PDA

View Full Version : Bound - IC



Pages : [1] 2

Greyen
2007-12-18, 02:47 AM
Bound - Chapter 1


Another day gone by. Another day spent as the day before. A sickening feeling grips your core. An almost familiar feeling, one that you remember but never quite get used too.

A mortal is calling you. Summoning you to the Prime. Summoning you to serve their will, be it for a minute or for a year. You have done this before albeit rarely. Few have the power or the knowledge to summon one such as yourself.

You are unique among your kind. Something was twisted when you were created. Your spirit has more room to grow. Your abilities are not like the other hundreds of thousands of your kind.

To summon you they must have your name.

A twist and then the world blurs and shifts, first a cascade of color and then a flash of blinding light as you pass through the curtain.

Blackness. The acrid smell of fresh ligthning, and the heavy smell of smoke from waxen candles hangs in the air. Your body feels heavy, your mind is sluggish. The room you are in spins for a moment, black obisidian walls a black marble floor engraved in silver. Bulky metal statues spin across your vision.


Ommsilinaas Ommsilnaas Ommsilinaas A voice repeats from somewhere above, echoing itself repeatedly.

As your vision clears you can see the summoning circel engraved in the floor, blinding in its actinic glare. Another larger circle, more complex and unfamiliar surrounds that one. And yet a third surrounds that one. Each more complex and different, for there is no other word, than the last.

Your mind feels disconnected, something was not right here. Where ever you are it is not where you had previously thought you were going.

Lochar
2007-12-18, 10:23 AM
Waetir

Waetir appears as a drop of water, floating serenely as he peers around. Seeing the written binding circle, a mental frown goes across his mind.

This is not how I agreed to be bound. He thinks to himself.

He tests the circle's power to hold him, before even looking around for summoners.

Caster level check versus Spell Resistance of 26 or I get loose.
Attempt to dimension door out of the circle.
Cha check versus DC of 15+half caster level+caster's Cha. [roll0]

This is if the circle is as a planar binding spell.

Should Waetir not be able to break the circle, he addresses the area mentally. "And what would be the purpose of summoning me?"

Greyen
2007-12-18, 10:52 AM
Looking around you see that you are in a circular pit of marble. 3 large humanoid metal statues stand within the bounds of the exterior circle. The pit is open at the top but you cannot see much beyond the lip, other than the fact that it opens up to a larger space. The ceiling is carved from black marble. Identical circles are marked into the roof directly above you.



He tests the circle's power to hold him, before even looking around for summoners.

As you try the boundry of the first circle it flares and throws you back into its center. You hear a dry rasping chuckle from above. {Aquan}Excellent, the first has arrived.

As you try to move dimensionally the second circle flares, then subsides. the voice from above says in Aquan You cannot escape, these circles were made specifically for you.


"And what would be the purpose of summoning me?"

Why? To bind you of course. You see from above a nearly skeletal form step over the edge of the pit and float slowly down toward you. Beads of brilliant read energy glow in this long dead humans eyesockets. His bony frame supports a magnificent robe covered in blinking eyes, and a highly polished black leather belt, tightened to its last hole.

Lochar
2007-12-18, 11:00 AM
Ddoor and the Cha check don't work either, since I assumed the bounceback was my spell resistance check?

"I'd prefer you request, and not demand. Circles like these don't endear you to any you might summon. What do you wish to bind me for?"

Greyen
2007-12-18, 11:27 AM
Nothing works...close...very very close though.

You seem to be under the impression that I am going to give you a choice. I was not asked to be bound here. But with your assistance we can both leave this place. You serve me, and then we can both leave this place. The lich, for you recognise his kind easily, says with a grim sneer.

Lochar
2007-12-18, 11:32 AM
"I will not be forced to do something I do not care to do, and I can sit in this circle as long as you can keep the spell up. Eventually you would get tired of making demands of me that I refuse, then you cancel the spell and I return. Or you could try, I don't know, asking for my help?"

Greyen
2007-12-18, 12:05 PM
That is gnerally how this works. I, however do not have the patience nor the time to banter words with you. You will do my bidding or you will be destroyed along with me and the rest of this tiny little demi-plane. Oh, you probably had not realized quite the situation that you are in.

We are on small demi-plane. It was created over a thousand years ago by an arch-mage to imprison me. He could not find my phylactry and I was a thorn in his side. He was my former master, I think that he is now dead. So he bound me here, there is but one exit and I cannot find a way to cross it. So you see I am trapped. Fortunately for me I have been able to subvert a small portion of control over this plane to my needs. I have also been able to contact others who would trade knowledge with me. That is how I have been able to find you. And now I tire of this conversation, time is short, for the in my meddling with the structure of this plane to create an egress I have damaged it and it is collapsing. Ever so slowly but I do know that whatever is left in it will be destroyed. Now hold still this shouldn't hurt ...much.

He steps back and raises his hands and begins to cast a spell, drawing a small iron bar from within his sleave as he does so. As he finishes you feel constricted as if something were holding you. The iron bar evaporates into nothingness.


SR check - 28
Please make a Will save.

Lochar
2007-12-18, 12:13 PM
Will Save:[roll0]

--Edit Bwa ha ha, natural 20!

Waetir

Waetir's body blinks for a moment, but then the drop of water shakes. "That wasn't very nice of you. If you promise to quit trying to force me, I will help you leave. Is that acceptable?"

Greyen
2007-12-18, 12:23 PM
Grrrr...:smallbiggrin:

His eyes flash in anger as the constriction fails. You are stronger than I had hoped, that is excellent. Your acquiecence is not want I want. I want you for my slave. He raises his hands again to cast a spell, this time pulling a crystaline sphere from his pocket, which seems to leap from his hand to envelope you.


Reflex Save please

On way or another I'll get you.

Lochar
2007-12-18, 12:26 PM
... I've got a 36 Dex... Reflex save: [roll0]

--Edit. Of course, I would roll only a 5 for that one. :P Did I save?

Greyen
2007-12-18, 12:54 PM
You can see and feel a spherical field of force surround you it is about 6 inches in diameter. The lich chuckles, I had hoped for this to go with out wasting that spell, but it will serve. And so will you.

He draws forth from his pocket a wand which he points to each of the circles in turn. They flash for a moment as their magics disperse, tarnished silver inlay is all that remains. He slips the wand into his sleeve and puts on an oversized heavy black metal ring onto his thumb.

He draws from his belt a tiny net seemingly made from a spider's web, he touches it to the ring and you can see a tiny line of power, nearly invisible run from the ring to the web. Ever so delicately he wraps the net around the orb of force. He ties the bottom of the net together completely surrounding you. He pulls the line of force tought with a tug of his hand, and shouts a single word glee written across his features, Shaddoch! The net glows for a moment and fades. With a quick gesture of the other hand the sphere dissapates into nothingness.

The net shrinks immediately, you feel it burn into you as it begins to pass through you.

A feeling of weight suddenly grips you, you can feel your very being connected to the ring.


Make another will save please.

Lochar
2007-12-18, 01:22 PM
Now I'll roll a 1, just to make up for the 20. Will save: [roll0]

--Edit. Actually, as he just dismissed the circle, and I have yet to be hit with dimensional anchor... Can I Ddoor away?

Greyen
2007-12-18, 02:02 PM
Excellent, come slave you can watch as I summon you companions. He turns and begins to float up and out of the pit you are in. You can feel the tug of the invisible line of force on your core, drawing you upward.

Moral Wiz
2007-12-18, 02:14 PM
V

The Lich's next spell draws upon what seems to be a blacker vein. A darkend mist begins to fill the next circle. The silver engravings seems to tarnish a tad, but it's wards remain accursedly firm, as they snare another victim

As the black mists clear, you see what appears, at first glance to be a humanoid. A tad tall in stature; prehaps an elf, in some simple green garment. But a second look gave quite clearly the thousands of lies in that statement.

The new arrival's face seemed almost flat. His skin was the brown red of melted stone, and seemed almost cracked in places. He had slits for eyes, a minisucle nose, and a slit of a mouth. His head was devoid of hair. His garment shifted for a moment, and a pair of jet black birds wings, with an impressive span rose to either side of him.

He looked out, suprised at the Lich, but makes an ironical courtly bow

And you are?

Greyen
2007-12-18, 02:30 PM
-This happens before MW's post-
After retuning to the top of the pits, Waetir sees that there are 5 pits arranged in a circle around a small platform. Atop the platform there are 4 scrolls and a ring. Taking the ring he slips it onto a finger and points to the staues from the pit Waetir was summoned from. Each of them in turn lifts and moves them into the next pit. He then takes the ring off placing it on the pedastal. The lich picks up one of the scrolls and unrolls it walking to the edge of another pit. He begins to read from the scroll.

-This happens after-

My name does not matter, you may call me 'Master' He then looks to the three statues and says in a commanding tone. Sieze him. The two of the once motionless statues spring forward attempting to grab the newcomer.


One one either side attempts to grab and arm.
To hit [roll0] vs touch AC
Grapple check [roll1]

To hit [roll2] vs touch AC
Grapple check [roll3]

They attempt to pin you, effectively holding you immobile.

Moral Wiz
2007-12-18, 02:38 PM
V

The yugaloth is evidently dumbfounded by this total immediete breach of manners. He is not physicly strong, and what resistance he can manage is to little avail

You are... confident in your abilities. Might I ask what has just happened here?

Greyen
2007-12-18, 02:50 PM
I am confident in my resources. Now hold still. He reaches into his wide belt pulling an inch thich metal hoop from within. HE pulls the hoop and it expands to be about a foot across. After touching the hoop to a heavy black metal ring on his thumb he says to the golems Make him kneel to his new master The two golems tighten their grip and force you to your knees. As he swings the hoop over your head you see a thin filament of power connecting the hoop to the ring. He indelicately drops the hoop over your headwhere it settles on your shoulders. Stepping back he hold out the ring and says Shaddoch! Nearly instantly the hoop closes on your throat choking of your air flow, you feel it burn as the weight of it fades away. Something grips your core, almsot as if the hoop is latched around your heart.

The lich then steps back pulling a wand from his sleeve and points it to the rings of power, each one dissapates with a flash.

Disdainfully he says Release him.

Looking to you he says Come slave, we have more work to do. You should meet your new companion as well.

He then floats back to the top of the pit, you feel the tug of the ring as he moves away.


Will save please.

Moral Wiz
2007-12-18, 03:19 PM
V

The Yugaloth does not strugle against his newfound captors now. He just laughs.

I hope you enjoy your moment of power "Master". Truely.

He actually smirks as the minions release him.

Lochar
2007-12-18, 04:17 PM
Waetir

Waetir stays low to the ground, ignoring the lich. He sends solely to the other creature. "You gave in entirely too easily. At least I made him work for it. I hope you enjoy working for this thing, as I won't."

Moral Wiz
2007-12-18, 04:29 PM
V

The yugaloth is suprised at the comunication (apparently from nowhere), but now the creature makes itself known to him, he notices the elemental. He replies by telepaty himself, obviously annoyed at his own mistakes.

I was suprised. I was expecting some bungaling prime, or prehaps a competant binder to do buisness with. Not a dead Mage with these servants it his back. Worrying. But he will get no second chance.

The fiend turns his two curious slited eyes upon the creature

But what are you anyway? You seem a strange creature; I don't recall ever having heard of your like. You are an elemental, correct? Why has this overconfidant prime bound you here? Has he told you anything?

Greyen
2007-12-19, 09:22 AM
Ignoring the two enslaved extraplanar entities the lich steps to the central pedastal. He takes a moment and examines the three remaining scrolls. He turns and looks to the remaining pits. He picks up the ring off of the pedastal, activating it he move the three golems to an unused summoning pit. Walking to the edge of the pit he takes one of the remaining scrolls and begins to cast a summoning.

Lochar
2007-12-19, 09:41 AM
V
But what are you anyway? You seem a strange creature; I don't recall ever having heard of your like. You are an elemental, correct? Why has this overconfidant prime bound you here? Has he told you anything?

He is insane. Bound here for a thousand years, or so he claimed, in this demiplane. Then the stupid one did something very stupid. He has corrupted the demiplane in an attempt to escape. Now it collapses on him, and with us bound to him, us as well. We are forced to help him escape, or our own essences will be trapped in here as well."

A barely visible ripple crosses the drop of floating water. "As for myself? I was born of elemental water, yes."

Waetir floats across the intervening space, landing on the lich. "You look tired. This should help perk you up!" Waetir tries, but is unsuccessful in attempting to activate his Cure Critical Wounds on the lich.

Used the first Will save in my OOC post. Would have been: [roll0] damage, Save 24 Will for half.

Moral Wiz
2007-12-19, 09:49 AM
He is insane. Bound here for a thousand years, or so he claimed, in this demiplane. Then the stupid one did something very stupid. He has corrupted the demiplane in an attempt to escape. Now it collapses on him, and with us bound to him, us as well. We are forced to help him escape, or our own essences will be trapped in here as well."

A barely visible ripple crosses the drop of floating water. "As for myself? I was born of elemental water, yes."

Waetir floats across the intervening space, landing on the lich. "You look tired. This should help perk you up!" Waetir tries, but is unsuccessful in attempting to activate his Cure Critical Wounds on the lich.

Used the first Will save in my OOC post. Would have been: [roll0] damage, Save 24 Will for half.


V

Briliant. Well, if this is a demiplane, and it is collapsing...

V concentrates for a moment, as the water elemental pesters their captor, holding one clawed inhuman hand to his unnatural head, and then he begins to see the interplay of arcana surrounding them

Detect magic. And [roll0] Spellcraft to identify stuff.

Oh, and

[roll1] Knowledge Planes

[roll2] Knowledge Arcana

[roll3] spellcraft for ways of getting out of mystic demi-planer prisons.

Greyen
2007-12-19, 10:22 AM
@V

Looking around the room you are in you see several auras that are easily identifiable.

In the pits is a Conjuration ring (inner most), Then an abjuration ring (central ring) and another abjuration ring of stronger power on the outside. All of these spells are not currently active.

The rings from the pit you came from and you assume the water elemental came from are only lingering magics.

The ring on the pedastal glows of transmutation magics. The scrolls glow dimly of stored spells, mixed auras.

The lich glows of overlayed spells, one you can identify easily are -
Levitate, and Spell Turning.
Much of his equipment, like the robe and belt glow too.

The walls glow of abjuration, evocation, transmutation, and enchantment magics all very powerful. You can see black lines running from the room to the lich, seeming to bind him like a leashed dog.

The Black ring on his finger is brilliantly powerful, blinding in its auras. Most strongly you see enchantments magics twined with abjuration. Part of the power of the walls is tied into the ring separately from the binding on the lich. The lines for force that the lich has bound both of you with also glow of enchantment and abjuration magics, there is a hint of necromancy and evocation in the lines that run from the two of you to the ring.

Most obvious is the fact that the lich and the ring are bound separately to the stuff of the plane. There is something wrong with the demiplane though. The ring is pulling power from the plane, who knows to what end.

