PDA

View Full Version : A recent project of mine, in progress

BRC
2007-12-17, 11:37 PM
So for the Next DnD campaign i'm going to be in (epic level evil) my character will have an army, lots and lots of troops. Ive been drawing them out or the last week or so and here is what I have so far.
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/Hoboarmy.png
All rows are left to right.
Top Row: Goblin Batrider (mounted on a trained dire bat) Sergant, Dire Batrider about to throw a flask of alchemists fire.
Middle Row: Hobgoblin General, his right eye is essentially a crystal ball (Long story.) and he wields a force damage sabre, next is a Hobgoblin Spell-Capitan, he has a force sabre and a wand of lightning bolt, plus some armor under that coat. Next is a Hobgoblin Sergent with a greatsword, then a Hobgoblin foot solider with his trident and sheild out, his glaive stowed on his back. Then a Hobgoblin footsolider with his glaive out, his trident and sheild on his back. Then a Goblin Sergent, then a standard goblin crossbowman.
Bottom Row: Goblin Rhino-Riders, sergent then standard.

Lyinginbedmon
2007-12-18, 08:26 AM
Very nice, though I have to ask: If it's a D&D campaign, why is artwork involved? :smallconfused:

Arakune
2007-12-18, 08:29 AM
And why they have this WWII fell on it?

Bayar
2007-12-18, 09:11 AM
I like it, it reminds me of your first drawings in ABR...with the goblin mobsters :smallbiggrin: . And yeah, it does resemble WWII, but think it gives a nice touch....

BRC
2007-12-18, 09:43 AM
It involves Artwork because I felt like it, yeah some of the stuff does have a kind of WWII feel to it, maybe because Ive been playing company of heroes recently, but I liked that better than the standard spiky black armor.
Special Note: If you notice all the officers have somthing on their hats, that is a chain, the more links they have the higher rank they are, the system exists soley as a pun on the phrase "Chain of Command"

BRC
2007-12-18, 01:22 PM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/Troops2.png
Top Row: My Character, hobgoblin rogue with 4 arms due to a polymorph-gone-awsome, he is wielding a Flaming Burst Rapier, a Icy Burst Rapier, a Shocking Burst Rapier and an Acidic Burst Rapier. Next is his cohort, a half-dragon sorceror.
Middle Row: A Goblin Field Surgeon with a wand of CLW, and a Goblin Medic.
Bottom Row: A Troll with a fullblade, and Full Plate. Next is a Minotaur shock-trooper with a greataxe, followed by 2 centaur cavalry, one has his melee weapon (sabre and lance) out, the other has his composite longbow out.
Any Comments?

Szilard
2007-12-18, 07:53 PM
All of them are awesome, I especially like the chain of command.:smallbiggrin: