PDA

View Full Version : Eberron - First Inn, First Out



Pages : 1 [2] 3

Randel
2008-01-12, 05:49 PM
Carmot

The warforged blinks, finding himself back in his room.

"So... it was all just a dream."

The magically animated construct of wood and metal stops at this. The glowing gems that serve as his eyes flicker a little as if he was blinking.

"Wait a second... I don't dream!"

He quietly packs up his things and then does a quick diagnostics check on himself to make certain that he is in good condition.

Once he is done he opens the door of his room and walks into the hallway to see how things are in the inn.

WillWolf
2008-01-12, 07:28 PM
Richard:

Richard was asleep in his bed, sweaty and shaken. What an awful, awful dream, but in truth he didn't really think much of it. Dreams were weird and there was nothing to be said about it really, and because Richard had no other explination for the experience - it must have been a dream, a weird dream, but a dream, and so life-like too. He shuddered.

Richard got down onto the floor, got onto his knees, and offered his thanks to the flame quickly but with devotion and passion. It was morning and time to do the work of helping others in their destruction of evil. Thankfully there would be no evil rodents to destroy. He chuckled to himself, albit nervously.

"Weasels"

He placed on his clothing and his armor, strapped on his belt and sheith and walked out the door with his pack on. He walks into the hallway and stops when he saw the warforged.

"Carmot?!" He says somewhat loudly. His face was quite gray, "But you were a dream!"

Suzuro
2008-01-12, 07:39 PM
He woke up startled. He rolled over and fell out of his bed, more then a little bit shaken, and began to cough for several minutes.

Well...that was odd...I...I don't usually have dreams..especially not ones that....bizarre! He said, still on the floor.


He stood up, slowly looking himself over, seeing that there was not a mark on him, he raised his head, now very confused, and walked over to his gear.

Well...I guess it really must have been a dream, no damage, nothing to say it was anything but.....

With those words still on his tongue, he grabbed his things and prepared for the day, cursing slightly under his breath, and thanking all of his ancestors that it was just a dream. All of them, not just the recent ones...


Heh....weasels, stupid...stupid weasels....


And with that he opened his door and walked into the hallway, almost expecting there to be not a soul in sight...



-Suzuro

Randel
2008-01-12, 08:47 PM
Carmot

"A dream? I'm afraid I don't remember being in a dream before."

"Though I do remember something about us spending last night getting attacked by small black rodent creatures in this inn while a strange impenetrable mist surrounded everything and prevented our escape. We also spent the night in the cellar where the a weird glow surrounded everything."

He thinks for a second. "Oh, and I must say I found a very interesting flower outside in the garden. Its like a rose but blue... and no thorns."

He thinks again. "Though... I wonder... does Father Porter have that cage I made up?"

WillWolf
2008-01-12, 09:46 PM
Richard:

Richard really didn't hear anything. The warforged's mouth was moving, but all he heard was some sort of mumbling. Richard's eyes went cross-eyed, he swayed from each side to side, side to side, and had a distinctly green look to his face. He collapsed to the floor, blacking out, but the shock of falling down must have awoke him.

"Gah!" He sat up imedietly and began to get himself up.

Theli
2008-01-13, 04:49 AM
The hallway seems relatively peaceful. If you exit to the central room, you'll see that it is business as usual in the First Inn. Breakfast is being served for those willing to pay for it.

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-13, 09:00 PM
Father Porter

Upon waking, feeling odd at that strange, yet realistic dream, especially with having used spells in his dream, he goes about his morning prayers, and puts on his gear. Surely there was an explanation for this. Maybe he saw those folks in the common room the night before. Maybe the names his mind assigned to those folks were names he had heard. Who knows. Either way, that was odd.

I head downstairs after washing up and getting my things on and ready. Upon seeing Richard, Carmot, Syd, and Aelodin talking in the hall, I say:

"Ahh...well met, strangers. We must have met in the dining hall last evening. You wouldn't believe the odd dream I had with you all in it! The mind is an odd thing, it is. For the life of me, I'll never look at a weasle the same way again...oh, yeah, you weren't there. That was in my dream. Well, my the shadowy weasle overlords in my dream forgive me for killing one of their humble servants."

I wait to see if they give me looks of recognition or looks like they think I'm completely out of my mind.

WillWolf
2008-01-14, 05:09 AM
Richard

He got himself up now. The idea that that horrible experience was not a dream began to settle in and he was returning to his usual self. He felt like he had a good sleep even if that shared nightmare-esque experience was over. Then Father Porter came down and asked them a rather weird statement and Richard didn't particularly get the meta-question attached to the statement.

"Father Porter that wasn't a dream." He said in a low voice, sincere. He had never actually freaked out in the dream experience, but the fact that it was not a dream was really bothersome to him.

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-14, 08:25 AM
Father Porter

"Hmm...I was wondering that. I was just wanting to be sure that I was not crazy, and to do so, someone would have had to catch my weasle refrence."

I go downstairs with my new friends and get some breakfast.

OOC: Richard, not sure which meta-question you are referring to. If you are referring to the shadowy weasle overlord statement, I did say almost that exact thing when we were trying to 'rest/sleep' and the thing woke up:

"All right, 'Oh Shadow Weasle Overlord,' you shall be fed, for no other reason than for study, and now, I shall leave you in silence."

I put some leftover trail rations inside the 'cage' (meaning, I drop it through the top grate), and use the extra blankets and pillows to muffle his shrill cries.
I summarily go back to bed.

GimliFett
2008-01-14, 04:11 PM
Sydian d'Kundarak

With an irritated scowl on his face, the dwarf speaks for the first time since rejoining the others. "Bah! I've no experience with such things! Was it a warning from some power to be wary of blood-sucking mustelidae? There must've been some purpose behind it! I really am goin' to have to get in touch with Da for some trainin' on tha magical side o' things," Syd adds in a manner that's difficult to read.

Fully armed and armored, he seems ready -- and possibly eager -- to face something tangible. "Let's get some grub. I'm starvin'!"

Suzuro
2008-01-14, 04:18 PM
As he walked out into the hall, he was in an odd mood already, this was in no way aided when he saw his dreams standing in the hallway...



N..No! You're not real! None of you are real! Lalaa! This is all fake, you're all just part of my imagination! I know you're not real, so it doesn't matter what I do! And with that, he walked into the common area to fetch some food. He was absolutely starving..



-Suzuro

Randel
2008-01-14, 08:20 PM
Carmot

Hearing the reactions of the others, and seeing them all head out to eat, the warforged thinks and then walks out to the garden.

His knowledge of dreams was very limited, having never done so himself. But he remembered his mentor once telling him about it.

"People dream when they sleep, many consider it a way in which the mind deals with things in the subconsious or it relives things seen during the day. But when a person dreams they usually can't dream about things they haven't seen before. If they do then its usually some kind of divination... or just imagination."

Carmot heads toward the spot where he saw the blue rose, figuring that since he hadn't seen it before he entered the tavern, that if he saw it in his 'dream' and it exists out here then it would help see how real the dream was.

Theli
2008-01-14, 09:51 PM
Carmot:

There are plenty of roses, but none of them blue. None of the flora immediately stands out.

OOC: You can attempt a search check, if you wish.

Randel
2008-01-14, 11:14 PM
Carmot

Carmot searches the garden for any blue flowers and checks the roses to see if they have thorns.

I'm just going to take 20 on my check again. Starting in the same spot in the garden that he did in the 'dream' for a 26.

Oh, and he's careful not to damage anything while he is searching.

Theli
2008-01-14, 11:25 PM
Carmot:

After a little over 20 minutes, you finally come across something that looks like a white rose with no thorns. It's form and orientation seem familiar now that you're looking right at it.

WillWolf
2008-01-15, 07:07 AM
Richard

Richard sighed. He too was hungry and he wanted to keep an eye out on the elf and dwarf. He mumbled the word "mustelidae?" over and over again as if to try and figureout what it was by dissecting each sylable.

OOC: Richard is a simpleton really. His language may be sometimes normal-esque, but that is from being around so many learned men. Richard wasn't really getting the fact that you were making a statement as if to test them, he just thought that you thought it was a dream.

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-15, 07:46 AM
Father Porter

After watching most of his new friends start to act a little crazy, he shrugs, and walks down to the barkeep, after suddenly remembering something.

"Barkeep! Yes, I'd like eggs, toast, some mutton, fried tubers, and a tall jug of milk."

I eat my meal in haste, wondering what the group thinks about this 'dream' we all had.

"So, now I am fed, and can think more clearly. What in the Silver Flame's greatness happened last night? How can we share a dream? I don't know about you all, but I'd like to consult a sage or something about all of this."

Theli
2008-01-15, 11:27 AM
Padre:

OOC:
You may want to retcon that. If you remember the elf, then you would probably recognize that he was in the "dream" with you last night. He said his name was Aelodin. (Suzoro's character)

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-15, 11:34 AM
OOC: Post fixed. Didn't know that was Aelodin.

GimliFett
2008-01-15, 11:51 AM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 8/8; AC: 14 (ff 12, t 12)

Syd follows the priest to the bar. "I'll have what he's havin', plus an ale," he adds. The dwarf marvels at the priest's inhaling of his meal. "Might wanna slow down there, Padre," he offers with a smile and a chuckle.

"As far as sages go, how many d'ya think're sittin' 'round here waitin' on us to inquire about demon-weasels and existential mists? I'd like to get to the bottom of it as well, though. I agree there must have been a reason we were chosen and no others, though the reasoning escapes me at the moment." The dwarf seems more relaxed and thoughtful, though he attacks his breakfast with relish. Cucumber relish.

Randel
2008-01-15, 09:35 PM
Carmot

Carmot memorizes the location of the strange flower and heads back into the tavern.

He approaches the table the others are sitting at and pulls up a chair. "Greeting again, I just wished to say that this 'dream' we had seems to have been very detailed and accurate as far as the real world is considered. I say this because just before we were released you might recall I tried searching the garden and building, well I found a rose-like flower with no thorns. It was blue in the dream but it is white in reality. Could be due to the odd lighting in the dream."

He stops and lets this sink in. "I just mention this because it seems our experience was extremely detailed... and I doubt that any of us would had seen or noticed that flower before dreaming so it couldn't have been merely a product of our minds..."

Seeing the others give him odd looks he shugs, "Maybe the weasels invade peoples dreams to scare them? I suspect killing the last weasel freed us?" He looks at Father Porter.

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-15, 11:33 PM
Father Porter

Looking rather sad at the prospect that he had to kill his pet, evil though it may have been, likewise not real.

"Fortunately for us all, I believe it did. I'm not certain that the weasles were the cause, so to speak, but killing the last of them surely seemed to have done the trick. Unfortunately for us all, this leaves us exactly where we began. Where to we go from here? The battle's done, and we kind of won, so what now? Sound a victory cheer?"

OOC: Sorry, saw an episode of "Buffy: The Vampire Slayer," so pardon the refrence in the last 3 sentances, despite them fitting in.

GimliFett
2008-01-16, 02:05 PM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 8/8; AC: 14 (ff 12, t 12)

"If y'all'll excuse me a moment, I'm gonna check somethin'!" Syd says and without waiting for a response he gets up and heads to the bar.

"'Scuse me, 'keep? Has anyone complained of strange dreams or issues and tried to blame it on last night's meals?" he asks the barkeep as he dances a pair of silvers across his knuckles.

Theli
2008-01-16, 02:10 PM
The halfling bartender looks up to you, "Nope, can't say I've heard anything like that. People usually sleep pretty soundly around here. Can I get ya another ale?"

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-16, 02:55 PM
Father Porter

Knowing that this is going to be a long day, I walk up to the bar.

"It's a bit early for ale, at least for me, but I'll have a glass of wine."

I drink it in one gulp.

"And another please."

This one I sip.

"Okay, so nobody else was having these dreams. Hmmm...Uh, barkeep? Is there a sage, scholor, or other learned person in town? Maybe an oracle or wiseman or woman perhaps?"

Theli
2008-01-16, 03:05 PM
"Right, coming up!"

He serves one drink, then the other.

"Oh uh, there's this Shaman that hangs around town. Sometimes some of the tribes go to see her when they're out and about. But I can't imagine why someone like you would want to talk to her...especially not as one of the 'purified'. Wait...dreams was it? What kind of dreams are we talking about exactly?"



{OOC: Minor note... Purified is a kind of slang for Silver Flame proponents I believe. That's the context it's used in. It would probably be common knowledge and anyone with any experience with people following the religion should be familiar with it.}

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-16, 03:46 PM
Father Porter

Balking at the idea of talking to a 'non-purified,' he perks up.

"Yes, dreams. Myself and my companions were in a dream. None of us had met prior to the dream. In it we were attacked by shadowy weasles in this very inn. As a matter of fact, I'm willing to bet I know how to get into your cellar, and where the exit to that leads out to, without ever having knowledge of it. It was very real. At least to us."