Moral Wiz
2007-12-19, 11:01 AM
V

The Yugoloth would have raised an eyebrow as he looked at the arcane forces surrounding this place.

Then, as he started to work out exactly what they were, that mild suprise began to turn to almost fear. Irrespective of the Lich's reaction to Waetir's little trick, he began with his telepathy to the water elemental.

This thing is indeed outright bound to the plane, and that ring is too. Between the two, I don't see how he's going to get out. Oh, and that ring has chains of evocation and necromancy running towards us; atop countless powerfull aura's. Our new master too has no shortage of spells upon him. We are in trouble. Any thoughts?

He comes up behind the lich, and coughs gently. He is quite subserviant,; as he knows that right now anything else might put his existance on the line.

Master? If you want to escape this place, can I move about a bit, to examine it? I might be able to determine an escape route.

Greyen
2007-12-19, 11:13 AM
Waetirs attempt to cast a spell on the lich nearly sickens him causing the spell to fail. The lich does not interrupt reading from his scroll, but you do see a smirk cross his features as he continues on..

The lich pauses in between his spell casting Do what you will until I call you slave. You cannot go far in this place. He then turns his back on you.

There is only 1 exit from the room, a darkened arch way that leads to a short hallway with a plain wooden door at the end.

Lochar
2007-12-19, 11:19 AM
Waetir mentally grumbles to the other. "Stupid fricking binding spells. We escape from this idiot, and then leave him here to be collapsed on by this plane. I am Waetir, by the way."

Waetir floats over to the 'loth, before mentally speaking again. We might as well see what we can see. Mind if I ride with you? I can provide healing and protection if our master forgot to tell us about any other playmates he has."

Moral Wiz
2007-12-19, 11:24 AM
V

The irritation the guardian of the Tower felt at being adressed thus (At least Helekanalaith had manners) did not show.

Insted, he moved towards the rooms sole exit, striding through it, making for the wooden door. Upon reaching it, He tries to open it.

Greyen
2007-12-19, 11:29 AM
The doorway opens easily into a largeish (40 ft on a side) square room. Arrayed through out the room are various tables and partially finish mystical projects. Strange equipment abounds everywhere. While cluttered with stuff the room is very clean, everything gleams highly polished, not a speck of dust is seen. The room is lit from above by what looks like hundreds of permanent little flames hanging from chains. There are on the left and right walls.

Moral Wiz
2007-12-19, 11:32 AM
V

Certianly. Assistance is a valuable comodity in such situation.

The 'loth smiled at the water elemental.

I am known to my aquantances as V. That is as good a name as any.

After speaking to the elemental, he turns back to the problem of escape.

Moral Wiz
2007-12-19, 11:41 AM
The doorway opens easily into a largeish (40 ft on a side) square room. Arrayed through out the room are various tables and partially finish mystical projects. Strange equipment abounds everywhere. While cluttered with stuff the room is very clean, everything gleams highly polished, not a speck of dust is seen. The room is lit from above by what looks like hundreds of permanent little flames hanging from chains. There are on the left and right walls.

V

Well, we have material. The guardian sends to his new friend, an ironic tone in his thought.

V starts looking through the room, looking for anything that looks as if it is either working, or near working condition. He also is on the lookout for any possible exit. If nessecary, his wings will begin to flap, and he will check through the air.

DM on again, if not already.

[roll0] Spellcraft

[roll1] Spot

[roll2] Search

Greyen
2007-12-19, 11:50 AM
Scattered throughout the room are magical auras, and bits of magicla projects from what you can find its mostly experiments in piercing the planar barrier, or severing some sort of mystical connection. Unless you intend to spend hours or days putting some of the mechanisms back together there is nothing of use for you unless its an unweildy blunt or bladed object you are looking for.

The black stone walls are featureless. The only exits are in the other two walls. The roof has a metal frame bolted to it that supports the chains which light the room.

Moral Wiz
2007-12-19, 12:18 PM
V

A collection of broken tools. None are in workable condition. Nothing here useful.

the Yugoloth flies over to one of these new exits, and tries to use it

I assume there are other exits. If so, V will take the right hand one.

Greyen
2007-12-19, 01:03 PM
The door leads to another simple black stone hall way. This long hallway leads to a small chamber at the end of which stand a set of large iron banded metal doors. A huge wooden crossbeam lays in brackets locking the door in place.

Lochar
2007-12-19, 01:53 PM
Waetir

"This place is weird, V. Why would even a prime design a demi-plane to look like a house?"

Moral Wiz
2007-12-19, 03:39 PM
V

I...

The Yugoloth is silent for a moment, and then a rather sardonic reply comes, V actually seems a tad nervous.

I haven't the slightest idea. Primes are not people I have regular contact with. And this one's a dead to boot. Who can say?

Ho hum. Let's see if we can find out a little more. But first, we need to get through this door.

Stand back; just in case.

The Yugoloth's line of a mouth beams at that, and his hands now seem to glow a little with an arctic blue aura. Then, a storm of ice begins to crash down upon the barred door.

Ice storm
[roll0] Bludgeoning damage
[roll1] Ice damage

Moral Wiz
2007-12-19, 04:15 PM
V

Even before he can quite take in the effect of the ice, V's hands already seemed to start to glow with fire. As the ice starts to fade, V, a sadistice smile on his face, unleashes a pair of burning rays towards the door

Schorching Ray

[roll0]+[roll1] fire damage

Lochar
2007-12-19, 04:17 PM
Waetir

Waetir watches from the shoulder of V, where he sits. "If nothing happens, why don't we take a look at it closer. It is possible to picks locks, you know? And I am small enough to enter any lock and break it open from the inside."

Moral Wiz
2007-12-19, 04:20 PM
Waiting on Greyan, and the results of what happens to the door, before responding.

Greyen
2007-12-19, 11:13 PM
Other than making a wet and scorched door nothing happens.

Moral Wiz
2007-12-20, 12:44 AM
V

Prehaps that would have been more efficiant, but I needed somthing that I could attack, and pretend for a moment was that prime.

V smiles at Waetir.

If you wish to try the lock, feel free. But I suspect that it may not be that simple to get through.

V pauses for a moment, and then once more places a hand on his head.

Detect magic at the door.

[roll0]

Greyen
2007-12-20, 12:50 AM
The door radiates strong transmutation as does the bar holding it shut. There is not lock, just the big heavy bar. The spell is divine in nature made permanent by another spell (permanency you assume)

Moral Wiz
2007-12-20, 01:09 AM
V

The outsider studies the magic here; and gets a tad intruiged.

Transmutation? If it was conjuration, it could well be a way off plane. Abjuration, a ward set by that Prime; but Transmutation? What could that be? Just a ward? A barrier set up by the plane itself?

Oh well. Nothing much I can do with that in any case. And our captor will probably know more about it than me.Just in case

V concentrates for one more moment, and a pair of flaming beams once more shoot from his hands. Only this time, they aim at the bar, rather than the door itself.

Greyen
2007-12-20, 01:13 AM
Again only scorch marks.


Hardness of 10 , multiple inches thick..hmmm.

Moral Wiz
2007-12-20, 01:24 AM
That's why I targeted the bar. Oh well.
[roll0]+[roll1]

[roll2]+[roll3]

[roll4]+[roll5]

[roll6]+[roll7]

[roll8]+[roll9]

[roll10]+[roll11]

[roll12]+[roll13]

To start with ;p

V

I felt it give a little. There isn't a ward, the damn thing is simply too thick.

Well, that's something I can solve

With that, The flames jumped once more from V's hands. Only now, they did not let up.

Greyen
2007-12-20, 01:46 AM
After a while the bar falls with a loud thump to the floor. The two pieces smouldering slightly. The brackets on the wall still hold the ends. The door is still blocked by the heavy ends but you could move the bar far more easily now.

Moral Wiz
2007-12-20, 02:15 AM
V

Perfect. Now, let see if...

Un-accustomed to physical exhersion, V none the less treis to get the remaining peices of the bar out of the way. If he can not manage it through physical effort, he is not above standing in the dorway, and burning through the remaining peices of the bar.

Greyen
2007-12-20, 04:34 AM
V wrestles with the heavy bar. Slowly he is able drag one of the bars out of the way of the door.

Greyen
2007-12-21, 12:49 AM
Back in the summoning chamber-

The lich fininshes reading from the scroll. A burst of power flickers through the room. He looks down into the pit at his future new slave.

-CUE Kayrne

elkhantar
2007-12-21, 04:28 AM
A black whirlwind seems to materialize inside the summoning circle. It spins faster and faster till it seems to freeze and acquire solid form.

Floating a foot above the ground, a femenine figure wrapped in chains looks around slowly. Her contour flickers and blurs like the flame of a candle, blending with the shadows of the summoning pit.

Why have you summoned me? She inquires telepathically when her eyes locate the Lich. Her face is completely calm, like sculpted in marble, although the loose ends of the chains writhe anxiously, sprouting spikes and blades, probing the quality of the circle.

Greyen
2007-12-21, 04:51 AM
The lich leans over the pit. Perfect, you will do nicely. He looks to the three golems. Sieze her and hold her still. Mind the chains.

The three golems surge forward, one of them grabs Kayrne by the shoulders, the other two scoop up the chains encircling her. At the same time the lich chants a spell, a feeling of constriction encloses you.


As the golems were already inside the circle when it was enacted they do not diminsh its power in any way.

AoO's from you x1 each.

Golem 1 -
To Hit [roll0] touch attack
Grapple check [roll1] - attempting to pin if you get pinned you will be at -4 to be disarmed

Golem 2 Disarm [roll2]
Opposed attack Roll [roll3] include +4 for large size

Golem 3 Disarm [roll4]
Opposed attack Roll [roll5] include +4 for large size

Make a will save vs the liches spell.


EDIT - OOC - The dice roller hates the GM today-- look at all thos 2's

elkhantar
2007-12-21, 05:30 AM
AND WHO SAYS I'LL COOPERATE she transmits in what would be the equivalent of a psychic scream.

As the Golems try to grab her, the chains dart in all directions, growing wicked barbs and blades.


heh, I was lucky that you rolled so low, since that gives me a chance.
First attacks of opportunity against the golems:
hit:[roll0] damage:[roll1]
hit:[roll2] damage:[roll3]
hit:[roll4] damage:[roll5]

opposed grapple check: [roll6]
opposed disarm checks: [roll7][roll8]
(Since those chains are animated I didn't include the +4 per two handed weapon... and if I fail the grapple I should substract 4 to each of them)

Duh, I forgot the save... It'll come in next post, along with my actions if I pass the save.

Greyen
2007-12-21, 05:41 AM
Calmly the lich replies I never asked you for your cooperation. Now hold still.

The golems continue their attack. One of the chains is ripped away from her and thrown over the top of the pit away from her.


The chains scratch gouges into the golems armored bodies.

To hit [roll0]
Grapple [roll1]
Attempting to pin

Disarm [roll2]
Resisted attack roll [roll3]

Disarm [roll4]
Resisted attack roll [roll5]

elkhantar
2007-12-21, 05:41 AM
The demoness manages to escape the golem's first try to grasp her, but screams in pain as the first chain is ripped from her. Meanwhile she tries to resist the magic bond.

will save: [roll0]

If she makes the save and can resist, she will blend with shadows (grants total concealment) and attacks the golems with the free chains (+20 attack, 2d4+15 damage. The slam is +19 attack, 2d6+10).

She will also use Karmic strike next round (-4 AC, but can reply with an attack for each succesful attack against her).

I give you all the data because I don't know if she will be able to attack, so you can roll it in your next post if she can :smallsmile:
----------------------------------------------------
AAAAGH! you post too quickly to follow! :smallbiggrin:

Anyways, she's grappled, b/c I can't match such a high roll... unless a 20 is automatic success, and she can resist the disarms only on a roll of 16+/17+

I will let you post what happens next round, please, roll for me, since it is unclear the order of things, and well... I will enjoy resisting the Lich as much as possible :smallsmile:

Greyen
2007-12-21, 05:52 AM
The demoness feels the grip of magic hold her still. (Hold Monster)

The golems easily strip away her remaining chains tossing them over the side of the pit. The golem grappling with her holds her body and tilts her so that she is leaning forward slightly.

The floating lich lowers himself into the pit. Pulling a wand from his pocket he points it to the three binding rings in sequence. Each flashes and fades as their magic is disbursed. He slips the wand back into his voluminous sleeve.
He walks over and looks deep into her eyes and smiles. Now you will cooperate, slave.. He pulls a silvery ring from within his belt. Using both hands he pulls it and it expands into a wide hoop. He touches the hoop to a large black mettal ring on his thumb and then places it over her head. When the hoop settles onto her shoulders she feels it shrink down closing on her throat. The hoop tightens cutting off her airway before the weight of it fades as a burning pain fills her soul.

She can feel the connection to the ring and the two other souls bound to it.

The lich turns and floats back out of the pit. Come slave, when I am finished I will tell you how you will serve.


Will save please, for the effect of the binding.


------------
@Waetir and V
You both feel a new connection, another has been bound to the ring with you.

elkhantar
2007-12-21, 07:53 AM
Kayrne struggless agains the golem gripping her, to no avail. Helpless she sees the silvery hoop descending upon her and can only resort to her will to resist the spell.

will save [roll0]

I shall do your bidding she says obediently as she feels the force of the spell take full effect. ...for now she thinks, enraged by her own inability to overcome it.

Greyen
2007-12-21, 08:03 AM
15-20 - Charm Monster, second save in 2d6 days. Cannot harm the bearer of the ring with out a DC 25 will save first, cannot openly attempt to escape without a DC 25 Will save.
You can feel the direction and approximate distance to the ring, and the direction to anyone else attached to the ring.

That is all you can feel for now....


The lich busies himself once again, ignoring the actions of Kayrne unless she interferes.

He goes through the process of moving the golems to the next circle, and begins to read from the one of the two remaining scrolls. The outer binding circle flashes to life first, then the next. The final circle takes more time. You can tell that this is a more complex spell than the other two.

elkhantar
2007-12-21, 09:31 AM
Kayrne slowly floats towards the chains that were ripped from her, and they quickly re-attach themselves as soon as she closes in.

Deciding to be cautious, the demoness melds with the surrounding shadows and studies the room she's in.

Greyen
2007-12-21, 10:12 AM
You are in a circular chamber about 80 feet across. The walls are obsidian, with black marble floors and ceiling. There are 5 pits arranged in a pentagram, each about 30 feet wide. You have just emerged from 1 such pit. There are silver inlay arcane circles set into the floor and ceiling in and above each pit. At the center of the room is a pedastel with 2 scrolls and a ring on it. There is a stone archway in the western wall which leads to a wooden door.

Lochar
2007-12-21, 03:59 PM
Waetir

Waetir floats off of V's shoulder, and looks at the destruction, looking for a crack or anything in the door that would allow him to go through it.

Should he not see one, he will instead attempt to Dimension Door with V five feet forward, through the door.

