter can subitute upto +2 in enhancement bonus for special abilities. They must have Market value of that much. Such as Holy costs the same as +2 so they may can create a +1 Holy weapon. or they can create a +1 Flaming Frost weapon. Useing this ability takes 2 additional hours to the basic runes.

EDIT: changes a few things, Added HD and Skill Points, cahnged it to takeing 1 hour.

EDIT 2: added the start of their spells.

EDIT 3: while I am working on he spell list I'll leave it to +1 caster level and see how that sets with me.

Edit 4: Right..changed the runes so they can go on magical weapons.

Darth Mario
2007-12-16, 08:21 PM
Few questions.

Can a runecrafter hand off it's weapon to another character after he's drawn his stuff? How many skill points does this puppy get?

Since any Runecrafter worth his stuff would inscribe on his weapon every morning, 4 hours seems like a REALLY long time to spend doing so. Something closer to a wizard/cleric/druid's spell preparation time perhaps?

Lady Tialait
2007-12-16, 08:25 PM
oops..forgot how many skillpoints..

As for 4 hours, I figured they would end up loosing sleep over working on it.but tell me how much you suggest I'll consider it, I was thinking 1 hour..that sound better?...

I think I forgot HD too..

Nebo_
2007-12-16, 08:28 PM
This seems very limiting. It would be good in a low magic campaign, but as soon as you get a weapon with more than a +3 bonus, the class is completely useless because you can't improve it any further.

There also seems to be a spells column. Is that a mistake or aren't you finished yet? Spells would be cool.

Lady Tialait
2007-12-16, 08:29 PM
Yeah, there are gunna be a limeted amount of spell casting.

But I need help on that one...any suggestions?

Neftren
2007-12-16, 08:31 PM
You should probably up the requirements to craft Magical Weapons and Arms, which would then open the way to say... +1 to Existing Caster Class at first and third level, which would be fun.

Nebo_
2007-12-16, 08:34 PM
You should probably up the requirements to craft Magical Weapons and Arms, which would then open the way to say... +1 to Existing Caster Class at first and third level, which would be fun.

Actually, that would be cool. A mini-gish. TBH, it wouldn't be overpowered to give it full casting.

Lady Tialait
2007-12-16, 08:37 PM
I was thinking that, but I want this to be a Fighter-esk non-full caster...

I want a spell list for it, kinda like blackgaurd, need help on the spell list.

Charlie Kemek
2007-12-16, 10:31 PM
make it a 5 or higher level class, then it can get better runes, over time, so like if it was 10 levels, improvement every other level, and some other abilities, better spell casting too. get spell casting as a prestiquit if no spell list is desired.
what kind of spell list? what do you want it to do?

Nebo_
2007-12-17, 12:47 AM
That should say '+1 level of existing spellcasting class' not '+1 Caster level' those are two very different things. You need to see to the class only being able to get a +3 weapon total, that seems awfully weak in the long run. They should be able to add to existing magic on a weapon.

Lady Tialait
2007-12-17, 06:27 AM
+1 level of existing spellcasting class sounds right, I rushed the last time i'll put that in.

As for it only giveing +3 your right, it is weak, but if you can put it onto already magical weapons, I worry that that will be overpowered, if I made it a bigger PrC I might as well just C&P Kensai and call it a day.

This +3 Weapon is without any Exp. Gold. or Day after Day of working on it.
It is in addion (at third level) very versitile. Going against Fire Giant? good thing you have a +1 Giant Bane Frost Battleaxe. Seen like a bad idea to buy one? just etch it with runes!

I worry that if someone has a +5 Vorpal Longsword and Etch runes on it...well you can see the problems can't you?

I'm really considering taking away 'Crafter Magical Arms and Armor' as a Prereq. and changing the +1 spellcasting to something in the lines of '+1 spellcasting class OR Bonus Feat' and allow that feat to be chosen from the Fighter bonus feat list.

That feels almost right but i'm afraid of it being overpowered.

Umarth
2007-12-17, 03:59 PM
A bonus fighter feat at each level would be a bit to much I think.

I do agree with the fact that it caping at a +3 bonus makes this class silly to take since you'll out grow this classes abilities and never use the rune ability.

I'd probably set it up so they stack with magical bonuses though you can't craft an item higher than some set limit (and never higher than +10).

Lady Tialait
2007-12-17, 04:43 PM
I think that will work i'm thinking that will work well....yeap doing it.