GimliFett
2008-01-16, 03:50 PM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 8/8; AC: 14 (ff 12, t 12)

The dwarf nudges the priest. "Augh. Perhaps that is best kept to a more, um, private conversation, Padre?" With a wink to the bartender, Syd grins slyly. "If you'd like, I can offer additional tips later. It was a very realistic dream, indeed."

OOC:DM77: YOU are the Purified.

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-16, 04:03 PM
Syd


Fixed it...oops:smallbiggrin: !

Theli
2008-01-16, 05:29 PM
"Hold on. Hold on! This I need to see!"

He shambles from behind the bar to meet you in front of it and then says in a quiet voice, "Ok, show me what you know. Go on..."

GimliFett
2008-01-16, 05:34 PM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 8/8; AC: 14 (ff 12, t 12)

Syd leads the barkeep and Padre into the kitchen to the spot where the wall was hidden and searches for the release. "Might wanna stand back a couple steps," he comments, then stops. "Oh, how d'ya avoid the trap? Or is that just how the door works?" he asks the barkeep with a wide grin and a wink.

Search: [roll0]

Theli
2008-01-16, 05:57 PM
{OOC:
There was actually a latch which shifted the wooden wall which then revealed the stone brick wall. You weren't the one who found the latch, so I'm just gonna assume that that search check was for the first part of opening this door which now shifted the wooden part.}

As the procession reaches the kitchen, the few cooks present move out of the way when they see the barkeep. Leaving you to your own devices.

And the wooden wall shifts...

"Hmmph. That could just be a lucky guess. Now how about you open it the rest of the way?"

When the dwarf attempts to trigger the brick wall to open, a click can be heard, but the wall does not shift.

"Hah! Well? Don't tell me you don't know the password. You did get this far... I'm gonna be disappointed."

GimliFett
2008-01-16, 06:07 PM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 8/8; AC: 14 (ff 12, t 12)

Syd chuckles dryly. "'Course I don't know the password. No one was around but the few of us an' the shadow-demon-weasels. Now gimme a sec. I did this before..." The dwarf trails off as he gets out his picks and proceeds to open the door the same way he did in the dream, but a little more cautiously to avoid the swinging wall. "An' be quiet or I'll blab about the escape tunnel-thing," he whispers conspiratorially.

Open Lock?: [roll0]

Theli
2008-01-16, 06:14 PM
The little nameless bartender chortles with glee at your futile attempts to open it any further.

"You like that? I had a Kundarak pal of mine whip up some extra protection some years back. I'm afraid what you're trying just isn't gonna work.

Still, I'm impressed you got this far... An escape route you say? Eh? And where do you suppose something like that, if there was one, might lead ya?"

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-16, 10:02 PM
Father Porter

"Well, if memory serves correctly, it ends up in a wooded area out in the back of the inn. I think it has clear view of the garden. Also, the exit appears to be a solid rock, and lastly, again if I'm not mistaken, it can be opened from either side, by some kind of latch. Syd, you found that, correct?" he says, looking over at Syd.

Randel
2008-01-16, 10:34 PM
Carmot


The warforged approaches enters the kitchen with the others and when the halfling asks the question he responds.

"Within the dream, I discovered a small lever on the stove there that opened up the wooden wall, that revealed a stone wall lined with bricks... I believe Syd made approximately 20 attempts to press the bricks in the proper order before it finally opened. The stone wall then rotated a bit to reveal a set of stairs leading down to the cellar."

"Inside the cellar there was one additional door that lead to a secret passageway. The passageway continued out of the building and the exit ended in an area surrounded by trees outside, the exit was disguised as an ordinary rock. Inside the cellar was also two levers which activated both the wooden sliding wall and this secret door." he points to the stone wall.

After thinking over what he said he tries to think of any details he might have missed. "Oh, and the cellar also contained lots of stored food and wine. Which I suppose is to be expected."

He looks at the stone wall and the bricks, "Now... oddly this dream was extreamly detailed mirror of this inn, even down to one flower outside in the garden... a white rose with no thorns, rather interesting with the no thorns part. I imagine one could make some money by raising thornless roses. But anyway..."

the warforged thinks again... one could almost hear a tiny series of clicking noises in his head as he tries to finish his sentence.

"Anyway... something weird happened. Might want to have the place checked for... some kind of weird dream monsters if this problem shows up again."

((OOC: since padre pretty much said the essentials of what I did then I'll spoiler my post and say it didn't happen. Innkeeper might not like patrons who neither eat or drink... and I only have 1 gp and change left so I can't afford to waste anything))

Theli
2008-01-17, 12:51 AM
"Hmm, alright I'm convinced. I can't imagine why you'd lie to me about the dream, as there doesn't seem to be anything to gain from it. Come up front...", he says as he motions for you to follow, "I'll buy ya all a round, anything you want... I want you to listen to a proposition."

After waiting for the party to assemble at the bar, he will offer each one a drink of their choice. He even offers a special concoction to the forged, stating that it was created specifically for them. (Calls it "Bender's Entitlement")

After everyone, or nearly everyone, is drinking, he will proceed:

"Ok, here's the deal. I don't know nothing about no dreams, or weasels, or anything. So I can't really help ya."

"But, what you said reminds me of an old elven acquaintance. He used to perform for us from time to time...really drew a crowd. And a few months back he just snapped... Don't know how or why, maybe he even saw something like what you saw. But, he just lost it and kept on rambling on and on about monsters of all kinds and doom and gloom and what have you..."

"What I want you to do is check up on him. He hasn't been around these parts for a couple of days now. I'm getting kinda worried that he might've done something rash."

"You do this for me and I'll ask around about your dreamed up weasels...alright? An old barman like me has a few favors to call in, believe me."

"So, what do ya say?"



{OOC: He'll wait for responses from the whole party before answering any more questions.

Incidentally, with Randal's spoilering, no one has actually mentioned the flower to him. Just thought I'd mention it, whether or not it might be important.}

Randel
2008-01-17, 02:35 AM
Carmot

"That sounds acceptable." Carmot says, nodding. Thinking again he says. "Oh, and I'm not sure if its important... well, it is interesting at least for me and it would probably pester my thoughts if I didn't get it out... but I noticed that one of the white roses in the garden out there doesn't have thorns on it. And I mean it seems to be a unique rose plant that just grew without thorns. I actually found it so to speak while trying to find a way out of that nightmarish dream-world place, but I checked and it certainly exists outside."

"I can show it to you, if you know a botanist they might be able to tell you more about it. I suppose people who would pay for flowers might pay more for flowers that don't poke their soft non-metallic skin." He shrugs as he drinks the beverage he was given, secretly hoping to make himself mute.

WillWolf
2008-01-17, 06:08 AM
Richard:

OOC: Just back tracking a little to say what he did and so forth.


Richard ate a meal consisting of bacon, eggs, toast with butter, and fresh water. He said a quick and brief blessing in thanks to the Flame for providing aid in a time of great struggle. Sighing in complacience of missing the food of the Reaches, the breadbasket, but enjoying the hospility of the day. Although water may or may not be the best choice out here so close to the desert (where the purity is not that of the reaches or of Thrane either) he had always drunk water with meals. He was also very surprised about Padre's meal-choice as well; however, he thought it only natural that those who do good work need plenty of fuel for the fire so to speak, and as the Flame is to the soul, food is to the body.

His mind naturally went back to last night, that was when everything must have began. Why were they chosen out of everyone else? While they were quite heroric in nature, to take a word that was used by Padre, he didn't think of them as being too different from anyone else? He sighed.

He came to the bar when he was beckoned, he was taking his time with his meal, mulling over his thoughts.

When asked for what to drink, he took ale. It was pretty early for it, but he never took a fancy to the fineries of dining and he almost always associated wine with that sort of uppities of soceity. He would have his ale in comparison.

"Yes," he nodded, "anything to help those in darkness." He was very sincere in his efforts. If this elf was in trouble he wanted to lend his hand to him, as any good person should do.

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-17, 08:11 AM
Father Porter

"Well, since we know nothing about what we experienced, and anyone of less will-power would most certainly have gone mad where we were, I accept your proposal to check on your elven friend. Maybe he will be lucid enough to give us insight into our plight."

I gulp down the 2nd glass of wine I had ordered when told there would be another drink, for free, nonetheless, and orders a 3rd wine.

GimliFett
2008-01-17, 10:42 AM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 8/8; AC: 14 (ff 12, t 12)

Nodding, Syd smirks and takes a deep pull on his dark ale. "Sure. Why not. I'm on sabbatical anyway. An' as Padre said, anyone of less willpower would certainly have gone mad. I'm in, 'keep. Sydian d'Kundarak, at your service," he offers with a semblance of a courtly bow then extends his hand in friendship.

Suzuro
2008-01-17, 09:37 PM
He shunned the drink, still suspicious of the events that occurred..

Aha! He went mad! I'm sure that's what happened to me! I'll take this 'job' of yours, just so I can see if we are alike! He walked to a vacant corner, assure that he had chosen the correct idea, surely his apparitions would follow his lead...




-Suzuro

Theli
2008-01-18, 12:30 AM
*nods as each person agrees, shaking hands to seal the deal when offered*

"Sure! I'll check into that flower for ya, too. No problem!"

"Now, this old boy's name is Gil. He lives in a house down south-east aways... If you head on out of town by the south road, you'll hit a bridge over some rapids after about half a day. Don't cross that bridge. Just head on down-stream to the east and after another half-day you should come up on a two-story home in the middle of the woods."

"Don't ask me exactly why he likes to live out there... All he'd ever tell me is that he likes his 'space'."

"If you do find him, and he's in danger, or even a danger to himself, just bring em back up here, alright? We can take care of him if he needs it."

"By the by, the name's Tobi. Pleased to meetcha!"

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-18, 08:27 AM
Father Porter

"Well, Toby, it is absolutely a pleasure to meet you as well. I hope he is okay, but either way, we'll come back with word for you."

Looking at the group,

"Did anybody write those directions down? I don't want to forget, and end up crossing the bridge, or going the wrong way when we get there...Trust me...getting lost isn't fun. It happened to my unit back in the war..." he shudders at the thought.

Randel
2008-01-19, 03:11 PM
Carmot

The warforged reaches into his spell component pouch and pulls out an emptied out egg shell and a set of paints.

"I cast, Record Directions."

He then paints the directions onto the eggshell and hands the painted egg to Father Porter.

"There we go, we should have no trouble getting lost as long as we follow this."

Carmot takes another sip of "Bender's Entitlement", his eyes momentarily glowing bright blue before returning to their normal red.

Theli
2008-01-19, 03:59 PM
Tobi

"Haw, that's a good one! Be careful that you don't accidentally sit on it! Bahahahaha!"

WillWolf
2008-01-20, 03:54 AM
Richard:

He wondered how such an honorable man was involved in the ways of war, but he didn't really want to think about the war. Some wounds never really healed and in joining the church, he found a way to channel his energy through the church. Seeing Father Padre speak about it seemed to strike too close to home. Richard thanks the barkeep and pays his debt with a tip. Chuckling a little at both the artificer's ingenious methods and at Tobi's joke, almost a little too much.

As everyone had agreed to come and he really didn't see a reason to be here, he got up and leaves the bar waiting for his friends outside mumbling something about "fresh air."

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-21, 12:17 AM
Father Porter

Assuming the group was ready to leave, Padre hoists his pack and begins trekking down the road, hopefully with his newfound compatriots. Along the road, he strikes up conversation to remove the silence. After all, they only met "once upon a dream," and didn't know much about one another that didn't pertain to combat training or skills.

"So, we don't know a lot about one another...I'll go first. Long ago, when I was still able to call myself a Cyrian, my whole family was in the military. We joined out of some noble cause or another, I don't remember, I was young, and excited to be a part of it. I was 13. The only thing I could do was join as a banner boy. My father held some kind of rank, I guess, and got me assigned to a particularly well-decorated, high ranking officer. That was supposed to keep me safe. We were fighting Breland, though I don't remember where, as it was long ago, when they out maneuvered us, and I was caught up in the battle. We fought for our lives. I saw pain, suffering, and things no child should ever have seen. But then again, it was a different day, back then. Anyways, I suffered a mortal wound and awoke some time later in a temple of the sacred Silver Flame. My mentor, Father Magnum, found me on the battlefield, and was able to save my life. He brought me back to the temple, that I may recover, and eventually felt a calling to the clergy of the Flame. Now that I seem to have told my life story, anybody else care to share something of themselves?"

Randel
2008-01-21, 02:59 AM
Carmot

The warforged follows the group out of the tavern, swaying just a bit as he walks.

"I... I... I eye... I was made by House Cannith." He finally says. "Trained by master alchemist Alan d'Cannith in the ways of artifice. I was sent to fight alongside the other warforged against the goblins to the south. We did pretty good there... we knew what we were up against."

"But then Cyre blew up... my mentor died of old age and well... I've been studying alchemy ever since then. Probably should look into joining a guild or something, but for now I think I'll just do some traveling... see the world and find out what everybody else is talking about."

The warforged straightens a bit, shaking off the last bits of intoxication. "I suppose I'm different than most warforged... my mentor said my tendency to talk so much is a result of my studying magical items. Having to think about magic often involves thinking about oneself... which I suppose makes double sense in my case."

