PDA

View Full Version : Monster Information/Creation

Tyrmatt
2007-12-17, 11:48 AM
Hey.
I'm trying to find/create a monster that would serve as a lietenant to a BBEG. I'm looking for it to be a sort've monstrous humanoid, intelligent, swift and the true bonus points come from anyone who can find me a creature like that with a bladed tail that it can use for an extra attack/to block attacks. I'm guessing it would be vaugely arachnid in nature but apart from that I've no idea if any such thing exists.
If not, how would I go about creating one? I'd estimate an approximate party of five all around level 10 when they face off against him in the final fight, if that helps.

bugsysservant
2007-12-17, 12:15 PM
Just Awaken a medium or large monstrous scorpion and give it class levels as necessary. Very simple.

SoD
2007-12-17, 12:17 PM
Hey.
I'm trying to find/create a monster that would serve as a lietenant to a BBEG. I'm looking for it to be a sort've monstrous humanoid, intelligent, swift and the true bonus points come from anyone who can find me a creature like that with a bladed tail that it can use for an extra attack/to block attacks. I'm guessing it would be vaugely arachnid in nature but apart from that I've no idea if any such thing exists.
If not, how would I go about creating one? I'd estimate an approximate party of five all around level 10 when they face off against him in the final fight, if that helps.

The Chitine from the Underdark book covers most of these points...arachnid...monsterous humanoid...four arms, which'll make the extra attacks...they also get multi-weapon fighting as a bonus feat...intelligent: +2 int...swift: +2 dex...it has a few levels in monsterous humanoid, but then just give it player class levels for flavour.

Amiria
2007-12-17, 12:48 PM
How about Scorpionfolk (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/scorpionfolk.htm) ?

Tyrmatt
2007-12-17, 07:58 PM
Bless you Amiria, I can convert that pretty easily. Thanks!