PDA

View Full Version : Eberron - First Inn, First Out

Pages : 1 2 [3]

GimliFett
2008-03-01, 07:14 PM
Sydian d'KundarakHP: 3/8; AC: 14, t 12, ff 12

Syd gleefully takes out and organizes each packet into as similar a stack as he can discern. Taking his time, the dwarf inspects each nook and cranny of the chest as he empties it.

Take 20. Search 28, IIRC.

Randel
2008-03-01, 10:53 PM
Carmot

"When I was examining the empty room, I saw something out of the corner of my eye. When I turned to look at it, it vanished. While it may have been an optical fluke, I am inclined to investigate the possibility of an invisible presence."

Looking at the now defeated bedsheet and chest he says, "And judging from the animated furnishings, I would not say an invisible creature would be well within the power of whoever animated these things."

He reaches over to pick up the inert bedsheet and then gets a bedsheet from the bed. "Perhaps these will help us comb the room for invisible solids."

The warforged stows his crossbow and brings the sheets to the empty room, carefully avoiding the trap door, and proceeds to wave the sheets through the room, hoping to strike any invisible creatures with them to reveal it. If someone offers to help, he lets them.

Theli
2008-03-01, 11:41 PM
When Carmot runs the bedsheets over the empty room, he finds nothing out of the ordinary. If there was anything there, it's certainly not around anymore.

By the time he's done scouring the empty room, the dwarf is done searching the chest. Syd ends up with 4 piles of spices, sorted by style of bag. And there is one addition: A burlap sack containing just 5 gemstones of various colors.

WillWolf
2008-03-02, 12:18 AM
Richard:

"Got it." Richard said to Carmot's speech. "I'll help you then." He also grabbed some sheets, not sure what was happening, but he trusted Carmot's plan and followed his suit.

"We don't want to hurt you, you know." He said rather loudly. Well if you attack us again ... It was this when an idea came to him: scan for it. If there is an individual who attacked them, chances were that their might be an evil presence here.

If swinging those sheets are a standard action, strike that and just have him scan for evil using detect evil.

Theli
2008-03-02, 12:23 AM
There are no evil auras anywhere on the 2nd floor.

Suzuro
2008-03-02, 12:43 AM
Aelodin

After the sheet was finally slain, he jumped/stepped away from the bed and began, without ever taking his eye off of the sheet until Carmot picked it up, to put away his pick and breathe deeper.

Sheets and chests....what will they think of next? Anyways, if there is something invisible around here, we had better step lively, or we'll be down a creek in a chicken wire canoe....

He walked over to the chest that Syd had been thoroughly searching though: Find anything besides those God awful spices...?

-Suzuro

GimliFett
2008-03-02, 11:29 AM

With a glance at the elf, Syd smiles and holds up the bag. "A few gems. And don't count out the spices, Aelodin."

WillWolf
2008-03-02, 05:36 PM
Richard:

"I don't think there is anyone here, Carmot." He said when all is said and done.

Oh really I thought the bug might have lit up.

Randel
2008-03-02, 06:16 PM
Carmot

"Yes... well in that case I was mistaken." the warforged admits. "I gather that we have explored all the rooms on this floor?"

Theli
2008-03-02, 07:35 PM
OOC:

Nope, the bug has no evil aura.

And yes, all the rooms on the 2nd floor have been explored. The only place left to go is the basement.

GimliFett
2008-03-03, 09:42 AM

The dwarf stands, wincing as he does, and puts the sack of gems into his pack and wraps the spice packets in a shred of the formerly animated cloth in order to place it in his pack as well. "I think the basement's still open for explorin', but I need a little touch of healing before I get into another spat."

Suzuro
2008-03-03, 10:41 PM
Hmm, well, we'd best hop to checkin' out the basement...after all, we wouldn't want any nasty surprises....

Standing up, he slowly walks around near the other room to join Carmot and Richard.

-Suzuro

Randel
2008-03-03, 10:53 PM
Carmot

"Indeed." the warforged agrees. He makes sure his bow is loaded and makes his way downstairs. He checks the first floor until he finds the entrance to the basement. He momentarily checks the window to see how things are outside and also checks the fire.

GimliFett
2008-03-03, 11:41 PM

As the others saunter off, oblivious to Syd's comments, he stomps along behind them. Once on the ground floor again, he stands perfectly still in the middle of the room and bellows. "H - E - A - L - M - E!! Now that I've spelt it out, could I get a little healing, please?" The exasperated dwarf's goatee twitches in irritation.

WillWolf
2008-03-04, 06:15 PM
Richard:

"Don't look at me, Syd." He shrugged, he was not gifted with that art. "There's also all of that stuff in the other room. If we are going to be attacked, again we should make ourselves ready for it." He went into the room and took the shield off the floor and replaced it with his own.

OOC: What about the bats in the beltry room? Have we gone into that place?

Randel
2008-03-05, 09:07 PM
Carmot

Carmot looks to the Dwarf, his emotionless metal face cocked to the side a little. His red gem-eyes glow a little.

"I am unsure if my capabilities are suitible for repairing your organic components... but I could try if you think it necessary."

The warforged gets out his warforged repair kit and opens it, revealing an assortment of pliers, blades, lubricants and numerous strips of replacement leather and metal pins.

"Now, just let me open up your maintenance tubes and change out that old oil... its looking a little in the red zone. After that I'll patch up the breach with some durable leather flaps and polish those big spots off of your optical sensors."

The warforged holds up a metal funnel and a scouring pad, waiting to hear the dwarfs reply.

GimliFett
2008-03-06, 09:52 AM

As the warforged prepares to repair Syd his goatee quivers once more. His brow furrows in consternation for a moment before a broad grin splits the dwarf's face and he starts to chuckle. After just a moment the chuckle becomes a full-bodied laugh. "Oh! By Khyber that's good. Sorry, Carmot! I got a little full of myself there for a moment. Forgive me. Please put your tools away, they won't do much good for me, unless you wanna finish the job off, that is." Syd walks over and claps Carmot on the shoulder. "Seriously, though. Let's wait a moment before we continue down into the basement, hm?"

Randel
2008-03-07, 12:52 AM
Carmot

"If you insist." the warforged shrugs and, while he has his tools out, gives himself a little polish on the collar and puts his tools away. Looking around, Carmot tries to spot Father Carter since worshipers of the Silver Flame tended to be better at this sort of thing then those trained in artifice.

Momentarily thinking on the subject, Carmot recalls his training on making temporary wands... though he doesn't have the skill to reliably succeed on making a spell storing item. Then, looking at his crossbow, the warforged ponders if there is some special weapons ability that could make those hit by a weapon to be healed instead of injured... that could come in useful.

Knowledge (arcana) check to see if he can enchant a weapon to heal organic people. [roll0]

WillWolf
2008-03-07, 05:01 AM
Richard:

Well if Syd said to rest, they should rest, because frankly the dwarf was completely insane when it came to pushing forward. After replacing the old shield with the darkwood one (unless someone protests [ooc: he drops the other shield.]). He went back and sat, closed his eyes, and pictured a white candle with a silver flame on it. Focusing on that flame he made it expand and expand in his mind. It was a meditation exercise and it helped him relax.

Theli
2008-03-07, 05:23 AM
Carmot:

It's probably possible. But it would take significantly more resources and skill than you currently have available to you.

Suzuro
2008-03-08, 11:52 PM
The elf leans against a wall and takes a breather.

What's the hold-up?! Although he seems exasperated, he truly is thankful for the rest.

-Suzuro

Randel
2008-03-09, 12:41 AM
Carmot

The warforged shrugs and heads downstairs, his bow loaded and at the ready.

"I will check the basement myself since I am unable to repair Syd. I suggest that he make use of his natural ability to heal, possibly with some rest and sustenance. I will alert you if I find anything."

The warforged moves to the basement door, searches it and then opens it to check what is downstairs.

Search:[roll0]

WillWolf
2008-03-09, 05:23 AM
Richard:

The meditation popped. out of his brain when he heard the warforged say what he just said. "Nobody should go alone." Richard said as he got back up onto his feet. "Let's take a quick look, see, and then come back." Any pain or discoferent was not seen on his face. Truthfully he was thankful the dwarf was resting more than anything else.

GimliFett
2008-03-10, 05:13 PM

As the others begin to head for the basement, Syd sighs loudly and with a great deal of exasperation. "What about the loot?" he asks as he starts to remove the many things he found above from his belt and pack and set them out before him.

Suzuro
2008-03-10, 10:25 PM
Aelodin

Ah! Yes, that....what was there again..?

He ponders as he slowly walks over to Syd and begins to look at the stuff.

-Suzuro

Randel
2008-03-10, 10:48 PM
Carmot

"I will gladly share in dividing up these valuable items that we did not personally work to acquire through legal mean after I make certain that the owner of this building is not slowly bleeding to death in the basement from monster-inflicted wounds."

Apparently finding no traps on the door, the living construct lights his lantern and slowly opens the door to the basement, peeking at first through a little crack in the doorway and slowly opening it. Ready to shut the door in a flash if he sees movement.

