PDA

View Full Version : The Pillar of Justice

goken04
2007-12-17, 07:24 PM
I'm developing a new build and I would like to call on the encyclopdic knowledge of the boards for help. If you know of...

1. Any mechanics (variant skill uses, skill tricks, feats, racial abilities, class features, etc...) that grant you a bonus for standing in place. (Such as Dwarven Defender's Defensive Stance or the Stone Dragon stances and Deepstone Sentinel PrC)

2. Any mechanics (besides spells) that can cause an enemy to attack you or favor you over your allies. (Such as the Knight's Test of Mettle)

Please, post them in this thread!

Blasterfire
2007-12-17, 07:31 PM
For 2, dragonlance has a taunt mechanic. Make a bluff opposed by sense motive, if they fail, they have -1AC until your next action and are "likely to direct their next attack at you, but are under no compulsion to do so." They also need to be able to understand you. Maybe not as certain as you would like, but there you go.

Kizara
2007-12-17, 07:38 PM
For 2, dragonlance has a taunt mechanic. Make a bluff opposed by sense motive, if they fail, they have -1AC until your next action and are "likely to direct their next attack at you, but are under no compulsion to do so." They also need to be able to understand you. Maybe not as certain as you would like, but there you go.

Robilar's Gambit and Karmic Strike both have the "I want them to hit me" feel.

Renegade Paladin
2007-12-17, 08:26 PM
The Goad feat makes them attack you if they fail a save.

Xefas
2007-12-17, 09:08 PM
The Stand Still (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#standStill) feat keeps your enemies in place, protecting all your allies.

Kompera
2007-12-17, 11:04 PM
The spiked chain and several of the feats which are useful in combination with the spiked chain work well for what you're looking to do. You don't get any specific "bonus for standing in place", but you do gain a reach attack and the ability to trip or disarm (or just damage or halt using Stand Still) opponents looking to get past you and at your allies.

Goad relies on CHA and has a 13 CHA prerequisite, so it's not terribly useful for most melee types who typically dump CHA in favor of the other physical stats.