Suzuro
2008-01-21, 04:27 AM
Well, considering I'm already going crazy probably, I guess there's no harm in talking to myself a little bit...although I'm surprised I can come up with all these stories!

He walked quickly, getting slightly ahead of the others, leading them and constantly keeping an eye out for any more 'tricks' his mind might play.

I was the son of a horse trainer...but I couldn't handle the monotony. Day-in and Day-out, all we would do is ride the horse, to the woods, out of the woods..around the corner....then put it away for the next day. I began to resent horses.
After I became of age, I decided that I couldn't deal with that kind of life anymore, so I signed on to get some military Training.

As he spoke he seemed to completely lose track of everything, and just somewhat phased out, not really paying attention to where he was going. Because of this he wandered off track occasionally, but usually got back on.

After awhile training, I realized that my entire life really had been leading up to this...no one could best me on a horse, and I became better than my peers with weapons. After I had received training, I became more of a 'guard' than anything...and, that seemed to have turned out bad on this last job...... At this point he trailed off and realized that he had wandered off again. He had to walk back and find the trail before moving forward again to catch up.




-Suzuro

WillWolf
2008-01-21, 06:08 AM
Richard:

He didn't particularly enjoy this discussion about his past, because he looked both physically and metaphorically into the future so to speak. Straight ahead, following the directions of the eggshell into the future so to speak. The past was behind him and he wasn't particularly interested on dwelling on it.

"I was born in the Reaches and went to war in a league of Thranes, fighting Karrnath, and like Father Porter woke up in a temple of the Holy Flame in Thrane, where I healed. There was more to it than that. He was bored in the Reaches and a real prat about it, constantly whining about never being able to do anything or be anywhere, he wanted war.Meditation, reading, fiddling around with a bow and arrow, and you know, finding yourself. He wanted to go to war, and go into battle. He had been a fool. And his life in the war was the extent of one battle and some training. His mind was wandering as they walked. "It was there that I found the true Flame." And saw the Flame himself and from there his spirit had been awaken. But that wasn't something he could really explain, seeing the flame.

Like the elf he wasn't really following where he should go, wandering every which way, and Richard just smiled. He was sure he would find his own way.

To the artificer he wanted to suggest that he see Thrane, but then again warforged weren't very well liked in Thrane. They weren't even proclaimed as beings in Thrane, obviously warforged were beings, not property. He sighed. What would it take to get them to be considered beings? It would be something he would have to get more information on.

As for Father Porter, well, there wasn't something he really could do. He lost his entire life and his country. What do you say to that? He sighed.

GimliFett
2008-01-21, 11:32 AM
Sydian d'Kundarak

As the others tell their stories, Syd toys with his rapier while walking. Finally, after it seemed no one else was going to volunteer a tale, he broke the silence. "As my name probably alerts you, I'm a 'marked member of the Kundarak House. My Mum is like me -- or I'm like my Mum -- an agressive countermeasures specialist, and my Da is a bit more passive: he's an abjurer specializin' in wards and such. Grew up in the House, amongst others of the House, et cetera. Finally finished my apprenticeships recently and set out for a walkabout. Ya know: see the world, gain some life experience, et cetera. Travellin' from the Holds to Sharn, I cut through Talenta and here I am, dealin' with nightmare demon-shadow-weasels and soon a crazed elf whose buddy is a Ghallanda barkeep. Fun huh?" he smiles broadly.

Randel
2008-01-22, 02:17 AM
Carmot

The warforged walks steadily along with the others, his crossbow loaded and at his side.

Theli
2008-01-22, 05:15 AM
Wasting no time at all, you find yourself at the aforementioned bridge. It seems to be very sturdy. However, the rapids beneath it seems to almost be lapping at its bottom.

{Anybody with a non-negative INT modifier would be able to determine that this would be a horrible place for a bridge if these rapids are normally this high...}

Aelodin and Syd:

You can barely spot something odd happening above you past the forest canopy. If you choose to spend a little time looking up you will spot heavy, dark clouds rapidly moving in from the west.

WillWolf
2008-01-22, 06:03 AM
Richard:

He steps onto the bridge not thinking anything about it.

GimliFett
2008-01-22, 08:47 AM
Sydian d'Kundarak

Syd grabs at Richard. "Hey! Tobi said head east at the bridge an' don't cross it. 'Sides," the dwarf adds looking up and pointing with his rapier, "looks like a big storm's brewin'. We need to hurry an' get away from these already overfull banks 'fore they take us with 'em."

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-22, 09:27 AM
Father Porter

After looking at said bridge, and watching Richard nearly kill himself, I pull out my egg and confirm Syd's words.

"Yup, right here on the egg. It says head east at the bridge. Let's go."

Hoping nobody else tries going over the bridge, I head east with the group.

Theli
2008-01-22, 11:52 AM
{OOC:
I need the party to determine how exactly they're going to proceed.

Are you still going to follow the bank closely, or try to just stay within eyesight of it. And who exactly is taking point and leading the group through the woods?

In fact, work out a march order... Single file or staggered, whichever you prefer. It doesn't have to be set...people can share the same position and I'll just roll randomly for whenever its important.}

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-22, 03:27 PM
Father Porter

***OOC: I'll take point if nobody else wants to, otherwise, I'll take position behind the person on point. As far as the rest:

"Well, I suggest we walk close enough to the river to see it, but not close enough for something to jump out and grab us. I've seen this bardic troupe performance; the cleric dies first..."

GimliFett
2008-01-22, 04:06 PM
Sydian d'Kundarak

The dwarf nods. "Agreed. Use it for keepin' track of where we are, but stay away from it. 'Specially if that," Syd indicates the stormclouds again, "breaks on us. I'll take point," he adds and moves ahead of the group about ten yards.

WillWolf
2008-01-22, 07:17 PM
Richard:

"Oh sorry."

After hearing everyone come up with ideas, and feeling embarrassed about getting lost on some very easy directions: "I'll guard our rears then." He shrugged.

Randel
2008-01-22, 09:20 PM
Carmot

The warforged takes up the second-to last position in the line, keeping his crossbow at the ready.

"See, even if your directions are are written on an unorthodox medium, they still work better than nothing." he says.

Theli
2008-01-24, 11:00 AM
After an additional hour of traveling, the storm is fully upon you. A severe and chill wind batters from the west, bringing the temperature down rapidly.

The rain starts to pour down and there are the occasional signs of hail.



OOC:
I still need an update on how much cash people have left from everybody but DM77.


You will need to make fortitude checks each hour from now on (until the cold lets up), or try to find some quick shelter (bit unlikely, but not impossible.) These checks are for avoiding non-lethal damage and fatigue from the cold. (The warforged is immune to the fatigue, but not the non-lethal damage.)

If you want, you can move at half speed from now on to attempt survival checks every hour, which can be done untrained. (You are roughly 3 hours away from your destination.) For every successful survival check, you gain a +2 bonus to your fortitude checks. If you get over the DC of 15, you can grant this bonus to another character as well for each point over. The bonuses apparently don't stack.

You can also try to hustle, which will get you there in about one and a half hours. Though trying to hustle over an hour will cause a guaranteed point of non-lethal damage and make you fatigued. (Again, warforged won't be fatigued.)

So let me know what you decide to do. You can also split up, if you wanted to.

GimliFett
2008-01-24, 11:42 AM
Sydian d'Kundarak

Once the weather has proved to be a serious concern, Syd rejoins the group and huddles them close together. "I think we should hurry up in order to get out of this mess as quick as possible. We'll close ranks somewhat an' continue forward," the dwarf shouts to be heard over the storm.

First check--
Survival: [roll0]
Fortitude: [roll1] This should've been +2; I forgot to fix my Con after the dream. So yay! My save is a 6! :smallfurious:

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-24, 07:13 PM
Father Porter

"Is it me, or does this weather seem a little unseasonal? Let's hurry up and get there, or we'll freeze to death!"

Here is my Fortitude save:
[roll0]
Dang...hope somebody rolls well...

Theli
2008-01-24, 07:23 PM
OOC:

It's the Talenta Plains, not the Talenta Deserts, that you're south of. :p And it is winter, Zarantyr is the equivalent of January...

Although maybe it is unseasonal for the geography anyway...I'll have to look in the ECS.

Randel
2008-01-25, 02:11 AM
Carmot

The warforged trudged forward through the weather, the large travelers cloak he wears to keep mud out of his joints billows in the cold wind. The warforged changes his position, standing upwind of the rest of the group. He puts his crossbow away, and holds his his cloak a little to hopefully provide the others some respite.

"I was designed to withstand a wide range of environments... though I doubt I will fare much better than the rest of you in this weather. Perhaps if we cannot find shelter we can construct a crude lean-to out of rope, trees, and various bits of cloth we have on hand... and warm ourselves with a lit lantern or a freshly disemboweled animal."

He thinks a bit.

"Did anyone bring a towel?" He yells over the storm.

Rolling Survival: [roll0]

I have 1 gp and 5 sp left.

GimliFett
2008-01-25, 10:17 AM
Sydian d'Kundarak

The dwarf turns back to face his companions. "If we hurry, we'll be much better off. You take a towel out now, it's useless the moment it sees the outside o' yer pack! Save it for an actual shelter! Let's keep movin'!" Syd shouts to the others.

Randel
2008-01-25, 11:18 PM
Carmot

Edit: I guess I'll use a fortitude save and hustle along with everyone else.

Fort Save:[roll0]

WillWolf
2008-01-26, 12:50 AM
Richard:

He shrugged as they moved on. While he was no more proficient in this weather than anyone else, he was used to the rain and knew that complaining meant nothing, and if the dwarf wanted to press on, then they would do so. After that incident on the bridge, he just shut his trap.

Fort save: [roll0]

Theli
2008-01-26, 01:36 AM
The storm easily keeps pace with the party as it runs toward apparent safety. There is no wildlife to be found, having obviously taken shelter themselves. And the rapids fail to lessen. The great chill wreaks havoc on their fragile constitutions.


OOC:

This is the non-lethal damage you've sustained. You will be fatigued until it is fully healed. It cannot be healed until you get out of the cold.

Padre: 1
Richard: 1
Aedolin: 2
Syd: 4
Carmot: 2

Theli
2008-01-26, 01:50 AM
Pushing on, the party finally reaches a run-down 2 story building constructed a couple of yards from the river. Obvious signs of disrepair mar it throughout, not helped in anyway by this recent storm. The door seems to have been battered in by the wind. If you peer inside, you will see a living room, with a small bar and benches, but having suffered exposure to the elements.




{OOC: If one person enters, then I'll assume that the rest follow. I'll save a more in-depth description for until someone does so.}

Randel
2008-01-26, 12:36 PM
Carmot

"Aha! An abandoned building where we can find shelter from the storm. Just as long as its not haunted, it should be just the thing we need."

Carmot enters the building and checks it out.

Spot:[roll0]
Listen:[roll1]
Search:[roll2]

Theli
2008-01-26, 01:16 PM
OOC:

*shakes head sadly*

Sometimes I think it really may be better if I rolled. The forum roller really seems to hate you guys.

Anyway, please don't do search checks unless there's a small area in particular you want to search. It's not really meant to be used for wide areas. However, I will take that search check to mean that you search the doorway for a moment. Though you don't find anything.



Dirt and grime engulf the otherwise well-furnished floor. Most of the basic necessities of life can be found lying around, though much of it is in pretty poor shape. Looking in, a bar takes up the southeast corner. While a simple kitchen is found in the southwest. There are stairs leading up in the northeast, and stairs leading down in the final corner. Nothing can be heard over the storm outside but the creaking of the house.

GimliFett
2008-01-26, 06:32 PM
Sydian d'Kundarak

The dwarf eyes the house with a shrewd eye. "I just hope the storm doesn't drop this place on our heads," he comments dryly just before shaking his head like a beast, slinging water everywhere. "Gimme a sec and I'll scout the upstairs," he says as he dries off with a spare cloak from his pack.

WillWolf
2008-01-26, 07:55 PM
Richard:

The first thing that came to mind when he entered this building was simple: build a fire. They would have to stay here for a little while and as long as their was a fireplace, they might as well make a small fire. It didn't look like anyone had been here in a long while anyways.

Still it would be better to see if any other tavellor had likewise taken shelter from the storm: "Hello anyone here?" He shouted throughout the house.

Randel
2008-01-26, 09:32 PM
Carmot

Carmot lights his lantern and sets it down on a table or some other secure place to illuminate the room and provide a little heat.

"This should provide a small amount of warmth until a proper fire can be started."

He looks around for a fireplace or stove to start a fire in. If he finds one he cleans it out to make it suitable for starting a fire and adds any fuel that might be on hand, if no fuel is found and he remembers seeing some trees or whatnot outside, he makes a quick trip out to collect some wood. If the fuel is too wet to start then he shakes it as dry as he can and uses a little bit of lamp oil to help get the fire started.

Theli
2008-01-27, 02:35 AM
There is indeed a decently-sized fireplace in the middle of the southern wall, between the bar and the kitchen. There is a nearly depleted stack of firewood nearby.