Theli
2008-03-11, 07:08 AM
OOC:

Sorry, there is no actual door to the basement. There is just a stairway leading down. Feel free to retcon whatever you need to Randel.

I will take your search up there as searching the first 5 feet of the stairs. You did not find anything. That does not mean that there isn't anything lower in the stairway.

GimliFett
2008-03-11, 03:29 PM

The dwarf nods at Richard. "That shield," he starts, then names each item as he lays it out, "this glowing mace, an expensive lookin' dagger, a scroll - probably magic, a pouch with a buncha gold coins," he pauses as he quickly counts them, then continues once more. "A sack with five gems, and a bunch of spice packets, which I have split into four categories by packet style."

Randel
2008-03-11, 09:47 PM
Carmot

Carmot travels to the basement, if he encounters any obstacles in any way he takes 20 on whatever freaking skill checks are necessary to get there. He also constantly spots, listens, smells, feels, searches, and uses psychic construct powers (if any) to see if anything life-threatening is anywhere on or sufficiently near to his basement-bound journey to warrant action on his part.

If any of the meatbags interrupt him, he calmly states that he would like an equal share of whatever loot was found, preferring coins or gems if such division is acceptable with the others in the group.

Theli
2008-03-11, 09:51 PM
Carmot's incredible patience eventually allows him to find a trip wire near the top of the stairs. Once found, this can be safely stepped over. Going down further, there is nothing but the darkness you'd expect to find in a dank cellar with no light..

Randel
2008-03-11, 11:28 PM
Carmot

Carmot holds up the lit lantern in his left hand (which I probably should have mentioned again in my post), and wields his loaded crossbow in his right hand. He then looks around the basement, with the help of his handy source of illumination and his still-functioning eye-gems.

"Hark, fellow adventurers." he calls up toward the room above from his position down below. "I have discovered a small trip-wire of most sinister make near the top of yon stairway. If any of thee hardy adventurers doth decide to partake of this daring journey to this basement of mystery, I would advise ye to take care of the aforementioned trap... so that yer tumbling corpses do not fall upon me, down here."

His eye gems glowing and flickering erratically, the living construct once again turns his attention to the basement that he is currently in. Using his very bright and useful lantern to illuminate his surroundings so that he may see what is in the basement, that he is in.

Theli
2008-03-11, 11:33 PM
Pray tell, is that sarcasm I hear?

So what, you kept the lantern lit for all those hours? *shrugs* Ok.

Kidding.

You find a mostly barren cellar with only a few small crates scattered around. There is a single door in the center of the south wall.

Suzuro
2008-03-12, 12:32 AM
Aelodin

..what..? Ah, ah! Hey, Carmot! Wait up, I'll come with you! the elf stutters as he races down the stairs, nearly falling down into the tripwire, but gently avoiding it thanks to Carmot's advice.

Ya know, you shouldn't go alone, something could happen and we'd never know!

I don't think I need any checks to avoid the tripwire

-Suzur

WillWolf
2008-03-12, 04:24 AM
Richard:

He kept close to the staircase while the warforged did his job and looked very confused. Why the heck would someone trap their own house or an empty house for that matter, but then again this was not the most normal of houses.

"You speak weird.". Obviously he was oblivious to the sarcasm.

Randel
2008-03-13, 12:13 AM
Carmot

Carmot

"I will gladly share in dividing up these valuable items that we did not personally work to acquire through legal mean after I make certain that the owner of this building is not slowly bleeding to death in the basement from monster-inflicted wounds."

Apparently finding no traps on the door, the living construct lights his lantern and slowly opens the door to the basement, peeking at first through a little crack in the doorway and slowly opening it. Ready to shut the door in a flash if he sees movement.

Carmot holds his lit lantern up high so as to illuminate the normally dark basement enough to see. Then he approaches the door to the south and begins searching it for signs of traps. (taking 20)

He says to the others, "I must say, fellow adventurers. This basement is quite dark... as one would expect for a room with no windows to let sunlight in, which of course would not work with a basement since it its underground. But regardless of this basements subterranean location, it is very dark (though not a magical darkness I wager) so if you wish to see what is in this basement I recommend that you have a source of light handy, which I do. So I suppose this light source (which I have) may well be able to provide enough light for all of us to see what is down here in this basement... that I am in."

Turning back to the door he says, "Oh, and I'm searching this door for traps. I never had to do this in any other building I was in. Seriously, this guy we are looking for must be downright insane to build his house like this... or maybe living in this house drove him insane. More so than those dream weasels did."

The warforged's eye gems grow slightly dimmer, almost in wearyness. "It sure isn't helping me any."

WillWolf
2008-03-13, 12:43 AM
"Umm, does anyone have a torch then?" He replied to the others about the sarcastic warforged. He had excellent vision in torchlight and that was all that was necessary for him to get what was going on all three of these floors.

Theli
2008-03-13, 08:51 AM
Carmot:

Quick question. Were you just taking 20 all the way down the stairs and then one more time at the door, or did you just take 20 on your search checks every step of the way?

Taking 20 on a search check takes 2 minutes per 5 ft. square area. So it's somewhat important.

Randel
2008-03-13, 06:56 PM
DM:
Okay, I'll stop. Though don't be surprised if I try inventing some kind of helmet-mounted permanent light source.

Oh, and I took 20 on the stairs and then trying the door. He didn't stop to check the boxes or other things in the room. Figuring the others would search the boxes.

Suzuro
2008-03-13, 08:47 PM
Aelodin

Ah! yes, I have some torches that we could use!

With that, Aelodin tossed a torch to Richard and reached in his bag to get the flint and steel. He lit up the torch he had just handed to Richard: I too simply need some torchlight.

-Suzuro

WillWolf
2008-03-13, 11:49 PM
Richard:

Well this surprised him. The elf was not acting crazy and actually knew a thing or two about Shifters. From everything he had learned about elves they had a tendency to be a bit ... self-centered. He nodded in thanks and smiled and looked into the flame of the torch: golden and flickery, different from the silvery pulse of the flame. No matter he was thankful to just have a light source.

"Well we have plenty of time." He personally had doubts that the crazy elf was still here, but then again who really knew.

GimliFett
2008-03-14, 08:51 AM

"Well, so much for rest," the dwarf mutters as he slides the dagger into his belt and puts the rest of the items back into his pack. Standing once more with the mace in hand, he calls out to the others while holding the unlit lantern aloft. "I've a bullseye lantern and oil, if needed."

Randel
2008-03-15, 10:06 PM
Carmot

As Carmot continues to check the door for traps he says, "I notice that there are several boxes in this room as well, if anyone cares check their contents it would be helpful... if only to make sure they aren't dangerous like so many other things in this building."

GimliFett
2008-03-15, 11:05 PM

"Morons. I've got morons on my team," Syd mumbles as he puts the lantern back in his pack and follows the others downstairs. He looks for the trap Carmot mentioned, ready to remove the blasted thing and wondering why the warforged didn't take care of it himself if he already found it. Tucking the mace under his armpit, the dwarf takes out his tools and starts working.

Two cookies for the person who identifies the quote above...
Take 20 on Search (28) and Disable Device (26).
EDIT: Search Take 20 should be as above. I mistyped... I'll have to keep a better eye on things in the future. Sorry for all the messups...

WillWolf
2008-03-16, 01:41 AM
Richard:

"Morons. I've got morons on my team,"

Richard mumbles. "Yeah they break down doors to let bugs out." He sighs.

Theli
2008-03-16, 09:08 PM
Syd stumbles a little bit as he attempts to cut the trip wire, falling over it and down the stairs a little bit. While uncomfortable, he wasn't walking down unaware and this does no real damage. From below, the tripwire is trivially easy to cut.

At about this time, Carmot finishes searching the door. He finds attached a simple mechanism rigged to trigger the moment the door is touched. What exactly it triggers is unknown.

GimliFett
2008-03-16, 09:36 PM

Embarrassed, the dwarf rolls to a standing position, and shakes it off while facing away from the others long enough for his face to return to a normal, not-flushed, color.

"Ugh. I said I needed rest," he mumbles softly.

Suzuro
2008-03-16, 11:47 PM
Heh, morons on your team, huh? heh.. the elf tries, and fails to stifle a laugh.

-Suzuro

Randel
2008-03-16, 11:56 PM
Carmot

"Morons. I've got morons on my team,"

"Really? I thought I was the only sentient construct on this team." The warforged says as he checks the door.

After spotting the tiny mechanism on the door, he gets ponders it. "Hmmm... another devious machination against us. Well, let us see if my skills can let us find victory in this battle of wits against our unseen foe... or homeowner."

The warforged stands up, stretches his limbs and then knocks loudly on the wall next to the door. "Hello? Anybody down there?" he asks. He waits for another minute and if there is no response he disables the tiny device and opens the door.

Disable Device [roll0] (to disarm the device)

Disable Device [roll1] (to unlock the door if need be, take whatever to unlock it if that doesn't work)

Theli
2008-03-17, 09:17 AM
There is no response to the warforged's inquiries. The mechanism is deftly disarmed, however the door is locked and is simply beyond Randel's abilities to open.

