PDA

View Full Version : Filled Breakfast Cereal Mascots Werewolf!

Xihirli
2024-05-09, 04:42 PM
"Pop tarts have fruit flavors!" The toucan belted into the tiger's face.
"Oh, Sam, did you have to go behind enemy lines just to find that out?"
"And they're quite good! Tony, I tried their frosted wild berry and it was... simply divine!"
Tony the Tiger's eyes narrowed into the slits of a predator as he sized up Toucan Sam, suddenly stalking around the bird in circles, tail slowly moving back and forth.
"Sam... do you... like pop tarts?"
"Well, it's like I always say... follow your n-"

"Toucan Sam is not with us anymore," Captain Crunch informed the strike team. "And while we couldn't reprimand Tony for doing what had to be done, he absolutely had to be moved to a new outfit. He'll be joining you all on this mission. Understood?"
Three triplet elves glance at one another and speak to only each other in their private language of snaps, crackles, and pops.
"We see no problem."
A massive fuzzy creature with a head as big as a human torso, but no torso of its own, just arms and legs that came right out of its fuzzball head, cackled. "Me want honeycomb!"
An elderly man with small glasses and white hair pushed up said glasses to look over the tiger. "Fascinating. I look forward to seeing what he can do."

"Excellent! This is the most dangerous mission any of our operatives have ever attempted! Panda Elementary has ceased to feed its children sugary breakfast cereals every morning. Instead it offers things like... eggs. Oranges. Yogurt. Oatmeal!"
Gasps of alarm came from the three little elves. The fuzzy creature nearly went feral in rage. "HONEYCOMB! HONEYCOMB! HONEYCOMB!"
"That's not part of a balanced breakfast!" The elderly gentleman said, lifting up his abacus. "My calculations estimate that any breakfast must consist of no less than seventeen grams of sugar per bowl in order to make up a healthy diet for growing children." He pointed at Tony the Tiger. "He's just barely squeaking in! We want to aim for twice that amount to be safe!"

"Yes, your job is to get into the school administration and take care of as many of them as you need to until they reverse this decision."

"We shouldn't have a problem, Captain. Nothing is more important than making sure kids have a healthy, balanced breakfast including two thirds or more of the FDA recommended sugar allowance for a day," Tony assured him. "I'll sacrifice anything to make sure this gets done. Now, who are my companions?"

"Ah, yes. We're sending you in with Professor Wheeto, a chemistry expert who can turn everyday kitchen spices into a lethal poison."
"The secret is enough sugar to explode the heart of a rhinoceros!"
"Crazy Craving. We're not quite sure what he is, but if a person desires honeycomb enough, the spirit of Crazy Craving overtakes them and they turn into... this." Captain Crunch gestured to the furry monster.
It cackled. "Honeycomb!"
"Snap, Crackle, and Pop. An elite team of quadruplets all on their own. They can get into small spaces and have their own coded language. Essential for covert operations."
"Quadruplets?" Tony counted. "I only see three."
"We don't talk about Pow," the three elves recited in unison.
"Well... let's roll, team."

The game is played in turns that consist of two different phases.
There's a day phase that happens from dawn ‘til dusk in game. This period typically lasts 48 hours. During this time all the players try to decide who the bad guys are by voting for them. Votes are done in red text. You may change your vote if you wish, in which case, you should edit your previous post and strike-through your previous vote. Once the day has ended, whoever has the most votes is removed from the game (Lynched). In the event of a tie, common practice is to lynch whichever player reached that number of votes first.

The next phase is the night phase, which lasts from dusk ‘til dawn. This phase typically lasts 24 hours. During this phase, the Mascots choose their kill via PM to the narrator(s).

After time's up, the narrators will post the opening of the following Day Scene and it starts all over again.
This continues until either A) all of the Mascots are destroyed by the School -or- B) the Mascots reduce the total number of School players to equal their own.

That's right, this is a game of Vanilla Werewolf, meaning there are NO power roles in the game. Everyone can vote, wolves can kill. The end.

Players:
bladescape
BookWombat
Caedorus
Corncobweb
Illven
JeenLeen
Snowblaze
TheHalfAasimar

Alternates:
3SecondCultist

2024-05-09, 06:36 PM
In.

Also, while it won't be too helpful for this game (mostly mattering for wolves/deadchat), we've got an unofficial WW/Mafia discord (https://discord.gg/nnj5yyfGa9) now. :smallsmile:

corncobweb
2024-05-09, 06:44 PM
This will be my first game of vanilla werewolf, possibly ever!

Illven
2024-05-09, 11:06 PM
I am in.

If I am a wolf. I AM BEING UNFAIRLY NERFED BY THE LACK OF POWER ROLES FOR ME TO SHOOT. :smalltongue:

Book Wombat
2024-05-10, 03:31 AM
Breaking our fast with this one.

Caedorus
2024-05-10, 06:54 AM
*eats pop tart* I'm in.
EDIT: Do we have a game start estimate yet?

Snowblaze
2024-05-10, 09:35 AM
In.

I still don't have time for this game, but intensity levels should be more manageable in about-two-weeks.

Xihirli
2024-05-10, 10:27 AM
*eats pop tart* I'm in.
EDIT: Do we have a game start estimate yet?

