PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting A kingdom overrun.

Lioslaith
2024-05-09, 05:48 AM
I would like to participate in a game that’s high level. In the past I’ve requested gestalt games but let’s go for broke and look at a tristalt game. No real concern with what version of DnD we use, I like 5e as it’s simple but you’d have to make up the rules as you go.

I am looking to play a sort of bodyguard to the princess. One who has been tasked with keeping her safe and getting her out of a country that has been overrun by (either a rival nation at war, a horde of some kind, etc. there are a myriad of possibilities here). Once that is accomplished perhaps leading to go back and re-take the country for the royal bloodline.

As for the tristalt I’d like to see it at least 15th level or above.

Anyone interested?

samduke
2024-05-09, 06:53 AM
Interested as a player

2024-05-09, 08:02 AM
Keeping an eye on this.

Lioslaith
2024-05-09, 08:35 AM
I would add that I see the PC’s as being the elite guard for the royal family and that the king required us to sacrifice everything to protect the princess. I don’t know if there’d be any takers but someone could play the princess as well. Though you’d have to be okay with the power disparity.

Illven
2024-05-09, 08:37 AM
I would add that I see the PC’s as being the elite guard for the royal family and that the king required us to sacrifice everything to protect the princess. I don’t know if there’d be any takers but someone could play the princess as well. Though you’d have to be okay with the power disparity.

I will always play princesses if the option is available. :smalltongue:

Lioslaith
2024-05-09, 08:41 AM
I think it would offer some unique role play opportunities but you rarely see someone willing to do it.

Had a player play as a characters familiar once and that was awesome. The role play from actual interaction with a person was a blast.

LairdMaon
2024-05-09, 11:22 AM
I'll be watching this too

JNAProductions
2024-05-09, 12:25 PM
Eyes on this.

Psycho Ban
2024-05-09, 12:53 PM
Totally in as a player.

Lioslaith
2024-05-09, 05:34 PM
I picture this group as very close knit. Focused solely on keeping the princess alive and getting her out of the country.

Burning Spear
2024-05-16, 07:21 PM
Interested as a player, but only if it is run as a 3.5e game, not 5e.
(I hate 4e+, lol :smallbiggrin: .)

Lioslaith
2024-05-17, 05:42 AM
What about Pathfinder ?

Burning Spear
2024-05-22, 11:53 PM
What about Pathfinder ?

Pathfinder and 3.5 can easily be used in tandem.

I would like to participate in a game that’s high level. In the past I’ve requested gestalt games but let’s go for broke and look at a tristalt game. No real concern with what version of DnD we use, I like 5e as it’s simple but you’d have to make up the rules as you go.

I am looking to play a sort of bodyguard to the princess. One who has been tasked with keeping her safe and getting her out of a country that has been overrun by (either a rival nation at war, a horde of some kind, etc. there are a myriad of possibilities here). Once that is accomplished perhaps leading to go back and re-take the country for the royal bloodline.

As for the tristalt I’d like to see it at least 15th level or above.

I can see Forgotten Realms easily provide such a setting, per example, The Shadovar invading Cormyr (they already completely vaporised Tilverton, a small city), and/or Red Wizards invading Cormyr/ Sembia? This could be happening at the same time, making it seem that the Shadovar and Red Wizards of Thay are working together?

Princess could be Alusair Obarskyr? (google her) Base she's classed as a Fighter 7/ Ranger 1/ Purple Dragon 2, her stats (16/16/16/14/13/14) are the equiv of a 47 point buy'ish, (not counting +2 from lvl).

Normal Gestalt would by itself already be enough of a powergame imo, and create enough headache for any Dm, so I think you're scaring away any potential Dm with asking for Tristalt :smallbiggrin:

I'd love to play a follower/ cultist of Cyric (insane god of murder, lies, intrigue, strife, deception, illusion) and Garagos (Lesser War God, war, skill at arms, destruction and plunder, but his church also loves intrigue and strife/ deception) who is also a nationalist, moreso then a royalist, but who is nevertheless more then willing to help his country not be overrun by other evil interlopers.. think gangster with a conscience/ ethics).
I'd like to go for the PrC Spur Lord, Lords of Darkness book, P. 11/12.
Garagos feeds his power to cast spells, Cyric the Spur Lord/ Evangelist powers..

"Sehlvar Uhl, aka Redhand"
(Something along the lines of:
Militant Rogue 4/ Marshal 6/ Spur Lord 5// Favored Soul 4/ Human Paragon 3/ Evangelist 5/ Divine Oracle 3/ Contemplative 1, 1 Domain, Clvl 10, 3x 5th lvl spells)

Lioslaith
2024-05-23, 07:50 AM
And clarifying that’s NOT an offer to run a game right?

The tristalt might put off some and if I heard a good enough pitch for regular gestalt I might consider it but it wouldn’t be what I had in mind to begin with.

These things usually sit around and go nowhere anyway.

Burning Spear
2024-05-23, 10:54 AM
No, it's not an offer to DM, I'm not in a position timewise to do such. :smallcool:

Greenflame133
2024-05-23, 11:02 AM
Pathfinder and 3.5 can easily be used in tandem.
Good old 3.P. Given running PF as base is usually smoother.