Suzuro
2008-03-17, 10:09 PM
Huh, locked door, Carmot? Maybe we should get Syd to work on that, he seems to have some...ehrm....proficiency in this things. Pbbth...

The elf speaks gently as he slowly walks up to the construct. He didn't know why, but something about this place made him want to whisper. It was as if he were to speak up, some unspeakable evil would come out of the very basement they were trying to get access to...

Hey, Syd, you up for some lockpickin'?

-Suzuro

GimliFett
2008-03-17, 10:30 PM

"Absolutely!" Syd beams. He quickly makes his way to the others and sets to work opening the lock.

Open Lock: Take 20 for 26.

Theli
2008-03-17, 10:53 PM
When Syd crosses the center of the room, a shadow suddenly appears on the wall behind him... Those looking his way see what could be described as a jagged outline of a wagon wheel without its circle. 6 misshapen spoke-like shadows seem to grow out around Syd for a moment before the light around him is gone altogether.

Syd now stands there, seemingly alright although perhaps a little flustered, but no longer carrying the glowing mace.

OOC:

Everybody can make spot checks in order to determine more information about what just happened.

(Although I expect some experienced players might be able to guess... Please keep OOC info, OOC. :p)

Randel
2008-03-17, 11:47 PM
Carmot

"Hmmm, it seems this lock is a bit too complex for me to pick... Syd, do you think you can open this? Otherwise we might have to break it down. Or worse, look for the key."

Randel
2008-03-18, 12:15 AM
Carmot

Spot check: [roll0]

WillWolf
2008-03-18, 01:14 AM
Richard:

Richard also laughs, though he also tried to stifle it. He couldn't help it really, arrogance is odd that way. He continues on and awaits for them to deal with the problem.

[roll0] If he sees the shadow he does a sense evil check and draws his sword if it goes at such.

GimliFett
2008-03-18, 08:50 AM

"Wha- What just happened?" the dwarf asks with a very puzzled look on his face. Where before a glowing mace was held in his hand, now there is nothing.

Spot: [roll0].
If under 15, add Action Point:[roll1]

Theli
2008-03-18, 08:57 AM
Richard:

You caught a glimpse of some kind of 4 toed claw from between the Dwarf's legs, as well as 4 green limbs which surrounded him for a moment. The main body of the creature was covered in a green and white pattern. It was truly a disturbing visage.

You are unable to detect any evil.

Syd:

You were only able to make out the image of a single green 4-fingered claw, which must have snatched the mace though you didn't notice it at the time.

GimliFett
2008-03-18, 10:11 AM

Syd looks around, almost in a panic. "What in Khyber was that thing?" He continues to look around intently scrutinizing the shadows for some sign of the thief. "One sec I'm holding that mace; the next-- POOF!" he growls.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll]1d20+3[roll]; there I go typing too fast again. See OOC.

Theli
2008-03-18, 10:29 AM
There is not a single sign of whatever caused the shadow.

Theli
2008-03-18, 11:00 AM
Syd:

You just barely hear a small thud directly above you.

GimliFett
2008-03-18, 11:08 AM

Seeing nothing, Syd chuckles lightly. "Now I'm jumping at shado-- Whatwazzat?" the dwarf stops mid-sentence and tilts his head to better hear. He looks straight up for a moment. "Back upstairs!" he says the, turns and rushes up the stairs to the main floor.

Spot: [roll0]; Pretty sure it's pointless, but just in case I can actually see something on the ceiling.

Theli
2008-03-18, 11:15 AM
There is nothing on the ceiling and nothing new on the first floor.

GimliFett
2008-03-18, 02:13 PM

Returning back downstairs to rejoin the others, Syd seems a little distracted. "Okay. Lemme get this door open, we'll finish up, and then I need to rest. Something's playing tricks on my mind, and I don't like it." The dwarf grumbles as he sets to work on the door.

Take 20, Open Lock: (26).

Theli
2008-03-18, 02:20 PM
Picking the lock takes a little while, but eventually it is done. When you open the door you see a hallway made out of roughly carved earth and rock. A muted dripping can be heard in the distance, beyond where your torches and lanterns can reach.

GimliFett
2008-03-18, 02:41 PM

As the door opens and the rough-hewn hallway appears, a gleam starts to grow in Syd's eyes. He puts his tools up and rubs his hands together. "Ooo. Fun. You guys keep the torches about twenty feet behind me, okay?" He waits a moment as he looks and listens down the hallway for something besides the drip of nearby water, then the dwarf draws his rapier and proceeds cautiously forward.

Listen: [roll1]

Theli
2008-03-18, 02:45 PM
Syd:

About 80 feet from the door, the hallway turns sharply left. The dripping was coming from this corner and the floor looks a little wet.

A little further down, you can hear inane cackling echoing from far up ahead.

GimliFett
2008-03-18, 02:56 PM

Well someone's having fun, huh? he thinks to himself. At our expense or another's, I wonder.

As the corridor bends left, Syd waits a moment, then moves back into the light so the others can see him well and holds up a single finger to his lips, followed by a wave forward and pointing at the spot where he stands. He moves around the corner as quietly as possible, hoping to sneak up and catch sight of the laughing person.

Move Silently: [roll0]
Action POINT! [roll1], regardless of result.
Egads! I must be a glutton for punishment! :smallbiggrin:

WillWolf
2008-03-18, 05:10 PM
Richard:

Richard kind of froze up for a second. The being was completely out of his realm of knowledge and understanding, but he decided to keep the description to himself. They were trapped here and he didn't want people to start panicking.

He drew his sword and readied his shield. He followed with the dwarf, though stood about five feet in front of whoever was carrying the lantern. Walking as slowly as he possibly could, he followed behind Syd.

Theli
2008-03-18, 05:38 PM
As you slowly creep down the hallway, an insane cackling becomes more and more apparent. After 80 feet to a corner turning left, where a bit of water drips from the ceiling, there is another 80 feat to a three-way intersection. The tunnel is made more from rock than earth at this point. The same cackling seems to echo from both directions at once. Whoever/whatever it is is probably yelling in some kind of obscure language, but it just seems like gibberish to you.

Suzuro
2008-03-18, 11:56 PM
The elf had been freaked out by the shadow. To say slightly would be a bit of an understatement. But, after following the corridor down a little ways, his mind was full of more...pressing issues. This person cackling could be the cause of everything that had happened in this place.

Silently, he gets up to the intersection and puts up his fist in a 'stop' gesture. Full fist in the air.

He slowly kneels down and attempts to find any traces of whoever was making the noise, maybe, just maybe he could figure out which way he was.

Spot (For the...shadow): [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]
Search (To find clues): [roll2]
Survival (For tracking): [roll3]

-Suzuro

Randel
2008-03-19, 01:39 AM
Carmot

Carmot follows the others as quietly as he can, holding his loaded crossbowin one hand and his lit lantern in the other.

GimliFett
2008-03-19, 12:36 PM

Waiting at the intersection for the others, Syd nods to the elf as he inspects the ground for tracks. He then looks questioningly at Aelodin and shrugs, waiting for a response as to which direction to proceed.

Theli
2008-03-19, 02:21 PM
Aelodin's searching comes up with a couple of tracks laid into the dirt and grime on the floor. They all seem to be made by the same humanoid, apparently pacing back and forth in both directions, as well as back the way you came.

The cackling continues unabated.

GimliFett
2008-03-19, 02:38 PM

Pursing his lip and furrowing his brow, the dwarf thinks for a moment. A decision made, he nods his head towards the right-hand corridor, and silently precedes the group.

WillWolf
2008-03-20, 12:01 AM
Richard:

Richard follows.

[roll0]

Randel
2008-03-20, 01:13 AM
Carmot

Carmot helps

Theli
2008-03-20, 06:13 PM
Far down this arcing corridor you can spot a relatively tall disheveled Elf, wearing a torn tunic over a simple chain shirt and cloth leggings. On his side can be spotted a fine looking whip along with a scroll case roped to his belt.

He seems to just be running around in a circle laughing maniacally and chanting meaningless utterances from time to time. He seems to be so distracted that he hasn't even picked up on the noisy footfalls of the heavy warforged, or the light of his lantern, yet.

He is lit up by a single glowing rock, smaller than a man's fist, laid on the floor in the center of his circle. Nearby lies a torn bedroll and a crate similar to the ones back in the basement.

Every once in a while he stops running around and stares directly at one of the walls. After this, he then goes right back to rampaging about again.

WillWolf
2008-03-20, 09:51 PM
Richard:

Before he did anything, Richard decided to see if he could discern the elf's intentions. So far all he had seen was that he was a bit loopy and there is nothing wrong with being a bit loopy. Still he kept his sword ready, enough weird stuff happened that he didn't really know what else to think.

Sense evil.

Theli
2008-03-20, 10:03 PM
Richard:

There is a very slight twinge of an evil aura in the area. However, it doesn't seem to be coming from any particular target, especially not the humanoid in front of you.

GimliFett
2008-03-20, 10:08 PM

Could this be Tobi's friend Gil? Syd thinks to himself. He looks at the others and shrugs, then holds his hand at about the halfling's height and mimes drinking an ale. He then points back at the crazed elf and shrugs once more.