Greyen
2007-12-22, 02:45 AM
@Waetir and V - and the others when they get outside to this point.

Diminesion dooring 5 feet forward, you see that you are on the other side of the door. You are outside, or what could be called outsid eon this tiny demi-plane. You can clearly see the boundry of the place for a dark shimmering wall of pure magic holds up the edge of this world. Looking around the featureless area you can see that the you have just stepped out of a black stone cube maybe 150 feet on a side. The ground is of the same black marble.

Looking upward you can see that the boundry actually marks a large dome shape. The corners of the top of the cube have been destroyed by what you assume to be the shrinking boundry of the demi-plane for they aregone where the stone interects with the boundry.

The most interesting object is what looks like an ancient stone gateway made of 3 huge slabs of rock. These stones are carved of granite and covered with symbols. The gatewayintersects the boundry wall like a doorway. Swirling multicolored energies stretch across the gateway, sparking and spitting. The Gate way is 50 feet directly infront of the door.

If you approach the gate you can see through the energies, into a darkened stone chamber. Something tugs at your soul, the bearer of the ring is calling you back to him.

In the chamber the lich prepares has prepared another pit and begins to cast from the scroll, as he finishes the innnermost ring of magics flash into power brightly.

-CUE Silf

elkhantar
2007-12-22, 05:51 AM
Kayrne waits for the next summoned creature to materialize, and remains blended in the chamber's shadows as if she was studying the room and not paying attention to the summoning. Nonetheless, she tries to telepathically contact the summoned creature.

Watch out! three golems and a lich await to attack you! she tries to warn.

Lochar
2007-12-22, 10:45 AM
Waetir

"Looks like we're being summoned back, V. Let's go see if we can screw up the next summoning."

Since Waetir can feel the pull and direction, he dimension doors himself and V back.

When the summoned comes in, Waetir uses his magics to attempt to help whoever appears.

Sculpted glitterdust on the golems and the lich. DC 24 or blinded, either way they get a -40 to hide for 9 rounds, so whoever is summoned in sees them all.

Timaoh
2007-12-22, 03:41 PM
Silf

Using her Temptation ability silf will fire off Detect good, Detect Law, Detect Thoughts DC (28), Tongues, and [roll0] To determine if the lich is trying to entrap her as well as any surface thoughts he may have planned for her on her arrival. Followed up with a quickened Invisability so she steps through invisable. Once she is through she will use Charm Monster (DC28) to try and gain an upper hand before she is discovered.


As the air in the very centre of the circles shimmers nothing appears.

Off to the far side of the circles which remain empty appears a alluringly beatiful Succubus who does not hesitate to unleash her own abilities attempting to put the lich under her control.

Greyen
2007-12-22, 06:10 PM
He has not said your name 3 times to activte the temptation ability
As the invisibility set in a wave of magics washes over the ring glittering dust explodes in the ring covering everything, but stopping just short of the golems' feet. Simulteneously another wave of glitering dust covers the golems and the lich. The lich glares at Waetir for a moment then turns his attention back to the pit.


Glitterdust - Will save or be blinded
I know of all of you're tricks. That is one of the reasons I summoned you. The lich turns and looks at the rest of the group of his "slaves" Interfere no further, that is a command.

He then looks down into the pit Sieze her

The 3 Iron golems reach forward to grab Silf. They move blindly groping the air for her. The first two make contact and grab her, the third is unable to find her.


Golem 1
to hit [roll0] touch
Grapple [roll1] Attempting to pin

Golem 2
to hit [roll2] touch
Grapple [roll3] Attempting to pin

Golem 3
to hit [roll4] touch
Grapple [roll5] Attempting to pin

Timaoh
2007-12-23, 09:43 AM
I thought that speaking the name of the summoned 3 times was part of a summoning ritual... although i could be mistaken.

Silf tries to slip out of the massive arms of her would-be captors.
[roll0]
If i am invisible then i believe i have concealment 50% miss chance on those grapples.

If i am already grappled i will use escape artist, otherwise i shall oppose the grapple.
[roll1] -or- [roll2]

Also what size are these golems?


Silf struggles to resist her captors as their arms enclose her almost completely. She swallows a few choice curses and instead panting heavily demands to know what is goind on. "Who are you and why do interupt me when i had important business to attend to? This is a fun game that i have played many times before but not without warning and even greater recompense for my troubles. If you wish an audience with me to descuss my 'services'..." The last word slips from her mouth playfully as she runs her tongue playfully along darkened lips, which seems as sinful as every other visible part being held tightly by the iron golem. "We could have discused terms in a more... " again she smiles and pouts momentarily. "suitable setting. One befitting your clearly perverse tastes and even greater power."

Handle Animal - (1d20+14)[24] Does that work on a lich? hehe
Bluff - (1d20+24)[25] These words are not her first choice.
Diplomacy - (1d20+26)[35] I have yet to meet a lich who didnt have an ego the size of his phylactry or a phylactry the size of... well... let's not go there.

Greyen
2007-12-23, 10:38 AM
Attempting to shake some of the glitter off the lich says after firing another nasty glare at Waetir I do not require your servitude for that sort of thing, slave. The lich says disdainfully. He pulls a heavy black silk bag from his belt and says Servant! A small swirl of magic (for those who can see it) and an unseen servant appears at his side. Take this, and place it over her head. The bag billows open and floats down into the pit.

Hold her head still along with the rest of her. The glitter covered golems shift their grip slightly, one of the grips the succubus by the back of her neck and points her face to the floor holding her still. The bag floats down into the pit a slides over the helpless demon's head, blotting out her vision.

The lich then floats down into the pit. You see, I forgot what lust was more than 500 years ago. My only lust now is to be freed from my prison. He takes another silvery ring and pulls it out into a hoop. After touching it to the black ring he fits it over her head. Move your hand Three He commands teh golem holding her neck. The golem takes his hand away and the hoop fals completely over her neck.

As the weight hits your shoulders you can feel the hoop tighten cutting off your airway for a moment before the feeling of it burning into your neck and then into your very core.


Will save vs the binding effect please

You can feel the ring, and the other three souls now bound to it.
Release her. He lift the bag off of her head and says Come with me As he floats out of the pit he heads toward the entryweay of the room All of you.

Greyen
2007-12-23, 10:49 AM
As you all feel the 4th being bound into the ring, you all realize that the ring can bind no more creatures. You all also feel a shudder through the binding, something is not right.

-Everyone make me a Fort Save.

Lochar
2007-12-23, 11:21 AM
Fort: [roll0]

Timaoh
2007-12-23, 11:42 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]

I wonder if i can make my rolls pink...

Greyen
2007-12-23, 01:23 PM
The lich leads you all out of the door into the workshop. He looks around momentarily scowling. He then turns to the left through the door that the other two have not entered. He leads you all down a short hallway to a T intersection where he turns left to another door. This door way leads to another large square chamber.

This one is dominated by a large circular pool of some silverry translucent liquid (only and inch or two deep) about 20 feet in diameter. A large map dominates the wall you see upon entering The landscape is unfamiliar to you.

The lich walks to the edge of the pool and wait for the rest of you to catch up.

You all can feel the tug of the ring.

Lochar
2007-12-23, 01:58 PM
Waetir is wobbly in the air for a moment as he follows the tug of the ring, Dimension Dooring after it. "Something is not right with that ring, if it sickens us now. We must break it's bindings soon, else we end up stuck in this corrupted plane while our 'master' leaves." he sends to the others bound to the ring, leaving the lich out.

Moral Wiz
2007-12-23, 02:40 PM
V

After they arrive, the yugoloth sends a message by telepathy. (wincing at the sickness) to all but the lich.

You're right Waetir. Anyone? I've got nothing to help with, and his spell hit me hard.

He then comunicates to each indervidually (except Waetir)

Who are you?

Timaoh
2007-12-23, 02:42 PM
Silf follows indignantly wiping the spittle from her mouth with the back of her hand. The time for grace and manners past, she stalks after the lich and tries to regain her compossure as she continues to vomit intermittently along the way. Still uneasy with the role of a captive she tries to examine her companions and seeming allies... (no... tools. Never allies... never again!) she thinks to herself as her stomach turns and she steal glances at the others and her surroundings her head swimming with the effort.

"So what is it we are supposed to do exactly? Mr...uhh... bones? I'm always up for a little dominance and role reversal but without any idea of your normal roll im unsure what part i should play. The whimpering simpleton? or perhaps the befuddled lich is more your style? In any case you clearly brought me here against my will for a reason. So what is it?" Silf's tirade is spoiled only by the look of nausea on her face and her pale complexion after vomiting back in the hall.

Moral Wiz
2007-12-23, 02:57 PM
V

The yugoloth looks arround as the others begin to converse. And what he sees makes his stomach crawl. He taps the lich on the sholder very quickly.

Master, I don't know if you reallise it, but this needs to be quick.

Irrespective on any objections from the lich, he carries on

The energy you used to bind us comes from the plane itself, correct? But in binding us all, you've upset the magic holding this plane together. The whole thing is on the verge of collapse. I don't know what that'd mean exactly, but it'd probably doom both you and us.

Greyen
2007-12-23, 03:19 PM
Silence! Impertinent slave, do you think that I do not know what I am doing? He spins and points to the wall map. Do you see the red dot on that map. That is the location of this prison on the prime. IN the far north western corner there is a mountain. He points to it.
-OOC i will mark it on the map later

You four will go and retrieve my phylactry from the vault that I made for it over a thousand years ago. I need it to free myself from this place. With that I will then free you.

As he finishes his sentence a ripple crosses the pool.

The ground shakes, and his head snaps up. What!? What is going on? He looks around, an insane glint in his eyes.

CRACK! The ceiling in the far wall cracks and begins to fall in. Behind it you can see a shimmering field of energy closing in on the room. The energy field is both crushing and disintegrating the walls as it collapses. Those of you who have been outside recognize it as the boundy of the miniplane.

NoOOooo!!! It is too soon!! The lich begins to chant and hurl magic energies at the slowly oncoming wall to no avail, all but having forgotten about you four.

Moral Wiz
2007-12-23, 03:30 PM
V

By the Baerns!

V starts looking round the room, for any potential way out.

Moral Wiz
2007-12-23, 03:44 PM
V

The doors still intact, we can get out yet. Come on. Follow me and Waetir.
V starts running out of the room, checking behind him to see if the others are following.

Timaoh
2007-12-23, 04:02 PM
Silf looks towards V and then decides she will be better off with them than on her own for the time being. "Very well. Lead the way."

Moral Wiz
2007-12-23, 04:12 PM
V

Pleasure to meet you, Miss?

V dosn't turn arround to do talk. He directs people to the doors, then stops.

We need to go about 5 ft beyond these. I can manage that, so can Waetir. If any of you can't, we can take 1 each. The portal out should be on the other side.

Upon saying, V waits to see if anyone voulenteers their inability to teleport short distances.

If anyone wanted a refresher on V's apperance...

V at first glance to be a humanoid. A tad tall in stature; prehaps an elf, in some simple green garment. But a second look gave quite clearly the thousands of lies in that statement.

The new arrival's face seemed almost flat. His skin seemed almost cracked in places, the cracks showing the red of lava, and he had slits for eyes, a minisucle nose, and a slit of a mouth. His head was devoid of hair. His garment shifted for a moment, and a pair of jet black birds wings, with an impressive span rose to either side of him.

Lochar
2007-12-23, 05:05 PM
Waetir

"The ring you idiots! We're bound to the ring and this plane! Get that first!" Waetir sends to the others as he rides along on V's shoulder.

"I can teleport us around this place at will. We need to get the ring from the lich, else we collapse with this demi-plane. Our essences were bound to this plane, not our homes!

Moral Wiz
2007-12-23, 08:10 PM
V

Do you want to try and get the ring off that guy?

I'm prety sure the thing won't tie us down that bad. "Mr Bones" wanted us to leave, after all, and I didn't spot any such links being formed by the ring. We probably just had

Timaoh
2007-12-23, 08:57 PM
Silf thinks for a moment tapping a slender manicured finger with long laquered nails against pursed lips. "I'm still uncertain as to why the lich would bring us here endangering both us and himself if he saw us as his salvation. I believe it was his intention to send us after his phylactry in order to restore some of his lost power perhaps... or for another unknown purpose. It souded as though he wanted us to leave but not freely. I believe he bound us to himself and inadvertantly to this plane. While that poses a problem i do not see how it provides us with any more options than we currently have. We must do his bidding for now at least and try to find his phylactry... and a means of escape." Finishing her short speech she looks at the others and then continues. "I have no means of travelling past this door. If you would be so kind?" She leans in close to V gently tracing her hands down his form purring at the closeness.

Lochar
2007-12-23, 08:59 PM
Waetir

Waetir sends to everyone. "Touch V, and I will get us through it."

Once everyone has done so, Waetir dimension doors the group through.

Timaoh
2007-12-23, 09:19 PM
Silf proceeds to touch V in ever more inappropriate places...

Greyen
2007-12-24, 12:41 AM
From before-

Diminsion dooring 5 feet forward, you see that you are on the other side of the door. You are outside, or what could be called outside on this tiny demi-plane. You can clearly see the boundry of the place for a dark shimmering wall of pure magic holds up the edge of this world. Looking around the featureless area you can see that the you have just stepped out of a black stone cube maybe 150 feet on a side. The ground is of the same black marble.

Looking upward you can see that the boundry actually marks a large dome shape. The corners of the top of the cube have been destroyed by what you assume to be the shrinking boundry of the demi-plane for they are gone where the stone interects with the boundry.

The most interesting object is what looks like an ancient stone gateway made of 3 huge slabs of rock. These stones are carved of granite and covered with symbols. The gatewayintersects the boundry wall like a doorway. Swirling multicolored energies stretch across the gateway, sparking and spitting. The Gate way is 50 feet directly in front of the door.

If you approach the gate you can see through the energies, into a darkened stone chamber.

Now-
The boundry energies are almost imperceptably shrinking in. Collapsing like a soap bubble around the hoop a child makes them with, with the Gate as the hoop.
For those that have been outside before, the boundry has visibly shrunk.

The boundry has destroye much of the top and rear portions of the stone edifice that you all have just exited. And continues its unstoppable compression of the block of black stone.

Timaoh
2007-12-24, 01:02 AM
Silf steps forward to examine the archway. "Do any of you need to say farewell to our host or are we all of the same mind that expediency would be most prudent? I shall lead if none of you want to take point however i believe i am not the most suited to the task."

Silf appraises the others and what she knows of their kind and the abilities they have revealed to her. Knowing little about them she waits for another to step forward and take the lead ready to follow them through the portal.

Moral Wiz
2007-12-24, 06:41 AM
V

V winced, ever so slightly, at the demoness' mistimed manner Now is not the time, he sends to her, with a slight undercurrent of humor at her actions.

Once the two others were touching him, V dimenson doors through the door himself, before Waetir can manage it, smiling slightly

Once they arrive at the gate, V stops for a moment, looking back briefly. frowning slightly. Then, he returns to the others.

