PDA

View Full Version : Game Help

Rama_Lei
2007-12-16, 08:39 PM
Alright, I'm looking for game ideas for Christmas lits. I'm a big fan of RPG's but don't like games that get too repetitive. I like a good mix of both action and RPG elements. I love a good story, and good art is always appreciated. any suggestions?

Mr. Mud
2007-12-16, 09:50 PM
You just asked for alot, my friend. I'd look Here. (http://www.gamespot.com/search.html?type=11&stype=all&tag=search%3Bbutton&om_act=convert&om_clk=search&qs=RPG%27s) If you have not yet been to Gamespot.com, your missing out on alot... Good luck :smallcool:

Ronsian
2007-12-16, 10:05 PM
Knights of the Old Republic, Baldur's Gate 2. Diablo 2 might get repetitive for you, Bioshock is supposed to be good. Icewind Dale is good if you like Baldur's gate 2. Anyway, hope that helps.

Xefas
2007-12-16, 10:10 PM
Alright, I'm looking for game ideas for Christmas lits. I'm a big fan of RPG's but don't like games that get too repetitive. I like a good mix of both action and RPG elements. I love a good story, and good art is always appreciated. any suggestions?

What platforms do you have?

If you've got a PSP, then Final Fantasy Tactics all the way.

Istari
2007-12-24, 11:44 AM
Heros of Might and Magic 5 is a great computer game.

Narkis
2007-12-24, 12:09 PM
Knights of the Old Republic, Baldur's Gate 2. Diablo 2 might get repetitive for you, Bioshock is supposed to be good. Icewind Dale is good if you like Baldur's gate 2. Anyway, hope that helps.

I second everything this good man said. Other than Bioshock, which is too much FPS for my liking.

I'd also recommend the Neverwinter Nights series, especially the second one. They're both very good games, but #2 is more focused to the single-player campaign, which is far better than #1's.

Gaelbert
2007-12-24, 12:44 PM
Knights of the Old Republic and Neverwinter Nights are both beautiful games, I highly recommend them. The sequels, unfortunately, I do not find to be as good, but KotOR 2 is also a good game.
I also enjoy playing classic RPGs, like the first few Final Fantasies, Tales of Phantasia. If you have a DS or a GBA you can get them for not too much money, I believe.
And, once again, if you have a DS I highly recommend The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass. Very good game.

Archonic Energy
2007-12-24, 12:47 PM
Knights of the Old Republic and Neverwinter Nights are both beautiful games, I highly recommend them. The sequels, unfortunately, I do not find to be as good,

and what do the first 2 and the second 2 have in common?:smallwink:

bluish_wolf
2007-12-25, 12:51 PM
and what do the first 2 and the second 2 have in common?:smallwink:

The sequels were both made by Obsidian, while the originals were from Bioware?

Attilargh
2007-12-25, 02:37 PM
Jade Empire is nice, although your tactics are somewhat unlikely to change. Which is kind of a bummer, considering how much fighting that game has. Still, a great game.

Also, how in the Nine Hells has no-one mentioned the Fallouts yet? Seriously, guys! And where is Planescape: Torment?

Also, I second the Baldur's Gates and Knights of the Old Republic. Ohh, such great games. Icewind Dale II isn't bad, either, although it's a bit more hacky-slashy than BG. Didn't much like the first, though.

Witcher seems promising, but I'm not very far yet.