WillWolf
2008-03-21, 12:11 AM
Richard:

Syd wanted a short one? He thought as Syd motioned. No, he wants the elf to give him a short one? What a weird dwarf. Well the aura didn't make him feel any better; however, the elf was at least ok.

"Gil?"

Randel
2008-03-21, 12:36 AM
Carmot

"I suspect that this elf is malfunctioning." The warforged says quietly to the others. "Perhaps its mind has been damaged due to exposure to magic such as those weasels we fought, it might be best if we restrain it before it can injure itself or others."

Suzuro
2008-03-23, 01:10 AM
Well, it's only a single elf, it's not like it's going to do a lot, let's just go out. If it gets hostile, we'll...errrm...."Subdue" it. he whispers to the rest of the group.

Besides, I'm probably still asleep anyways, and if I put myself in enough danger, I'm sure to wake up!

-Suzuro

GimliFett
2008-03-24, 08:27 AM

Syd nods to the others and walks forward. "Are you Gil? Tobi sent us to check on you," he says in a soft and calm voice, like one uses when speaking to a baby.

Theli
2008-03-24, 06:31 PM
"Ahahaha!!! Aha! Ha! ha... Wha? Tobi? Ah?!? That crazy nut! I'm gonna miss him! It's a sham...Shame! Oh well... Wha? Did you? Say...the masters sent sent you? Huh?!?!", with that last utterance, Tobi seems to wind down. Exasperated, he almost bows. Facing the floor, keeping himself up with his hands on his knees, he takes several deep breathes...

Randel
2008-03-25, 01:10 AM
Carmot

Whispering to the others, he says. "Perhaps... he isn't so much insane as he is under an enchantment or possession of some kind." he theorizes.

GimliFett
2008-03-25, 09:51 AM

Syd nods to the warforged then whispers in reply, "Perhaps. I dunno. Maybe he didn't get out of that nightmare as well as we did?" The dwarf shrugs and takes another step towards the elf.

"Why's Tobi crazy, Gil? And why're you going to miss him?" he asks in a calm and pleasant voice.

WillWolf
2008-03-25, 06:13 PM
Richard:

Richard kept his sword drawn, and followed Syd.

Then to Carmot he says.

"He's not evil, no traces on him, but the place stinks of it."

Suzuro
2008-03-25, 10:56 PM
Aelodin walks to Richard and whispers to put his sword away.

For all we know, he could snap if he thinks we're threatening him....

-Suzuro

WillWolf
2008-03-26, 02:48 AM
Richard:

Well trust the crazy elf to understand the crazed elf. He placed the sword away, but kept the shield on guard.

Randel
2008-03-26, 07:35 PM
Carmot

The warforged begins to search the room, looking for anything unusual.

Search:[roll0]

Suzuro
2008-03-26, 09:21 PM
Aelodin slowly began to walk up to the...other...elf... and began in as jovial manner as he could manage.

I speak in elvish. Gil? I'm Aelodin, what...what's going on? I don't see things being too funny now, do you?

-Suzuro

Theli
2008-03-27, 01:09 AM
At first, the elf seems to be ignoring your advances. Once someone gets within 10 feet however, he abruptly twitches and yells, "NO. NO, THEY DIDN'T. DID THEY?"

Then, in a quieter tone: "Crazy? Yeah, you're all crazy actually. You don't understand..."

"So you little pests... Why don't you just go? I think it might be better if you just left...", he adds, unfurling the whip at his side.

OOC:

Yeah, that's initiative.

Sorry for the delay. It's been a little busy for me out here... Still wondering where DM77 went off to. I DID receive a private message from him a little while back...

GimliFett
2008-03-27, 10:14 AM

"Hey, hey!" Syd says. "There's no reason to get violent, here! We just want to help!"

Initiative: [roll0]
EDIT: UGH! If I don't start getting some good rolls soon... :smallannoyed:

WillWolf
2008-03-27, 02:57 PM
Richard:

[because of Carmot's actions ... I have to change my action]

This was not what he wanted to get into, the man was not evil, but the warforged was probably right in saying that he was being influenced. Is a pawn of evil, just as bad as evil itself? This was not what he wanted to do, but then ... he was also threatening them both as well.

His friends, even the crazed elf and the foolheardy dwarf, they were his friends. And while threatening as the elf was ...

And then Carmot's actions blew any chance of a peace deal. Flame.

He had to help restrain him

[roll0]. Diplomacy check: [roll1] I fully expect him to fail it, but I figured I should try.

Randel
2008-03-27, 09:22 PM
Carmot

Carmot turns to the elf. "Warning, you are likely under the influence of an enchantment or alien intrusion. Please avoid actions that may harm yourself or others."

The warforged sets down his weapon and attempts to restrain the elf.

Grapple attack: [roll1]
Grapple check: [roll2]

Carmot was not ment for melee attacks... though I doubt infusing his crossbow to deal nonlethal damage and shooting people would be socially acceptable, albeit effective.

Suzuro
2008-03-29, 12:22 AM
Aelodin jumped back slightly at Gil's hostile actions.

-Suzuro

WillWolf
2008-03-29, 02:06 AM
Grapple attack: [roll0] Grapple check: [roll1] If Carmot succeeded than count it as an 'aid' another.

Theli
2008-03-31, 04:06 AM
Immediately upon seeing the whip unfurl, Carmot springs into action. Sidestepping past the dwarf, the warforged lunges at the unwary elf. Two rough arms surround him as he tries to cast a spell... but the wind gets snuffed right out of him.

Richard comes up around Syd as well and takes a pot-shot with a fist to the head, which connects beautifully.

OOC:

There is no real aid another for a grapple, especially if it already took place. So I had to change your action a little bit WillWolf.

Aelodin and Syd are up for their actions at initiatives 8 and 4 respectively.

GimliFett
2008-03-31, 09:44 AM

"Well, this'll hurt you more than me, but at least it won't kill you!" Syd says as he drops his rapier behind him and out of the way as he draws the sap on his belt and steps forward and tries to hit Gil.

Attack: [roll0]
Crit?: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Sneak Attack applies? If yes, Sneak Attack Dmg: [roll3].
Flank?
Also, I think it's been a couple more weeks since we got Our Attendance bonuses... I think I'm presently at 2.5 after the ones I spent before, but forgot to mark 'em off.

Suzuro
2008-03-31, 10:51 PM
Gah...why do we always get the crazy ones...heehee..

Aelodin took a few steps towards Gil and decided against just impaling him...even thought he had it coming...instead he practiced a few....less lethal techniques.

Move action to get next to Gil, and hit him with my Fist/Foot.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

-Suzuro

Theli
2008-03-31, 11:25 PM
The rest of the party passes the dwarf by, as Aelodin swings around to give the other elf a similar beating. Finally, the dwarf catches up to just barely land a blow on the back of the grappled madman's head. *thunk*

Gil is a little woozy at this point, but still struggling...

WillWolf
2008-04-02, 01:16 AM
Richard:

Richard takes another jab at the man's head.

[roll0][roll1]

Randel
2008-04-02, 11:11 PM
Carmot

Carmot keeps holding on and attempts to pin the captive down. "Perhaps we can use rope to bind him." he offers as a suggestion. "I am not exactly the best at restraining others."

Grapple check (to pin): [roll0]

Theli
2008-04-03, 10:19 AM
Carmot bears down hard, trying to get the elf pinned under his heavy weight. But Gil's skill (or is it luck?) allows him to get a leg up over him. Swinging around, he just barely dodges an incoming blow from Richard.

Looking somewhat worried, he makes a break for it... all the while shouting profanities about your parentage, makers, and faith.

OOC:

"Your mother was a giant shrub and your father a wet noodle! Damn you all to heck, you big meanies!"

*cough*

Anyway! Randel, make an opposed grapple check. Nevermind! There's no way you can win.

Everybody that's wielding a melee weapon (or has a natural attack) gets an attack of opportunity with that weapon (or attack). The rest get to watch him, possibly, run.

Randel
2008-04-03, 08:12 PM
Carmot

AoO: [roll0]
Damage (slam attack): [roll1]

GimliFett
2008-04-03, 08:43 PM

Attack of Opportunity: [roll0]
Crit?: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Suzuro
2008-04-06, 12:57 AM
Damn elves...! The hypocrisy of the statement is lost on himself as he speaks it.

How are we going to bring him back if he keeps running?! C'mon! let's go after him, quickly!

-Suzuro

Theli
2008-04-06, 02:43 AM
Gil runs, easily dodging the final blows. Moving beyond the curvature of the cavern, he disappears.

WillWolf
2008-04-06, 02:54 AM
Richard:

Richard follows him, running as quickly as he possibly could. His prey, his prey was on the loose.

Theli
2008-04-06, 09:48 AM
OOC:

Anyone following the Elf should make spot checks.

Randel
2008-04-06, 03:31 PM
Carmot

Carmot quickly retrieves his his crossbow and follows after the others as they chase Gil. "Don't worry, with the way he's running he'll probably trip on that wire on the stairs... oh, wait..."