We have a... rather bad problem. Still, we need to get off this plane right now. I'll take point.

So saying, V strides through the gate, some of the self confidance that marked the yugoloths returned to him.

Lochar
2007-12-24, 07:23 AM
Waetir

Waetir, still riding on V, takes care to hide himself on the yugoloth when they pass through the portal.

Taking 10 to hide on V, giving me a 51 Hide total

Timaoh
2007-12-24, 08:45 AM
Silf follows behind smiling an amused smile and prepared for the worst on the other side of the portal. Taking cue from the others she renders herself invisible, not her favourite tactic as noone could then enjoy gazing upon her. It left her feeling naked, being invisible, which was odd considering she always enjoyed being naked... still musing about the effect of a simple illusion on her pshyche Silf steps through.

elkhantar
2007-12-24, 09:15 AM
Kayrne follows the others and uses her dimensional door power to get through the door, looking awkwardly at the newcome intimating with V. I guess that's the exit she transmits telepathically to the small drop of water. Then let's go through before the whole plane collapses on us. she adds, troubled by the clear unstability of their current location

hey, I'm a bit short of time right now, but I'll post more in brief

Greyen
2007-12-24, 09:52 AM
As you all step through a coolness and release of pressure washes over you. There is a slight salt tang in the air as you look around. The gate is set into the wall of a medium sized square room. The finely crafted stone walls are damp with humidity. Lichen and moss are prolific on the walls. Across the room is a stone staircase leading upwards. The room is dark having no illumination of its own.

You all can feel the slightest tug of the ring from inside the portal but it is of no consequence.

Glancing back through the gate you all see the stone edifice begin being crushed. Like watching a train wreck in action, you watch it get crushed in on itself. The edges of the demiplane are clearly shrinking at an increaseing rate. Fire erupts out of the front doors, blowing them off their hinges into the open area and washing out your vision and illuminating the stone chamber you stand in for a moment. The lich comes flying from the fire burning and mostly destroyed, his face is contorted in a rictus of pain and fear. It is obvious that he is screaming something but you cannot hear anything through the portal.

He flies up portal and smashes into it, he cannot pass the gate. Those spells hold. You can see behind him the very air ignites as the pressure increases, the boundry compressing the contents of the demiplane. A flood wave of molten stone washes up onto the lich from behind, you can see large pieces of armor and tools mixed into the molten morass as it washes against the portal.

The portal goes dark, and you all can feel a release of power through the binding.

A few moments later the portal clears and you can see smoke and mist through the portal. Through the haze you can see a large dark thing about 10 feet inside the portal, it does not move. You can see the far edge of the demiplane, it has shrunken to only about 30 feet across.

Moral Wiz
2007-12-24, 05:49 PM
V

The Yugoloth looks back at the demiplane with a slightly wistfull glance. Having spent melenia in the tower of arcanaloths, he knows the value of knowledge atop mere arcana. This vanished as the Lich appeared. As the prime crashed against the gate, V mockingly offered a clawed hand to him, the classic geture of Yugoloths to their victims.

He then looked arround the old room, rather intruiged. Then he turned to the others that stood arround him, speaking lloud.

Well, that was satisfying, but as I think you can feel, we still have a problem. But first, formal introductions should probably be in order. I prefer the name V, but as a token of respect, that comes from Vatakrai, a part of my true name. I serve as a guardian in the Tower of Arcanaloths

Timaoh
2007-12-28, 11:02 AM
Silf moves about the room aimlessly clearly bored.

She sighs before offering. "Some have called me 'Silf' and while i will answer to many names that is the one i prefer. I can be quite persuasive in most situations as i find that to be the most enjoyable aspect of my 'talents'" She takes the time to draw out the word and winks at V forgetting completely that she is invisible, her less than subtle nuances none-the-less carries its full implication in her voice. "One name is as good as any other. What do you all propose we do now? I have no real wish to remain here do any of you think you could get us back to our respective planes? I know i for one would be... very, very, greatful." She says in a husky voice not even hiding the apparent implications.

Timaoh
2007-12-29, 10:24 AM
After waiting for a while and getting no imediate responses from the others Silf decides that finding something or someone to do would be a much more practical use of her time. With a final glance at her companions she moves towards the exit to begin exploring the room and possibly any corridors beyond...

Greyen
2007-12-29, 10:36 AM
The stone stair case is very simple and plain in design. The smell of water and salt hangs in the air. The stair case extends upward about 15 feet before turning to the right. Still proceeding upward it again turns to the right aftter another 15 feet, this pattern continues for several revolutions before coming to a heavy stone slab. You can hear the sound of the waves on a beach beyond the slab. Sunlight peeks in through the edge of the doorway.

Lochar
2007-12-29, 09:49 PM
Waetir follows Silf up, and hearing water beyond, immediately darts through the crack to see what is on the other side.

Taking 10 on hide, total of 51 and then looking around.

Timaoh
2007-12-30, 12:17 AM
Does Silf still sense no intelligent thought? O.o

What does water think anyway?


Silf stands waiting for the mischeivous water to return and amuses herself with eavesdropping on his thoughts. (unless he resists she has no desire to be forceful)

Greyen
2007-12-30, 02:12 AM
@Silf

Make an SR check first, then ask him for a save...You guys can handle that, I hope. :smallamused:

@Waetir

As you squeeze through the crack you feel the fresh salty tang of sea water, waves and clean air. You are on a tiny little island thta is more sand than anything else. You have just left a square stone structure that is at the center of the island. The high water line is 20 feet away, with the waves lapping at the beach another 15 feet beyond that. Reddish yellow crabs scuttle along picking bits off the sand.

The clear blue water extends out for about 50 feet before beginning to darken with depth. A ring of rocks and coral surrounds the island at about 100 feet from shore. Beyond that is deep water.

The air above the coral is foggy, magically so. To fog does not move much byond a few whisps that drag out in the breeze. The fog stands about 40 feet high off the top of the water. Above that is the clear blue sky and blazing sun of the prime.

The island is irregularly shaped (map up soon). A single palm tree stands at the rear corner of the building you hvae just left. The is little other vegatation, a few ferns and some moss. An albatross gliding across the wave tops is the largest moving thing you see.

Lochar
2007-12-31, 11:01 AM
Waetir

"Water! Although, it's not the plane. Looks clear out here. Sunny skies, and a clear ocean. Come on out."

Timaoh
2007-12-31, 11:07 AM
Silf sensing Waetir's amusement quietly whispers to him through the crack. "What is it that you see?" Silf asks pressing her face against the cold stone brushing her lips against it as she talks as though it were the ear of one of her numerous lovers. "Is there any way you could carry me past this stone so that we might explore together?" She continues pressing up against the stone feeling it's coolness leeching into her skin where it is in contact with the wall.

Lochar
2007-12-31, 11:21 AM
Waetir

"Your strange, you know that?" Waetir sends to Silf, before sending to them all. "Come on, come on! It's water!"

Waetir dimension doors back to Silf and then Ddoors her back through.

Unless your an elemental, at level 5 you know you got teleportation for free, right? Not that Waetir knows it, but...

Timaoh
2007-12-31, 12:28 PM
With nothing to say to Waetir, or against the truth. Silf shrugs and lets the water come into contact with her and carry her to the other side. With a wry smirk she offers an observation. "You know, i never really thought i would 'ride water' to any destination, much less through a stone slab... It's a pitty it ended so quickly. I imagine i could have enjoyed myself." Her curiosity piqued by her new surroundings Silf begins to look around taking in the scenery and changing her clothing from that of lingerie suitable for a bedchamber into something even more scandalous and reavealing. Something more tight, revealing, and perfect for playing in the sand and running down the beach. (cue baywatch music Silf's goin' jogging.)

Greyen
2007-12-31, 01:19 PM
As you leave the small stone enclosure, you smell the fresh salty tang of sea water, waves and clean air. You are on a tiny little island that is more sand than anything else. You have just left a square stone structure that is at the center of the island. The high water line is 20 feet away, with the waves lapping at the beach another 15 feet beyond that. Reddish yellow crabs scuttle along picking bits off the sand.

The clear blue water extends out for about 50 feet before beginning to darken with depth. A ring of rocks and coral surrounds the island at about 100 feet from shore. Beyond that is deep water.

The air above the coral is foggy, magically so. To fog does not move much byond a few whisps that drag out in the breeze. The fog stands about 40 feet high off the top of the water. Above that is the clear blue sky and blazing sun of the prime.

The island is irregularly shaped (map here (http://www.photodump.com/eichmanc/Island.html)). A single palm tree stands at the rear corner of the building you hvae just left. The is little other vegatation, a few ferns and some moss. An albatross gliding across the wave tops is the largest moving thing you see.

The crabs scuttle out of your way if you approach, or go running around the small island.

Timaoh
2008-01-04, 10:15 AM
Silf soon tires of running about the beach after discovering how small the island is. She returns to the opening to await the others. After waiting a few moments her stomach growls and she realises that she is hungry and without the means of preparing a meal. She sits by the entrance to the island and draws in the sand with a shell, or driftwood close at hand. More to keep busy than any other reason as she is hardly a gifted artist. At least in terms of her drawing skills. She is gifted with other talents and she smiles to herself as she tries to outline a femanine form in the sand between her feet.

Greyen
2008-01-05, 07:30 AM
As the two of you explore the pleasant but tiny island you notice that the gull seems to watch you as it slips through the air and skims the waves.

As Silf begins to draw in the sand it drops down across from her on the sand and watches her draw for a moment. It speaks in a high pitched barely understandable voice in common What are you drawing?

Timaoh
2008-01-05, 02:11 PM
Silf without even glancing up at the creature sighs and answers "Tori" without even realising who she is speaking too she is so lost in her own daydreams and dark desires.

Moral Wiz
2008-01-05, 02:13 PM
V

V moves himself outside, through his own power. He is imobile for a moment, then starts talking

Hmm. Do you know, I've never seen an island before? Come to think of it, this is the first time I've seen a sea. Well well. Regardless, our Prime certianly had good taste in hidaways. A most excelent place, and I'll hazard, quite secure. We are on a Prime world, correct? Almost certianly his.

He stares out into the mist for a moment. Then he follows Sif down to the beach. As he arrives though, so does the Gull. V looks suprised at that, but as the creature is adressing Sif, he makes no comment yet.

Greyen
2008-01-05, 02:15 PM
The gull ***** its head and looks at V and Silf. It speaks again What is a Tori?

Greyen
2008-01-05, 02:17 PM
The gull tilts its head and looks at V and Silf. It speaks again What is a Tori?


-OOC The profanity filter is funny. I can't use the word that is synonimous with tilt and is another name for a rooster.

Moral Wiz
2008-01-05, 02:21 PM
V

At Sif's reply, V chimes in (as now, it is polite to do so.) As much out of reflex as concious thought, V's features shift into a mortal form, a young human, about 18, with black hair. He still wore the same clothes though. He replies in common.

Pardon me, but could you kindly tell us where we are? I fear, we are somewhat lost.

The gull pobably saw V before hand, but V'll change shape anyway, out of habit.

Timaoh
2008-01-05, 02:33 PM
"What's a Tori?" Silf seems confused and her confusion helps her recover herself and look around to find V and... a some sort of fowl regarding her curriously... "Excuse mr. uhhh... bird...that is a bit of a private matter." Silf blushes as she says this which is competely out of character for her and her kind. She seems to quickly regain her composure once again arranging her features into an unreadable mask that belies the turmoil and emotions she had momentarily displayed just a short time ago while drawing.

Greyen
2008-01-05, 03:12 PM
The bird looks at V On an island, my island. You should know that as you came from his prison. Why are you here?

Moral Wiz
2008-01-05, 03:30 PM
V

Good question friend. To start with, the "Him" you mentioned... I take it that he is a certian ever so slightly arrogant spell slinger with not much to show in the way of signs of life. Correct?

V transmits to Silf, and anyone else who may have heard the bird by telepaty whirlst talking.

Will the truth do? Or shall I embroider a little?

Greyen
2008-01-05, 05:58 PM
The gull replies His name was Savantir and you have emerged from the doorway into his prison. Did he summon you for some foul work?

Moral Wiz
2008-01-06, 03:12 AM
V

Seeing as how the gull seemed to know what it was talking about, V decided on the standerd aproach; Carefully selective honesty.

He tried to. But he was ... somewhat impolite. He insisted on trying to bind us uterly, and making slaves of us, rather than risk any chance of our disobediance. Fortunatly, he was as arrogant and overconfidant as he was powerful, and his little plan backfired. Rather badly in fact.

The young "human" laughed, ever so slightly, at the memory.

My turn for a question. Infact, I'll ask two, but they are all but the same. Who are you? What are you? Somehow, I cannot help but doubt this to be your only form.

Greyen
2008-01-06, 04:11 AM
The gull seems to consider things a moment before continuing You can call me Jacinth, or Jax. I am the guardian of the isle, as my mother before me.

How did you escape the gateway?

Moral Wiz
2008-01-06, 04:19 AM
V

Call me V, Jax

Well, as I say, this Savantir had planed to send us here anyway; he set no restrictions on us. And he himself was... somewhat distracted at the time. He couldn't stop our escape. I... can't say for sure if he survived or not.

The young boy grinned at the gull.

My turn once more, Jax. What world is this? I take it we are on the Prime, correct?

Greyen
2008-01-06, 04:59 AM
Jacinth the gull waddles off a little ways and leaps into the air taking flight. He swoops around for a moment before saying Yes, the Prime as it can be called. One of its many incarnations. What do you plan to do now?

Moral Wiz
2008-01-06, 06:40 AM
V

A good question, Jax. I confess myself without a plan yet. My question, Have you advice for a group of weary planer travelers?

At this time, V sends everyone (apart from Jax)

Well, this is as good a time as any to breach the subject. What shall we do? I think that this annoying binding spell left us perminantly bound to that demi-plane. That means, that from now untill we can undo his work, death will take us there. I don't like that idea. We'll probably need to find a way around that before we leave the prime.That will require strong magic, but powerful mages are generally easier to find here, and not usually affiliated with any meaningful larger group.

Any thoughts? As you may have guessed, I say we seek out civilisation, and try and find a mage of some description. Any other ideas would be welcome though; arcanists tend to create further problems.

Greyen
2008-01-06, 07:34 AM
Jacinth continues to soar above the island That all depends on your intentions. As long as you do not defile this place or attempt to free Savantir, I will not interfere with you.

Lochar
2008-01-06, 10:09 PM
Waetir

A short laugh comes to all of your minds as Waetir speaks telepathically. "I have no intentions of freeing him. I have a problem with someone binding me so strongly there, especially since I was actually willing to work with him if he'd quit trying to do so. Idiot brainless skeleton."

Timaoh
2008-01-07, 03:02 PM
"Aren't all skeletons brainless?" Silf quips into the mental conversation. "I think that finding some sort of civilised place to rest and perhaps hire some assistance might be a good place to start. The only question is where might we find one? Which direction should we head?"