That said, given a madness that is tristalt, having more passive optsions such as Marshal would be nice, or even use one part of level ajuistment. All thing more present in 3.5.

Still with tristalt means more optsions then acions, and low HP

2024-05-23, 12:09 PM
Good old 3.P. Given running PF as base is usually smoother.

That said, given a madness that is tristalt, having more passive optsions such as Marshal would be nice, or even use one part of level ajuistment. All thing more present in 3.5.

Still with tristalt means more optsions then acions, and low HP

PF let's you play as monsters with CR in place of class lvl. So if lvl 10 game could be CR 10//Lvl 10//Lvl 10.

Edit: mentioning it mostly cuz it's generally a lot better than dealing with LA, especially WotC LA instead of reassigned.

Burning Spear
2024-05-23, 12:14 PM
PF let's you play as monsters with CR in place of class lvl. So if lvl 10 game could be CR 10//Lvl 10//Lvl 10.

So does 3.5, but heyho, I tbh don't see how in the premise of this requested game (princess rescue/ safe keeping) monsters are remotely appropriate,
(Your mile may vary, as some monsters maybe fluffed up story-wise to fit anyway).

Lioslaith
2024-05-23, 12:22 PM
I just used that premise because it seemed like it would afford more rp opportunities than simply number crunching and bashing things.

A DM could easily say no monsters as races, etc. all simple fixes.

Burning Spear
2024-05-23, 12:24 PM
😃 Sure. Np

Book Wombat
2024-05-23, 12:52 PM
Potentially interested if 3.5e/PF as well.

Burning Spear
2024-05-23, 09:24 PM
Princess could be Alusair Obarskyr? (google her) Base she's classed as a Fighter 7/ Ranger 1/ Purple Dragon 2, her stats (16/16/16/14/13/14) are the equiv of a 47 point buy'ish, (not counting +2 from lvl).
We could use her abilities: 16, 16, 16, 14, 14, 13 as baseline for the characters, not incl the +1 per 4 character lvl's.

My idea as an example;
Str 16
Dex 13 +1= 14
Con 14
Int 14 Chondathan, Damaran, Orc, Dwarven, Sylvan, Abyssal, Ignan,
Wis 16
Cha 16 +2/+1/+1= 20

I'd love to play a follower/ cultist of Cyric (insane god of murder, lies, intrigue, strife, deception, illusion) and Garagos (Lesser War God, war, skill at arms, destruction and plunder, but his church also loves intrigue and strife/ deception) who is also a nationalist, moreso then a royalist, but who is nevertheless more then willing to help his country not be overrun by other evil interlopers.. think gangster with a conscience/ ethics).
I'd like to go for the PrC Spur Lord, Lords of Darkness book, P. 11/12.
Garagos feeds her/ his power to cast spells, Cyric the Spur Lord/ Evangelist powers..

"Sehlvariya Uhl, aka Lady Red Hand"
(Something along the lines of: (if lvl 16)
Militant Rogue 4/Spur Lord 5/ Marshal 6/ Paladin of ??? 2?//
Favored Soul 5 (Energy Resis. 10 (Fire?)/ Human Paragon 3/ Evangelist 5/ Divine Oracle 3/ , 1 Domain (Fury), Clvl 10, 3x 5th lvl spells)
(Feats: Blooded, Sneak Attack x3?. Craven, Turn Undead?, Fav. Enemy x3 (Netherese +6/ Humans +4/ Orcs +2?), Heretic of the faith, Veil of Cyric), Initiate of Garagos (Anhur), Jergal's Pact, Dungeoneer's Intuition, Landlord, Quick Reconnoitre , Iron Will, Leadership, Lightning Reflexes, Quick Draw

IF Trisalt:
Ranger 1/ Fighter 6/ Generic Expert 8/ PrC Contemplative 1

Flaws? (2 if allowed plz, lol.)

Why would there have to be a disparity in power? she could build (if willing, upon the basics given in the book of her (if she wants to portay Obarskyr, Alusair has a decent starting point for a character concept: Fighter 7/ Ranger 1/ Purple Dragon 2, to which the player could easily add the other parts of the Ge(Tri)stalt.. and expand upon her basic build, like finishing the Purple Dragon class to lvl 5

I will always play princesses if the option is available. :smalltongue:
~"Glad to make your acquaintance, Lady Alusair.."~ bows with a nod..

Lioslaith
2024-05-24, 04:44 AM
Unless we get a DM then it’s all kind of a moot point.

JNAProductions
2024-05-26, 10:06 PM
System: D&D 5E
Player Count: Four at most-Lioslaith plus up to three others
Style of Play: Escape against the odds at first
Allowed Content: If it's not on the list, don't ask.

PHB
DMG
Xanathar's
Volo's
Mordenkainen's
Ravnica
Eberron
Tasha’s
Fizban’s
Monsters of the Multiverse
UA, Homebrew, or anything else available for free, legally, and online by request. Include a link with any request!