Spot check:[roll0]

WillWolf
2008-04-06, 07:40 PM
Richard:

Richard just continues to narrow in on his prey.

Suzuro
2008-04-06, 10:21 PM
That's it. I've had enough of this!'

Aelodin chases after Gil with the others.

-Suzuro

GimliFett
2008-04-07, 11:15 AM

The dwarf turns and runs after the others as quickly as he can manage.

Spot: [roll0] EDIT: UGH! Will my low rolls never CEASE?!
Sorry for the delay. Spent all weekend moving and packing. Ugh.

Theli
2008-04-07, 12:10 PM
Aelodin runs after the Elf, disappearing as well...

Aelodin:

You move out to near the edge of the light available, your elven vision allowing you to still make out the details of the cavern. However, the madman is nowhere to be seen... Perhaps he's wedged himself in one of the uneven crevasses of the area...

OOC: You can use another move action to retry a spot check.

As the dwarf moves to follow him...

Syd:

You move out to near the edge of the light available, which is irrelevant due to your dwarven sight. However, the madman is nowhere to be seen... Perhaps he's wedged himself in one of the uneven crevasses of the area...

OOC: You caught up with Aelodin, however it took almost all the time you had available this turn. You can move past him a little bit if you wanted to.

And the rest of the party eventually catches up...

Carmot and Richard:

The madman is nowhere to be seen... Perhaps he's wedged himself in one of the uneven crevasses of the area...

OOC: You've caught up with Aelodin.

Richard, you can still take another action. If you want, you can use that action to retry that spot check.

Carmot had used that action to pick up the crossbow.

GimliFett
2008-04-07, 01:38 PM

Having finally caught Aelodin, Syd takes a couple steps past the elf and looks around. "You elves and your long legs. Whoo," he mutters. After scanning the area and finding no sign of Gil, he half-turns his head towards Aelodin. "What the-- Where'd he go?"

Suzuro
2008-04-07, 11:35 PM
grrrrr.... The sound escapes Aelodin's mouth without him really realizing it.

He must be hiding somewhere....but wheere...

Also, I'll pull out my pick.

-Suzuro

WillWolf
2008-04-07, 11:52 PM
Richard:

"Wheeeere arrrre yooou." He said with a rather mad look in his eyes.

[roll0]

Keep in mind he also has low-light vision.

Theli
2008-04-08, 07:13 PM
You hear a cackling echo from somewhere unseen...and then whispered arcane utterances...

Suddenly an opaque mist arises from one point along the outer wall of the cavern, engulfing you and leaving you blind.

OOC:

Everybody can make a listen check.

Next actions in the order they happen:
Aelodin, Syd, Carmot, and Richard.

WillWolf
2008-04-08, 09:44 PM
Listen check: [roll0]

Randel
2008-04-08, 11:09 PM
Carmot

Listen Check:[roll0]

GimliFett
2008-04-09, 10:48 AM

"Oh. I really must learn more of the arcane!" The dwarf grumps as he tries to peer through the mist, taking a couple of steps forward in doing so.

Listen: [roll0]
And move toward spot 10 feet.

Randel
2008-04-09, 10:43 PM
Carmot

"Warning, we require light to see. Illumination is necessary for sight." Carmot tries backing out of the cloud, going back the way he came. Holding up his lantern and crossbow.

Suzuro
2008-04-10, 10:53 PM
Aelodin shirked back slightly from the mist....he wasn't expecting anything like this...

-Suzuro

Theli
2008-04-11, 09:29 AM
Suzuro:

You just barely hear light footsteps move from the mist's point of origin, around you, and to near the wall opposite that point.

Syd:

The cavern is utterly silent once the mist robs your vision.

Richard:

Carmot:

GimliFett
2008-04-11, 10:07 AM

"Where is he? What's going on? Block the exits!" Syd calls to his friends as he continues to slowly move forward to the wall.

Forgot my name for a bit... :smallredface:
Did I notice any exits aside from the one I entered?

Theli
2008-04-11, 10:15 AM
OOC:

The only exit/entrance you know about is the one you came in.

WillWolf
2008-04-11, 08:26 PM
Richard drew his sword and shouted, "Show yourself, gil!" The fog was closing in on him ... like it did in a different set of armor so long ago.

Randel
2008-04-11, 10:20 PM
Carmot

"Vision and auditory senses impaired, my sensors do not detect danger... there must be a malfunction."

Carmot stows his lantern and crouches down to the ground, feeling his way as he moves along the ground heading back toward the way he came... heading toward the carved out room they first found Gil in.

Suzuro
2008-04-13, 12:17 AM
Everyone! Shush! I hear footsteps...over there! Aelodin points to where he hears the footsteps leading to near the wall.

It must be him...I think...hah!

-Suzuro

Theli
2008-04-14, 07:13 AM
Somewhere within the opaque mist, an elven voice shouts: Everyone! Shush! I hear footsteps...over there! It must be him...I think...hah!

Syd:

You move forward...until, eventually, you barely see the wall in front of you through the mist.

Richard:

You draw your sword and make your demand, but hear no immediate response.

Carmot:

You make your way out of the mist. There is no one to be found... The area is currently lit up by the glowing rock in the middle of the cavernous hall.

A voice rings out from beyond the mist, in the direction from where the mad elf was originally headed: "Bwahahaha! You fools! Your bumbling has allowed me to complete my summons! My great master has arisen from the deep and he will consume you all!!!"

A moment later you hear the deep snarlings and whispers of an ancient language you do not understand...

OOC:

Make a will save.

GimliFett
2008-04-14, 08:52 AM

Syd looks around fruitlessly. "Now what?"

Will save: [roll0] :smalleek:
I may action point this... If so, it'll be OOC'd.
Nope. That should do nicely. I hope.

Randel
2008-04-14, 08:58 PM
Carmot

Will save: [roll0]

Suzuro
2008-04-14, 10:23 PM
Gil! Shut up and come with us! We won't hurt you, we sweeear!

Aelodin moves slowly towards the wall (if he can).

[spoiler]Will Save: [roll0]

-Suzuro

WillWolf
2008-04-18, 03:53 AM
Richard:

Will save:[roll0]

"Blight you, Gil!" With his sword and wooden shield drawn, he tried to figure out where the blasted elf was.

Theli
2008-04-18, 03:41 PM
Carmot:

You find Gil's words to ring false... The nervousness of telling a lie is apparent in his intonation. And he's really doing a horrible job pretending to be monster... It's kind of embarrassing.

OOC: DM Rolled Sense Motive Success!

Syd:

The voices, Gil's and from the other "thing", coming from that direction just don't sound right... There should be this echo from the cavern around you... But there isn't. These sounds are probably not real, likely caused by magic.

Aelodin:

The voices, Gil's and from the other "thing", coming from that direction just don't sound right... There should be this echo from the cavern around you... But there isn't. These sounds are probably not real, likely caused by magic.

WillWolf:

WillWolf
2008-04-18, 07:06 PM
Richard:

Richard sighed, still carried his shield and sword, and wandered around with his sword in hand, hoping to stumble into the elf in the mist.

"Stop playing around, Gil." Why did all the elves have to be crazy?

Suzuro
2008-04-18, 10:58 PM
Aelodin breaks into a large grin. It looks like he's having fun with all of this, and to be honest, he most likely is.

Hahahahaha! That's a good one Gil! Man, that really is! I mean, what is it? you're using magic to lead us into a trap? or maybe you just want us to walk a little bit more towards your voice. It doesn't matter to me, hehee! This oughta be fun!

-Suzuro

Randel
2008-04-19, 01:15 AM
Carmot

"Gil, you are clearly not thinking straight. Pretending to summon demons is not a good way to convince us that you are not possessed. Please let us help you so that we can sort this all out."

Thinking of something that might persuade the elf to work with them, he says:

"Did you experience an unusually vivid dream involving shadowy weasel creatures? We did and we able to escape from them. Perhaps we can help you."

GimliFett
2008-04-21, 01:13 PM

Syd shakes his head as his friends try to convince the insane elf to come out of hiding. He slowly and cautiously heads in the opposite direction of where the sound seemed to originate, readying his sap to hit the elf should he come across him.

Theli
2008-04-24, 07:28 PM
Carmot:

Looking at the mist, you see the dwarf stumble out of it.

You hear a number of footsteps running around within it.

Syd:

Stumbling out of the mist, you see the warforged standing there looking into it. Behind him is the glowing rock illuminating the point of your first contact with the mad elf.

You hear a number of footsteps running around behind you.

Aelodin:

You've reached the wall...then you see a figure moving through the mist... It's the mad elf running away!

OOC: You can make an AoO.

Richard:

Stumbling around, you fail to find anyone. You do however, hear a few footsteps around you. They seem to be moving toward the illusionary voice's point of origin.

"Bah! What do you all know! When my master does come you will learn to fear more than mere weasels!"

Suzuro
2008-04-24, 10:23 PM
Gil! Stop it. Now. No, this is not the way to act! knock it off!

Attack of Opportunity: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Aelodin chases after Gil. With audacity!