Moral Wiz
2008-01-07, 03:13 PM
V

Indeed.

V's thoughts betray slight amusement. Very slight.

I agree with you, Silf. As to your question, that... would be one for Jax.

V responds to his comrads by telepathy, before speaking normally to the island's master.

Well, friend? What is this world like? Where would we go to find cities, and the mortals that flock through such places? In what direction, and how far?

Greyen
2008-01-07, 03:38 PM
The gull says as he wheels to face a new direction seeming to hover in the wind Go in the directionof the setting sun for three leagues, you will see a light house. There you will find people. He turns and skims the water, snapping up a small fish and swallowing it with a flip of his beak.

He lands in front of Silf and V, the bird's voice deepens and carries some menace in the tone saying If you tell anyone of this place I will hunt you down. With another hop he launches himself into the sky again gaining altitude but not leaving sight of you four.

Timaoh
2008-01-07, 04:27 PM
Silf looks to V with a mischievious light in her eye and proceeds to tell him about a wonderful magical island with a cave that holds a portal to a lich bound in another plane. Once she is done she looks at V and confesses. "I Never was fond of rules or people telling me what to do. After that lich ordering us around the last thing i am going to do is listen to a seagul giving me orders. I don't think it matters much as you already knew but not telling anyone would have been beyond my reach at the moment." With that she leans towards the cave and looking around for the others and asks if they are all ready to be on their way now that they have a direction in mind.

Silf carefully braids her hair using a stick to twist it then pin it in place. She stretches briefly and then you notice sharp talons piercing the flesh of her shoulder blades. She arches her back and then leans forward as wings errupt from her back. A dark reddish membrane that seems too thin to bear weight but also has a leathery texture as though it is covered in blood that has almost but not quite dried.
Silf pants heavily as she flexes her wings a few times. "Does that ever feel good." She exclaims breathily. "Nothing like a good stretch and a little bit of pain to get a girl worked up." She smiles at anyone who is willing to pay attention tracing a laquered nail resembling a small claw along the talon of one of her wings gathering a small drop of blood. She quickly puts the drop of blood on her tongue and with a small smile tastes it and purs to herself.

Moral Wiz
2008-01-07, 04:58 PM
V

V seems ammused at Silf's little act of mischief. A telepahich laugh comes to her along with the communication

Heh. I don't mind, but it might be good to keep the birdy happy. We don't know what he really is. Ever met a dragon, Silf?

V follows Silf back to the others, smiling slightly. He is still in human guise, and playfully ruffles his own black hair. He lays back on the sand for a bit, letting it get in his hair. He enjoys the sensation. From his position, he watches Silf's little "exercise" for a little, smiling, before turning to the others.

Once they are all ready, V smiles a crocadile grin, and starts a conversation.

So, how'll we travel? Do you fancy a sea flight? Or shall we teleport in that direction?

Greyen
2008-01-08, 10:49 AM
Evening begins to set in, you can all see the sun beginning to set. For those with some survival skills you know that the sun sets in the West on this world.

Jax the gull continues to float on the breeze, watching his domain.

elkhantar
2008-01-09, 08:56 AM
Kayrne seems to return to her senses as V speaks,although she still seems absent, terrified perhaps, by something the others cannot see.

The succubi exercises seem to amuse her, though, particularly when she sips her own blood.

I do not fear this parrot or its petty menaces she transmits her partners telepathically But I see no reason to stay in this island either, so let's fly the way the gull said she suggests, rattling her chains.

Moral Wiz
2008-01-10, 06:38 AM
V

Certianly, Miss...?

V waits for the demoness' name before continuing.

Greyen
2008-01-11, 03:17 AM
OOC- Keep talking, I'm just moving the story a long a little.

As you all leave the island you can clearly see the ring of fog that lays heavy around it. Gaining a little altitude and flying into the setting sun you can see that the waters are empty this far out from the mainland.

A few hours of flight later you can see a few sails on the horizon, white against the darkening sky.

As you come closer a shaft of light spears out and sweeps across the sea. Highlighting the ships and the location of the lighthouse Jax spoke of. The ivory finger of stone grows as you approach. You can see the sweeping light flashing in the distance before you can see the horizon darken with the sight of the land.

Fully dark now the sky is clear and the moon is at half. You can see the enormous ligthhouse, easily a hundred feet high and fifty wide at the base. A tall wall of white stone surrounds the structure much like a castle. You can see torches of guards walking the perimeter. There are cliffs on all sides of the lighthouse compound, which drop down to the sea on the East and sand on the Northwest. The stone jetty that it sits on is connected to the cliffs beyond by a simple heavy wood and rope bridge that you estimate could support a cart and 4 oxen.

The cliffs that rise on the far side of the lighthouse are topped with orchards, the fruit trees are heavy with apples, and pears. It must be the middle of the harvest season on the prime. Beyond the orchards you can see the smoke of a large city, lights of the city glittering in the warm clear night.

elkhantar
2008-01-11, 07:26 AM
The demoness stops a while to look at the yugoloth. After a few seconds she decides to reply, and with a trace of a smile in her usually painful face she transmits telepathically We all know the power of true names, so Kayrne. Or Pain. That's how you can call me, as you prefer. With that, she gains height and flies to the sea.

I guess we should fly quite high she adds. Humans tend to be scared of our appearance. She then pauses and looks at the others; well, humans tend to be scared of my appearance she rectifies, since she doubts Waetir will even be noticed and the other two can look human if so they want.

Timaoh
2008-01-11, 10:48 AM
Silf

"A dragon? Well that sounds simple too cute to even imagine. What does it do cuddle happles passers-by until they beg for mercy? Haha oh no lookout it's a fluffy dwagon." Silf amuses herself with making light of the dragon as she has no idea what one is. She then turns to reguard Pain and smiles. "I can turn you and the others invisible if you are afraid your appearance might cause problems once we get nearer to the land or we could just fly high enough to remain out of sight and send the cute little wet one in to gather some information." With that last Silf joins pain in the air and waits to see if the others require assistance to travel by air or if they can make their way by their own means.

Moral Wiz
2008-01-11, 11:29 AM
V

Smiling, V takes off. He replies to Silf, after they are in the air

Think along the lines of a mortal Balor. Only bigger, and likes to breath fire; insted of swing it arround.

Timaoh
2008-01-11, 12:45 PM
Silf

Smiling the kind of smile you would expect from a human child on the night before a harvest festival celebration Silf replies. "Bigger than a Balor eh? Now that is something i would LOVE to see. I know Balors and if they are that powerful than just as energetic than this plane might just be worth spending time on after all."

Still smiling a big grin Silf looks for Waetir and if he accepts offers to carry him for the duration of the flight. "Cute little water thingy, can't have him getting all sleepy weepy." She coos to the water droplet.

Lochar
2008-01-11, 01:13 PM
Waetir

A soft laugh ripples through Silf's mind. "I thank you for the offer of a ride, although I do not sleep."

elkhantar
2008-01-11, 01:27 PM
Kayrne

Enjoying the sensation of flight as she never did as a mortal, she looks backwards, pleased with the others following her. You certainly have a wide array of useful skills she says with a slight trace of envy in her voice. And yet you don't know of dragons... she adds, wondering what kind of planes has she visited before.

Timaoh
2008-01-11, 01:57 PM
Silf

Not insulted in the least by her comments Silf says. "Well usually i am summoned for more... shall we say, intimate demands. Therefore most of my knowledge is limited to such things as they can be related to my 'abilities'." With the last word Silf puffs out her ample chest nearly causing Waetir to tumble from his perch from within her bossom as she does so.

Moral Wiz
2008-01-11, 03:20 PM
OOC- Keep talking, I'm just moving the story a long a little.

As you all leave the island you can clearly see the ring of fog that lays heavy around it. Gaining a little altitude and flying into the setting sun you can see that the waters are empty this far out from the mainland.

A few hours of flight later you can see a few sails on the horizon, white against the darkening sky.

As you come closer a shaft of light spears out and sweeps across the sea. Highlighting the ships and the location of the lighthouse Jax spoke of. The ivory finger of stone grows as you approach. You can see the sweeping light flashing in the distance before you can see the horizon darken with the sight of the land.

Fully dark now the sky is clear and the moon is at half. You can see the enormous ligthhouse, easily a hundred feet high and fifty wide at the base. A tall wall of white stone surrounds the structure much like a castle. You can see torches of guards walking the perimeter. There are cliffs on all sides of the lighthouse compound, which drop down to the sea on the East and sand on the Northwest. The stone jetty that it sits on is connected to the cliffs beyond by a simple heavy wood and rope bridge that you estimate could support a cart and 4 oxen.

The cliffs that rise on the far side of the lighthouse are topped with orchards, the fruit trees are heavy with apples, and pears. It must be the middle of the harvest season on the prime. Beyond the orchards you can see the smoke of a large city, lights of the city glittering in the warm clear night.

V

At the sight of the lighhouse, and city, V whistles.

A nice view. Almost as good as the tower's. Let's see what the mortals on the ground are like.

With that, V drops down upon the Lighthouse' wall, right next to a conveniant guard.

Good morning. I was wondering, where exactly are we? I'm afraid I've gotten a little lost.

Lochar
2008-01-11, 03:24 PM
Waetir

Waetir laughs to himself and Dimension Doors near him, wanting to watch the reaction of the mortal. He doesn't think of attempting to exclude Silf, so she might end up drug along with him.

((Will save DC 24 to not be taken with him. If you do follow, you end up about 10' from V))

Greyen
2008-01-12, 03:40 AM
The heavily armored man turns and stumbles surprised to see a winged person landing next to him. As V speaks the man squints a little studying V for a moment.

He stumbles back and turns his halbard toward you screaming BEGONE foul beast! Evil such as your like is not welcome here!

-OOC Roll initiative!

Moral Wiz
2008-01-12, 04:30 AM
V

V blinks

Now that is simply rude. What have I done except ask you where we are? Is this how you greet weary travelers?

If you insist on a fight, all right. But I mearly wanted to know where this is. If you won't tell me, I'll leave in peace.

Greyen
2008-01-12, 06:13 AM
He looks at you for a moment, obviously stunned that you aren't trying to rip his soul out of something. He is obviously afraid of you as he says brandishing his halbard You are in the Ivory Lighthouse, seat of the Order of the White Sun. You are evil, and need to be destroyed! He shuffles forward ready to strike.

Moral Wiz
2008-01-12, 06:20 AM
V

See, was such simple politness hard? Thank you, whoever you are.

I'll leave you, and this lighthouse, after one more answer. What's that city over there?

Greyen
2008-01-12, 07:39 AM
That's Pigiron, now begone before I am forced to destroy you, demon! The guard seems to be gathering his nerve, his face scrunches up, and he breathes a calming breath steeling himself.

Moral Wiz
2008-01-12, 07:52 AM
V

Thank you, knight. However...

V shifts, very quickly into his normal form. The lava coloured cracks in his skin, the nearly featureless face, and oval head all showed him as somthing other than mortal.

I don't think you could manage that.

He shifts back, and a wizened elven noble smiles at the guard.

But as you were polite; more or less, I won't bother you or your order. Good day

With a bow, the elven noble (who also had wings) flew from the wall, seemingly ascending into the sky. He opens telepathy with Kayrne

Well, that was interesting. That place is some sort of order of Paladins, might be as well to avoid it. Oh, and the city is called Pigiron. Shall we pay it a visit?

Timaoh
2008-01-12, 01:03 PM
Silf

Flying back to the others Silf asks Waetir. "Would you mind warning me the next time you do that? Not that im not prepared for it but it would be easier for me to cast invisability than to use my ability to become invisible imediately as they are limited in duration and how often i may do so."

As they return to the others Silf asks. "I suggest we try a less obvious approach to dealing with the inhabitants of this world. Even though they are insignificant on their own it would not bode well for us if they gathered in large numbers. Not to mention the fact that you unwittingly gave them something very valuable in return for information that was not necessary. You took away our greatest asset, that of suprise and now that they know we are here that order of paladins may very well be a threat to us.

I suggest that we return and slay him immediately before he can raise an alarm or warn anyone that we are here. I will act alone if none of you will come with me however we must be swift, precise, quiet, and above all ruthless. If they know we are here they will surely seek us out i say we kill them now while we have the opportunity and the advantage."

With that Silf will return to the wall taking the time to render herself and any others invisable. Upon arriving near the sentry she will attempt to hold him with hold person (DC 28) and let her abilities do the rest. She will also be near enough that she can kiss him as soon as she casts hold person revealing herself.

Greyen
2008-01-12, 01:08 PM
Upon returning returning to the wall the sentry is no longer there. You are near enough to one of the towers that are evenly spaced along the wall to hear some kind of commotion going on inside. It sounds like a man yelling about "demons" and another man shouting something back.

Timaoh
2008-01-12, 01:12 PM
Silf

flying as quietly as possible she will try to determine how many are in the tower.

If there are 3 or less she will attempt to disable one with hold person and another by kissing him.

DC: 28 saves for both.

Moral Wiz
2008-01-12, 01:20 PM
V

Heh. Let'em search. They are mortals, and will shortly have a whole city to look through. And besides, they don't even know what they are looking for.

If you insist on going, I won't stop you. But I'll remain here. If they knew our number, that would be somthing to search for.

Timaoh
2008-01-12, 01:26 PM
"The fact that they are looking is reason enough. Not to mention that i do not want trouble and they may suspect any who are strangers because of what you have done. You may have single-handedly cursed us all." Silf hisses at him angrily waiting for only a few moments for the others if they are willing to come and leaving quickly if they are unwilling.

Edit: make pretty with colours.

Greyen
2008-01-12, 01:31 PM
The tower is made of the same white stone as the rest of the compound. There are arrow slits spaced along the outer wall and a heavy oaken door banded with iron closing off what is within from your sight.

As you approach you can here a man, other than the guard from before, yelling something. -OOC Make a listen check- From the number of voices you can tell that there are at least 3 people inside the tower, if not more.

Timaoh
2008-01-12, 01:43 PM
Silf

Trying to remain quiet and move to a slit in the tower to peer in to gain their number Silf smiles to herself at their passion. Yes. Passion is always good... She thinks to herself as she moves.

[roll0]
Spot - (1d20+2)[9]

Edit: Silly forum roller hates me.

Lochar
2008-01-12, 01:58 PM
Waetir

"Oh, oops. I'm used to no one being able to see me unless they specifically do, so I didn't even think about it."

Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Greyen
2008-01-12, 02:21 PM
Looking in through the arrow slit you can see a round room lit and heated by a large ornate iron brazier. Torches, the color of the flames tells you they are of the magical sort, line the room adding to the light. A rack of weapons hangs on the far wall next to the table around which the men are talking.

Sir, I told you there are demons out there. One of them flew down and spoke to me before flying off! I swear by the Light. The guardsmen you spoke to before gestures toward the door leading to the wall you are on. You can see he is a young man, barely an adult.