Character Creation: Mythweavers preferred, but anything I can easily read is acceptable

Backstory: Skirt length
Experience: 15th Level Tristalt
Wealth: Unlimited mundane wealth, but you'll have to carry whatever you get. One Legendary, One Rare, One Uncommon, and up to Three Common items. You may trade items that are Uncommon or rarer up a rarity at the cost of two picks, and you may trade items down a rarity to gain an additional pick.
Ability Scores: Pick six numbers. These are your pre-racial stats. No number may be higher than 18 or less than 8. You may modify them freely up until the game starts, and may pick duplicate numbers. If you are worried about picking your own stats, you may use this array: 18 17 16 14 12 12.
Hitpoints/Health: PHB Standard
Alignment: Heroic.

Other Notes: No Ravnica backgrounds.
No multiclassing.
You gain the higher hit die from your classes.
You gain weapon, tools, and armor proficiencies from both classes.
You gain three saves total, chosen from among any saves available to your classes. If you can only pick two, you must pick those two, but then gain an extra free pick of save proficiency.
You may take skills from either class's list, and take the higher number of skills to gain from class.
You gain equipment from one class only. If you need essentials from another class (for instance, a Fighter//Wizard without an arcane focus) just ask, and you can have it.
Spellcasting is kept entirely separate on leveling, but in play, you can use slots from both sides for either side's spells.
A level five Wizard//Fighter (not EK) has the normal slots of a level five Wizard.
A level five Wizard//Cleric would have eight 1st level slots, six 2nd level, and four 3rd level.
A level five Wizard//Paladin would have eight 1st level slots, five 2nd level, and two 3rd level.

In play, you can use any slots for any spell you know or have prepped.
For ASIs, you gain them from both sides, but no stat can be raised by more than 2 at any level.
Your kingdom lies at the northernmost edge of the Five Kingdoms. For generations, your kingdom and armies have stood bulwark against the threats of attack from the frozen hordes of the north. It's never been easy-they might be disorganized rabble, but they are strong. Until they weren't so disorganized. Argos The Eternal Frost, a warlord from the tundra, claimed dominion over legions from his home. And he marshalled them against the wall that has stood unbroken for as long as memory holds.
He and his forces broke that wall, and they have shown no signs of stopping.

You are bodyguards to Princess d'Amati. Shortly before Argos' forces broke through, there were rumblings of something dangerous, so the monarch, Queen Marchesa, had made preparations to send her daughter to another kingdom for safety. You were about three hours out from the castle when Argos' forces arrived. You are now moving with all haste you can, trying to stay ahead of the frozen forces of the north and keep Princess Adriana d'Amati safe, desperate to reach the nearest of the Five Kingdoms.

LairdMaon
2024-05-26, 11:54 PM
5e. Nope. No slight on the DM or players, but I'm no good for 5e.

I wish everyone else the best of luck and 'uge enjoyment here!

Lioslaith
2024-05-27, 04:28 AM
Thank you JNA, I think I'll do a Gloom Stalker Ranger/Kensai/Arcane Archer, the royal hunter so to speak. Mark of Finding Variant human, is it's allowed.

I assume I can't stack archery fighting styles from fighter and ranger?

Also, how do you feel about the lucky feat?

2024-05-27, 04:58 AM
Thinking of doing something with Drakewarden. Maybe Fighter//Paladin//Ranger for a dragon knight type.

Burning Spear
2024-05-27, 05:18 AM
Well, GL with this then, I am not stepping into 5th.

Big pass for me.

samduke
2024-05-27, 10:32 AM
okay I will give this a whirl

Goblin > Monsters of the Multiverse version
evocation wizard
hexblade warlock >Pact of the Blade
champion fighter

Okay Questions for the GM

are you allowing more than the standard 3 attunement slots ?
below I am listing my intended magic items <A>= attune, and if we are limited to just 3 then at the common slot I listed an alternate >Lantern

are you allowing the (Optional) features?

1 Legendary: Belt of Cloud Giant Strength (27 Legendary) <A>

Rare: Rod of the Pact Keeper rare (+2) <A>
While holding this rod, you gain a bonus to spell attack rolls and to the saving throw DCs of your warlock spells. This bonus is determined by the rod's rarity.
In addition, you can regain one warlock spell slot as an action while holding the rod. You can't use this property again until you finish a long res

Rare: Wand of the War Mage rare (+2) <A>
While holding this wand, you gain a bonus to spell attack rolls determined by the wand's rarity. In addition, you ignore half cover when making a spell attack.

1 Common: Hat of Wizardry <A>
You can use the hat as a spellcasting focus for your wizard spells.
You can try to cast a cantrip that you don't know. The cantrip must be on the Wizard spell list, and you must make a DC 10 Intelligence (Arcana) check. If the check succeeds, you cast the spell. If the check fails, so does the spell, and the action used to cast the spell is wasted. In either case, you can't use this property again until you finish a long rest.

1 Common: Everbright Lantern
This bullseye lantern contains an Eberron dragonshard that sheds light comparable to that produced by a Continual Flame spell. An everbright lantern sheds light in a 120-foot cone; the closest 60 feet is bright light, and the farthest 60 feet is dim light.

Str: 13 >14 becomes 27
Dex: 14 >18
Con: 16 >20
Int: 18 >20
Wis: 15 >18
Cha: 17 >18

Wizard ASI 4,8,12
INT +2
DEX +2
DEX +2

Warlock ASI 4,8,12
WIS +2

Telepathic
Increase your Wisdom score by 1, you can cast detect thoughts and you can speak telepathically to any creature within 60 ft.

