PDA

View Full Version : Dracolyte and Friend

Psycho Ban
2024-05-17, 01:46 PM
I've recently been looking at dracolyte and the vagueness of the Foster Dragon feature, so here is abuse of Foster Dragon taken to the logical extreme.

Basically, a neutral dracolyte, once they hit level five, can take a time dragon wyrmling as a companion. As suggested by Inevitability, purchase a dorje of quintessence and invest points in UPD until you can make a DC 20 check reasonably often, to prevent death by adventuring. Coat yourself in quintessence to keep yourself frozen for 2,4001 years. Alternatively, be a warforged, buy a type II bag of holding, and sit in it for 2,4001 years. Then, simply tell your new draconic child to, in 2,4001 years, return to this point in time using their Time Apotheosis ability to move through the time stream, and there you have it, if my estimations are correct, a pet Greatwyrm Time Dragon.

Inevitability
2024-05-17, 02:04 PM
I like your thinking, but I can see an argument against it. "The wyrmling follows the dracolyte loyally" is load-bearing for this order to work. However, this line stems from a class feature - presumably, once you die (and lose that class feature) the wyrmling will no longer be bound by your commands.

So just to be sure, add a step where you precommit to freeze yourself in quintessence and then put the container somewhere secure: a properly warded container in a geologically stable area should be able to stay there undisturbed for 24000 years. That said, if you die while adventuring it might cause the dragon to vanish in a puff of logic.

Psycho Ban
2024-05-17, 02:16 PM
I like your thinking, but I can see an argument against it. "The wyrmling follows the dracolyte loyally" is load-bearing for this order to work. However, this line stems from a class feature - presumably, once you die (and lose that class feature) the wyrmling will no longer be bound by your commands.

So just to be sure, add a step where you precommit to freeze yourself in quintessence and then put the container somewhere secure: a properly warded container in a geologically stable area should be able to stay there undisturbed for 24000 years. That said, if you die while adventuring it might cause the dragon to vanish in a puff of logic.

Good idea. I'll add that. Or be a warforged and just sit in a type II bag of holding for 24001 years and hope nobody opens it.