The olderman sitting at the desk fairly yells at the youthInitiate Raul, calm down this instant! If there were demons, why are you not dead? And more so why did you not call the alarm when you first saw them?

The young man known as Initiate Raul begins to stammer a reply obviously flustered when older man looks to the side of the room when two other guard lean against the wall. They were snickering at the youth's behavior. When they see the older man look at them they snap to attention as he says You two go with him and check it out. If you don't report back to me in 2 minutes, I will raise the alarm myself. he then looks at Raul If this is some sort of silly-bugger...

The two men Yessir simulteneously before marching toward the door with the Initiate leading the way.

Lochar
2008-01-12, 02:38 PM
Waetir

Poor boy. Waetir thinks to himself, before reaching out with his magic to sooth the obviously overwhelmed Initiate.

Calm emotions on him. DC 23 Will save or calm down. :P

elkhantar
2008-01-12, 02:44 PM
Men... doesn't matter human or elf, or even demon, they're all annoying sends Kayrne telepathically to Silf. Do you know how many are there? She inquires to the group. I wouldn't feel comfortable with a full order of paladins following us to that town, moreso when I'm not very keen with disguises she adds, only a tad annoyed with V.

We can leave now if we hurry, but If you can make me invisible, Silf, I can teleport myself inside there and shut them all for eternity. She offers, emphasizing the option she prefers more.

Greyen
2008-01-12, 02:51 PM
The door bangs open as the group of men come out tromping in heavy mail and carrying torches. The Initiate, now much calmer, says to the other two It was over here, that the thing landed and then flew off. He leads them to almost the same spot where V had landed.

The other two look around for a moment before one of them says evenly Well whatever it was its gone now.

The other paladin looks around one last time before turning to Initiate Raul saying Make sure you file a full report in the morning, Initiate You can hear the disdain he has the lowly guard.

Timaoh
2008-01-12, 03:01 PM
(OOC: consider yourself invisible Pain, as given the opportunity i would have cast it on you.)

Silf

Taking note of the senior officer being alone Silf will more in and confront him.

Starting combat...

[roll0]

DC 28 will save. Hold Person and move in next to him for the kiss after casting. Placing herself directly in front of the senior officer so that he has no choice but to meet her gaze. Hoping pain will be able to handle the others out on the wall or at least stop them from raising the alarm.

Greyen
2008-01-12, 03:09 PM
Ookay. Everyone else make initiative checks please.

Lochar
2008-01-12, 03:10 PM
Waetir

"That's not a very nice thing to do, Silf. You could have at least told us what you were doing."

Init: [roll0] If I roll init higher than Silf's, lower it to hers.

Waetir then casts calm emotion, attempting to catch any other guards in the area so they are not alarmed.

elkhantar
2008-01-13, 06:53 AM
Kayrne
Ok, I'll get the others, then transmits Kayrne telepathically as she crosses the space to the entrance of the room instantaneously. Trusting that Silf's spell will be enough to hide her presence she moves to the entrance of the lord's room, waiting for the two guards to appear.

Well, if able, Kayrne Ddoors to the entrance to the room and waits for the guards to arrive and attack them by surprise before they can see Silf doing whatever she wants to the old man. If the white stone prevents the dimensional door (hey, I don't know!) she'll hurry to try to catch them going down the stairs (with fly 60 it shouldn't be that hard to catch some armoured guys).
Initiative= [roll0]

Moral Wiz
2008-01-13, 07:29 AM
V

V flies down a bit; just enough to be in telepathic range if it becomes nessecary.

Greyen
2008-01-13, 07:43 AM
The old man's eyes get huge as Silf appears before him, surprising him. His body goes rigid as the spell takes hold. She is able to lock eyes with the Guard Captain quickly.

Waetir can feel his spell take hold of the humans, with the exception of one of the two guardsmen on the wall with Raul. Both senior guardsmen see Silf as she becomes visible. The one, (#3) shouts DEMON! Sound the Alarm! as he rushes into the tower. Straight itno Kayrne's waiting chains. -Make an AoO, he is flat footed against you and will run right into you -

Raul and #2 look at their brethren calmly before repeating Alarm. Just not as loudly or with as much fervor, more out of reflex than anything else. Raul then turns an dbegins to run off down the wall toward the next tower. The other looks around confused as to help or run.
Updated Map (http://www.photodump.com/eichmanc/Effin with the Order round 2_R-436.html)

elkhantar
2008-01-13, 11:01 AM
Kayrne
The demoness smiles with glee as the confused guard rushes right into her trap and lashes out with a chain. As she does, she becomes visible, but also seems to meld with the shadows of the tower.


attack:[roll0]
damage[roll1]
Yayyy! three dices, three ones!! This roller hates me :smallyuk:

Lochar
2008-01-13, 11:05 AM
Waetir

With Raul now out of range, Waetir quits concentrating on him, allowing the spell to fade on him. He keeps concentrating on #2.

Greyen
2008-01-13, 01:47 PM
I need Elkhantar's action for the round.

Greyen
2008-01-14, 04:15 AM
As the cry for alarm is carried and echoed through the compounds you all can here the clumping of heavy boots starting to move in your direction.

Silf turns her attention #3 catching him in her gaze, he pauses a moment and licks his lips as lust begins to distract him. As she moves over to him Pain lashes out with her chains pummeling him into a bloody mess.

Waetir holds #2 calming him. He looks around HEeey, demons. You shouldn't be here. He watches as his compatriot is killed Willy! You killed Willy. I should do something. At that he pulls a holy symbol in the shape of a sun from inside his baldric, it glows with brilliant white magical flames, and begins waiving above his head and yelling DEMONS! Knights to me!.

Initiate Raul makes it to the next tower on the wall, you all can hear him yelling about DEMONS! Attacking! you can hear the crash of metal on metal as more armored knights begin to react.

In the yard you can all hear the cry of alarm passing through the citadel. A few men can be seen carrying torches and pointing toward #2.

Updated Map Here (http://www.photodump.com/eichmanc/Effin with the Order round 3.html)

Moral Wiz
2008-01-14, 05:34 AM
V

You hear a telepathic message from V. He dosn't bother disguising his contempt.

A perfect example of how charging in never does any good. Before, the human would have been dismissed as a drunk. Now, he has proof. The paladins'll be out in force now; and they'll have stronger members here too.

I reccomend you get out of there. Not even you can take down all these guys.

elkhantar
2008-01-14, 06:34 AM
Kayrne

Rejoicing in the painful death of the guard, Kayrne's joy is only slightly tarnished by V's words. Sure, It's been almost as good of an idea as stopping to say hi... she replies, bitten. Can't we play just a little bit more? she inquires, half-joking, half-serious until she sees the guards gathering at the other tower.

If those go calling for more and more reinforcements we may end up in trouble, though. she adds, slightly worried. Let's take care of them! she suggests.

Moral Wiz
2008-01-14, 07:39 AM
V

Tempting; and later, you can with my blessing. But they#ve already sent for those re-enforcments; I can hear them; and we don't know how powerfull they are. We've only fought the Dretches up to now. And I fear we've got to put finding a mage first, to try and get rid of that damed spell.

Timaoh
2008-01-14, 10:21 AM
Silf

Moving over to her new pet, Silf ignores V for now. Taking the time to instruct her pet that he should repeat her name 3 times as a whisper so that noone can hear him once every hour. She leans in close pressing her flesh against him and whispers in his ear. "Silf is my name and if you do this for me then i will be very very grateful..." Letting the sentence trail off in a dramatic way to imply it's meaning she then instructs him that it would be best if he forget what he saw here tonight and what the other officers reported seeing. He should deny nothing and gathering whatever information he can as well as maps and supplies. Afterwards he should meet up with her in the city as soon after dawn as he can manage without raising suspicion. If he can secure money or anything of value that can be concealed, that would be helpful as well. If he is questioned about what happened to him he should reply that he was able to hold them off until the others escaped and raised the alarm.

Im not sure how many opposed charisma checks you would want for all of that but i will roll several so you can use them.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]


After giving her instructions Silf will cast invisability on herself and Pain if she hasnt retreated yet and join up with the others. "It would seem that they know we are here now 'V'." She says staring at him icily as she drops her invisability. Somehow she manages to see herself as blameless in causing half of an order of paladins to rally against a demonic invision. Choosing instead to blame V for his part.

Still pouting she turns to the others and says, "No matter that little captain will meet us in the city when he has the chance. In the meantime i can observe him and his actions. Let us make haste to this city and seek out refreshment and accomodations."

Lochar
2008-01-14, 10:27 AM
Waetir

Waetir's voice enters your mind once more. "Fabulous. Can we go now? I'm not into death and destruction like you all are. Get at least a thousand feet straight up, then I'll follow you all." None of you can miss the irritation in his voice.

Hiding near something: [roll0]
Holding until they're all gone, then blasting the place with a sculpted glitterdust. 4 10' cubes, DC 24 save or blinded. Eitherway, they're covered with the dust for 9 rounds. Then going to Ddoor straight up.

elkhantar
2008-01-14, 11:59 AM
Kayrne

Somewhat pleased by the pain she just dished out, somewhat saddened by the fact that she should stop now, Pain sends a simple Thanks telepathycally to Silf for the invisibility. She then just teleports straight up and flies the rest of the distance. Meanwhile she tells Waetir the same speech she always gave herself.

I'd rather call it dreserved retribution, little droplet, not just mindless destruction. It is them who attacked on sight, we just were more effective. Evil is relativeÖ it depends on where you are standing, pointing your indicting finger. Not that she truly believes her own words, having seen the abyss and evil incarnate... perhaps she did once, before an eternity of daemonhood.

She waits for the others to come before turning to more useful thoughts. Temptress, can you adopt the guise of those humans?

Moral Wiz
2008-01-14, 11:59 AM
V

Oh really?

V has already assended at this point, and looks down at Silf as he communicates with her..

They only knew when you charged recklessly down there. Before that from what I could see, they seemed to be ignoring that human who saw me. But let us leave that asside, and get to the city at last

Oh, and I for one can take mortal form easily.

Timaoh
2008-01-14, 02:03 PM
Silf

"As can I. I can also render those who wish to be undeteced invisible for limited periods of time. If we can find no other way to disguise them." She says completely forgetting the argument they had been having moments before. She decides they can argue later once there are things to be thrown and she can scream... oh how i love drama. She thinks to herself.

"Perhaps we should just teleport everyone to that city right now and pose as someone of importance? I wonder if there is a palace we can use for the time being..." Silf trails off caught now in her world of fantasy and intrigue in her mind.

Greyen
2008-01-14, 04:13 PM
Taking the time to instruct her pet that he should repeat her name 3 times as a whisper so that noone can hear him once every hour. She leans in close pressing her flesh against him and whispers in his ear. "Silf is my name and if you do this for me then i will be very very grateful..." The guard captain shudders imperceptibly, still held by the spell. Silf feels her Temptation snap to his mind as she flies off with the others.

As you all fly away you can see the compound looks as if someone kicked an anthill, one filled with fireflies. Torches, lanterns and magical lights turn the citadel into an even more beautiful sight from above.

As you approach the city from above you can see that it is mostly and industrial city, the acrid smoke from smelters and awful smell of coal fires burns you noses as you approach. The center of town is old mostly brick construction. With newer construction as you get further from the center. There is no wall or apparent palace here. A few larger buildings are noticable from the air, one of which you all recognize as a church of the same order as the paladins, Pelor the sun god is strong here. Wharehouses and markets line the main road through the city which runs almost parallel to the coast line.

elkhantar
2008-01-15, 03:26 AM
Kayrne

Pain uses her magical abilities to conceal herself from scrying and divination, and offers the same protection to the rest of the group if they so desire. I'm pretty sure there will be a few clerics asking the upper planes about our location she explains.

Casting nondetection on herself and any of the others who want
Then, Silf's words get her attention. I don't trust the demiplane will hold for too long, so we should hurry rather than indulge in mortal pleasures. she says, disagreeing with Silf. Nonetheless, Pain inhales the charred air coming from the city below, enjoying the acrid smell and searing heat.

That church surely will have a wealth of knowledge to draw upon she says, pointing to the church of Pelor But I'd rather look for an arcane caster than go in that foul temple she suggests. They tend to be less concerned with ethics or dogma

Lochar
2008-01-16, 11:49 AM
Waetir

Waetir declines the spells. "If you hadn't decided to just attack, it would be a lot easier for you all to talk to them. Let me go talk to those people in the temple."

Without waiting for a response, Waetir starts dimension dooring down into the town again, headed to the temple.

Once there, he looks for someone in charge and sends telepathically to only them. After hiding nearby. Hide: [roll0]"Hi! I was wondering. Do you know how someone would break a planar binding? I'd like to get home without any more trouble."

Greyen
2008-01-16, 02:34 PM
The temple is a majestic piece of architecture. Soaring buttreses, fornicated archways and pillars. Gleaming white stone everywhere. If anything this is a cathedral. Golden statues line the pulpit, the crystal dome catches the light of the half moon and shines it down upon the pulpit.

You are easily able to find a few boys in their early teens sweeping out the main chapel. they wear rough spun white woolen robes with a heavy gray wool belt. Tonsured, they obviously are not the sort you are looking for. They seem to be chatting about the day's sermon and complaining about their duties.

An elderly man walks the hallways keeping an eye on the young men, and singing softly to himself. Dressed in a finely woven white linen robe with a double bar of dark blue lining the robe, and a belt of silver sun coins quietly clinks as he proceeds through the hall ways. This may be someone who will know.

He twitches a little at the voice in his head. He then stops an peers around looking for the sourse of the voice. After a moment he stops and pulls a beautiful silver sun coin the size of his fist from within his robe and mutters some words, his eyes shimmer for a second as again he looks around. Again he cannot find you. He says This old man cannot see you, I know I am not going daft in my advanced years. Please show yourself to me so that I can look at whomever I am speaking too. I may be able to get you home but I cannot help you if you do not show yourself.

Lochar
2008-01-16, 02:48 PM
Waetir

Waetir stops hiding and attempts to hover in front of the old man, trying to catch his eye.

"Hi! You're nice. You don't immediately start attacking. Can you see me now?"

Greyen
2008-01-16, 03:16 PM
The old man takes a step back as you swim into his vision. He peer at you with a wrinkly squint for a moment before saying Hmmph. Well this is surely a new one. A telepathic drop of water, am I correct in assuming a water elemental of some form? Why would you need help to find your way home?

Lochar
2008-01-16, 03:27 PM
Waetir

"Yep, I come from the water plane. And like I said, I need to break a planar binding. A really wierd one, actually. Some idiot thing summoned me and then bound me to his little demi-plane so that I'd be forced to work for him. I'm not sure exactly how he managed it though. I usually just play the part of familiar to the mages, I'm not a mage myself." The old man gets the mental impression of a childish smile at the end of Waetir's little speech.