-Suzuro

WillWolf
2008-04-24, 10:44 PM
Richard:

Richard looked kind of confused, looked at the footprints, and after about five seconds quickly follows it. He decides to forgo being sneaky and just get the naughty elf.

Spot to follow footprints: [roll0] or Search whatever is the rules. [roll1]

Randel
2008-04-24, 11:38 PM
Carmot

Seeing the dwarf, Carmot says, "Perhaps our quarry is the other direction." He looks around at the excavation. "Because this doesn't seem to be it."

He heads back to the other side of the magical darkness, this time staying to the left-hand side of the tunnel and going along the wall until he reaches the other side. His crossbow and lantern in hand.

GimliFett
2008-04-25, 08:28 AM

"I'll just wait here, then," Syd mutters in the departed warforged's wake. The dwarf readyies his cudgel should the mad elf appear.

Hold action--

Theli
2008-04-25, 08:57 AM
Carmot:

As you step through, and past, the mist, your lantern light illuminates two elves who are presently running away from you.

You recognize the one closer to you as your impromptu ally. The other is the mad elf and he has just run past the curvature of the cavern and out of your sight.

Syd:

You hear foot steps echoing from even further away past the mist. With the apparent curvature of the caverns, it's difficult to determine exactly which way that is from the echoes.

Aelodin:

Your pick miss horribly, spurring the opposing elf to run even faster.

As you step out and away from the mist, you notice Carmot following a good distance behind providing enough lantern light to see Gil run just past the curvature of the cavern and out of sight.

Richard:

You find yourself to still be almost blind by the opaque mist surrounding you.

OOC: Since you can't see, Spot is useless. And searching won't help you in this instance.

OOC: It should be noted that the cavern so far has been curving only left.

WillWolf
2008-04-25, 09:46 PM
Richard:

Richard looked around in the mist very confused. Things were happening all around him and he wasn't able to help, and it was at this impromptu time that he was remembered about following footprints in the mud.

In his mind he saw them all, a flash of something, a fizzle of something else, and then the hordes and hordes of undead clashing at the living. Mud and body bits flowing into the darkness and splattering. A volley of arrows. Noise, more noise, and then silence as he got hit in the back of a head and his legs were stepped on by a horse: war was a gruesome thing.

In the mist he just kind of stood there, forgetting what is happening around him, but remembering what had happened to him.

Flashbacks always happened at the worst of times.

Randel
2008-04-26, 03:24 AM
Carmot

"I can see both Gil and Aelodin... they are going in this direction!" he announces, letting the others know the location of the crazy elves.

Suzuro
2008-04-27, 11:16 PM
Carmot! With me! Lets get him!

Aelodin continues to chase after Gil.

-Suzuro

GimliFett
2008-04-28, 08:37 AM

"Sure hope he's right," Syd mutters as he moves to follow the others. "On my way!" he calls aloud.

Theli
2008-04-28, 09:44 AM
The chase begins...

Gil is running fast down the cavern, soon passing an intersection (which you recognize as the 3-way intersection that you passed coming this way.) As you run down the hall to follow, only Aelodin manages to still see him at the edge of the lantern light, although the rest of you can easily hear his footsteps...

OOC:

Feel free to try something at this point. If you can't figure out a way to stop him before he reaches the stairs, then roll a dex check to see if you can manage to catch up to him. (Those of you with 30 feet movement speed anyway.)

GimliFett
2008-04-28, 01:34 PM

Syd runs after the others, knowing he cannot hope to keep up with his longer legged friends.

The chase begins...

Feel free to try something at this point. If you can't figure out a way to stop him before he reaches the stairs, then roll a dex check to see if you can manage to catch up to him. (Those of you with 30 feet movement speed anyway.)
What's that s'posed ta mean? You got somethin' against short folk?
:smallbiggrin:

WillWolf
2008-04-29, 12:55 AM
Richard:

He was caught in the mist, only vaguely hearing the voices of his friends. Explosions happened, mud splattered all over his batton. A dwarf got smacked in the side of the head by shattering of rock, unconscious. And then the mist came into the field, slowly fogging up his dream, and eventually the dwarf faded into the floor. Richard was back from the land of his nightmares.

He came barrow ling after them, judging the basics of where all the voices were coming from, he followed them.

Suzuro
2008-04-30, 07:54 PM
Aelodin continues to chase down Gil.

We need to stop him...! He says to no one in particular.

Then, with a stroke of what he considered brilliance, he slowed down slightly to throw his pick at Gil.

I assume I can see Gil. Anyways, here's my attack. [roll0]
Aaand damage: [roll1]

-Suzuro

Randel
2008-04-30, 11:56 PM
Carmot

Carmot chases after Gil as fas as he can.

Theli
2008-05-01, 07:59 AM
The hurled pick goes wide, bounces off a cavern wall, and clatters on the ground. Gil continues on unfazed.

OOC:

Carmot, make a Dex check.

Aelodin can either make a Dex check, or forfeit it to pick up the pick as he runs past.

Anyone else can pick up the pick if Aelodin chooses not to.

GimliFett
2008-05-01, 09:10 AM
Syd shakes his head as he runs after the others. Both elves are crazed! Why say what's already understood? he muses to himself with a slight smile.

If no one gets the pick, Syd'll do so.

Randel
2008-05-01, 09:17 PM
Carmot

Dex check: [roll0]

Suzuro
2008-05-01, 09:52 PM
Syd! Grab my pick! It's my favorite!

Aelodin chases on undaunted, sure in his ability to catch up with Gil.

[roll0]

-Suzuro

WillWolf
2008-05-02, 02:49 PM
Richard:

Richard continued to run after the group, literally panting.

Theli
2008-05-02, 02:59 PM
Gil reaches the bottom of the basement stairs, panting. Looking back, he spots Aelodin and Carmot only a few meters away.

OOC:

The elf and warforged can close this turn with a single move action. Richard has just reached the bend of the hallway just outside the basement, 40 feet away from Gil. And Syd is 20 feet behind the paladin.

Suzuro
2008-05-02, 11:01 PM
Hah! Now I gotcha, Gil. You goin' get it!

Aelodin chases after Gil and attempts to grab him to help the others catch up.

Move to Gil, and attempt a grapple.
Grapple: [roll0]

-Suzuro

WillWolf
2008-05-04, 09:11 PM
Richard:

Richard continued to pant on, chasing after the fleeing elf.

Randel
2008-05-05, 08:56 PM
Carmot

The warforged moves in and sets down his lantern (drops it carefully) and pulls out his rope. It has knots in it but could prove useful in restraining Gil.

"Here."

Suzuro
2008-05-11, 09:55 PM
Yes, I'll use an action point for that.

[roll0]
My total grapple check.

-Suzuro

Theli
2008-05-12, 11:04 AM
After the chasing elf reaches out to grab the running elf, the latter goes limp in the former's hands.

Aelodin:

Make a strength check to keep from dropping the elf. Or, you can just let him fall down the stairs.

OOC:

Will likely be out of round by round after Aelodin's action.

GimliFett
2008-05-12, 11:44 AM
After grabbing the dropped pick, Syd continues to follow. As he arrives and sees Gil go limp, he simply shakes his head and snorts with a touch of disdain. "Figures. Passes out once he's caught."

Suzuro
2008-05-13, 10:10 PM
Heeheeeee..! Aelodin giggles slightly.
See? Now This is making it easier!

[roll0]

-Suzuro

Suzuro
2008-05-13, 10:11 PM
I'll use an action point.
[roll0]

-Suzuro

Theli
2008-05-13, 10:15 PM
Catching Gil as he falls, Aelodin sets him down gently. For the first the first time in a good long while, all is still in the Elf's manor...

Randel
2008-05-14, 06:17 PM
Carmot

The warforged stops near Aelodin as he sets Gil down.

"That was close." he holds out the rope. "Perhaps he should be restrained to prevent him from injuring himself or others." he lets one of the living characters handle that.

"I will check on the status of the weather outside."

Carmot carefully makes his way the front door to check on the storm (or looks out a window if thats faster) then he checks the fire. He thinks for a moment and then decides against checking on the status of the Wood Rot Monster upstairs. Though when Gil comes to he might want to ask him about it.

WillWolf
2008-05-16, 12:55 AM
Richard:

Richard came up and shrugged when the elf had passed out. This charade had gone on for so long that he was just tired out of it all.

GimliFett
2008-05-16, 09:21 AM
Shaking his head, Syd offers the pick to its owner. Ya dropped yer pick," he offers with a grin. "Want me to tie him up?"

Theli
2008-05-16, 09:29 AM
Carmot:

Looking through the, still broken, door, you see that the weather has turned quite mild this morning. Birds are chirping and a warm gentle breeze can be felt.

As to the fire, it has died down to bare embers.

Randel
2008-05-17, 01:27 AM
Carmot

"Good news, the storm has cleared up and we no longer risk freezing death by stepping outside." The warforged happily informs his companions.

Suzuro
2008-05-17, 01:28 AM
Heeheehee! HAHAHAHA! That was a blast! He takes his pick back with glee, inspecting it. Making sure it was still in prime condition in case he needed it to kill someone.

