PDA

View Full Version : V: Male or Female

Marlock94
2007-12-16, 10:13 PM
I have NO idea which V is, so I am just curious. :smallsmile:

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-12-16, 10:20 PM
V is what you want V to be. To V or not to V. V afraid. V very afraid.

V is True Neutral. V goes both ways. V goes ALL ways.

There is no answer. V's gender was Captain Kirk's alternative question to confuse the M-5 Computer, in case there really is an end to the value of pi.

I hope this has been a helpful answer. :smallbiggrin:

The Extinguisher
2007-12-16, 10:25 PM
V is an aboleth with ADD. Can't commit to a gender.

Madmal
2007-12-16, 10:26 PM
oh, dear gods, another one of this threads?

Icewalker
2007-12-16, 10:32 PM
Hey, at least it isn't someone with 'proof'.

Nobody knows, it's a secret, a joke, and about 1/3rd of the new members on the forum's first thread is about it.

RationalGoblin
2007-12-16, 10:39 PM
Hey, at least it isn't someone with 'proof'.

Nobody knows, it's a secret, a joke, and about 1/3rd of the new members on the forum's first thread is about it.

Heck, its practically a ritual to get in to GiTP now! :smalltongue:

Amon Hen
2007-12-16, 10:40 PM
Dude there is a topic about this like 5 topics down from this. :smallwink:
(Would it kill people to see if what they're about to post has already been posted?):smalltongue:

bluish_wolf
2007-12-16, 10:42 PM
Maybe we would have less of these questions if the FAQs link were more obvious instead of being buried under News.

Amon Hen
2007-12-16, 10:42 PM
Maybe we would have less of these questions if the FAQs link were more obvious instead of being buried under News.

That's a good point.

Icewalker
2007-12-16, 10:47 PM
Well, even if they have a question, people may not try to check the faq first.

NikkTheTrick
2007-12-16, 10:56 PM
I have NO idea which V is, so I am just curious. :smallsmile:

Do you know what cans of worms starting such threads opens.

Ok, V's gender does not go as derailed as Miko's alignment, but still:smallmad:

BRC
2007-12-16, 11:17 PM
I said it before, there are 2 V's, one male, one female, they are otherwise identical, and they switch out between panels using magic/elven ninja skillz.

BRC
2007-12-16, 11:20 PM
I said it before, there are 2 V's, one male, one female, they are otherwise identical, and they switch out between panels using magic/elven ninja skillz.

idrial10
2007-12-16, 11:56 PM
i always thought that V was a guy... it always stuck in my mind that the only girl in OOTS was Haley.:smallbiggrin:

zibeck
2007-12-17, 12:00 AM
V is neither. Like a certain cat, V's gender is indeterminant until the Giant decides to "open the box."

David Argall
2007-12-17, 12:01 AM
V's sex is indeterminate. It has been questioned, possibly since #3 whether she was female or he was male, certainly since #11 or so. At that point, it became clear that there was more fun in the question than the answer. So she became male or he became female. Continued uncertainity is certain.

Icewalker
2007-12-17, 01:50 AM
Actually, I didn't realize there was any debate until reaching comic 306 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0306.html) in which a wizard refers to V as 'he.' Until then I had always assumed V was female. I think it may be because V and Haley room together, while the three guys room together when staying in inns (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0123.html). Stuff like that.

monty
2007-12-17, 01:50 AM
V is neither. Like a certain cat, V's gender is indeterminant until the Giant decides to "open the box."

Damn you, Schrodinger!

Also, in that context, "open the box" sounds a little too much like a euphemism.

ref
2007-12-17, 02:51 AM
Especially because of the quote marks, hehe.

This is obvioulsy TTTWND here. Every board must have a couple of these.

Tass
2007-12-17, 05:27 AM
Actually, I didn't realize there was any debate until reaching comic 306 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0306.html) in which a wizard refers to V as 'he.' Until then I had always assumed V was female. I think it may be because V and Haley room together, while the three guys room together when staying in inns (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0123.html). Stuff like that.

Heh.

Thats the comic that introduced me to the OOTS, because someone spammed our mailing list with a "Now we know what gender V is" mail.

But there has been several refferences to V's gender, both before and after.

I personally suport the elven-ninja-gender theory. See signature, or a post further up in this thread.

Anteros
2007-12-17, 05:36 AM
I only came into the thread to laugh at the people who try to act superior in these threads....and now I'm dissapointed because most of you were entirely reasonable and helpful.

Stop restoring my faith in humanity darnit.

Willahad
2007-12-17, 08:25 AM
V's gender is just like MITD's and Sabine's race. We will never know

jeffreyac
2007-12-17, 08:37 AM
Ya know, I agree with everyone else who has said it's sort of whatever you want it to be...