Nothing answers Richard's calls.

Randel
2008-01-27, 02:58 PM
Carmot

The warforged starts a fire in the fireplace so they can warm up.

GimliFett
2008-01-27, 05:32 PM
Sydian d'Kundarak

The dwarf drops his pack, draws his rapier and heads up the stairs. "Right back," he calls out.

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-27, 05:57 PM
Father Porter

"Hmm...I wonder if this is the place our innkeeper was telling us to find. Either way, let's get that fire lit, and get the cold out of our bones!"

I try to assist with getting the fire going, and rub my arms and jump up and down trying to get warm.

Theli
2008-01-27, 11:49 PM
There is only some moderate difficulty in lighting the fireplace. Eventually, it is done. Even before the fire is lit, you've started to recover from the stormy trek. But it makes for a nice bonus.


Syd (and whoever else chooses to go up there):

Directly in front of the stairs lie double doors. To the left, there is a hallway from which one can reach 4 different doors, all of them closed. The area is barely lit up by the ambient light coming in from the outside through 2 windows on opposite sides of this hallway.

WillWolf
2008-01-28, 05:07 AM
Richard:

"Syd wait up." Going alone seemed like a bad idea. He took off his backpack and hurried up behind Syd with his sword and shield ready. He was keeping a good eye out for anything that might be of use or that would help them; however, he didn't really know what to look for.

GimliFett
2008-01-28, 09:17 AM
Sydian d'Kundarak

The dwarf nodded as Richard joined him at the top of the stairs. Moving straight ahead, he tries to gently push the primary double door open, if it doesn't give he turns the knob and repeats the previous action.

Theli
2008-01-28, 09:51 AM
Syd and Richard:

After the dwarf turns the knob, the double doors open easily. You see a dark and dank dining room.


Syd:

Your dwarven vision allows you to notice that there are decently sized holes in the ceiling of this room. Faint stirrings can be observed from within those holes. Something is moving up there.

GimliFett
2008-01-28, 09:55 AM
Sydian d'Kundarak

Facing the Paladin and putting a finger to his lips, Syd moves stealthily into the room. He indicates the holes above with his rapier.

Any furniture? How high is the ceiling?
And I was counting on the darkvision. 'Swhy I didn't light anything... It's good to be a dwarf! :smallcool:
Move Silently: [roll0]

Theli
2008-01-28, 10:05 AM
Syd and Richard:

The ceiling is 8 feet high. The room contains a dining table with several chairs and some furniture holding fine dishes and utensils in the back.


Syd:

From your new vantage point you are able to determine that hundreds thousands of bats have taken residence in the holey ceiling. Most of them seem to be sleeping and the ones that are moving don't seem to have noticed you yet.

GimliFett
2008-01-28, 10:10 AM
Sydian d'Kundarak

Syd moves back to Richard and points back out the door. Once back in the hall, he gently closes the door and nods. "Lotsa bats up there. Let's let sleeping bats lie, hm?" he whispers with a wink, then flicks his head to the left. "Let's check out these other rooms. Queit as mice, okay?" With that, the dwarf turns and preceeds Richard down the hall to the first door.

If the doors are equidistant from starting point, I'll begin with the left one.

Theli
2008-01-28, 11:55 AM
Syd and Richard:

When Syd is about to open the left-most door, you both hear a faint and shrill cry from behind it.

GimliFett
2008-01-28, 11:57 AM
Sydian d'Kundarak

Syd flings the door open and kneels in the doorway, rapier at the ready.

Theli
2008-01-28, 12:16 PM
Syd and Richard:

Roll Initiative.

Before you lies a mess of a room. A large, busted up, pen takes up the center and in the middle of it all there is a large green beetle-like creature. When it sees you it gives a loud shriek and attacks.


OOC: Size equivalent is medium.


Everyone else: You hear a loud shriek from the upstairs. You may roll initiative.

GimliFett
2008-01-28, 12:20 PM
Sydian d'Kundarak

Initiative: [roll0]-1 {fatigue}= 17
Plan will be to Tumble past it, giving Richard room to react as well.

Theli
2008-01-28, 12:27 PM
{OOC: Keep in mind that everybody is still fatigued. This reduces STR and DEX by 2 each and would affect your initiative.}

Theli
2008-01-28, 07:47 PM
{OOC: You might as well make that skill check while we're waiting GF.}

Randel
2008-01-28, 10:26 PM
Carmot

((I assume that I don't carry the fatigued penalty))

Initiative:[roll0]

The warforged heads upstairs to where the shriek came from. He takes out his loaded crossbow as he heads up there.

GimliFett
2008-01-29, 08:59 AM
Sydian d'Kundarak
HP: 8/8 (4 subdual); AC: 13, t 11, ff 12

The dwarf tumbles forward attempting to get behind the bug and allow Richard to maneuver to a flanking position. He glances up briefly, looking for holes.

Tumble: [roll0] {fatigue}

Suzuro
2008-01-29, 10:21 PM
I'm assuming I've been standing in the doorway like a retarted elf since I was gone...*sigh*

Anyways, here's my first post since being back!


Feth! What is that?! He spoke, while bursting into action and rushing up the stairs, tripping slightly as he still felt the effects the cold had on his body.


I'll move up the stairs and draw my pick.


Stats
HP: 8 (13 STR; 14 DEX) AC: 16


Theli
Sorry, I can't actually find the initiative order, could you tell me where I am?




-Suzuro

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-29, 11:39 PM
Father Porter

My Stats:
HP: 8/9

Roll for initiative: [roll0]

"Of course this mission couldn't be easy."

I heft my shield, lift my morningstar, and move upstairs.

((OOC: Can we get an area map?))

Theli
2008-01-30, 02:04 AM
{OOC:
You were expected to roll when I called for it, but since you didn't... :p

Initiatives:
Syd: 17
Creature: ???
Aelodin: 11
Richard: 5
Carmot: 4
Padre: 4

Surprise round amounted to Syd bashing the door inn. (Which I'm sure surprised Richard as well as the creature.) So now we're in regular round by round actions. The first floor brigade will take the 1st round just to get to where they are now. So...it just leaves Syd and Richard to complete their first round actions. And then we can run round 2.

Syd has maneuvered and required a double tumble in order to get into his position. Richard has yet to act in round 1. (Please indicate actions for both rounds when you get a chance.)}

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/779/md1rlp5.png

Syd whips the door open to the southeastern room of the 2nd floor. He finds a great big busted up pen in the center, among other debris, and a beetle-like creature in the center of it.

The dwarf easily circles around the green carapaced creature. It eyes him warily, then a tongue whips out and licks his armor to no effect. Afterwards, it attempts a bite, but misses just barely. After seeming to sniff the air, it advances toward the exit...and seemingly towards Richard.

Syd:

You see more holes in the ceiling, but these seem to be empty.

WillWolf
2008-01-30, 06:21 AM
Richard:

Now this was a surprise. He didn't know what was happening really, but he trusted the dwarf and followed him doggedly. Bats hmm? He had seen plenty of those in his time, probably resting up before nightfall. Best not to disturb them. However, Syd had always been a rather careful individual and see him bash the door was a shock, but the monstrous beetle creature took him by surprise as well. Although he disliked violence he wasn't sure that the being was sentient and that tongue and bite looked nasty to say the least. And besides that he trusted the flame to guide him to lead him to 'wrong and evil' to fight it. This time fight it literally.

The thing looked like it was going for the exit, but he had no intention of that. Richard made sure to block the door and stepped in the way to do so. He swung his sword and held his shield high.

"For the Flame!" He shouted as he swung.

Five foot step to the door. Swing my longsword (one handed) with shield.

Attack Roll: [roll0] (the minus two to strength brings down his TAB by one.

Attack Roll: [roll1]

WillWolf
2008-01-30, 06:23 AM
To conform the crit, nice, huh. [roll0]

WillWolf
2008-01-30, 06:25 AM
Action point to raise the score of my crit. I know it's an armored beatle, (hence I would guess a fairly good AC. *shrugs* [roll0]

GimliFett
2008-01-30, 09:42 AM
Sydian d'Kundarak
HP: 8/8 (4 subdual); AC: 13, t 11, ff 12

Moving forward to flank the critter with Richard, Syd thrusts his rapier at the creature, seeking a weak point in the joints of the carapace. "What in Khyber? A big bug in a bedroom?" he asks with a puzzled look on his face.

Attack (flank): [roll0]
Crit?: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Sneak Attack?: [roll3] if applicable to vermin...
EDIT: Ugh. That was bad!

Theli
2008-01-30, 10:19 AM
The beetle-like creatures shrieks shrilly from the impact of the feral man's sword, as the rest of the party reaches near the top of the stairs on the 2nd floor.

Moments later, the dwarf comes up to strike the beast himself, but it dodges easily. It then attempts to make a break for it and run out of the room...through the man standing in the way.



{OOC:
Syd and Richard get attacks of opportunity. Richard also has a choice of whether or not to let the beast by. If he decides not to avoid the beast as it scampers past him, then he needs to make a str or dex check to oppose its movements.

Now everybody, except Syd, go ahead and list round 2 actions. (Syd already went.) But realize that due to the outcome of this opposed roll, circumstances WILL change.}

GimliFett
2008-01-30, 10:27 AM
Sydian d'Kundarak
HP: 8/8 (4 subdual); AC: 13, t 11, ff 12

Shocked that the bug continues to attempt to evacuate the room regardless of impediment, Syd thrusts his rapier at the creature as it moves away from him.

Attack (flank): [roll0]
Crit?: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Sneak Attack?: [roll3] if applicable to vermin...
EDIT: OY! Couldn't hit the broadside of a barn right now. Pro'lly a good thing, I think... I actually don't want it dead.

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-30, 07:35 PM
Father Porter

Taking pity on the poor beast, knowing that it is usually the less attractive creatures that end up getting killed for no reason, he shouts out:

"Friends, I know not what this thing is, but I can tell you that it seems more frightened than anything! Let's not kill it if we don't have to!"

As a move action, I move to the top of the stairs, but out of the way of the beastie to the west, and then I cast bless trying to get the entire party in the area.

Suzuro
2008-01-30, 11:17 PM
Yes, I agree. Let us not kill it if we don't need to! We don't need see any more death!


He runs to the top of the stairs, and moves near the father.




Move to C 5




-Suzuro

Randel
2008-01-30, 11:52 PM
Carmot

HP: 6/6 (4 nonlethel) AC:13

Seeing the large beetle come into view the warforge's eye light up.

"Ahh! Rust monster! Run away!"

He quickly moves out of the way of the giant beetle, not wanting to risk getting touched by the metal-eating beast.

Looking at it again, he notices that its green.

"Wait a sec... no its green... Wood rot monster! Wood rot monster!"

Carmot flees to 94 (the spot just inside the hallway) and watches the giant insect carefully.

WillWolf
2008-01-31, 03:12 AM
Richard:

"What do you suggest Father?" He said with a rather stone face. He said again as he took a thwack at the creature as he tried to get closer to him. He had no intention of letting this thing get out of the enclosed area. Truthfully he was holding back, he hadn't shifted and went nuts on the creature, so to speak.

Holding up his shield, he tried to keep it in the room.

Attack of opportunity: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Strength check to keep him in the room: [roll2].

Do I get an additional attack, or would the strength check take up my standard action?

Theli
2008-01-31, 08:14 AM
The beast easily deflects and dodges the incoming blows as it pushes through the doorway. Richard tries to stop it, but it easily knocks him down on its way out.

The creature then scampers quickly across to the stairs and jumps over the ledge onto Carmot below, landing harshly beneath him.



http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/7040/md2rlg4.png



{OOC: Yeah, this kinda invalidates everybody's responses so far. Sorry! :p (Though I'm keeping Randel's yell text just because it's so hilarious. :D)

Richard is now prone. Standing up is a move-equivalent action.

The beast is also now prone and sharing Carmot's space. Just an fyi, just because its prone doesn't mean that it can't make attacks of opportunity if it wants to. (It's just -4 to making melee attacks and +4 against ranged attacks.)

So please respond with your new round 2 actions (or let me know in OOC that you're going to attempt to keep your old action.) And WillWolf, yes, you still have an action in round 2 as all of that happened on the beast's turn.


FYI: Bless is a burst spell, and therefore can't turn corners... So unless you're almost in front of the door DM77, you're not going to get Syd with it. And even then, Carmot is considered below the ledge of the 2nd floor as they're still on the stairs and may not be affected by the spell unless you were practically adjacent to the warforged.

This is all besides the fact that you wouldn't be able to get up there to cast this round since your path is now blocked by the creature. :p Well...actually you could attempt a climb check from your position... I'll have to think about the DC though. But I would rule that you could affect everybody from one space directly south of your current position...}

GimliFett
2008-01-31, 12:34 PM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 8/8 (4 subdual); AC: 13, t 11, ff 12

At Padre's words, realization dawns over Syd. "Hey! Maybe it's someone's pet! We should subdue it and put it back until we figure out what's goin' on," he calls out as he looks to make sure the paladin was all right. "Oh, yeah. Stay outta the room at the top of the stairs. Double doors. Lotsa bats. Lots!"