Ya! Ya! Tie him up, so he won't run away!

-Suzuro

WillWolf
2008-05-18, 07:23 PM
Richard:

Richard took a look at the unconscious elf, then a look at his companions, and thought for several seconds as the others settled down. He didn't want to tie up an unconscious anything, it just felt wrong, but they really needed to get something done about this.

Richard sighed, "Fine, but only until we figure out what the heck is wrong with ... well everything."

He went up stairs to search his pack for his rope and then come back with it to do so.

GimliFett
2008-05-23, 04:33 PM
Syd waggles his own rope around as Richard returns. "I'm on it," he says as he ties the elf up securely.

[roll0]
Ugh! Why do I bother rolling these days? Shee-ite! :smallannoyed:

Theli
2008-05-23, 04:34 PM
The mad elf is now tied up soundly and lies limp on the floor.

Suzuro
2008-05-23, 06:15 PM
Aelodin nods to Carmot as he notices him.

Good...we should get Gil back to what-his-face
With that, Aelodin begins walking towards the exit, back to where the fire is...or...was?

-Suzuro

Theli
2008-05-23, 07:08 PM
The fire is now down to embers. It is a lovely day outside. You feel... 1d20

"Joyous."

Randel
2008-05-24, 11:11 AM
Carmot

Carmot looks around. "I must say, this lovely weather makes me feel... joyous. Much more so than the freezing sleet and flooding and deadly weather that we had before."

Looking at the tied-up elf, he says, "I suppose we should take him back to the inn. Perhaps a cart or other tool would help transport him."

Carmot steps out of the building and looks around the house for a wheelbarrow or a cart to carry the tied up elf in. He momentarily wonders if the egg-shell he put there directions on has survived the night.

Suzuro
2008-05-24, 10:15 PM
Aeloding slowly trudges up to the outside territory and looks at Carmot curiously.

Can you even feel joyous...? regardless, you're right, we need a cart.

He also goes to look for a cart.

-Suzuro

WillWolf
2008-05-24, 11:11 PM
Richard:

Richard looks at the tied up elf and then around. He looked really uneasy about him being tied up, it just seemed wrong. The sun made him feel great too, so he bounced between the two extremes: an uneasiness and joy for just seeing the thing. It had been a long time of rain and cloud cover and not great weather.

Richard looks around, sighs, and asks the most obvious question: "Why are we carrying him away from his home?" This had an added irony considering he was still carrying the darkened wood, but light, buckler. "Well, maybe we can find a doctor or Silver Flame priest, or something, in town that can help him." Truthfully he had forgotten about the good priest with him, having been rather silent, but regardless with all that armor, he kind of imagined him more of a warrior and less of a cloth-bound artisan of the healing arts. Whatever evil was inside the man would be purged.He then thought about the green bug, and sighed, that creature would also need to get safely released, but he would have to see to the person first. That image of the claw bothered him. Perhaps he could talk to someone in town who knew more about ... claws.

OOC Note:Cue secret Paladin ability ... stick in the mud.

Randel
2008-05-25, 04:04 PM
Carmot

"The kindly old innkeeper who asked us to check on Gil said that if he wasn't okay to bring him back to the inn so that he could get someone to help him." Carmot replies "At least, thats what I recall. I imagine that the haunted inn might be a better place for Gil than this haunted house... and an innkeeper should have a better idea of who to call for emergencies than ourselves."

"Plus, did I mention that this place gives me the creeps? Seriously, there's a huge bug upstairs and weird animated furniture in one of the bedrooms... well, they were animated before we killed them. Plus the traps and weird carved out tunnels and that shadow that appeared for a moment."

"I would venture to say that the inn we came from might be a teensy bit better for Gils sanity and health than this place... and I'm some kind of magic-powered thinking statue made of wood and metal. I don't even know how its possible for me to feel happy or creeped out... I kind of lost my instruction manual."

WillWolf
2008-05-25, 11:11 PM
Richard:

Richard sighs and mumbles, "Fine." He doesn't like it, but it looks like they are doing the right thing in the end.

Suzuro
2008-05-26, 11:57 PM
Aelodin

Aelodin continued to look for a cart. Slowly. Looking back and forth, and back again. Checking every nook and cranny for anything mysterious.

I forgot about that shadow...and now that you mentioned it...you just can't be too safe around this place.

He slowly, slowly walked around peeking back and forth.

-Suzuro

Theli
2008-05-27, 08:05 AM
Searches will turn up a weathered and battered wheelbarrow just outside the building. It is missing its wheel, which can be found split in half a few feet away.

GimliFett
2008-05-27, 08:37 AM
The dwarf looks at the disabled wheelbarrow for a long moment before shrugging. "Maybe we can rig up a travois?" he asks the others.

WillWolf
2008-05-27, 11:10 PM
Richard:

At the mention of the word 'the shadow' Richard looked very alert. That weird shadow thing made him somewhat nervous, he placed his hand over his symbol of the Flame and began to mumble a quick prayer:

"Flame light the shadow of this poor elf's mind, and bless the dwelling. Let it be as pure as the ash that comes from thee..." And on and on he went, for a very long time as he went searching through the house (minus bats and beetle room), every so often hardening his heart to see if there was anything out of the ordinary (ooc: aka, detect evil).

He returned to the rest of them. Richard turned and faced the dwarf with a very confused look on his face. "Travy? What's that now?"

Suzuro
2008-05-29, 09:54 PM
Heeey! We need to fix this thing! Who's good at fixin' stuff?!

-Suzuro

Randel
2008-05-30, 10:27 PM
Carmot

Carmot looks at the broken wheelbarrow and tries fixing it. Either using an infusion like mending or make whole (which aren't in the Artificer infusiioin list for some reason but they really should be) or if he can't do that then he tries fixing them with his crafting skills.

Craft check to fix: [roll0]

Suzuro
2008-06-01, 10:36 PM
Aeloding attempts to help Carmot with fixing it.

Aid Another check: [roll0]

-Suzuro

Theli
2008-06-02, 11:30 AM
Using some quality nails from his artisan kit, Carmot roughly hammers together the wheel. It's usable, but there's no telling how long it will last.

It's a relatively simple manner to reattach the wheel to the wheelbarrow.

Carmot:

You'll have to spend [roll0] copper when you get back to town to replace the nails.

Randel
2008-06-03, 05:36 PM
Carmot

"Ah, that should keep it in place." Carmot says, proud of his work. "Now then, let us bring this poor insane fellow back to civilization where he can get the proper treatment he deserves. Though when we reach the inn it might be beast to go through the back door so as not to draw attention."

The warforged gently puts the Elf in the wheelbarrow along with some blankets and such taken from the bedroom and puts his crossbow over his shoulder. Then gets the handles of the wheelbarrow and is ready to push the thing along the road... careful to avoid any major bumps or other difficult terrain.

Theli
2008-06-13, 11:09 AM
The trip back to town is uneventful. It is evening by the time you arrive and you spot the town's citizens ambling back to their places of rest, or to the taverns, depending on their temperament.

GimliFett
2008-06-13, 11:25 AM
As they enter the boundaries of the town, Syd lets out a sigh of relief. "Now, if only we can avoid any demon-weasels while we sleep," he mutters before smiling at his companions.

Randel
2008-06-14, 12:20 AM
Carmot

The warforged wheels the wheelbarrow around back of the inn and knocks gently on the back door with his hard metal knuckles.

WillWolf
2008-06-14, 08:02 PM
Richard:

Richard, who obviously didn't get that Syd was just joking, cocked a shifty eye at him before shrugging. "Yeah hopefully," he muttered while staring at the elf. Throughout the entire time he had more or less been staring at the tied up elf in question. It was really, really bothering him that the elf was tied up like some sort of animal. Yes, he was crazy, but ... it was just wrong to tie him up. He wasn't a bad person, just a little strange...

Theli
2008-06-15, 08:38 AM
A halfling female, weilding a frying pan close to her chest, slowly opens the door and asks, "Yes?"

Suzuro
2008-06-17, 10:44 PM
Aelodin wandered behind the others on the way back to town, pondering his own lot in life, as well as what had transpired during their little trip. But then he stopped and realized he had been using such large words, it was amazing!

Walking up to Inn, he finally catches up with the group, just as a small person walks out.

His eyes widen slightly, as the frying pan she is holding is almost as large as her....

-Suzuro

GimliFett
2008-06-19, 11:31 AM
The dwarf briefly looks at his more charismatic companions before shrugging and hooking a thumb towards the wheelbarrow. "We rounded up Tobi's pal, Gil. Could ya let us in, or get Tobi?"

Theli
2008-06-19, 12:11 PM
She replies, "Ohhh...Tobi told me to tell people like you to go out to Madame Zhang on the west side of town..."

GimliFett
2008-06-19, 12:32 PM
Syd frowns. "He tells us to go check on his buddy, an' when we return, he wants us to go see a..." he pauses, searching for the word. PIMP?!?! He thinks to himself as he shakes his head. "Whatever. West side of town. How do we know which one is hers?"

Theli
2008-06-19, 12:41 PM
"Oh well... There'll probably be smoke..."

