PDA

View Full Version : Scarred Lands fans

gargoyle
2007-12-18, 02:24 AM
Are you out there? I'd love to hear from you. Since the passing of SL as an active published setting, I've been doing my little part to keep it alive, with limited success. Was it really that poorly recieved? That boring? That unnoticed? IMO, SL was a great setting with lots of potential. If you love SL, let me know! Let everyone know!

Fizban
2007-12-18, 02:30 AM
I read part of Relics and Rituals once, which gave me just enough info that I would have liked to have seen the main book. It seemed pretty good, admittedly with a bit of fan service (mages having to strip whenever they cast spells?), but the the history was a lot more interesting than say, forgotten realms.

Talic
2007-12-18, 02:31 AM
SL was a good setting, but it had some definite balance issues. The critters were so highly powered, that my players started referring to the Scarred Lands Monster Manual as the "White Book of Death".

That said, some of the PrC's, such as Vigilant, Cryptlord, and Incarnate were definite good things.

Spells were similarly overpowered, especially with the shadow spells. Granted, with the Penumbral lord class, they had to up it a bit, but even so...

My biggest gripe was that Relics and Rituals didn't have estimated value of magic items.