In.

I still don't have time for this game, but intensity levels should be more manageable in about-two-weeks.

Two weeks!

JeenLeen
2024-05-13, 03:16 PM
I'm in.
Due to changing work situation, this will probably be my last game for a while.

bladescape
2024-05-13, 10:47 PM
Cereal games, they really pop off. (in)

TheHalfAasimar
2024-05-14, 03:43 PM
Can I play? never played Werewolf/mafia before.

Xihirli
2024-05-14, 03:59 PM

Absolutely you may! Welcome to werewolf!

Caedorus
2024-05-14, 04:40 PM
If you would like anything explained feel free to ask! The next person who reads your post will usually explain.

TheHalfAasimar
2024-05-14, 04:43 PM
If you would like anything explained feel free to ask! The next person who reads your post will explain.

I mean, I'm pretty sure I know how it works. I've been stalking the Danganronpa Mafia thread for a while, and I know how Among Us works, so I'm pretty sure I get the gist of it! Note: I don't have Discord, so keep that in mind.

Xihirli
2024-05-14, 07:46 PM
I wasn't really sure I was gonna do a discord anyway; the great thing about vanilla WW is we can do it with just PMs without loading up my mailbox.

TheHalfAasimar
2024-05-14, 09:33 PM
I wasn't really sure I was gonna do a discord anyway; the great thing about vanilla WW is we can do it with just PMs without loading up my mailbox.

That's great!

2024-05-14, 09:59 PM

How are the wolves gonna communicate with each other to strategize? Just PMs then?

Xihirli
2024-05-15, 05:51 AM
Quite possibly.

Batcathat
2024-05-15, 03:02 PM
There was that replacement for QT we found, that I used in my Dresden Files game. What was it called? X-something, I think? Though it did have some issues, from what I remember.

As for this game, I think I'll either be a spectator or possible replacement, we'll see.

JeenLeen
2024-05-16, 10:52 PM
All the below is sincere, but meant in good fun.

That's right, this is a game of Vanilla Werewolf, meaning there are NO power roles in the game. Everyone can vote, wolves can kill. The end.

I want to ask if we can trust this statement.
But if this is a bastard game wherein the narrator is lying about this, then asking does not good.
If it's not a bastard game and we can trust it, well, getting confirmation won't alleviate paranoia.

How are the wolves gonna communicate with each other to strategize? Just PMs then?

Quite possibly.

I had the fear of a bastard game from reading the opening post, but dismissed it.
But this exchange makes me more nervous.

Theory percolating.
A bastard game where the Narrator isn't lying?
If I'm right and I state my guess publicly, it ruins the fun.
Eh, I'll wait until game starts.

Xihirli
2024-05-17, 07:20 AM
No bastardry. I just want to run a werewolf game where I don’t have to keep track of fifty night actions all the time.

JeenLeen
2024-05-17, 03:13 PM
No bastardry. I just want to run a werewolf game where I don’t have to keep track of fifty night actions all the time.

I can respect and emphasize with that perspective.

Cazero
2024-05-18, 09:30 AM
I just want to run a werewolf game where I don’t have to keep track of fifty night actions all the time.
Alas, one can only dream.

TheHalfAasimar
2024-05-18, 02:58 PM
Who's excited to play? I am!

Caedorus
2024-05-19, 08:51 AM
Who's excited to play? I am!
Me too!
EDIT: I already welcomed you didn't I? Welcome!

TheHalfAasimar
2024-05-20, 02:28 PM
Me too!
EDIT: I already welcomed you didn't I? Welcome!

Thanks! Although I think you did welcome me, but always glad!

TheHalfAasimar
2024-05-20, 02:42 PM
Oh wait, I'm going on a vacation in a couple of days for a week, so please keep that in mind for if I'm not very active. Sorry, my family just told me about it, and I wanted to spend some time with them. I'm still going to play (when I come back, and for a day or two when it starts)

Xihirli
2024-05-21, 01:39 PM
There was that replacement for QT we found, that I used in my Dresden Files game. What was it called? X-something, I think? Though it did have some issues, from what I remember.

As for this game, I think I'll either be a spectator or possible replacement, we'll see.

Yes, we’ll be using Xoyondo for the wolf chat, though I’ll keep the dead chat in the Discord in the interest of maintaining it for posterity.

Xihirli
2024-05-22, 06:14 AM
I’ve got work, then stopping at the tax collector, then I’ll get the new thread together, and we’ll start once I get confirmation that everyone knows their roles.
Speaking of, should clear out the inbox.

Batcathat
2024-05-22, 09:59 AM
That probably means I should make up my mind, huh? I think I'll be a spectator since I'll probably be busy-ish in the near future.

Xihirli
2024-05-22, 07:22 PM
RECRUITMENT CLOSED

I'll be creating the opening post and assigning roles. At RAAAANDOM!

Xihirli
2024-05-22, 08:01 PM
Everyone SHOULD have a role PM. If you do not, send me a PM please.

TheHalfAasimar
2024-05-22, 09:45 PM
I"m so excited!!!

Book Wombat
2024-05-23, 12:53 PM
The game has started! (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?667820)

Caedorus
2024-06-01, 06:47 PM
The game has ended! The wolves have won!