WillWolf
2008-06-20, 12:49 AM
Richard:

Richard's eyes shot up from the elf in the wheelbarrow after the dwarf placed his foot in his mouth.

"Smoke, thank you. I'm sure we'll find it. Flame bless you and may all meals be warm with it's protecting warmth." Was all he said in return to the halfling before any of his companions would mess up any thing up. Sometimes the dwarf was crazier than the elf (ooc: take your pick of which one) and sometimes he just needed to take charge of the situation before ... people placed feet in mouths.

Richard shook his head turned around and continued on.

Randel
2008-06-22, 06:20 PM
Carmot

Carmot nods and moves the wheelbarrow toward Madame Zhangs place. In the context of the events he supposes that Madame Zhang must be a psychic or priestess of some kind who deals with supernatural stuff.

While he travels he looks out for any hardware stores where he can get 1cp worth of nails.

Theli
2008-06-22, 06:31 PM
Ambling along, Carmot fortuitously spots 1CP worth of nails left alone on the street.

40 feet away, a rundown shack can be spotted, smoke fuming through the cracks in the ceiling.

GimliFett
2008-06-23, 09:16 AM
"How...quaint," the dwarf mutters. "Well, this can't be a bordello."

Randel
2008-06-24, 12:51 AM
Carmot

Carmot looks up from the ground, briefly marveling at the nail in his hand... the size... the shape. Truly the most valuable item he has come across in quite some time.

"Well, this can't be a bordello."

Carefully putting his new treasure into his artisans kit, he looks at the dwarf.

"I should certainly hope not... imagine a giant beastly rodent with wooden planks on its back hanging around in a civilized area like this.... always digging tunnels under the streets and curling up into a ball to roll over people. A creature like that would be a public nuisance at the very least."

WillWolf
2008-06-24, 01:07 AM
Richard:

Richard after addling along enjoying the flowers and the nail. He simply added, in his own charming way, "Well that is a pretty good nail, but I think the weapons and the shield, like the silver dagger, are worth more." Obviously Richard just did not get it.

"Well, this can't be a bordello."

"A bored hello?"

"I should certainly hope not... imagine a giant beastly rodent with wooden planks on its back hanging around in a civilized area like this.... always digging tunnels under the streets and curling up into a ball to roll over people. A creature like that would be a public nuisance at the very least."

"Huh?--Whatever." He definitly didn't get it.

He was however happy to see the elf get into safety.

Randel
2008-06-24, 01:40 AM
Carmot

"Well you see... its sort of like an armordillo but with boards instead of armor. And as you can expect, anything worth being THAT unnatural has to be dangerous and giant."

Carmot ponders this fact. "Kind of funny we don't see many magical herbivores... everything has to have a taste for living flesh or something. I mean... when was the last time you heard about an enchanted tree that could walk around but just minded its own business? Or a... a rabbit that could make plants grow magically so it could hide in them. Stuff like that just doesn't exist, its like nature hates people for some reason."

Thinking: "Damm nature... all you do is give us rust, sand-in-the-joints, and ravenous dire woodpeckers! I swear I'll cut down every tree I see and burn the..."

Noticing the others, he turns his blank metal face towards the hut and hums to himself a little.

GimliFett
2008-06-30, 11:21 PM
The dwarf shakes his head. "Y'all're hopeless. In we go!" Syd says as he leads the way inside.

WillWolf
2008-07-02, 02:33 AM
Richard:
"Oh."

"Kind of funny we don't see many magical herbivores... everything has to have a taste for living flesh or something. I mean... when was the last time you heard about an enchanted tree that could walk around but just minded its own business? Or a... a rabbit that could make plants grow magically so it could hide in them. Stuff like that just doesn't exist, its like nature hates people for some reason."

"Well if I was a rabbit I would make plants that I would make plants that I could eat and then claw at whatever is eating me."

"Y'all're hopeless. In we go!"

"I'm not hopeless." He grumbled, but he also raced up and reached the door ahead of the dwarf (unless he raced him). The last time the dwarf came up, they nearly got a frying pan to the face.

"Umm, Mr. halfling barkeeper, we've got the crazy elf ... can you answer the door?" He said as he knocked very loudly on the door; however, it came off as charming in it's own way.

OOC note, safe to look at. Ahh the love of having a charismatic idiot.

Theli
2008-07-02, 04:20 PM
A young human male, in his mid-20s, opens the thin wooden door of the shack, gesturing to you so that you might lower your voice.

"Please, be calm. Tobi has told us that you might be coming. Please, enter... And bring that man with you..."

Passing the door, those of you with noses almost gag at the strength of the "incense" in the air. The area is well light, but the haze makes it slightly difficult to make out any details. Directly opposite of the door, with her back to the wall and sitting on a mat, lies a venerable halfling in thick, but tattered, robes.

Randel
2008-07-03, 10:20 PM
Carmot

The warforged brings in Gil, the heavy incense doesn't affect him. But it does obstruct his vision a little.

"It seems this building is in need of repair... the ventilation is clearly inadequate for its current use... all these pollutants are building up with nowhere to go."

He spots the venerable old halfling. "And this poor woman seems to be in a terrible state. All this musty air and those tattered clothes must be murder on her health... and I hate to think what this place would be like in a fire. We should ventilate this place immediately and see about getting this poor woman some air and clean clothes."

He opens the door a little and uses a piece of paper as a fan to fan some of the pollutants out of the building.

Though the spells mending and make whole aren't on the artificers infusion list, would it be okay if I added them to it?

WillWolf
2008-07-04, 01:17 AM
Richard:

Richard was very surprised about the hush-hush nature of the place. It was all very secretive to say the least, and he was kind of in awe ... and kind of creeped out to.

Never the less Richard picked up the elf from the wheelbarrow, took a look around, and said "I hope I am doing the right thing here" as he took the elf to the wooman. This situation felt very constricted to him. Very much like on the monostaries outside of the city of Sigilstar, stoic, crowded, ... uncomfortable, and he probably would have left if it wasn't for the fact that he really, really wanted the elf man to be cured of this evil. If Richard had stronger sense of himself in the world, he would try it himself, but he just didn't have that kind of know-how, so he put his trust in the Flame and in his own ability to make the best decision and followed what his heart told him was right.

Religion check: Just to see how much his feeling of religious significance is actually worth. [roll0]

Theli
2008-07-24, 09:48 AM
The olden halfing waves you in. She speaks, "Please, close the door after you. It's really quite alright."

When the beaten elf is brought before her, she starts to wave her arms over him in an intricate pattern, reciting a deep, soft chant. In not too long he sits up as the rope unravels from around him. He seems to have a content, and almost delirious, look on his face as he lifts himself up and walks over to a nearby wall which he promptly leans his back against.

"This man's spirit is profoundly broken. He will need quite some time before he is right again. At least several days. Thank you for bringing him to me..."

"You may have noticed that Gil is no longer in town. I had asked him to undergo an errand. Unfortunately, I do not know when he may return. Now... to show our gratitude, we have even arranged some kind of recompense for you." At this, she waves towards the human that let you in. "Mack here will give you each your share." At this, the human nods at you.

OOC:

Anyone who comes up to Mack will be shown a bag containing a large number of gems. There are blue ones, yellow ones, violet ones, red and green ones... You even spot a number of black pearls. You will be allowed to take any two, and no more.

If asked about which one might be worth more than the others, he'll only respond that they're all worth about the same.

Randel:

My understanding is that artificer's tend to use mundane skills for mundane tasks, and their special magic training for their main focus, magic items. Since you generally can't fully repair broken magic items through magic, they tend to not worry about those types of incantations. Therefore, you probably wouldn't have received any magical knowledge that does so. (It may even have been viewed as counterproductive by your trainer. Working with your hands may have been thought to give you a better understanding of how things work.)

However, if you really want to, I don't see any issue with you researching such an infusion. Just say that you will be spending whatever free time you have doing so.

Willwolf:

Well, besides the overabundance of incense and the cramped quarters, there's virtually nothing in common with the monasteries you might remember.

WillWolf
2008-07-25, 12:51 AM
Richard:

Well at first he was going to forgo the reward; however, he really, really liked the idea of getting some sort of cash flow again. He was not particularly wealthy, his line of work was mostly based on charity, and well, he was allowed some sort of something, right?

He looked somewhat apprehensive about dropping off the elf in some weird and smelly halfling woman. And well she seemed to be nice enough anyway.

"If we--I" he didn't want to speak for the full team, he wasn't that ... authoritarian, "can do anything, well I'll do it."

OOC Note: Richard will take whatever is left. Paladins are cool that way.

Randel
2008-07-26, 09:08 PM
Carmot

Carmot looks into the bag for a moment and selects one black pearl and one green gem.

Appraise: [roll0]

GimliFett
2008-07-28, 01:30 PM
Not really seeing anything that jumps out at him, Syd takes a pair of the violet stones and pockets them. "These are nice," he nods, before continuing, "Thank you!" He says to the wizened halfling. "Do you know what caused Gil's issues? And with Tobi gone, will we be able to get our rooms back?"