For me, personally (and this is ONLY my opinion, and not proof in any way, shape, or form!) V is a girl. 'Cause she stayed in Haley's room with her, way way back when they split the party into girls and guys and stayed in the inn (comic 123) :smallsmile: However, note they never SAY they're dividing up the party into guys and girls - just that Haley says, V, you're with me...

So, make of that what you wish.

My TRUE opinion is as other posters have mentioned - the gender changes whenever it's funny, or essential to part of the storyline. And it will continue to do so... :smallamused:

OK, now I've posted in a "What's V's Gender Thread" and can now feel like my inclusion in the forums is complete :smallcool:

EDIT: eh, beaten to the punch by Icewalker.... :) Oh, well!

rxmd
2007-12-17, 08:54 AM
Is that also why they post twice in a row?
:smallbiggrin:

Crimson Avenger
2007-12-17, 09:11 AM
I also came to see what one more V thread had to offer. I am likewise disappointed in the lack of curmudgeoning going on. This is a V's gender thread people not a democratic presidential debate. Let's see a little less love and a whole lot more animosity here

The Extinguisher
2007-12-17, 09:19 AM
*knocks Crimson Avenger upside the head*
I'm right and your wrong despite any evidence validating either side's arguement!

Better?

jeffreyac
2007-12-17, 09:35 AM
I suspect it's because the holidays are coming up... Everyone is on their best behavior, don't wanna get put on that 'naughty' list this late in the game... :smalleek:

Peace, love, goodwill, you know the drill... :smallsmile:

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-12-17, 09:35 AM
Fine. We'll do it your way.

V is female! Sabine said so, and she's a succubus and knows thses kind of things! Plus V and Haley room together! Chicks room with chicks, dudes room with dudes! :smallfurious:

And to self counter-argue:

Every time Rich slips up, Rich says "he" or "him!" Rich intended V to be male, but switched to Neutral for the forums! V is a guy, he's just gay! :smallfurious:

So there you go. All the stupid "Proof" you need to argue your point, either way. :smallbiggrin:

(Yes, I know how to spell "these," but I left the misspelling in on purpose to confuse the Grammar Police)

Marlock94
2007-12-17, 09:40 AM
... ummmm, ok.....My opinion is that he is a guy, but whatever.

monty
2007-12-17, 11:01 AM
I'm personally going to stick with the "V's gender is True Neutral" idea.

FrostXian
2007-12-17, 01:16 PM
V goes both ways. V goes ALL ways.

That's kind of hot.

Marlock94
2007-12-17, 09:31 PM
That's kind of hot.

THATS kind of creepy! :smallamused:

Darke
2007-12-18, 05:04 AM
Frost is right though...

And V is a state of mind.

Marlock94
2007-12-18, 09:31 AM
a whatnow? :smallconfused:

isocum
2007-12-18, 11:46 AM
my theory on that matter(i dont know if it's suggested before, but since there are to many threads to check, i'll go on):

on sod spoilers i read that gobbos created as cannon fodders. maybe elves were created as sexy npcs to be quest giving maidens, damsels in distress etc. since sex driven people are mostly men, elves are designed as sexy females, like cannon fodder goblins are ugly to fit in their role. to make them able to reproduce, they just created the same elves with switched genitalia, hence elven males have an androgynous look. later they promoted elves to pc possible race, probably after they create their gods. so V is a young male in elven standarts, and thats why lirian has a defined gender.

FujinAkari
2007-12-18, 12:40 PM
on sod spoilers i read that gobbos created as cannon fodders. maybe elves were created as sexy npcs to be quest giving maidens, damsels in distress etc.

SoD proves this to be false. Elves were one of the original races, built to be adventuring classes.

Duckhaunter
2007-12-18, 05:59 PM
V Gender is your choice

Marlock94
2007-12-18, 06:05 PM
ok... that really isn't the answer i wanted.

CabbageTheif
2007-12-18, 06:37 PM
my theory on the matter is that it, with 'c' squared, is equal to energy

and the first rule of v is we dont talk about v
the second rule of v is that we dont talk about v

these rules are broken too often

Kish
2007-12-18, 06:43 PM
ok... that really isn't the answer i wanted.
Really, the FAQ has the answer to this.

Marlock94
2007-12-18, 08:10 PM
Really, the FAQ has the answer to this.

seriously? i didn't know...

Kish
2007-12-18, 08:29 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/FAQ.html#faq10

Marlock94
2007-12-18, 08:37 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/FAQ.html#faq10

:smallannoyed: :smallannoyed: :smallannoyed: . That is SO not the answer i am looking for. :smallannoyed: :smallannoyed: :smallannoyed:

bluelight
2011-05-12, 09:31 AM
V is Male please refer back to the comic were he takes on the "Dark guys" offer to be joined with other wizards (soul splice).

He does it to rescue his WIFE