PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Domains

Icewalker
2007-12-17, 01:15 AM
I'm writing up a very major god for my campaign world, but I need to find the right fitting domains.

Basically a god who is represented by the sun, and is overall the god of life, time, and fire. In the SRD there is a fire and, handily enough, a sun domain.

But the closest you can get to a more general 'life' is healing, which I may have to go with.

How about time though? Is there a time domain of some kind?

Kizara
2007-12-17, 01:19 AM
I'm writing up a very major god for my campaign world, but I need to find the right fitting domains.

Basically a god who is represented by the sun, and is overall the god of life, time, and fire. In the SRD there is a fire and, handily enough, a sun domain.

But the closest you can get to a more general 'life' is healing, which I may have to go with.

How about time though? Is there a time domain of some kind?

Yes, its in the Spell compendium.

Also, what's your god's alignment? If he's neutral good, include Good in his domains.

I'm also fairly sure there's a Nature domain somewhere.

Icewalker
2007-12-17, 01:25 AM
I'm not sure about the alignment.

I think that the alignment of the god is unknown to the people. (In my campaign world the gods are far less direct in their interference with the material plane, to the point where it is mutually agreed that they exist and act, but little is known about them)

So no alignment domains I think.

Found the time domain on WotC site. Thanks.

Now I need to find or make a life domain. Anybody know of one?

kpenguin
2007-12-17, 01:27 AM
Well, I use Healing and Creation for my sun-god of life.

Karsh
2007-12-17, 01:30 AM
There is a Life domain in the Eberron Campaign Setting.

Icewalker
2007-12-17, 01:31 AM
I'm not sure about healing. Creation seems more objects than life-based.

I can't really define what I'm looking for very well. More the idea of life than healing or preservation of life. Living things and souls.

kpenguin
2007-12-17, 01:43 AM
Well, Eberron's life domain deals with healing, battling the undead, and just bringing life to things.

Icewalker
2007-12-17, 02:04 AM
Hmmm sounds interesting. I may get the Eberron Campaign Setting soon, there is some good stuff in it.

Guildorn Tanaleth
2007-12-17, 02:14 AM
May I refer you to parts 1 & 2 of the mega-list of domains? No? Well, I'm going to do it anyway.

http://forums.gleemax.com/showpost.php?p=4919897
http://forums.gleemax.com/showpost.php?p=4919900