Shadow Touched
Increase your Charisma score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
You learn the invisibility spell and one 1st-level spell of your choice. The 1st-level spell must be from the illusion or necromancy school of magic. You can cast each of these spells without expending a spell slot. Once you cast either of these spells in this way, you can't cast that spell in this way again until you finish a long rest. You can also cast these spells using spell slots you have of the appropriate level. The spells' spellcasting ability is the ability increased by this feat.

Fighter ASI 4,6,8,12,14)
CON +2

Resilient (CON)
Increase the chosen ability score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
You gain proficiency in saving throws using the chosen ability.

Durable
Increase your Constitution score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
When you roll a Hit Die to regain hit points, the minimum number of hit points you regain from the roll equals twice your Constitution modifier (minimum of 2).

Squat Nimbleness
Increase your Strength score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
Increase your walking speed by 5 feet.
You gain proficiency in the Acrobatics or Athletics skill (your choice).
You have advantage on any Strength (Athletics) or Dexterity (Acrobatics) check you make to escape from being grappled.

Warcaster
You have advantage on Constitution saving throws that you make to maintain your concentration on a spell when you take damage.
You can perform the somatic components of spells even when you have weapons or a shield in one or both hands.
When a hostile creature's movement provokes an opportunity attack from you, you can use your reaction to cast a spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity attack. The spell must have a casting time of 1 action and must target only that creature.

Backstory
Luna
a formidable figure blending arcane mastery with martial prowess. Clad in enchanted armor that shimmers with protective spells, she wields a staff in one hand and a sword in the other. Her eyes, glowing with a mystical light, reveal the vast knowledge of ancient magic she commands. Luna's combat style is a seamless dance of spellcasting and swordplay, where she alternates between unleashing powerful incantations and executing precise, devastating strikes. Her reputation as a warrior-mage is legendary, with tales of her single-handedly defeating battalions and vanquishing dark sorcerers echoing throughout the land. Despite her fearsome capabilities, Luna remains a guardian of the innocent, using her unique blend of skills to protect those who cannot protect themselves.

JNAProductions
2024-05-27, 10:51 AM
Thank you JNA, I think I'll do a Gloom Stalker Ranger/Kensai/Arcane Archer, the royal hunter so to speak. Mark of Finding Variant human, is it's allowed.

I assume I can't stack archery fighting styles from fighter and ranger?

Also, how do you feel about the lucky feat?

Archery can only be taken once.
Lucky is fine.

okay I will give this a whirl

Goblin > Monsters of the Multiverse version
evocation wizard
hexblade warlock >Pact of the Blade
champion fighter

Okay Questions for the GM

are you allowing more than the standard 3 attunement slots ?
below I am listing my intended magic items <A>= attune, and if we are limited to just 3 then at the common slot I listed an alternate >Lantern

are you allowing the (Optional) features?

1 Legendary: Belt of Cloud Giant Strength (27 Legendary) <A>

Rare: Rod of the Pact Keeper rare (+2) <A>
While holding this rod, you gain a bonus to spell attack rolls and to the saving throw DCs of your warlock spells. This bonus is determined by the rod's rarity.
In addition, you can regain one warlock spell slot as an action while holding the rod. You can't use this property again until you finish a long res

Rare: Wand of the War Mage rare (+2) <A>
While holding this wand, you gain a bonus to spell attack rolls determined by the wand's rarity. In addition, you ignore half cover when making a spell attack.

1 Common: Hat of Wizardry <A>
You can use the hat as a spellcasting focus for your wizard spells.
You can try to cast a cantrip that you don't know. The cantrip must be on the Wizard spell list, and you must make a DC 10 Intelligence (Arcana) check. If the check succeeds, you cast the spell. If the check fails, so does the spell, and the action used to cast the spell is wasted. In either case, you can't use this property again until you finish a long rest.

1 Common: Everbright Lantern
This bullseye lantern contains an Eberron dragonshard that sheds light comparable to that produced by a Continual Flame spell. An everbright lantern sheds light in a 120-foot cone; the closest 60 feet is bright light, and the farthest 60 feet is dim light.

Str: 13 >14 becomes 27
Dex: 14 >18
Con: 16 >20
Int: 18 >20
Wis: 15 >18
Cha: 17 >18

Wizard ASI 4,8,12
INT +2
DEX +2
DEX +2

Warlock ASI 4,8,12
WIS +2

Telepathic
Increase your Wisdom score by 1, you can cast detect thoughts and you can speak telepathically to any creature within 60 ft.

Shadow Touched
Increase your Charisma score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
You learn the invisibility spell and one 1st-level spell of your choice. The 1st-level spell must be from the illusion or necromancy school of magic. You can cast each of these spells without expending a spell slot. Once you cast either of these spells in this way, you can't cast that spell in this way again until you finish a long rest. You can also cast these spells using spell slots you have of the appropriate level. The spells' spellcasting ability is the ability increased by this feat.

Fighter ASI 4,6,8,12,14)
CON +2

Resilient (CON)
Increase the chosen ability score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
You gain proficiency in saving throws using the chosen ability.

Durable
Increase your Constitution score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
When you roll a Hit Die to regain hit points, the minimum number of hit points you regain from the roll equals twice your Constitution modifier (minimum of 2).