That's it for my Round 2.

DungeonMaster77
2008-01-31, 07:58 PM
Father Porter

HP: 8/9

Trying to think quickly isn't my forte, so I guess I'll have to figure out what the wisest thing to do is... thinks Father Porter as he stands on the stairs.

"Not realy sure, but I think that we should keep it from escaping. Wait! I know!"

As my action, I double-time it downstairs, and head to the door, where I slam it shut, and turn around in front of it.

Randel
2008-01-31, 10:08 PM
Carmot

HP: 6/6 (2 nonlethal) AC:13

"Help! Its after my precious alchemical fluids." After hearing reports of giant insects that eat metal, gems, and other kinds of inorganic substances the warforged has a fear of large insects... the recent attack of shadow weasels didn't help these fears at all.

Not wanting to risk contact with whatever-it-is, the warforged slips past the others on the stairway to point xAy7.

Then he reaches into his bag and pulls out a 50-foot length of hemp rope with knots tied a foot increments.

"Um, if we are planning on capturing it then here is some rope... perhaps someone made of non-edible flesh should restrain the beast?"

Suzuro
2008-02-01, 12:05 AM
Well...if we're going to subdue it, we need somehow to do it! We can't just hope it'll fall unconscious on it's own!


Aelodin moves around and attempts to get a bit away from the....thing, so that he could see what it is.

My flesh is inedible...at least, I think it is....



move to D 6


-Suzuro

WillWolf
2008-02-01, 09:07 AM
Richard

Richard got up and shouted: "well do something then!" He moved over to 6E. He felt ridiculous being pushed over by a bug and he didn't have anything to add really, but still feeling like he needed to do something. His team mates were in the way for him to harm the creature and by the sounds of things they wanted to subdue the creature. He had already subdued a rodent to no avail.

Theli
2008-02-01, 09:38 AM
After failing to stop the rampaging beetle...thing, Richard picks himself up off the floor and follows it up to the ledge above the staircase just south of where it fell. Aedolin moves away from the beast to join him there just in time to spot the warforged frantically attempt to kick it into submission. The creature itself responds by trying to grab Carmot's leg.




{OOC: Carmot's kicking incited an attack of opportunity, which the beast used to try to trip the warforged, which incited ANOTHER attack of opportunity from Carmot.

Should I just assume that you're going to try to kick it again? :p

Edit: Gah, so many mistakes...

Please just make a single AoO for having responded when it fell and make a Str or Dex check to oppose the trip attempt.}

Randel
2008-02-01, 10:26 PM
Carmot

Attack of opportunity (kicking):[roll0]
damage[nonlethal]:[roll1]


Dex check to avoid tripping:[roll2]

Theli
2008-02-01, 11:51 PM
A foot connects solidly against the creature's head, as it tries, and fails, to bring the warforged down to its level. After viewing this display, Father Porter seems to get a bright idea and leaves back for the first floor.


Padre:

On a closer examination of the door, you find the hinges to be cracked. When you try to close it, it doesn't budge.

{OOC: You can try a strength check if you really want to close it, but it'll take a full-round action.}



Moments later Syd moves to follow the beast and manages to make it to the stairs directly above it. But the creature ignores him and just growls as it instead lunges for the warforged's spell component pouch.


Current positions:
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/d8882fad1b.png


OOC:

That's the best I could figure as far as flanking goes GF.

So yeah...the creature is now using a disarm attempt to try to steal Carmot's spell component pouch away. It will get a penalty for being prone. So please roll two more attack rolls Randel. :}

The first is for the disarm AOO if you want to take it (this is a new round and your last AOO took place during the previous one), the second is to fight against the disarm. You did pretty damn good on this last one, so let's see if that luck holds up.

Don't worry about any penalties, as I'll be taking those into account on the other side of the screen. (No, I won't treat it as "poorly secured or otherwise easy to snatch or cut away". I would imagine you'd have more sense then to have it hang so carelessly.)

Everybody, but GF, can now state their 3rd rounds actions. (GF, you can start on 4th round whenever you feel like it. Incidentally, you have higher ground now, which is a +1 to your attack rolls.)

If anybody who's still on the 2nd floor wants to jump down to flank with Syd, it'll be the equivalent of a 10 ft. drop from F6 to F7.

Randel
2008-02-02, 02:56 AM
Carmot

As the creature reaches out to grab at the warforge's spell component pouch, the living construct kicks at it in retaliation.

"Now it's going after my pouch."

Attack of opportunity (kick): [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Attack of opportunity (kick): [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Theli
2008-02-02, 03:04 AM
With some well placed battery, the beast is driven off of the pouch. Dejected, it crawls down the stairs leaving its rear exposed...



OOC:

Second roll was just an opposed attack roll, not a second attack.

Beast moves one square east. An attack of opportunity is presented to Syd as it moves away.

WillWolf
2008-02-02, 03:37 AM
Richard:

"Oh no you don't!" Richard said as he jumped from the second floor down to the first. Whatever this beetle thing was, he had no intention of letting it leave the area.

He wasn't going to harm the thing however, he just wanted it to not leave. He was on the full defensive. Shield in hand.

Jump check to see if I don't take damage. Because it is deliberate I would only get non-lethal damage however.[roll0]

Damage, if necessary: [roll1]

Richard also goes into a full defense. And if I still can, I would like to sense whether or not the creature is evil.

Suzuro
2008-02-03, 02:51 PM
I am not used to everyone mobbing in!


He yells. And with that quick speech, he begins to run towards the railing, hardly slowing down as he circles it and begins going, almost tripping, down the stairs towards the giant mob of people....


Move to C 7

Stats
HP: 8 (2 non-lethal damage) Fatigued. AC: 16



-Suzuro

Theli
2008-02-03, 04:29 PM
Aelodin and Richard join the rest of the group on the stairs, the elf behind, while the feral man jumps on the creature down below. Frightened, the beast futilely snaps up at him to no effect. The ground, of course, doesn't miss and takes its toll. He then crawls further down the stairs to try to head it off, appearing in sight of Father Porter, who is seemingly standing guard in front of the house's open entrance.


http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5281/md3rbg7.png

OOC:

Syd still has an AoO pending from the beast's crawl attempt.

Richard is now up to 4 non-lethal damage. I've had him crawl south one, as there was little Richard could have done to stop the beast from moving further from where he fell, unless he attempted a grapple. Unfortunately, this took 2 move actions.

It's Carmot's turn next, and then Padre to finish the round.

DungeonMaster77
2008-02-04, 09:07 AM
Father Porter

In attempt to make myself useful, I cast divine favor on myself.

"Sacred Flame, if you see me fit, give me the strength and power to hold at bay this beast, and keep it from escaping."

Padre seems to glow with a silver light for a moment as he channels his diety's power upon himself.

GimliFett
2008-02-04, 09:55 AM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 8/8 (4 subdual); AC: 13, t 11, ff 12

As the bug moves away from him, Syd tries to take advantage of the opening the creature left in its defenses, thrusting with his rapier once more.

AoO (subdual): [roll0]
Crit?: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Randel
2008-02-04, 10:34 PM
Carmot

Tries to quickly move toward Padre to help him keep the beetle from escaping.

Theli
2008-02-04, 10:48 PM
{OOC for Carmot: You're the blue dot on the map... Where you are is on the stairs near the second floor...the only possible way to get closer to the house's entrance is to go THROUGH the creature...

While this is possible with an overrun, it would require an opposed ability check. (In your case, you roll Str.)

Are you sure you want to do this? If so, go ahead and roll your Str check. We'll see if the beast lets you pass or not.

Also, note that the stairs don't have a railing, although there are wooden panels seperating one half of the stairs from the other.}

Randel
2008-02-04, 11:29 PM
Carmot

((OOC: Wait... is the monster the black dot? If it is, then I'll just kick it again.))

Kick attack roll: [roll0]
nonlethal damage: [roll1]

Then I use my move action to take out my rope.

Theli
2008-02-04, 11:37 PM
The warforged gives another good kick, but to no avail, while the priest can be heard intoning a prayer for a personal blessing some distance away. Carmot then fumbles around in his backpack, pulling out a large coil of knotted rope.

OOC:

That's the end of that round. Back to Syd at the top of the order.

DungeonMaster77
2008-02-05, 09:11 AM
Father Porter

I use this round to shut the door, as you said it would be a full-round action.

"Guys, I'm trying to shut the door. It's stuck a little. This should at least keep it indoors."

Theli
Just in case you want one:
Strength Check: [roll0]

Edit: Finally...a decent roll!

GimliFett
2008-02-05, 09:26 AM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 8/8 (4 subdual); AC: 13, t 11, ff 12

With really no options, Syd swaps his rapier for his sap. "Try and herd it back upstairs," he says as he retreats to the upper floor, clearing the way to maneuver the big bug.

EDIT: Razzafrazzafricka! Pbth!
Attack (subdual): [roll0]
Crit?: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

WillWolf
2008-02-05, 05:54 PM
Richard:

Still in somewhat pain from the fall, Richard stays there making sure that the bug thing did not get through him. There was literally nothing else to be done.

Theli
2008-02-05, 06:10 PM
The beast finally picks itself up from crawling off the floor and tackles the humanoid blocking its way.

OOC:

Beast stands up from prone, then bull rushes Richard.

Carmot and Richard can make AoOs if they so choose. Richard, make an opposed Str check.

After this is resolved, it will be Aelodin's turn, then Richard, Carmot, and Padre (who has already declared his action) in that order.

Randel
2008-02-06, 12:41 AM
Carmot


AoO kick roll: [roll0]
kick damage: [roll1]


On his turn Carmot helps Syd herd the beast back upstairs by kicking it.

Kick attack roll: [roll2]
kick damage: [roll3]

Suzuro
2008-02-07, 08:15 PM
Aelodin seems to 'dance' on the stairs, trying to find an opening where he can add his kick into the beast....




OOC
wow...there is just not too much I can do....



-Suzuro

Theli
2008-02-08, 01:00 AM
Richard holds his ground, despite his awkward position, and the beast is held fast as the warforged gives it another boot to the head.

He then advances up the stairs to give others a chance to strike it. While down below a door can be heard slamming shut.

OOC:

Come on guys, there's easily things you can do in order to push it into a better position. So far Syd and Carmot have taken an action this round.

WillWolf
2008-02-08, 02:21 AM
Richard:

Richard continues to hold his ground.

((OOC: Probably, but Richard is not particularly smart sooo you guys need to figure something out. @[email protected];; Also sorry for not responding, it's been a busy week.))

DungeonMaster77
2008-02-08, 07:45 AM
Father Porter

"Okay guys, the door down here is shut! Now what?"

I move to the bottom of the stairs at B6.

((OOC: Okay, I really didn't mean for that to rhyme...))

Suzuro
2008-02-09, 01:01 PM
Hah!

Aelodin said as he leaped at the beast, as it finally came within his range.


Kick: 1d20+2]
damage: [roll0]



I think I read about how you can still do unarmed strikes while carrying something, if I'm wrong, just tell me.



Stats
HP: 8 (2 Subdual damage) (Fatigued) AC: 17





-Suzuro

Randel
2008-02-09, 03:27 PM
Carmot

Realising that he's kind of blocking the others from doing anything he says "If anyone wants to switch places with me I'd be glad to." He gets ready to move or take a five-foot step to switch places with anyone who asks.

((My tactics are to kick the thing when I'm close. and move away from it to let the others deal with it better. If it ever gets to a position where there is an empty spot around it, he'll go in to help surround to flank it to move it back to its room.))

WillWolf
2008-02-09, 11:42 PM
Richard:

This is not working. "Look we can't do anything on the stairs here." He growled in frustration, again. The only possible thing he could think of to get this beast was to net it. "Father can you see anything to net the thing?"

Syd was good at finding things. "Syd any nets up stairs?"

Theli
2008-02-10, 03:06 AM
The beast easily dodges the elf's awkward strike. It tries once more to rush the blockade... And again fails miserably.

The priest positions himself at the bottom of the stairs.

OOC:

You posted a broken roll tag Suzuro, so I rolled for ya. You didn't do well.

WillWolf, you can bull rush the creature, assuming that there's nothing behind it. I would give it a +2 circumstance bonus for being on stairs above ya, but you've been rolling well, so who knows. You can wait for Aelodin to attack and then move back. Everybody else can be assumed to have moved back as well. Just post that that's what you want to do.


Now let's get through this. Just post what you would like to do, given a proper opening. There's no point for initiative to take effect in this situation.

I will give a hint, this guy has a good amount of HP and a non-poor AC. So perhaps maneuvering it around really is a better option.

WillWolf
2008-02-10, 04:59 AM
Richard:

"Flame, this is dumb!" Richard said as he got attacked again. This was quite possibly the most awkward position to fight in, and his patience was running thin. Sooner or later the beast-y would sneak through.

"Father be ready. Get out of the way guys!" He said to his friends. He had no desire to harm the creature; however, he just couldn't let it go downstairs either. He decided to just charge it back up the stairs.

