PDA

View Full Version : *Gulp* Bunji Jumping without The Rope!

ShadowyFigure
2007-12-17, 01:38 PM
Well, After Christmas im running a campaign with my RL group. An epic Campaign starting at level 30 and ending at level 40. Thing is. I have never run epic. I have dmed times before but not epic and was hoping for tips.

Here is the intro

The cell was lit by a single dim red light coming from the grill above. Your head has a dull ache to it and your ears are filled by the screams of those being tortured in the 5th hell. You had been bound here trapped by the Nine Balor Lords who wished for you to meddle with their plans no more. And so you are to live eternity being tortured everyday then left in the same old cell the next. That was how you thought it would always be until you began to speak with the others. Now after a few weeks of planning you hoped to escape and bring down the nine once and for all. But you would only have one chance and that chance was to be today.

Every 30,000 years a tournament is held between the nine Balor lords best prisoners and there four of you have been chosen to compete in a great arena the four of you with the power you held returned to you. In a tournament that will require wits, reflexes and skill that match know others. As promised if you win you will returned to the mortal realm during the time frame you were stolen from and all your memories will be returned to you. And though you wish it was true you know that the balor lords speak know truth and so now you wish to escape. To another plane if needs be. All you know is all teleporting effects or plane shifting abilities will be unusable in the arena until right after the last match and so the spell caster of your group must be prepared for that moment. Brace your selves. Soon the tournament will begin.

Basicly after the tournament the players escape and begin to form an army amongst the planes. But im not sure how I should do the hireing. Im hoping to use the epic leadership feat with each of the the three players recieving it as a bonus feat but im not sure if this will work. I will be providing adventures that by using a squad from their army (They'll play as these throughout the campaign going on small missions such as going into cities and looking for recruits or asking help from divine sources such as gods).

Also all equipment for the army will have to be forged and I really dont know how to manage it all.

PLEASE HELP ME :)

Fenix_of_Doom
2007-12-17, 01:58 PM
Every 30,000 years a tournament is held between the nine Balor lords best prisoners and there four of you have been chosen to compete in a great arena the four of you with the power you held returned to you. In a tournament that will require wits, reflexes and skill that match know others. As promised if you win you will returned to the mortal realm during the time frame you were stolen from and all your memories will be returned to you. And though you wish it was true you know that the balor lords speak know truth and so now you wish to escape. To another plane if needs be. All you know is all teleporting effects or plane shifting abilities will be unusable in the arena until right after the last match and so the spell caster of your group must be prepared for that moment. Brace your selves. Soon the tournament will begin.

Some things confused me in your story, first you speak of nine balor lords, now balors are demons, the nine are the lords of hell, was there a mix up or are you playing in a different setting then the standard D&D universe, this is mostly important so that everybody knows who your fighting.

Second, I assumed you meant "the balor lords speak no truth" it would make a lot more sense

Other then that, casters win D&D, especially epic D&D, so get lots of wizards and some druids/planar shepherd(for cheese) or clerics.

Draz74
2007-12-17, 02:32 PM
Ban Epic Spellcasting, or re-write it so it's a lot more specific and slightly limited.

mostlyharmful
2007-12-17, 02:39 PM
Get ready for a lot of rules lawyering, at those levels any cheese is optional, any build is open, and alllll dirty tricks can be done with pocket change. Plus you get interactions between every spell, status effect and type.

In all seriousness it can be a lot of fun so long as your players dont push it and fights tend to last one round at most.:smallfrown:

ShadowyFigure
2007-12-17, 03:56 PM
Non standard D&D.

The Balors are the lords of hell in my campaign.

Ok. Yeh i think im gonna let the players have Leadership. And when they allie they will with aristocrats and stuff who also have leadership