Squat Nimbleness
Increase your Strength score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
Increase your walking speed by 5 feet.
You gain proficiency in the Acrobatics or Athletics skill (your choice).
You have advantage on any Strength (Athletics) or Dexterity (Acrobatics) check you make to escape from being grappled.

Warcaster
You have advantage on Constitution saving throws that you make to maintain your concentration on a spell when you take damage.
You can perform the somatic components of spells even when you have weapons or a shield in one or both hands.
When a hostile creature's movement provokes an opportunity attack from you, you can use your reaction to cast a spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity attack. The spell must have a casting time of 1 action and must target only that creature.

Backstory
Luna
a formidable figure blending arcane mastery with martial prowess. Clad in enchanted armor that shimmers with protective spells, she wields a staff in one hand and a sword in the other. Her eyes, glowing with a mystical light, reveal the vast knowledge of ancient magic she commands. Luna's combat style is a seamless dance of spellcasting and swordplay, where she alternates between unleashing powerful incantations and executing precise, devastating strikes. Her reputation as a warrior-mage is legendary, with tales of her single-handedly defeating battalions and vanquishing dark sorcerers echoing throughout the land. Despite her fearsome capabilities, Luna remains a guardian of the innocent, using her unique blend of skills to protect those who cannot protect themselves.

Only three attunement slots.
Optional features are fine.

Lioslaith
2024-05-27, 10:59 AM
Still tweaking but a WIP https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2909957

Illven
2024-05-27, 04:35 PM
Can I change the name? :P

JNAProductions
2024-05-27, 04:39 PM
Can I change the name? :P

No one is playing as the princess, so... No. :P

samduke
2024-05-27, 04:43 PM
okay I think for the most part this is ready, I will finish picking spells if selected

Luna (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YIzAjQZmNmcTbXju8VaNPK7CbZyc5w1yoRaIvDdDjhA/edit?usp=sharing)

Backstory

2024-05-27, 04:44 PM
First question is lore stuff: what is the makeup of the enemy army? Like what races are we looking at?

Other questions are more...mechanical requests.

1) Crown Paladin allows me to transfer damage from an adjacent ally to myself. Could I also be allowed to transfer the damage to my mount?

2) Normally, if the drake dies, it completely dematerializes, and it takes an action+spell slot to summon it again. It feels kinda weird to have a mount phasing in and out of existence. Could I have it where, if the drake dies, I have the option to spend a slot+my next action ahead of time on essentially "resummoning" it right as it dies, maintaining it's existence and just resetting it?

Lioslaith
2024-05-27, 04:47 PM
No one is playing as the princess, so... No. :P

You could let them play the princess, as long as they are okay with a power disparity.

JNAProductions
2024-05-27, 04:52 PM
First question is lore stuff: what is the makeup of the enemy army? Like what races are we looking at?

Other questions are more...mechanical requests.

1) Crown Paladin allows me to transfer damage from an adjacent ally to myself. Could I also be allowed to transfer the damage to my mount?

2) Normally, if the drake dies, it completely dematerializes, and it takes an action+spell slot to summon it again. It feels kinda weird to have a mount phasing in and out of existence. Could I have it where, if the drake dies, I have the option to spend a slot+my next action ahead of time on essentially "resummoning" it right as it dies, maintaining it's existence and just resetting it?

1) Maybe to a Find Steed mount, but the Drake from Drakewarden doesn't even let you share spells. You can only transfer damage to yourself.
2) That's fine.

As for the lore, you're looking at humanoids that aren't really part of any existing race anymore. Conjecture has it they were originally goliath stock, or perhaps dwarven, but now they're fully adapted to the harsh realities of the frozen north. Stereotypes have them as dumb brutes, but those who have fought them know that that's just a mixture of disdain and wishful thinking-they're not good at working with one another, generally speaking, but they can be just as smart and cunning as anyone from the Five Kingdoms.

General traits mechanical traits shared include things like resistance to Cold damage (duh), Medium size (bordering on Large, and some impressive peeps are Large), and the ability to infuse their weapons and unarmed strikes with Cold damage.

You could let them play the princess, as long as they are okay with a power disparity.

Given who I made queen, it'd make sense for the princess to be pretty skilled too. If you're good with it, Lioslaith, then one of y'all can be the princess. Last name is fixed, first name is mutable.

Lioslaith
2024-05-27, 04:55 PM
As for the lore, you're looking at humanoids that aren't really part of any existing race anymore. Conjecture has it they were originally goliath stock, or perhaps dwarven, but now they're fully adapted to the harsh realities of the frozen north. Stereotypes have them as dumb brutes, but those who have fought them know that that's just a mixture of disdain and wishful thinking-they're not good at working with one another, generally speaking, but they can be just as smart and cunning as anyone from the Five Kingdoms.

General traits mechanical traits shared include things like resistance to Cold damage (duh), Medium size (bordering on Large, and some impressive peeps are Large), and the ability to infuse their weapons and unarmed strikes with Cold damage.

Given who I made queen, it'd make sense for the princess to be pretty skilled too. If you're good with it, Lioslaith, then one of y'all can be the princess. Last name is fixed, first name is mutable.