Greyen
2008-01-16, 03:44 PM
The old man smiles For one thing, slow down little one. Please. From what I understood you were summoned to somewhere. Did you say a demi-plane? I think the information you need is beyond simple ol' Will. I am not much learned in the ways of things higher than myself or the acolytes. I think you should return in the morning and speak with Rector Jozz. He will know. He reaches out as if to pat you on the head and then realizes what he is doing and pulls his hand back smiling sheepishly.

You can see genuine kindness written in the the old man's face, and you get the feeling that he is speaking the plain truth.

Lochar
2008-01-16, 04:08 PM
Waetir

"Hooray, thank you Mr. Will. Can I met this Rector person here tomorrow morning then?"

Greyen
2008-01-16, 04:28 PM
Yes little one. The Rector will around in the morning. I will leave a note for him to expect you. Look for a severe man with a single gold border on his robes. He fingers the border of his robe as hes says this. Is there anything else I can help you with this night?

Lochar
2008-01-16, 04:56 PM
Waetir

"Nope, thanks! You've been lots of help!" Waetir moves forward, touching the old man's head before releasing a burst of magic. He then backs away and Dimension Doors to the others.


"Hey, there might be someone in the morning that will talk to me about the binding thing in the temple. Not sure what the ethics and dogma thing you thought they would have was, but there was just a nice old man there! I'm supposed to meet with Rector, and hopefully he can help."

The spell is Cure Critical Wounds. It's Waetir's way of showing his happiness, is to soothe others.

elkhantar
2008-01-16, 07:10 PM
Kayrne

Yeah, sure, they all seem at one point or another. Until you met them in hell. And I've been there! She says, scornfully replying to little waetir's words.

I doubt they would have been so cooperative if I had descended in there besides you. she mutters telepathically if that is somehow possible. Nonetheless, I'm curious to see what help can they bring. she adds. When are you supposed to meet with Rector?

Lochar
2008-01-16, 07:21 PM
Waetir

"Never been there. And I told you, I'm supposed to meet him in the morning."

Moral Wiz
2008-01-17, 06:22 AM
V

Well, untill then, I'd better get to looking for an arcanist. Better safe than sorry.

V has taken his normal human form at this point, with a few minimal changes to the cloathing, to try and blend in. He uses his dimension door ability to appear in a back alley, and walks out of it confidently. He looks around, taking in his surroundings,keeping an eye out for paladins, or any kind of threat, and tries to locate any conveniant sources of infomation. If possible, he'll aim for a low class tavern, or any kind of mage's guild. Any buisness that seems to serve a mage guild will be a priority for investigation.

Disguise [roll0]
Spot (paladins, or active looking town guard [roll1]
Gather Infomation [roll2] Looking for a mages guild. If possible, inquieries into conjurers, abjurers or generally morraly flexable casters
Search[roll3]

Greyen
2008-01-18, 06:42 AM
V lands in an alley near the center of the city, in a promising looking area. Looking around the streets he can see that it is nearly deserted. The early hours of the morning before dawn most of the cities inhabitants are still asleep. the clatter of horse hooves on cobblestones can be heard a few streets away.

Looking up and down the street, V can see the flagstone paved street is relatively clean and well kept. The brick buildings that line th street are fairly close together and seem like a mixture of commercial and residential in nature.

A drunken man wobbles and weaves down the street from the north. He is obviously in his cups and sings softly to himself. He is very well muscled and scarred from what looks like years of heavy labor. He stumble to a doorway and fumbles with the latch for a moment before nearly falling into the building as the door opens. The light form the interiaor is bright and a shrill voice can be heard form the inside Mathias Dale Coe! What do you--- her words are cut off as she slams the door.

Again in the darkness V moves up the road the way the man had come from. Coming upon an intersection he looks to the left and sees the sign for a tavern hanging over the street several doors down. Light comes from the windows, and the door as a few more patron come stumbling out of the door. The sign shows an overflowing foamy tankard of ale(?) behind a n out line of a leaping green stag.

Moral Wiz
2008-01-18, 07:17 AM
V

Using the rolls from before?

V smiled at the passing drunk

One more absurd and mortal habit

He walks along the street, and strolls comfterbly into the tavern, with a confidance that did not quite ring with his apparent age. He looks around, taking in the interior and the patrons, before walking up to an interesting looking patron Interesting may not equate to agreeable. Just someone who stands out

Hello. I don't supose you could guide me to a mage? I fear I have just arrived in town, and have some buisness that requires arcana.

Greyen
2008-01-18, 07:31 AM
The disguise, spot and search yes. Gather info will happen below. It is the early hours of the morning at this point so you success may be limited.

The tavern is a fairly clean if rough establishment. The floor is covered with rushed that are mostly clean, the smell of stale beer and sweat mixes withthat of the wood fire in the hearth off to the side. Several tables with wooden stools and chairs are being wiped and cleaned by a pretty if rundown barmaid. This looks to be a low to middle class working mans establishment.

The bar dominates the back wall, large casks of ale are lined up behind the bar. A few iron chandeliers with candles light the main area. The barman, a stout looking human is currently picking up a drunken man who has apparntly passed out saying Come on Wallace, time to go home ya old drunk. The three humans are the only people left in the room. The barmaid and the barman look up at V as he comes in. The barmaid says to him tiredly We're closed honey. Just cleaning up.

The barman straightens up leaving the drunk passed out in his chair. I'll tell you what son, you help me get ol Wallace here home and I'll give you the name of the only reputable mage I know. And directions to the Mages Guildhall here in town. How's that sound?

Moral Wiz
2008-01-18, 07:37 AM
V

A good reputation might be usefull

Certianly. Where does he live?

After being given hopefully usefull directions, V turns to the drunk

Come on friend.

If nessecary, he'll hit Wallace over the head, lightly, just to get him concious. Then he'll try and escort the drunk home.

Greyen
2008-01-18, 08:00 AM
-OOC if you want to intterupt this process at any point let me know.

The barman brightens and says to the barmaid See Gertie, there are good people left in the world. Smiling he turns to V and says Just help me carry him, he won't wake up at this point. I could break his ribs and he wouldn't notice. He grabs one arm and points V to the other arm.

Once they get him up he says His shop is just around the corner a block or two. We'll head there and drop him off.

The wizened old man is surprisingly heavy for one so skinny, especially as he is relatively dead weight. He smells of stale beer and sweat. With the tow of you walking you both easily carry him oput of the tavwern and around the corner. The barman is relatively quiet as hauls the old man with V's help.

As you round the corner you can see a sign board with a pointy hat, some stars and a wand crossing the front. The sign over the door says Wallace's Wizardly Works as you approach the door you hear it clcik itself unlocked. A raucous voice from within says Rawk! Drunk again!
The barman reaches out and opens the door of a dusty old shop filled with books and trinkets of all sorts. On a chest high T bar next to the small counter stands a raven that calls out Rawk, just leave him on the floor! Serve him right! Rawk! The Barman gently lowers Wallace to the floor and heads back outside, waiting for V to follow where he closes the door, it clicks locked again as the door shuts.

The barman turns to V Since he's the only wizard I know, he might be able to help you with your problem. And the Wizards Guild is over on Fleet Street right near the town hall. Can't miss it, just look for the pink stone building.

Moral Wiz
2008-01-18, 09:08 AM
V

V bows

Thank you. And as Wallace here seems.... incapacitated for the moment; I think the guild will be a better idea for the moment.
He then mooves to exit the curio shop.

Just shows you. Threaten them, use force, and they are useful right now. But persuade them, convince them, and they are in your pocket for a long time indeed..

V then sets off for the guild... and then stops a moment

Actually... might be as well to get some currency; mortals are festidious about that sort of thing

So saying, V turns arround, and heads off, starting to look for the seediest part of the city, the place in which he is most likely to find any underworld lowlifes who might try to rob him.

Greyen
2008-01-18, 09:18 AM
Looking around the area that V is in he can see that the area he is looking for is not far off. V heads down the street passing several turns toward what looks like the seedier part of town.

Walking along he can hear the clip-clop of hooves getting closer, it sounds like 2 horses moving at a walk along the street behind him. Oi, boy. What are you doing out after curfew? V hears come from behind him.

Timaoh
2008-01-18, 09:38 AM
Silf

Having a little bit of fun with the paladins kept her entertained for a little while but now that excitement had faded from her mind. Looking over at the one remaining member of her party Silf asks. "What do you feel like doing? We could find a nice place to wait for the others cause i have no idea how long they are going to take. I could go for a little excitement right about now but i think it's the wrong time of day for the kind of ideas i have in mind. Still i guess we could at least go down and try to find a way to disguise you or something to do."

Without waiting for an answer from Pain Silf is going to teleport down to the city somewhere out of the way and look for a mage shop. Asuming the guise of a young human girl, about the age of 17 or so, possibly a woman by the towns standards. Silf will begin looking around for signs or anyone she can talk with about the whereabouts of a mage shop.

Moral Wiz
2008-01-18, 01:22 PM
V

V is still for a moment; as he rather delicately reshuffles his face, in order to try and leave a different identity. He ends up as a rather thick set human, who would have been pegged for someone of about 30. Then, he teleports 15 ft directly behind his current position, and sizes up his "attackers"

DD to that position.

[roll0] Disguise

[roll1]Spot to get some idea of just who it was who felt like jumping him.

Greyen
2008-01-19, 03:57 AM
@ Silf

You teleport down into an area of town, long low building surrounded by thin wood fances and large yards. You can smell the smoke of the furnaces and feel their heat. This must be a place where metal is worked or something.

This is probably the wrong part of town, maybe flying over the city would work better to try and find a mage.

elkhantar
2008-01-19, 03:03 PM
Kayrne

I think I'll follow you around invisible until we find some way for me to disguise among these humans... She replies, flying down to meet Silf. Perhaps we could find someone to have fun with she adds as an afterthought. You could have fun first and then I would she finishes with a devilish smile.

Perhaps he could even provide us with information she says, trying to get something useful out of the situation.


wow, Pain scares me right now... but I guess that's what the demoness would say.

Timaoh
2008-01-19, 11:10 PM
Silf

Shrugging at the demonesses coments Silf seems unphased. She looks around a little and then wanders off in the direction she assumes a main avenue would be taking a moment to cast invisability on pain once again before they leave the secluded back lots. As she approaches openings of buildings she'll peek inside and see who she can find to ask for help or anything of interest at all. If she sees anyone she will ask them where she can find a mage.

Greyen
2008-01-20, 01:17 AM
@V - Sorry for the delay

The two men on horse back are dressed in light chain mail with a white surcoat over it. Rank bars hang at their shoulders, and a golden sun is centered on their chest and the back of their white cloaks. They ride large heavy destriers, which snort and shuffle nervously.

As you DDoor away hear one of them call out Hey, Whered he go!? They ride up past where you were standing looking for you. Giving you time to get composed again. They wheel their horses around speaking between themselves as they ride back to their original position. They look official, like guards of some sort.

------------------------

@ Silf & Kayrne
-I will assume Kayrne is Invis unless otherwise stayed for now.

The two of you drift through an industrial area of the city. The only life in this area is a few yard dogs and cats. To get to any of the buildings to look inside you would have to leave the road, cross the yard, and then open the door.

As you all approach a crossroads you can hear horsehoof's in the distance, moving at a walking pace you asssume.

---------------------------------------------------------

@ All

You all hear a low tone coming from the direction of the coast. The note climbs a few octaves before stopping. This repeats itself three times. It sounds as if some great horn has been sounded.

---------------------------------------------------------

@V

The two men respond instantly to the notes. The rear their horses and begin to gallop away down the road toward the coast.

@ Silf & Kayrne

The hoof beats quickly turn into a gallop and fade away.

Greyen
2008-01-20, 01:21 AM
You all can feel the connection between yourselves tightening and stretching as you move apart. Silf and Kayrne are alright as they are close together, but they can still feel the taughtness of the connection pulling at them. V and Waetir both can feel it pulling on them toward the others.

Moral Wiz
2008-01-20, 01:48 AM
V

Hmm... sound and act like Baator fodder. But, with an order of Paladins right outside...

V forgets this for a moment. The wizards guild is now the priority; after that horn, he doesn't know how much time they'll have. Tightening against the pull towards the others, he turns around, and heads over to the building already pointed out. He takes in the area, before making a move.

[roll0]Spot in the area around the guild; trying to take in the surroundings. before doing anything.

Greyen
2008-01-20, 09:24 AM
-I got the hint :smalltongue:

The mages guild is a smallish tower, compared to what you are used to at least. It is made of simple granite and rises to about 30 feet above a squat three story building. It is relatively nondescript. A Chest high stone wall is topped with another 10 feet of wrought iron fencing that encircles the place. A wrought iron gate stands locked against the night. As you stand and watch a pulsing purple glow slides around the bars of the fence, moving from the corner you walked from to the corner of the fence down the street. Seeming to slither across and around the bars like a snake. Wrought into the bars of the gate are a pair of crossed wands and a classical "all-seeing" eye".

The guild sits on a broad well kept avenue. Two individual lanes separated by a small swath of green. At one end of the half kilometer avenue is a bridge across the small river that bisects Pigiron, on the other end is what looks to be a governent building, which the guild is almost right next to. All of the buildings are nice and well kept. The Fleet Street is lit by everburning torches with glass housings every 50 on alternating sides of the avenue..

Moral Wiz
2008-01-20, 09:32 AM
-But did you get both of them?:smallwink: :smallamused: :smalltongue:

V

Well, I guess they haven't got brilliant funding. Either that, or they are more powerful that I'd have guessed.

V proceeds to do the most un-expected thing imaginable.

He goes up to the gates, tries to open them, and then look for a door. if he can manage that, he'll knock.

Greyen
2008-01-20, 09:35 AM
The gates are locked and do not move. As soon as V touches them the purple light flows across them, as if in warning.

Moral Wiz
2008-01-20, 09:43 AM
V

Oh, for the towers sake...

V looks into the "Eye"; and speaks slowly, and clearly, to see if that could manage anything.

I want to get in. Would you kindly open this door?

If nothing happens, V'll curse slightly, and try and work out just what spells there are here with Detect Magic

[roll0]Spellcraft

Greyen
2008-01-20, 09:54 AM
Abjuration 2 effects 1 slightly stonger than the other- Another Abjuration tied to an enchantment- inside the gate. The purple glow is an illusion effect.

Spellcraft allows you to identify the schools only.

Moral Wiz
2008-01-20, 09:55 AM
Can I tell what is on the gate itself?

Greyen
2008-01-20, 10:01 AM
Sorry was unclear

On the Gate
-Minor abjuration effect
-Illusion effect

On the area beyond the gate/in the yard
-Medium strength abjuration effect tied into an enchantment effect
-another minor abjuration effect.

Moral Wiz
2008-01-20, 10:08 AM
V

Ah. Almost certainly inconsequential, but, just in case...

He shifts to his "Young Human" form. (with his back to the street so people can hopefully not see) before attempting to teleport into the tower with a dimensional door.

Greyen
2008-01-20, 10:12 AM
As you begin to DDoor into the tower, you stop suddenly. The effect will not work. The interior of the tower is barred from you in that way.

