PDA

View Full Version : Spell Overlap?

Glorytome
2007-12-17, 09:14 PM
If I'm a sorceror multiclassing as a bard would I get 2 extra 0-level spells to choose from or would I just have the 6 I have as a sorceror as a maximum. sorry if the question is worded wrong.

FlyMolo
2007-12-17, 09:15 PM
I think your bard spells and your sorceror spells are separate. Figure your spells/day and spells known independently.

RandomFellow
2007-12-17, 09:17 PM
The 'pools' of spells are handled completely separately.

If you were a Wizard 1 / Sorcerer 1 / Bard 1

You'd have as a
Bard:
4 Cantrips Known and you could cast 2/day

Wizard:
Spellbook. 4 cantrips + 1 1st level spell per day

Sorcerer:
4 Cantrips+2 1st level spells Known and you can cast 5 cantrips + 3 1st level spells per day.

Kantolin
2007-12-17, 09:19 PM
Spells

The character gains spells from all of his or her spellcasting classes and keeps a separate spell list for each class. If a spell’s effect is based on the class level of the caster, the player must keep track of which class’s spell list the character is casting the spell from.

So claims here:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/multiclass.htm

Basically, what the above posters said (and I'm sure I'm going to be ninja'd with this information, heh). You keep your spellcasting completely separate.

Glorytome
2007-12-17, 09:20 PM
thank you for replying so fast. Your responses are very helpful.:smallbiggrin:

Prometheus
2007-12-17, 09:32 PM
Generally, it is considered wasteful to multiclass with multiple spellcasting classes, but if the effect you are going for is having many low level spells, than you've certainly have it.