Sort of like white walkers?

Yeah I'm fine with it.

EDIT: So, were we members of a royal contingent of bodyguards? Mercenaries hired by the queen last minute?

Illven
2024-05-27, 05:06 PM
I had an idea for a bastard tiefling princess.

To lessen the power disparity.

Lioslaith
2024-05-27, 05:09 PM
I had an idea for a bastard tiefling princess.

To lessen the power disparity.

Yeah, if anything she may actually be as powerful or more so than the rest of us. Just be ready for us to be very protective of you.

2024-05-27, 05:10 PM
Sort of like white walkers?

Yeah I'm fine with it.

EDIT: So, were we members of a royal contingent of bodyguards? Mercenaries hired by the queen last minute?

idk about anybody else but i'm going Cavalier Fighter//Crown Paladin//Drakewarden Ranger. I am 100% going in as a dedicated dragonriding bodyguard.

JNAProductions
2024-05-27, 05:15 PM
You work for the queen and the kingdom. You are a trusted and valued member of the princess's personal guard.
You might've STARTED as a mercenary, but if so, you've been around quite a while.

Psycho Ban
2024-05-27, 05:17 PM
Requesting use of Astral Elf.

Build idea.

Fortune teller/adviser to the crown from another world, Divination Wizard//Circle of Stars Druid//Lunar Sorcerer.

JNAProductions
2024-05-27, 05:18 PM
Requesting use of Astral Elf.

Build idea.

Fortune teller/adviser to the crown from another world, Divination Wizard//Circle of Stars Druid//Lunar Sorcerer.

Include a link with any request, like for Astral Elf.

Illven
2024-05-27, 05:18 PM
My idea is vengeance paladin//fiend lock// some other charisma class.

I know the answer but can we use bg 3 vow of enmity. :small tongue:

Psycho Ban
2024-05-27, 05:22 PM
Include a link with any request, like for Astral Elf.
My mistake, switching to glitchling (UA 85 (https://media.wizards.com/2022/dnd/downloads/UA2022-WondersoftheMultiverse.pdf)).

JNAProductions
2024-05-27, 05:24 PM
My mistake, switching to glitchling (UA 85).

A link, please.

Psycho Ban
2024-05-27, 05:25 PM
A link, please.

Sorry dumb mistake. Edited the previous.

JNAProductions
2024-05-27, 05:26 PM
I'm going to veto Glitchling.

Lioslaith
2024-05-27, 05:33 PM
Ryland would have been the royal hunter then. Taught archery to the children, the guide, the "wilderness" component of the royal house. Took the king and family on guided hunts, etc.

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/f63b1d40-3284-4791-b03f-a09c0bc99a18/dfn3xap-0d685847-0856-4ec9-b5a4-ca92f6d26da5.png/v1/fill/w_768,h_512,q_80,strp/volthue__hunter_archer_by_awester01_dfn3xap-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI 1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNh NWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMT g4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7 ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTEyIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZjYzYjFkND AtMzI4NC00NzkxLWIwM2YtYTA5YzBiYzk5YTE4XC9kZm4zeGFw LTBkNjg1ODQ3LTA4NTYtNGVjOS1iNWE0LWNhOTJmNmQyNmRhNS 5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9NzY4In1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpz ZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.PV_gjECEutFsE3 iI-n-g2-TO194SiGq8XZ1amTfOxM8

Psycho Ban
2024-05-27, 05:33 PM
I'm going to veto Glitchling.

Okay, then custom lineage flavoured as a martian-type character.

2024-05-27, 05:39 PM
WIP sheet for Dame Rose (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2910071).

Lioslaith
2024-05-27, 05:55 PM
What is our charges name then?

2024-05-27, 05:56 PM
Requesting some feat changes:

Source
Charger
Healer
Heavy Armor Master
Mobile
Observant

Source
Medic

JNAProductions
2024-05-27, 06:01 PM
Requesting some feat changes:

Source
Charger
Healer
Heavy Armor Master
Mobile
Observant

Source
Medic

Medic is fine.
Charger is not.
Healer is fine.
Heavy Armor Master is not.
Mobile is fine.
Observant is not.

So, yes: Medic, Healer, Mobile.
No: Charger, HAM, Observant.

2024-05-27, 06:12 PM
Are we...likely to level up?

JNAProductions
2024-05-27, 06:24 PM
Are we...likely to level up?

I plan on it.

JNAProductions
2024-05-28, 06:02 PM
Table request, please.

2024-05-28, 06:24 PM
Player
Character
Status

Dame Rose (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2910071)

Illven

Lioslaith
Ryland Windsong (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2909957)

Psycho Ban

samduke
Luna (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YIzAjQZmNmcTbXju8VaNPK7CbZyc5w1yoRaIvDdDjhA/edit#gid=359784640)

2024-05-28, 06:43 PM
First item is fairly simple. Lance +1, can be wielded one-handed even when not mounted, doesn't have disadvantage attacking adjacent. A bit better than the basic +1 weapon (uncommon), but not so much that I think it needs to be rare? Not sure what to call it...maybe Telescoping Lance? Maybe attunement, maybe not.