He attempted to rush the bug upstairs.

With his sword and shield in hand, he pressed up the stairs, knowing that there was a good chance that the creature would damage him in the process. His friends must have had a good reason for attacking the poor thing. Syd had jumped into the bug's room and Carmot seemed intent on kicking it unto death. He did trust his newfound friends, but he really didn't see the reasons to keep the bug locked up either.

Strength check: [roll0]. I'm not sure of what my modifier is anymore considering I forget what my mod is after the cold weather.

Strength mod is +1.

Theli
2008-02-10, 10:57 AM
The supposed "pet" is pushed up the stairs 5 feet. Scared of losing ground, it lashes out...unsuccessfully.

OOC:

Btw, you can do non-lethal with anything... You just take a -4 penalty and can't do sneak attack damage (except with a sap, whip, or monk unarmed strike.) This includes ranged weapons.

Realize that that's another -4 if you don't have precise shot. (Due to there being an ally within melee range.)

Suzuro
2008-02-10, 07:11 PM
Okay, is it just me, or is this not particularly effective? He spoke, nearly stopping in his tracks.


He suddenly jumped back and yelled Everybody above the thing, get out of the way.We'll get this thing up top and then mob it!

Just as he spoke, Richard came plowing upwards into the beast and, if Aelodin hadn't jumped backwards, he may have fallen from the surprise.

He continued to move up the stairs and into the open.



Move up to the top of the stairs and into A 5.




-Suzuro

DungeonMaster77
2008-02-11, 08:20 AM
Father Porter

Theli:
Do I see anything strong enough and big enough to be used as a net for this creature?

Spot Check (if needed): [roll0]

"Alright, I'm looking for something to use!"

Theli
2008-02-11, 08:26 AM
There's a lot of debris on the 1st floor, but nothing intact enough to be really usable.

DungeonMaster77
2008-02-11, 08:39 AM
Father Porter

"Guys? I'm not seeing anything, just debris!"

GimliFett
2008-02-11, 09:59 AM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 8/8 (4 subdual); AC: 13, t 11, ff 12

"Got an idea!" the dwarf calls to his friends. After sheathing his rapier, Syd rummages in his pack for his rope, a line 50' long. He coils it up and tries to knot a lasso big enough to fit around some portion of the bug.

Use Rope: [roll0]; Damn fatigue!
Action Point (if result < 15): [roll1]
I'll be trying to lasso the bug, Theli. You may make rolls at your leisure.
Lather. Rinse. Repeat. :smallbiggrin:

Theli
2008-02-11, 10:55 AM
OOC:

Hah! Ok, there are no rules for this, but there's no reason why you couldn't try it. (For reference, I'm pretty willing to make up rules on the fly. But there's some things you just can't do or that just aren't effective.)

I'm treating it as an improvised net. So that's a -4 for non-proficiency and another -4 for a ranged attack against a target that's near an ally. Fortunately, this is a touch ranged attack. However, you'd need to close the distance in order to use it.

Here are the rules for an impromptu lasso:
To create one from rope is a full-round action at DC 15. (You can use a standard action to start and another standard action next round to finish...)
It's only effective at 10 feet or less. (You have no specialized skill with it.)
It's an exotic weapon, but EWP: Net will still give a -4 penalty. You'd need EWP: Lasso.
It's a ranged touch attack which does not entangle as a normal net. (Again, you'd really need some specialized skill to do this properly.)
It can be escaped with a DC of 20 or burst with a DC given by the rope. And you can attempt an opposed strength check to hold it and prevent the creature from escaping.

There are no rules for dragging a character that's hit by a net, but I figure that bull rush rules should work for this purpose... With the caveat that a high enough opposed check by the target could burst the lasso.

So I'd figure you spend this round fishing out the rope and then start making your lasso, and then next round you finish making it and move into position. So the round after that you can attempt to use it.

WillWolf
2008-02-12, 02:33 AM
Richard:

He took a long look at Syd. "Syyyyyyd." He did not like that look, particularly since he saw it when he rolled through the door. He needed to continue pushing that bug back up the stairs.

Strength Check: [roll0]

Theli
2008-02-13, 01:11 PM
The beast locks horns with Richard. Sometimes one gains ground, sometimes the other.

They struggle for a while until Syd creeps up behind it with an impromptu lasso which he uses to easily ensnare the creature.

Slowly they begin to haul the beast up the stairs. But, halfway through the process, it gets a lucky hit on Richard, biting his arm.

Once up the stairs, the rest of the party is able to help distract it and avoid any more damage until just before the end... Where it again scores a lucky hit, this time gouging out Syd's hand as he struggled to close the door.

Some of the length of the rope had to be sacrificed as there was no time to remove it. Syd's rope is now 10 ft. shorter, assuming he chooses to cut it.

The beast whines pitifully behind the closed door, as the fluttering of wings can be heard by all from behind the double doors at the top of the stairs.

OOC:

Richard sustains 5 lethal damage, while Syd sustains 2 lethal. The beast is now safely back in its room.

We are now out of round by round.

GimliFett
2008-02-13, 01:21 PM
Sydian d'Kundarak

With the door closed, keeping the big bug in the room from which it originally emerged, Syd leans against the wall and slides down to a squatting position. "See, Richard!" he pants as he shakes his hand, trying to alleviate the stinging pain. "I told you I had an idea! And it worked, too!" the dwarf adds with a grin.

Hearing the fluttering of many wings, he looks at the others and chuckles. "Remember to stay outta that double-door room. Lotsa bats." As his panting subsides, he stands once more and arches his back, eliciting a couple of pops.

"So what say we check out the rest of this place and figure out why our friend the bartender's friend has a giant bug as a pet?" he asks.

I'll sacrifice the 10' of rope. No worries. :smallbiggrin: That was fun!

DungeonMaster77
2008-02-13, 02:34 PM
Father Porter

After seeing the beast 'safely' put upstairs, I walk back upstairs with the party.

"Glad that ordeal is over. Now what? Search the upstairs or downstairs? I'm not a fan of the 'Let's split up to cover more ground' tactic."

GimliFett
2008-02-14, 02:02 PM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 6/8 (4 subdual); AC: 13, t 11, ff 12

Looking down the hallway, Syd says, "Let's finish the upstairs. I doubt there's much down there we didn't already notice." With that he draws his rapier and moves to the next door, tilting his head and listening intently for any sound within the room.

Listen: [roll0]
Must...get...rid...of...FATIGUE! :smallannoyed:

Theli
2008-02-14, 02:11 PM
Nary a sound can be heard from behind that door.

WillWolf
2008-02-15, 03:35 AM
Richard:

Managed to give Syd a rather cold glare. He was incredibly tired and sore and had the look like he was very close to collapsing. This was not his most fun day and frankly that scuffle with the bug was too difficult for him right now. He panted in a rather animal-like way.

"Syd, by the flame ..." This was continued along with mild statements of extreme displeasure and "lousy bugs. ... Bugs, Reaches, bugs." and he plopped himself on the ground rather unwilling to move for a little while as he catched his breath. "Dwarves ... halflings. ... bugs! ... Elves. Flame!"

He got up when Syd and the others decided to move along. Following in pursuit, hoping that he did not have to deal with anymore threats.

"Won't the" he panted "bats come out tonight?" He didn't really like the idea of sleeping or staying the night in a bat-filled house.

There was a moment of silence.

"Why was there a bug *pants* here anyway?

OOC:
Sorry for the inactivity. I was quite sick this week.

DungeonMaster77
2008-02-15, 07:59 AM
Father Porter

Padre, who also seems quite tired and cold, speaks up.

"By the sacred Silver Flame, I'm all about finding out more about this mysterious friend of our friend the innkeeper, but seriously, some of us are close to frostbite, and in need of rest. I say we get a fire started downstairs, warm up, rest up, and take a go at it again in the morning."

Suzuro
2008-02-15, 06:52 PM
Aelodin stood silently, and listened to everybody elses panting, he, himself had done hardly anything, and thus was spared from any such nonesense.


I agree, Father, we need rest right now. We can try again later, maybe get some answers.



OOC
Sorry, I'm somewhat busy right now, more later




-Suzuro

GimliFett
2008-02-15, 07:20 PM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 6/8 (4 subdual); AC: 13, t 11, ff 12

Clearly not pleased with the decision, Syd shakes his head but heads for the stairs anyway. "Whatever," he mutters.

Randel
2008-02-15, 07:52 PM
Carmot

"I agree with the general consent. I have already prepared a fire downstairs where we may warm ourselves. Though we may need to get more wood if we are to last out the night."

He checks the fireplace to see how much firewood they have on hand. If it looks like they might need more then he heads outside to get some wood, starting with any stacks of lumber or failing that twigs and branches. Then he stacks the wood inside near the fire so that the heat from the fire helps dry the firewood off.

He avoids being outside long enough to take cold damage and when done he rests by the fire to warm up.

Theli
2008-02-16, 02:33 AM
It's wet and grimy, but there seems to be enough wood for almost two 8 hour stints. If you stack it near the fire, it will likely dry off in the time left for the wood that's already there (which is about 3 hours.) If you choose to go outside for more firewood, make a survival check.

OOC:

You won't need the fire to rest. However, you're not going to be able to rest twice in a row unless you intend to rest for a full 24 hours. Besides that, you'll only regain 1 HP Lethal due to your level for the 8 hour rest. You'll heal 1 HP Non-Lethal per hour, and you don't even have to be resting. Once you heal all the non-lethal damage caused by frostbite (from where you were running through the cold snap outside) you'll no longer be fatigued. (Healing non-lethal happens the same for warforged, as I don't see any reason why this should be put under the natural healing label by RAW.)

You left in the morning. I'd estimate roughly 6-7 hours travel. So by the latest it's 4 PM right now. The cleric will not be able to pray until its sunrise again. There's no reason why you couldn't wait that long, so if two people agree to do this, then I'll assume that they speak for the whole party and progress the game. As a reminder the 8-hour recent caster limit is still in effect. As I'll suggest that dawn is at 6AM, you can safely cast until 11 PM without worrying about not being able to refresh slots. (Gave the extra hour as it takes an hour to pray for an entire spell loadout and there's no reason to calculate the limit from the beginning of that hour.)

If you do get interrupted during the night, then you aren't able to heal lethal naturally unless you try for another 8 hours after that point. If someone chooses to stand guard, rest will be interrupted for them if they don't get the full continuous 8 hours.

Again, if you wish you can have someone attempt a heal check to double the healing gained from rest. The DC is 15 and this is something you can take 10 on.

GimliFett
2008-02-16, 11:32 AM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 6/8 (4 nonlethal); AC: 13, t 11, ff 12; fatigued

After warming up sufficently, Syd is feeling much better. He sits with the others for a bit, but eventually stands up and starts pacing. "Not to be a pest or anything, but we really don't know what else is in here with us. I'll assume it's not aggressive, or it's otherwise occupied, but that doesn't mean we should just let sleeping...things lie," he says as he pauses his pacing long enough to speak, then resumes once more, now dancing a coin across his knuckles while moving.

I dunno how much time we're elapsing, lemme know so I can adjust my nonlehal damage.

Suzuro
2008-02-17, 07:31 PM
Well...I don't really need a lot of rest, so, I can take watch. If someone else wants to take a second watch, that'd help me out, otherwise, I'm fine. I'll wake up everyone if that....thing or it's friends come back down

Aelodin said as he walked downstairs and stood next to the fire, back to the flame.

After getting warm, he sets his bag near the fire to dry it out.


If you're going out to get more firewood, I'll come with you. Buddy system is always a wise choice



If I go out to get firewood with him, here is my survival check: [roll0]


-Suzuro

Theli
2008-02-17, 07:40 PM
2 hours pass uneventfully...

OOC:

Just trying to help move it along.

WillWolf
2008-02-18, 01:22 AM
Richard:

He looks a bit better, but still not willing to go searching around in the dark for anything else that went bump in the night. He was really quite tired and not looking so great after that incident with the bug and the weather. He said "fine, but no more breaking doors. ... I'll take second shift, I guess.""

Theli
2008-02-18, 09:22 AM
The 3rd hour passes, as the flames start to die down...

GimliFett
2008-02-18, 09:37 AM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 6/8 (1 nonlethal); AC: 14, t 12, ff 12

The dwarf snoozes lightly in the corner, the slightest sound seems to awaken him long enough to look around and make sure nothing is going on before closing his eyes once more and returning to his nap. "Is there a back door to this place?" he asks though he does not open his eyes. "If not, I can alarm the front door for two hours. Otherwise the back."

Okay. So I've gotten back 3 of my 4 non-lethal damage. Are we going with needing 8 hours to recover the fatigue? Excellent! I forgot that part.
EDIT: amended spoiler; dropped fatigue.

Theli
2008-02-18, 09:44 AM
You will recall no obvious back door.

OOC:

Nope, as I said in the OOC thread:

You get unfatigued after all the non-lethal damage from the source that caused you to be fatigued goes away, at least as far as environmental factors go.

