PDA

View Full Version : Pvp

Cowboy_ninja
2007-12-16, 08:12 PM
i'm preparing to participate in a PVP. I have to stick to the PHB and the DMG when making my lvl 6 character.

anyway i got a few questions:

- how would i force someone into a bag of holding?
- if you have been forced into a bag of holding how to you get out?
- if you had the augmented summonign feat, does it enhance the creatures that come from items like figureines's of wonderous power (lions, dog, etc.) elemental gem, quaf's feather token (bird)
- if you have a person in your bag of holding can you punch it, does the guy inside feel the hit?:smallwink:

thanks in advance

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2007-12-16, 08:20 PM
1. With a truly disturbing amount of physical strength, unless they were stupid enough to actually go in willingly, or you had some intense, byzantine machinations to make them fall in. In short, it's not happening, really.
2. I think this is mentioned in the SRD, but it might just talk about how long one can survive.
3. This would be up to DM interpretation, but I would feel it only applies to the creatures one summons oneself.
4. Yes, you can punch it. I don't believe it will harm the person inside, however.

For the record, I'd advise against a Bag of Holding "gimmick" character like this. After the fight, they figure out the gimmick and you're hosed.

Hario
2007-12-16, 08:28 PM
1. you'd need to make opposed strength checks and grapple checks, obviously they'd need to be able to fit in it. But if you are looking to kill them over the head is good enough. Making them helpless is even better.

2. ... plane shift?

3. I'm pretty sure it doesn't work for those since they are just transmutations and not conjurations, I could be wrong

4.^ seconded

5. ... Profit??...

Armads
2007-12-16, 08:38 PM
- how would i force someone into a bag of holding?

Maybe place a portable hole into the ground, and then cover it with a bag of holding later to destroy them?

- if you had the augmented summonign feat, does it enhance the creatures that come from items like figureines's of wonderous power (lions, dog, etc.) elemental gem, quaf's feather token (bird)

Don't think so.

- if you have been forced into a bag of holding how to you get out?
- if you have a person in your bag of holding can you punch it, does the guy inside feel the hit?

Don't know.

Laurellien
2007-12-16, 08:42 PM
1) Don't, instead by a tower shield and a portable hole. Put the second on the first and bullrush your opponent. Then fold up the first hole and strap on a second. Repeat until there are no more enemies. Then open a final hole and toss the rest in.

Goff
2007-12-16, 08:54 PM
I believe it'd be rather easy to get out of a bag of holding - just cut it open. If you have a dagger on hand (most adventurers do) then you'll be able to cut open the bag of holding, turning it into a non-magical sack which most characters would burst as they come into the material plane. Anyway, I think that's how they work.

tyckspoon
2007-12-16, 08:59 PM
I believe it'd be rather easy to get out of a bag of holding - just cut it open. If you have a dagger on hand (most adventurers do) then you'll be able to cut open the bag of holding, turning it into a non-magical sack which most characters would burst as they come into the material plane. Anyway, I think that's how they work.

or if sharp objects pierce it (from inside or outside), the bag ruptures and is ruined. All contents are lost forever.

Worse than being dead, in some ways; there are lots of spells that can help you if you're merely dead. Stuff inside a broken bag of holding enters an entirely undefined state; the easiest possibility, in terms of recovering stuff, is that it is randomly scattered over the Astral plane, similar to what happens when you put a bag in a hole.

I would suggest grapple or Escape Artist checks for getting out of a bag you didn't want to be in, based on the rules for Swallow Whole attacks.

Lemur
2007-12-16, 09:29 PM
Worse than being dead, in some ways; there are lots of spells that can help you if you're merely dead. Stuff inside a broken bag of holding enters an entirely undefined state; the easiest possibility, in terms of recovering stuff, is that it is randomly scattered over the Astral plane, similar to what happens when you put a bag in a hole.

I say that they'd be forever lost in time! [/reverb]. Only to reappear at the end of the campaign, as a hyper-evolved cyber zombie with biolasers.

As for getting someone stuck inside, why use force when you can use magic? Ghoul touch/hold person, and they can't stop you from shunting them inside (although at that point, I don't know why you'd need to put them in there). Or charm them and convince them that their survival somehow depends on going inside the bag.

Cowboy_ninja
2007-12-17, 01:52 PM
I like the bullrush portable hole idea. but we only start with 13K GP.

anyway i wasthinking about getting 2 elemental gems. Two large earth elements (or maybe one earth one air for those fliers) grapple you into my bag of holding where you just suffocate and die.

If your lvl 6 can you take on 2 Large elementals?

If that didn't work i could probably get a pretty decent weapon and kill my opponents off while my elementals have them pinned....

what ya think?

Again the rules of the PVP are that we stick to PHB, DMG, and monster manual is only for summoning reference and feats ( not races to be) lvl 6, 13K GP worth of stuff, only core classes, standard 28 point stats buy system, and I think thats all the important stuff worth mentioning...

EDIT: one more thought, there is a difference between being grappled and being prone, correct? I had always assumed that if you were grappling you were wresting on the floor but the AC modifier table in the PHB leads me to think otherwise since being prone is worse than being grappled but not worse than being pinned. Anyway i was wondering if you could be prone AND grappled (not pinned) at the same time.