View Full Version : Comic Variety

gamerboy6000
2007-12-17, 09:53 PM
I was wondering if there is a chance for any new comics

Samiam303
2007-12-17, 09:55 PM
You mean comics other than Order of the Stick and Erfworld? Assuming that's your meaning, there's no indication that there are any new comics going to be added anytime soon. However, I wouldn't say it's impossible, since if I remember right, Erfworld was a fairly surprise announcement.

Baerdog7
2007-12-17, 10:42 PM
The Giant has repeatedly expressed his desire for GitP to become a hub of roleplaying resources and comics other than just the Order of the Stick. I would say that it is quite possible for other comics (and roleplaying articles) to be posted on the site in the future.

Mr_Saturn
2007-12-17, 11:39 PM
Various fan-made oots-style comics are being made in the "Arts & Crafts" section. Some of them are pretty good.

Ichneumon
2007-12-18, 01:24 AM
Yes, I would advice you to go look there. Some of them are really great.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-12-18, 02:50 AM
Yep!
Best ones in my book!
OOTS
Ring V
And Banjo's comic which I can't remember the name of.

And then coming from behind is Failing Safes(with an F I think), made by Almighty Salmon...

Jimorian
2007-12-18, 10:35 AM
I'll mildly hijack the thread to put in a gentle request for more fiction. Amber Scott's story is mighty good, but I think it's getting lonely. :smallsmile:

Dallas-Dakota
2007-12-18, 10:45 AM
Jimor, check Mr Edwardnigma´s story, it involves an talking monkey:smallbiggrin:

But, you should check the later posts, than its devided into paragraphs, much easier to read.

DraPrime
2007-12-18, 07:49 PM
As far as fan made comics go, Opening by Ichneumon is pretty good, though the dialogue may seem very cheesy it has a good plot. And don't limit yourself to this website for comics.

Rawhide
2007-12-21, 03:10 AM
Out of all the comics posted directly in the forum, which are your favourites?

NOTE: I just thought I should add that this is a personal curiosity only.

gamerboy6000
2007-12-22, 09:04 AM

I would have to say Ring V

Ceska
2007-12-22, 09:13 AM
Failing Saves, definitely. I don't follow any of the others more than once in a while reading the archives, whereas here I read every time a new one is posted.

Follow up would be Whitefeather, but it has not enough updates yet.

Just for the art, but not for anything else (if you exclude the title), C2H5OH gets third price.

Om
2007-12-22, 11:32 AM
The Giant has repeatedly expressed his desire for GitP to become a hub of roleplaying resources and comics other than just the Order of the Stick. I would say that it is quite possible for other comics (and roleplaying articles) to be posted on the site in the future.However Rich has to update Erfworld himself and I seem to recall that The Gleaner article was sitting on his HD before he got round to posting it. Given that Rich barely has time for OotS I can't see his plans for the site moving forward with pace.

Szilard
2007-12-22, 11:43 AM

I'm following Remember, The Story of Death,Failing saves, Whitefeather,Age of Marian, Ring V,C2h5oh, and Zombie Stickmen.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-12-22, 12:01 PM
However Rich has to update Erfworld himself and I seem to recall that The Gleaner article was sitting on his HD before he got round to posting it. Given that Rich barely has time for OotS I can't see his plans for the site moving forward with pace.
Yeah. The trick is finding a system that lets the authors post their own comics on their own schedules while keeping the server secure enough for Rich's taste.

Midnight Son
2007-12-22, 01:16 PM
Whitefeather and Failing Saves for me. Some of the others are decent, but just didn't appeal enough for me to follow them in a thread. I might, if there were a way to post them the way OoTS and Erfworld get posted.

StickMan
2007-12-22, 09:10 PM
Failing Saves for the win. I love that comic.

I've never been able to figure out why Rich does not use some of the people on this forum. Many who put things on homebrew here are just as skilled as published authors, and many of our artists are top notch.