Second item is straightforward: a shield that gives me an extra reaction for each adjacent ally? Maybe those reactions can only be spent defensively, so it's not a huge offense boost. Bodyguard's Shield, Legionnaire's Shield, something like that. Best guess at rarity is probably VR? It doesn't feel quite cool enough for Legendary especially with no magic bonus breaking bounded accuracy, but rare feels pretty clearly too low. Feels like it should require attunement.

Third item is a set of plate armor that rewards me for healing. First thought: when I heal other people (actual healing directly from me, so handing a potion over doesn't count, resummoning my dragon doesn't count), I heal 1 HP. This has good out-of-combat synergy with things like Goodberry and Lay On Hands, but the "extra healing" gets way worse for me if I'm giving people big chunks in combat, so it mostly helps for out-of-combat healing which shouldn't be an issue. Alternatively, instead of healing 1 HP, I gain temp HP equal to...maybe half of what I healed the person for? And it lasts until depleted, and doesn't self-stack. So I'm encouraged to make myself a target to burn through temp HP, which I can then restore by healing an ally. Martyr's Plate, maybe attuned. Rarity...tbh I could see Rare or Very Rare. Assuming the two others are uncommon/VR, I'd be aiming for this one to be VR, so if you think what I've described is Rare, we could make it +1 plate with the healing thing to make it Very Rare?

JNAProductions
2024-05-28, 06:48 PM
Telescoping Lance feels fine. Compare to a +1 Whip-loses finesse, gains an average of 4 damage per hit. I'd say Uncommon with attunement AND no +1 (so -1 to-hit, +3 average damage compared to a whip), Rare if you want to give it +1 or no attunement.

Bodyguard's Shield... I think one extra reaction, for an attuned shield, is fair. Not one per adjacent ally. At Rare.

Healer's Plate... Let's do regain HP equal to half the healing provided, rounding up. +1 at Very Rare feels okay.

Illven
2024-05-28, 08:20 PM
Alright, I'll be playing a life cleric//shepard druid//conjurer wizard.

2024-05-28, 08:35 PM
Amulet Of Competence (uncommoner/attunement)
Gives +1 to AC and checks

This fine?

EDIT: Alternatively, a version of Staff Of Healing that can be attuned to by anybody, fluffed as a banner?

JNAProductions
2024-05-28, 09:15 PM
Alternatively, a version of Staff Of Healing that can be attuned to by anybody, fluffed as a banner?

That'd be fine with me.

Lioslaith
2024-05-29, 07:05 AM
Alright, I'll be playing a life cleric//shepard druid//conjurer wizard.

Nice! I like it.

EDIT: Any idea on a start time?

2024-06-03, 07:22 AM
Checking in since it's been a few days. This still happening?

JNAProductions
2024-06-03, 09:32 AM
Is the table up-to-date?

Lioslaith
2024-06-03, 12:50 PM
In terms of applicants I believe it is. As to the status most are probably awaiting a deadline.

JNAProductions
2024-06-03, 01:51 PM
No later than Friday.
Might make selections earlier, but if anyone isn't done by then, then they're not in.

samduke
2024-06-03, 04:20 PM
Is the table up-to-date?

In terms of applicants I believe it is. As to the status most are probably awaiting a deadline.

Player
Character
Status

Dame Rose (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2910071)

Illven

Lioslaith
Ryland Windsong (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2909957)

Psycho Ban

samduke
Luna (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YIzAjQZmNmcTbXju8VaNPK7CbZyc5w1yoRaIvDdDjhA/edit#gid=359784640)
complete

Stormwolf69
2024-06-03, 07:19 PM
Good luck to all I will be watching form the shadows. to bad things at work are as they are or I might make a sheet to unwind. lol. good luck and have fun all.

Lioslaith
2024-06-04, 06:26 AM
I might switch gears and do a paladin/warlock/sorcerer. Just to see how it turns out. He’d be a half elf.

EDIT: I assume the Inspiring Leader feat is okay?

Illven
2024-06-04, 12:57 PM
Alright. I have most of a sheet.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2912439

Lioslaith
2024-06-04, 01:13 PM
Are our likely enemies to be hoomans for the most part?

JNAProductions
2024-06-04, 01:16 PM
Are our likely enemies to be hoomans for the most part?

Humanoid. Not human.

Lioslaith
2024-06-04, 01:18 PM
Humanoid. Not human.

Ahhh understood. Mainly asking from a paladin aspect. Probably not fiends or undead? 👍🏼

EDIT: Could I use the sorcerer and warlock spell slots for smites?

TheAlmightyKue
2024-06-05, 08:00 PM
Damn just now saw this (don't change the forum super often) sounds cool. Good luck to everyone I guess.

JNAProductions
2024-06-05, 09:12 PM
Ahhh understood. Mainly asking from a paladin aspect. Probably not fiends or undead? 👍🏼

EDIT: Could I use the sorcerer and warlock spell slots for smites?

Yes.

Damn just now saw this (don't change the forum super often) sounds cool. Good luck to everyone I guess.

You got a day or two, so if you work fast, you’ve got a chance.

TheAlmightyKue
2024-06-05, 10:10 PM
Yes.

You got a day or two, so if you work fast, you’ve got a chance.