Randel
2008-02-18, 09:39 PM
Carmot

Having not cast any infusions, Carmot doesn't quite need to rest like the others. "I will take watch and keep the fire going." he says, "No need to place alarm spells either."

When the fire begins to die down, he puts fresh wood on it.

As the the others rest, he decides to take a quick peek back upstairs. After locking the front door (or baring it with a chair or something) he quietly moves upstairs with a lantern and listens to the doors, taking 20 at each one to hear any sounds behind them.

((he takes 20 at each door... with a total listen skill modifier of +0. He might cup his hand over his ears and lean against the doors if that helps.))

Theli
2008-02-18, 10:02 PM
As you're already aware of the beasts behind the far left door and the double doors, you start at the 2nd door from the left. As you lean against it to listen...

Carmot:

Make a reflex save.

OOC: This was sooo close to hitting Syd. :D

Randel
2008-02-19, 01:44 AM
Carmot

Reflex: [roll0]

DungeonMaster77
2008-02-19, 08:23 AM
Father Porter

Padre is snoring quite soundly near the fire.

Theli
2008-02-19, 09:33 AM
Carmot:

...you feel the ground beneath your feet give way. The next second you're face up on a very comfy, and still mostly intact, couch downstairs.


There's a slight click along with the sound of debris being shoved aside, followed by a loud, but somewhat muffled, bang as if something very heavy fell from a great height. If you look around, you'll find the warforged sprawled face up on a couch that didn't used to be there...

GimliFett
2008-02-19, 09:45 AM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 6/8; AC: 14, t 12, ff 12

Syd sits up and glares at the warforged. "What in Khyber just happened?"

Randel
2008-02-19, 08:06 PM
Carmot

The warforged carefully gets up out of the couch. "I... did some looking around upstairs. Just listening to the doors. When I leaned against one of the doors the floor gave way and I found myself down here..."

He looks up at the ceiling, trying to figure out what happened. "Is this some kind of..." the thinks of the proper term "fun house?"

Theli
2008-02-19, 08:34 PM
There is a, now obvious, trap door already triggered in the ceiling above.

Suzuro
2008-02-19, 10:30 PM
Hahaa! Something that could only happen to you! Hah! Anyways, if you go back up, I'm coming with you. By the looks of that trap door, it could be dangerous, it'd be better to have more people.





-Suzuro

GimliFett
2008-02-19, 11:24 PM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 6/8; AC: 14, t 12, ff 12

Continuing his glare at the warforged, Syd comments dryly without looking at the elf, "Yes, so we can all fall down it next time. Lemme check it out." The dwarf stands and straps his rapier to his belt. "Ready?"

Randel
2008-02-20, 01:25 AM
Carmot

The warforged heads back up the stairs with the others. Then he checks the upper floor for traps.

"There is more to this building than just an animal infestation."

Search: [roll0]

((Okay... I think he'll take 20 now. Or at least as long as the others will let him look around.))

DungeonMaster77
2008-02-20, 08:39 AM
Father Porter

After the couch incident, Padre wakes up, and shakes his head.

"Wait, whaa?"

Now rubbing the sleep from his eyes, "Is it my turn for watch already? Wow, I don't feel like I slept long at all and...wait...what's with the couch? And the hole in the ceiling?"

Theli
2008-02-20, 09:13 AM
Carmot runs an exhaustive search of the upper floor hallway, for as long as people will let him, but fails to find anymore traps or secrets.

GimliFett
2008-02-20, 09:28 AM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 6/8; AC: 14, t 12, ff 12

Quietly, Syd watches the warforged search the area. When his search begins to stretch out, the dwarf sighs loudly and starts tapping his foot. "Look, nothin' personal, but this is what I do. So why don't we let me do it?" he asks as he moves to the trapdoor and inspects it, trying to ascertain its trigger and make sure no other surprises awaited the group. When finished, he grasps the doorknob, twists and pushes inward slowly.

Take 20 for a 28 Search check.

Theli
2008-02-20, 09:33 AM
Syd finds nothing more about the door and the area in front of it.

The trapdoor, and apparently the couch below, was triggered to activate whenever someone touched the door. With it activated, you find that the door isn't even locked.

When you open it, you find a completely bare and featureless 15 c.ft. room. There is some amount of dust buildup on the floor and nothing more.

GimliFett
2008-02-20, 09:51 AM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 6/8; AC: 14, t 12, ff 12

The dwarf sticks his head in far enough to look around, noting windows and seeking holes in the ceiling as he found in the other rooms. "Nothin' to see here, it seems. Next!" After satisfying his curiosity, Syd closes the door and moves to the next one, repeating his search for any traps in the floor or doorway itself. "One cannot be careful enough when it comes to traps," he explains.

Take 20 for a 28 Search check.

Theli
2008-02-20, 09:53 AM
There was a window on the opposite side. And the ceiling was pristine, but had no holes.

Through his searching, Syd will find no traps. However, this door is pretty obviously locked.

GimliFett
2008-02-20, 10:06 AM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 6/8; AC: 14, t 12, ff 12

Syd laces his fingers together and arching them outward to elicit a series of pops. He then pulls out his tools and prepares to pick the lock. He pauses for just a moment, listening, then raps his knuckles twice on the door as he tilts his head to listen once more. "Anyone home?" he calls through the door.

@Theli: Are you making our Listen checks, still? If not, then:
Listen (before knock): [roll0]
Listen (after knock): [roll1]
Take 20 for a 26 Open Lock check.

Theli
2008-02-20, 10:10 AM
There is no response from the other side. With a *click*, the door is no longer locked.

OOC:

Yeah, I'm still running passive listen checks. You can always run active listen retries, but each one takes a bit of time.

GimliFett
2008-02-20, 10:15 AM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 6/8; AC: 14, t 12, ff 12

After replacing his tools to their pouch, Syd opens the door slowly and fully, until it bumps against something behind the door or the wall itself. "Voila'!" he says with a bow and a grin as he looks into the room.

@Theli: Fair 'nuff. As I mentioned, this is precisely where Syd tends to take his time, unless circumstances dictate otherwise. :smallbiggrin:

Theli
2008-02-20, 10:21 AM
There are a few items strewn across the floor of this otherwise barren room, however your eyes are drawn to a glowing mace lain carefully in the middle of it.

GimliFett
2008-02-20, 10:32 AM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 6/8; AC: 14, t 12, ff 12

Raising a puzzled eyebrow, Syd looks intently at the mace for any kind of markings or anything connected to it. "Well. There's somethin' you don't see every day," he muses aloud.

Theli
2008-02-20, 10:35 AM
It is simply a finely crafted mace, though the style is a little "Old Galifar".

GimliFett
2008-02-20, 10:41 AM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 6/8; AC: 14, t 12, ff 12

"Old," Syd mumbles. "Or a replica?" he continues, thinking aloud. "I should've listened to Da a bit more," he adds with a smile. "He'd be glad to hear me say that, I think. Anyway, what about you guys? Is it actually magic or just the appearance of it? This is outside of my abilities, I'm afraid." The dwarf shrugs as he looks at his friends, then walks over and picks the mace up to get a closer view of it.

@Theli: How many doors have we not checked?

Theli
2008-02-20, 10:49 AM
By this time, the 4th hour would have passed. No one is fatigued any longer.

As Syd moves to pick up the glowing mace, he notices other treasures amidst the general clutter.

There is a tantalizing pouch in the corner, a wooden shield in another, a scroll propped up on a third, and an extremely beautiful looking dagger of mixed silver and gold with a large ruby inset on the pommel in the last.

OOC:

On the 2nd floor there is just the last door at the end of the hallway.

Suzuro
2008-02-21, 12:55 AM
Wow.....why are random treasures doing in the middle of an old abandoned building?! Anyways, maybe we should check that last door before we get too carried away with these items...

Aelodin walks gently over to Syd, still wary of the floor, not trusting it entirely.


Syd, if you would be so kind to check the last one, since, after all, it iswhat you do. the elf speaks, only half sarcastically.




-Suzuro

Randel
2008-02-21, 01:23 AM
Carmot

The warforged peeks inside and looks at the items. "I must say this is odd... why would they trap the entrance to an empty room and merely lock the one with treasure? I imagine it would be a simple enough task to put a lock on the door with the trapdoor in front of it... and the hole would make it more difficult for one to pick the lock."

The warforged carefully enters the empty room, careful to not fall into the hole. He searches the room carefully.

((take 20 on search check to search the empty room, for 26))

Theli
2008-02-21, 08:01 AM
Carmot desperately searches for something odd in the absolutely barren room, to no avail. When about ready to leave the room behind, the warforged suddenly gets the feeling that there's something watching. Out of the corner of their eye there is a slight movement, but when the warforged turns around there's nothing there...

GimliFett
2008-02-21, 09:33 AM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 6/8; AC: 14, t 12, ff 12

Syd grins at the elf. "Sure, Aelodin, just a sec." he says as he walks over to the corner with the pouch and picks it up. He holds the mace under his right arm and opens the pouch in order to look inside.

Theli
2008-02-21, 09:36 AM
Almost a hundred gold coins are contained within.

GimliFett
2008-02-21, 09:41 AM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 6/8; AC: 14, t 12, ff 12

Frowning, the dwarf closes the pouch up and attaches it to his belt. "That's it?" he mutters to himself before heading over to the scroll. "Don't worry, I'm just checking things out. I'm not gonna keep all of it," Syd calls over his shoulder as a huge grin splits his face. He picks up the scroll and unrolls it.

Theli
2008-02-21, 10:00 AM
Incomprehensible scribbles are inscribed on this rolled parchment.

GimliFett
2008-02-21, 10:20 AM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 6/8; AC: 14, t 12, ff 12

The dwarf grins and rerolls the scroll. "Just like Da makes." He slides the scroll into his belt, and walks towards the dagger. "Scroll's magic, I think. Who reads magic?" Syd asks as he lifts the dagger and inspects it.

Theli
2008-02-21, 10:38 AM
It's a very fine and artistic dagger, obviously worth a lot of money. It might be usable in a fight, but its main purpose is probably just to look good.

GimliFett
2008-02-21, 11:00 AM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 6/8; AC: 14, t 12, ff 12

Sliding the dagger into his now cluttered belt, Syd crosses to the shield and hefts it. "How d'yall use these things?" he asks no one in particular.

Theli
2008-02-21, 11:18 AM
When you heft the shield, you find that it is unbelievably light.

OOC

You bash, poke, defend, read, and roll around in. What's so hard to figure out? :D

GimliFett
2008-02-21, 11:30 AM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 6/8; AC: 14, t 12, ff 12

Holding the mace in his left hand and wielding the shield on his right arm, Syd strikes a pose. "How's this look?" he asks, then starts laughing. "Not really my style, though this shield is really light, it might be useful." The dwarf rejoins the others in the hallway. "I'll check the next door in a moment."

Is it darkwood? Can I tell?

Theli
2008-02-21, 11:37 AM
You could know, if you had some ranks in Knowledge: Nature and passed a DC 15 check. :p

However, OOCly, yes, I can tell you that it's a darkwood shield. Probably isn't too hard to figure out given the weight, which I'd have to tell you anyway.

WillWolf
2008-02-21, 04:42 PM
Richard:

Richard was sleeping silently when he was awoken with a thump, and groggily followed the others to that room with the items. The first thing he does is check to see if any of the objects are tainted, focusing his attention, mind, spirit, and soul onto them. He highly doubted that any of them would be, but it was best to check this out.

He didn't particularly enjoy taking these objects, but the previous owner hadn't been here for a very, very long time and to him the real crime would be just to leave them here when they were obviously still of good use. The only thing of use to him though would be the shield or the mace though, and he was much more comfortable with the sword than the mace.

"The shield could be useful." He said as he picked it up after Syd, admiring it's lightness. "But before we .. erm, take these goods we should see if they belong to someone."

GimliFett
2008-02-21, 05:02 PM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 6/8; AC: 14, t 12, ff 12

The dwarf looks sideways at Richard. "Well, of course! I'll check that last door!" he says as he walks over to it and repeats his previous actions once more: inspecting the door and floor for any sign of trap, then listening, knocking and listening once more.

Take 20 for 28 Search check.
Listen: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Theli
2008-02-21, 05:10 PM
There are no traps and its not even locked. Not a sound can be heard from behind the door.

Opening it, you see a well-kept bedroom. There's a large bed which takes up most of the room, with a small dresser in front of it. To the left of the bed near the opposite wall is a small chest. Besides the miscellaneous accouterments that normally occupy a bedroom, there is nothing else.

GimliFett
2008-02-21, 05:16 PM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 6/8; AC: 14, t 12, ff 12

Syd saunters into the room and looks around. Seeing the chest, his eyes widen as a grin spreads across his face and he moves to it immediately, kneeling in the dust in front of the chest and setting the mace down behind him. The dwarf searches the chest as thoroughly as he did the previous doors, floors and doorways.

First off how much dust?
Take 20 for 28 Search check on chest.

Theli
2008-02-21, 05:26 PM
There is actually quite a bit of dust on the chest. Searching around it reveals no traps or anything else odd. However, when you come near it you smell an incredibly strong aroma of preserved spices.

Suzuro
2008-02-21, 08:32 PM
Hmmmm...isn't it odd that all those items where just....sitting there? They weren't hidden, they weren't piled up, they were sitting there, separately...I know this is going to sound insane...hehe, but it's almost like they were left there for us...come to think of it, Syd, did the items have any dust on them when you picked them up?

He ponders as he walks with the others to the next room.

As he sees the chest, and Syd basically prance to it, grin on his face, his mood is abruptly cheered up. Hah! This really is what you do, isn't it?! Hah!



-Suzuro

Randel
2008-02-21, 10:11 PM
Carmot

"Fellow adventurers, my sensors may have detected something invisible... it was, something out of the corner of my eye."

Carmot stops searching the room and, curious about this feeling, walks to the entrance of the room. Standing in the doorway and careful to avoid falling down the hole, he looks back into the room trying to spot anything odd.

Turning his head to the side, he looks into the room through the corner of his eye and slowly rotates his head as he scans the room. If there is an invisible sensor or an illusion... perhaps he can will himself to see it.

"If there is an invisible presence in this room, perhaps we can use dust or a sheet to make it visible."

((taking 20 on spot checks or whatever checks I need to see past illusions))

Theli
2008-02-22, 12:03 AM
Carmot fails to find anything more...

As to the items on the floor, there was a little dust, but not nearly as much as there is on that chest.


Sorry, but there's just no way you'll see something again at this time. Though you're free to try whatever methods you want.

GimliFett
2008-02-22, 11:18 AM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 6/8; AC: 14, t 12, ff 12

Never removing his eyes from the chest, Syd takes his tools out once more. "Yeah, Aelodin. This is what I do. And I love it," he beams.

"Did Carmot say there was somethin' invisible back there?" he asks as he brushes the thick layer of dust from the chest while covering his mouth with his cloak. Once finished with that he starts picking and prodding the lock on the chest.

Take 20 for 26 Open Lock check on chest.

Theli
2008-02-22, 11:58 AM
As soon as Syd starts his attempts to pick the lock, the chest begins to shudder and comes to life! While to his side, one of the small bedspreads begins to shift.

The chest firmly shoves itself forward, attempting to crush the unaware lockpicker, which it accomplishes handily. The bedspread as well lifts itself up and pitches forward, attempting to cover the dwarf. But it fails to find any purchase and shifts itself back onto the bed.

Roll Initiative!

OOC:

Syd suffers 3 lethal from the blow.

Everyone can start just outside the room, if they want to. It's a DC 10 jump check to hop onto the bed, or you could just spend a move to get on top of it.

GimliFett
2008-02-22, 12:05 PM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 3/8; AC: 14, t 12, ff 12

"YEEAAAGH!" the dwarf screams as he tries to maneuver away from the assault.

Well, gang, I may not be long for this fight... Ouch!
Initiative: [roll0]

WillWolf
2008-02-22, 09:23 PM
Richard:

"Good, good. ..." Richard puts down the shield, picks up his own, and carries on after Syd. He turns around when Carmot mentions illusions and so forth, but focuses more on the screams of terror in the next room.

He (hopefully) jumps on to the bed and slashes his sword at the chest.

"For the Flame!"

Jump check: [roll0]AC kills my strength mod. *tear*
Attack roll: [roll1]

DungeonMaster77
2008-02-23, 01:08 AM
Father Porter

Important DM Info:

AC: 17
HP: 9/9

"By the sacred Flame, can we just get some rest before something else...By Khyber's tale, what have you done now?!"

I pick up my morningstar as I get up, and move over to attack the chest.

Init:
[spoiler][roll0]

Suzuro
2008-02-23, 01:53 AM
Aelodin
HP:8/8 AC: 17

What is that? ....is that a ....chest?!


Jumping to the side of the chest he wields his pick and brings it down.



[roll0]
Move to the chest and attack it, wielding my pick in both hands.
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]



-Suzuro

Suzuro
2008-02-23, 01:55 AM
Wooot! Critical threat! oh, and that should be 8 damage.

Confirm: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] +8= total damage






-Suzuro

WillWolf
2008-02-23, 05:11 PM
Longsword damage: [roll0]

Theli
2008-02-23, 05:53 PM
Initiative Order:

Aelodin: 12
Vicious Bedroom Accessories of Horror: ???
Richard: 10
Syd: 7
Padre: 7
Carmot: 3


Aelodin jumps onto the bed, in order to maneuver into position to strike the chest. He lands a solid blow and shards of the chest go flying, but it is unfazed as it turns its attention on him. The chest hurls itself up at the elf, and just barely lands a solid blow. The small bedspread again tries to cover an opponent, this time Aelodin, but again fails to find purchase and retreats.

As all angles of attack against the chest are now block, Richard has no choice but to strike the small bedspread itself. He hops up on the bed and gives it a swing, however the crafty cloth easily dodges it.

OOC:

Aelodin sustains 1 lethal. Btw, don't forget to declare your dodge next time. :D

I will assume that by the time Padre's turn rolls around, Syd will have moved away, giving the cleric a chance to move next to the chest in order to attack. So go ahead and roll it.

Those who have taking their turns this round: Aelodin, Vicious Accessories, Richard
Still waiting for: Syd, Padre, Carmot.

Aelodin and Richard can declare their actions for the next round.

WillWolf
2008-02-23, 09:17 PM
Richard:

Again strikes the bedspread that he is currently quite close to. ... Fighting bedsheets, good grief. He however wasn't going to take this unkindly.

"May my sword strike Silver into your heart!"

Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll:[roll1]

Theli
2008-02-23, 09:20 PM
OOC:

This is actually a pretty small bedspread and it doesn't take up the entire bed. It's actually one of those superfluous sheets you might put on top of other sheets. Essentially, it just takes up a 5 foot square. The bed itself takes up 4 squares total.

Randel
2008-02-23, 10:03 PM
Carmot

"Danger, Syd is being assaulted by someones ravenous chest!"

Carmot sees the two animated objects and quickly infuses his crossbow to bane it against constructs.

Use an action point to use personal weapon augmentation on crossbow. Bane: constructs

GimliFett
2008-02-25, 02:15 PM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 3/8; AC: 14, t 12, ff 12

"Hey! Not nice!" Syd growls at the animated chest, even as he jabs his rapier at it and hops back a step.

Attack: [roll0]
Crit?: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Theli
2008-02-25, 02:25 PM
Syd's rapier connects, and there is now a new hole in the chest. The smell of spices gets even stronger.

GimliFett
2008-02-25, 02:53 PM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 3/8; AC: 14, t 12, ff 12

"Hey! How d'ya subdue a chest?" Syd asks the others. "And what's with the smell? I like spices, but this is wierd."

Suzuro
2008-02-25, 11:23 PM
Aelodin
HP: 7/8 AC: 17 (18 against bedspread)


Stupid chest..., mumbling.


Take this!



Attack the chest again.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Dodge against bedspread


-Suzuro

Suzuro
2008-02-25, 11:24 PM
I'm going to use an action point for that attack roll..

[roll0]


-Suzuro

Theli
2008-02-26, 08:03 AM
An angry Father Porter rushes up to the chest and swings wildly with his morningstar, failing to connect, as the warforged weaves his magic in the doorway.

The elf takes another swing, backing up Padre with a hit as solid as the last. The chest's top swings open, its hinges broken, and it lies still. The bedspread goes after him again as well, this time just whipping around trying to do some damage, but Aedolin dodges it easily. It then undulates to move to the north, into the corner.

OOC:

Chest is down. Bedspread took its turn.

Richard, Syd, Padre, and Carmot can take their turns for the 2nd round.

GimliFett
2008-02-26, 11:25 AM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 3/8; AC: 14, t 12, ff 12

Not able to help himself, Syd steps forward and glances into the now open chest before attacking the bedspread with his rapier. "Wierd world in which we wiv," he mutters.

Attack: [roll0]
Crit?: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Forgot I can't crit construct... :smallfrown:

Theli
2008-02-26, 12:05 PM
The innards of the chest consist of piles upon piles of packets of (surprise, surprise) spices. Three or four lie torn open, their contents spilled. There may be something else in the chest, but it's impossible to tell from a cursory glance.

OOC:

Holding off on Syd's attack until Richard gets a chance to go.

Randel
2008-02-27, 12:47 AM
Carmot

Carmot enters the room and fires his crossbow at the bedspread.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Bonus damage: [roll2]

WillWolf
2008-02-27, 01:19 AM
Richard:

"Gah" He swung his sword again at the bedspread.

[roll0] Damage: [roll1]

Theli
2008-02-28, 11:11 AM
Syd hops up on the bed, eyeing the chest, and gives the bedspread a good jab, ripping a huge hole within it. Richard tries to followup, but misses, while Padre is waiting for a chance to strike.

A moment later Richard backs up to allow Carmot a decent shot at the creature, but the bolt goes wide and misses entirely as he tries to avoid striking the dwarf and elf tag team that's currently on the bed. The priest then takes advantage of the opening to attempt his own swing at the vicious piece of fabric, hopping up on the bed with ease despite the heavy scale armor. However, the animated cloth easily dodges the drop of the morningstar.

OOC:

I moved Richard back to give Carmot a shot. I'll just assume that this is done more or less every round with different people so that everybody can get their hits in. It does have the penalty of requiring a DC 10 jump check to hop back up there, but hopefully nobody minds...

It's at the top of the order now and Aedolin's turn again.

Randel
2008-02-28, 10:26 PM
Carmot

Carmot reloads and, looking at the surrounded bedsheet sighs a little. If he can move to get a good shot at it he does so, but he doesn't want to risk hitting his team mates.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Bonus damage: [roll2]

Suzuro
2008-02-28, 11:41 PM
Aelodin
HP: 7/8 AC: 18 against bedspread

Beds....I may never look at them again... he said sarcastically.

Jumping around and almost falling down, he takes another swing.


Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
I'll get off so he can take a shot this turn.

-Suzuro

WillWolf
2008-02-29, 04:51 AM
Richard:

When someone got out of the way (anyone really) Richard jumped (hopefully) onto the bed and gave another swing at the bedspread.

[roll0]
Attack roll: [roll1]
Damage Roll: [roll2]

GimliFett
2008-02-29, 10:04 AM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 3/8; AC: 14, t 12, ff 12

Syd thrusts once more with his rapier, then hops off the bed and takes yet another quick glance inside the chest. "Spice packets? There's gotta be something else in there," he mutters.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Theli
2008-02-29, 12:40 PM
Aelodin again connects with a solid blow against what would normally be an inanimate defenseless object and then hops off the bed. But the vicious bedsheet would have none of that, as it moves to follow him. It then attempts to whip down at him, but the elf deftly sidesteps the attack.

Now everyone is in a position to strike the animated cloth, but it shows it supremacy by easily dodging all comers. Its undulations seem to take the characteristic of a gleeful taunt, but it's probably just your imagination.

OOC:

:p

Ok, the elf hits. The rest of you miss. Try again next round I guess.

You don't have to worry about moving to hit it anymore.

GF, if you wanna take a full round action to search through the chest, be my guest. You'll probably take an AoO though.

GimliFett
2008-02-29, 12:49 PM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 3/8; AC: 14, t 12, ff 12

The dwarf shakes his head, as if to clear it, then hops back onto the bed and pokes the rapier at the animated bedding. "Kinda ridiculous. Us fighting a blanket. Dontcha think?" he says with a grin.

Naw, that's okay. I'm just emphasizing how Syd's attention is split. He's focused on the task at hand, but his mind wanders a wee bit. :smallbiggrin:
If necessary -- Jump: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Suzuro
2008-02-29, 09:31 PM
Aelodin
HP: 7/8 AC: 18


Let's get it!

He gets around to the bed and, once again, attacks the sheet.



Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Let's see how this ends...


-Suzuro

WillWolf
2008-03-01, 03:48 AM
Richard:

He swung his sword again, embarrassed to keep on missing a bedsheet of all things.

[roll0] to attack. Damage: [roll1] Jump (only if needed) [roll2]

Theli
2008-03-01, 06:50 AM
Aelodin manages to strike the bedspread down. It lies in tatters over other, much bigger, bedspreads on the bed.

OOC:

Yup, that's it. Out of round by round. There are no other immediately pressing concerns in the general vicinity.

GimliFett
2008-03-01, 11:30 AM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 3/8; AC: 14, t 12, ff 12

After Aelodin's blow finishes the animated cloth, Syd deftly hops off the bed and sheaths his rapier. "Ow." he grimaces slightly, then notices the open chest once more. With a grin, he rubs his hands together and kneels next to the chest once more. "Okay. Whatchca got?" he asks as he starts to sift through the spice packets.

Theli
2008-03-01, 11:48 AM
OOC:

That's a search check. Unless you're ok with spending 2 minutes taking 20.

WillWolf
2008-03-01, 04:09 PM
Richard:

"Carmot? There was something invisible?" He said once the bedsheets and chests were done attacking them. "Can you still find it?"

Why the dwarf was searching through the spices, he would never know.