Ok I was thinking a Cleric (Twilight)//Monk (Shadow)//Druid (Moon) Tabaxi
Would Gloves of Soul Catching be ok for the Legendary Item its from Candlekeep Mysteries which is not on your list

JNAProductions
2024-06-05, 10:43 PM
Ok I was thinking a Cleric (Twilight)//Monk (Shadow)//Druid (Moon) Tabaxi
Would Gloves of Soul Catching be ok for the Legendary Item its from Candlekeep Mysteries which is not on your list

No. If I can’t legally get it, it’s not allowed.

If you feel like buying the book for me, then we can talk.

TheAlmightyKue
2024-06-05, 10:57 PM
No. If I can’t legally get it, it’s not allowed.

If you feel like buying the book for me, then we can talk.

Not sure where you would even buy it from. If an object has a 1d100 table on it. Would we roll that here for the item? I'm just curious I might just trade down the legendary.
Its on DnD beyond for like 23$. but I don't think I buy it as a gift for someone, or I don't know how.

JNAProductions
2024-06-05, 11:21 PM
Not sure where you would even buy it from. If an object has a 1d100 table on it. Would we roll that here for the item? I'm just curious I might just trade down the legendary.
Its on DnD beyond for like 23$. but I don't think I buy it as a gift for someone, or I don't know how.

That was a joke. I certainly don't expect you to drop twenty bucks on a forum game stranger!

Roll here.

TheAlmightyKue
2024-06-05, 11:25 PM
That was a joke. I certainly don't expect you to drop twenty bucks on a forum game stranger!

Roll here.

Oh, ok.

I'm still debating if I want to get the Pokeball Iron Flask

[roll0]

tonberrian
2024-06-05, 11:58 PM
Requesting Tavern Brawler update from here (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?526311-Remixes-Of-Existing-Mechanics).

What I wouldn't give for Baldur's Gate 3 Tavern Brawler, but that's broken as all get out.

JNAProductions
2024-06-06, 12:37 AM
Requesting Tavern Brawler update from here (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?526311-Remixes-Of-Existing-Mechanics).

What I wouldn't give for Baldur's Gate 3 Tavern Brawler, but that's broken as all get out.

No to Tavern Brawler buff.

Lioslaith
2024-06-06, 05:49 AM
Oh, ok.

I'm still debating if I want to get the Pokeball Iron Flask

[roll0]

I went at it from the perspective of we are on the run, we basically got thrust out of the castle in a rush, so whatever I might have packed around daily in my guard duties when war broke out is all I’d have.

JNAProductions
2024-06-06, 02:21 PM
If someone could update the table, that'd be greatly appreciated.

I have work soon, and it'll be late when I get home. So selections will occur in 18-24 hours.

Lioslaith
2024-06-06, 02:55 PM
I’ll have mine done tonight. I’m going with the paladin/warlock/sorcerer

tonberrian
2024-06-06, 04:08 PM
So a small request, as a monk, for an item that gives my unarmed strikes + attack and damage like a magic weapon. These exist in 5e, by the way, called Wraps of Unarmed Prowess, +1 Uncommon, +2 Rare, +3 Very Rare, no attunement, just like a regular weapon, they're just not technically in any of the books you listed, so I'm asking for them as a "homebrew" item instead.

JNAProductions
2024-06-06, 04:56 PM
So a small request, as a monk, for an item that gives my unarmed strikes + attack and damage like a magic weapon. These exist in 5e, by the way, called Wraps of Unarmed Prowess, +1 Uncommon, +2 Rare, +3 Very Rare, no attunement, just like a regular weapon, they're just not technically in any of the books you listed, so I'm asking for them as a "homebrew" item instead.

That’s allowed. :)

Lioslaith
2024-06-06, 05:01 PM

Don’t a monk attacks count as magical at this level anyway? Or are you just wanting the add to hit and damage?

tonberrian
2024-06-06, 05:18 PM
Just want the attack and damage bonus, yes.

tonberrian
2024-06-07, 12:18 AM
Mine "Giantsoul" Valu-Naga (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets//?id=2912824)

Mine (pronounced Mee-nay) is a figure forged in legend. Thirty years ago, this mountain-dweller attempted to conquer this kingdom, all on her lonesome, and made short work of every force sent against her until the Knight-Captain herself dealt Mine her first, and so far only, defeat in open combat. For the last thirty years since her defeat, Mine has served as a guardian of the kingdom as terms of her surrender, making raids past the Wall to find another that equaled her in strength. Not that it's been easy - eating as much as ten men tends to make the kitchen staff quake when she arrives, and her rowdiness when she finally manages to get drunk has left their own notable impacts on the kingdom's budget - but none have matched her sheer strength and size on the battlefield. And it is nigh impossible to sneak past her without her notice. Seeming just as young as when she first appeared, Mine's skill in combat is nigh-mythical and her flesh is as strong as fine steel, making her almost impossible to injure. She also hates injustice and always looks out for those weaker than her (literally everyone else). The only real threat to her friends is alcohol poisoning if they try to match her drink for drink.

Lioslaith
2024-06-07, 10:24 AM
Mine sounds interesting.

JNAProductions
2024-06-07, 11:52 AM
Alright.

Lioslaith
Illven
tonberrian

Report to the OOC Thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?668230-A-Kingdom-Overrun-OOC&p=26024587).