Lochar
2008-01-20, 10:20 AM
20 + spell level Identify a spell thatís already in place and in effect. You must be able to see or detect the effects of the spell. No action required. No retry.
Waetir

Waetir, still hovering above the city, feels the draw of the binding to the others. It's bearable, so he ignores it, patiently waiting out for the morning.

Moral Wiz
2008-01-20, 10:40 AM
V

Heh. They had the sense to ward against such things. This might be fun after all.

With that, V looks for a dark corner, and dissapears, ending up on the rooftops. With a few changes, the young human had a pair of wings, and beat an arieal path to the higher reaches of the tower.

Greyen
2008-01-20, 10:48 AM
There are no windows along the length of the tower until the very top. There is a small area on to of the tower that is flat with a trap door that you can see. You can see the same abjuration/enchantment effect covers the top of the tower and most of the sides.

Moral Wiz
2008-01-20, 10:57 AM
V

Hmm... I guess it's standardized.

Ho hum.

The loth flies back down, landing in the courtyard.

Moral Wiz
2008-01-20, 11:10 AM
V

Unless something happens to him, V walks towards any sort of door, and tries to open it.

Greyen
2008-01-20, 12:16 PM
As soon as you set foot in the yard you feel a wave of magic wash over you, unable to penetrate your natural defenses it fades away. Both effects in the yard have been triggered.

From inside the building you hear a gong sound.

Moral Wiz
2008-01-20, 12:17 PM
V

V walks towards the Tower, calling out as he does so.

Hello? Will someone kindly let me in?

Greyen
2008-01-20, 12:24 PM
An old polished brass speaking tube is mounted next to the door. From it you hear a smooth even voice Who are you and why do you disturb us?

Moral Wiz
2008-01-20, 12:39 PM
V

Just a traveler, friend. And one who has questions, and knowledge, about the arcane. Particularly about the arts of one though lost to the world. A certain Lich, of ill repute, who's recent activities should concern you.

May I come in? I have come a long way.

Greyen
2008-01-20, 12:43 PM
I'll have to wake the master. It would really be best if you could come back around noon. He most likely will blast me, and then you for just waking him. Your choice though. If what you have to say is true then he will want to hear it from you, but then again he may just make you wait till noon anyway. The speaking tube says.

The doors are banded oak and iron, deeply carved into the wood are runes, they glow of abjuration and transmutation. The bui8lding on closer inspection is well constructed by fine hands. Each stone fits with the others almost invisbly.

Timaoh
2008-01-20, 12:44 PM
Silf


Still bored and uncertain of what to do Silf continues walking in random directions looking for someone to talk to. Muttering to herself about how boring life must be around here with nothing to do and how life as a mortal bound to the earth and unable to fly would be simply too much to bear.

Kicking at loose pebbles and scuffing her feet as she walks to show her distaste for walking as a form of locamotion she does her best to keep her emotions in check especially her boredom.

Moral Wiz
2008-01-20, 12:47 PM
V

Not the news an exhausted traveler enjoys hearing, I tell you. However, if what I have to say is important, won't he blast you anyway for not telling him?

By the way, In case he asks, the one I referred to before, might be known to you as Savantir. Does that name ring any bells?

Greyen
2008-01-20, 01:14 PM
The voice starts to laugh at you Bwahahahaha! That old story. Come back at noon ya fool. Thats just a story to scare little children. Now off with you. I don't know how you got inside the gate but you can use the same way to get out. Now go before I summon the guards.

Moral Wiz
2008-01-20, 01:31 PM
V

What guards?

The only magics in this place are two utterly contemptible spells in the courtyard that I quite literally walked over, a spell to keep the gate firm against intrusion, and a fairly basic illusion to ward off fools. Oh, and the rather efficient warding against teleportation that you have up in there. Congratulate your master on that one, will you? The best constructed spell of the lot.

So, you'd have guards inside, assuming you truly have guards. But, with that ward against teleportation, they'd have to open the door. If the object would be to keep me out, wouldn't that be rather pointless? Given that the only reason I am not already in there is the combination of the warding, and the series of spells your master placed on the door?

Or do you mean that you have a system in place to alert the town guard somehow? They are hardly... reliable. I just managed to avoid two of them, totally and easily through a simple short range teleportation. Plus, I believe that they have something else to worry about right now. Some sort of horn sounded, and they rode off.

Hopefully, demonstrating detailed knowledge of the tower's exterior spells might be sufficient to persuade this butler that V knows what he's talking about.

Greyen
2008-01-20, 02:14 PM
At this point the only noise from the tube is a click. After a few moments the big double doors click and swing open on their own. Inside you see a smallish chamber with two stone statues on pedastals. One is of a beautiful elven maiden dreesed in fine robes the other of a human male, obviously old from the whiskers on his chin, also dressed in robes. They flank another door, next to which is another speaking tube.

As the two stone statues turn their heads to look at you you hear from the inner speaking tube Actually Mr. Smartypants- whoever-you-are, these guards. Much more effective and compliant than those Order of Light fellows. The two statues step down from their pedastals and begin to advance.

Moral Wiz
2008-01-20, 02:54 PM
V

Hmm. Interesting choice in statuary. Quite artistic in fact. Who was the sculpture? And the room is so small; it would be hard to doge both of them at once. All in all, a very well done defense. My congratulations.

V speaks into the outer tube. Immediately after doing so, the tube might just hear a whoosh of air as V takes flight.

As soon as he gets up there, V tries the trapdoor. If he can manage it he goes through quickly, before Jeeves down there can try another ward.

Greyen
2008-01-20, 03:21 PM
As V lands he can feel the same magics wash over him again, and again his natural resistance defeats it.

The rune covered iron bound wood trapdoor has no handle, and cannot be budged.

Greyen
2008-01-20, 03:28 PM
@ Silf & Kayrne- Sorry Timaoh missed your post

Silf sees a few white clad men go thundering past on horse back, they ignore Silf completely. Not even stopping to leer at her, if Silf steps in the way of one of the charging horses they rider will shout at her to get out of the way. If she doesn't then the horse will jump over her, or bullrush her.

Other than those few the city is largely dead quiet at this early hour.

Which is odd, there are no homeless people, no "ladies of the night", even the taverns are locked up tight. No low lifes to hassle, nothing except a stray dog that runs off into the alley ways after being startled by her.

Moral Wiz
2008-01-20, 03:29 PM
V

V stamps on the trap door as hard as possible, attempting to make a noise. After that, he flies back down again, but quietly. As he reaches the area near the tube, he peaks his head into the doorway, and takes stock of the situation.

[roll0] Move silently to get back down.

Did an alarm go off once V reached the top. Can the golems threaten the whole room? How big are they? Human sized? Large?

Lochar
2008-01-20, 03:31 PM
Waetir

Waetir, already getting bored with waiting in the air, Dimension Doors back towards the church. Maybe the Rector person had decided to come early? Or he could at least talk to the nice old man again.

Waetir basically wants to go explore the church, or find Will and spend the evening talking with the nice old man.

Yes, Waetir has almost a childish mentality.

Timaoh
2008-01-20, 08:52 PM
Silf

Continuing to explore the streets and avenues in the industrial district Silf walks around with Paine in tow (i assume) and does her best to find someone to talk to. After about a half hour of this she will get bored and possibly teleport to where one of the others is to see what they are up to. Most likely Waetir but that might change as her moods are as fleeting as her attention span and loyalty.

Greyen
2008-01-21, 12:51 AM
@V

Stomping on the door produces nothing beyond a thump. Flying back down you see that the outerdoors are once again closed. The golems were large sized and threatened the whole room. The area is quiet. For a moment until you can hear great bells off in the distance. Waetir is in the same direction as the bells.
---------------------
@Waetir

Floating through the church Waetir finds that there are only a few guards about. These are solid looking men with stern expressions.

It is a beautiful piece of architecture, with many murals praising the power of the lght and the coming of the dawn. Tapestries and small to medium statues are common. The white stone is often accented with gilt and silver inlay.

You do find Brother Will and some apprentices gathered in a small room with several bell pulls at the rear of the main chapel. Brother Will is praying as the four apprentices ready themselves to pull on the three inch think ropes. After a few moments Brother Will lowers his hands, opening his eyes he says to them, begin Begin the Call to the Dawn.
The apprentices begin to pull on the ropes first the central rope, then the outer ones, in a sequence that you do not understand until a moment later as the great bells above begin to sing out.

BONG Bing Bong Bongggg, BONG Bing Bong Bongggg, BONG Bing Bong Bonggg

The sound is thunderous in this little room directly below the bells. Brother Will watches the apprentices finish the call. He veritable shouts at them in his good naturedly, if now deafened way, GO Wake your bothers, I will be in the main hall as usual. Morning mass must be prepared. Then off to your beds with you. He then turns and proceeds out the door followed by the apprentices who run off down a side corridor.
-----------------------------
@ Silf and Kayrne

Kicking their way around the industrial area Silf and Kayrne wander aimlessly.
Both of them hear great bells resouding in the distance. Coming from the direction that Waetir is in.

Please be more specific about where you want to teleport to.

Moral Wiz
2008-01-21, 12:56 AM
V

Ho hum.

V decides not to press the issue; and decides to try and find Silf, Pain, and Waetir to relate what he has found.

Come to think of it... I never did find any criminals.

V diverts himself from his first path for a moment, and returns to the area in which he met those two guards.

Lochar
2008-01-21, 10:57 AM
Waetir

Waetir's body shakes with the bells, but once Will leaves, he follows him. "Hello. I came back to see you again! I got bored waiting. Whatcha doing? Do you have to Call the Dawn or it doesn't come? This is a very strange plane if so."

Greyen
2008-01-21, 02:09 PM
@ V

You return to the streets where you were before. The area is deserted. There are no people awake and about in the streets at this hour. But dawn is swift approaching.

-------------------------

@ Waetir

The old man jumps a little, surprised at hearing your voice again. He begins talking quietly as he bustles about the main chapel, straightening things and filling various decanters of oil, other busy little jobs. Is that you again, my wet little friend. I had not expected you back so soon.

I am on my way to see to the preparation for the morning mass, Praising the Dawn. Today is the day of mass, and there is much to do. As for the Call to the Dawn, no we do not need to call it. It is tradition in our church to do so. There is an old story of how a boy had to wake Pelor who had fallen into a poisoned sleep. The only way that the boy could wake him was with a brass bell. So the song we play is to wake the sun before its journey across the sky for the day.

If you will excuse me for a moment I need to see to the novices. With that he hurries into the the wide hallway in between the chapel area and the entryway. There are four young men who he speaks to quickly before they hurry off themselves. He stands in the main hall, as if he is waiting for something.

Lochar
2008-01-21, 02:23 PM
Waetir

"It's more interesting around here. See, I learned something new, about Pelor. Can I help with anything? I can heal, and calm people down, and make people act nicer."

Timaoh
2008-01-21, 02:32 PM
Silf

Deciding she has had about as much 'fun' as she can stand for a day Teleports to where Waetir is after rendering herself invisible so she will not alarm anyone and can walk in from around a corner or out of eyesight if need be once she is there.

Moral Wiz
2008-01-21, 02:35 PM
V

Sensing the others beginning to congregate, and disparing of finding any criminals, V starts to set off once more towards the others. He goes on foot however, lacking any means of concealment, and not yet certian as to where the others are exactly.

Lochar
2008-01-21, 02:38 PM
Waetir

Sensing the binding of one of the others appear near him, Waetir sends out to whoever it was.

"I like this old man here, and if you cause trouble here, you will find me attempting to stop you. No being mean here, alright?"

Diplomacy, I know it doesn't work against other PCs, but Waetir doesn't know what a PC is. [roll0]

Timaoh
2008-01-21, 02:43 PM
Silf

"No arguments from me friend." She uses the term as it catches in her mouth in an unfamiliar manner. "I actually just wanted to see where you were and what you are up to. Now i just want to get out of this filthy temple. If i had known you were here i wouln't have come." Silf trails off in a hushed whisper as she moves to find her way out of the temple before her invisability wears off and so she can breathe more easily.

Once she is outside she will look around and then once she is certain she will not be seen allows her invisability to drop and lounges around waiting for the others and Waetir to finish their business as she senses V coming closer as well.

Greyen
2008-01-22, 03:16 AM
Brother Will says to Waetir Pardon me my little friend, you must hide yourself now as to not alarm the masses. The dawn comes and they will begin arriving. The common folk will not understand your presence here. After the sermon I will speak to the Rector and will call to you. He then turns and walk to the doors.

Silf, and Kayrne are able to conceal themselves from the masses very easily in the archways and architectural detail in the walls surrounding the church property. The property of the church makes them both feel ill at ease, it is holy concecrated land. And they are weakened in its presence.

As dawn breaks the horizon, the opening of the church faces the sun. The great doors are opened all through the hall and the light of the sun touches the altar at the far end of the hall. The golden altar lights up the room with reflected glory.

People start to move in the city and begin arriving at the temple. Clerics and commoners, rich and poor alike are welcomed by Brother Will and his boys. A few other clerics greet the old man with smiles and hand shakes. All of them wear white robes with various colored borders. Only one of them does Brother Will bow to, this man is tall and thin. Nearly gaunt, he is well tanned and shaven headed. The man has sharp features and an intelligent glint to his eye. There is strength in his step and grace in his movements. He wears a golden belt of sun coins, and a white robe with a single wide gold border. This mist be the Rector he spoke about.

As people get seated Brother Will walks the Rector up to the altar. A chorus begins to sing and both men stand with heads bowed as the hymns are sung. Praise to the sun, praise to the dawn, Pelor on high. Mighty is the flame, strong is the light...

After that the Rector raises his hands and a hush falls over the masses.
Praise to the Shining One, Praise to the Sun Father, PRAISE PELOR! His voice rings through the hall clear and strong. He has a natural presence that fills the hall. On this day, let it be known that we will be reconsecrating the lands of the church. We will renew our vows to praise the light and renew our bond to the life giving Sun. Peace is evident in the lands, the scourge has fallen but three years ago. The healing time is over it is time for growth and time for moving forward! Let us not loose our faith, for that is the way of weakness. Evil still stalks the land. In hidden pockets and shadowed dales, they gather. We must dig them out stem and root so we can grow free of these weeds, in the glory of the Sun.

Just last night demons attacked the Ivory Citadel! They were repulsed by the power of our brothers in arms. But it shows that still today, three years after the fall of the scourge that there are still demons that walk. Again he raises his hands Praise to the Shining One, Praise to the Sun Father, PRAISE PELOR! He drops his hands and steps off the dais and another cleric steps up and begins the prayers and hymns.

Greyen
2008-01-22, 09:01 AM
The sermon and ceremonies last for another hour and a half with much singing and praise to Pelor. During the ceremony Brother Will walks with Deacon Jozz out into the main hallway where he speaks to him. They step into an alcove off to the side of the chamber.

After they have spoken for a moment Brother Will steps out of the alcove and calls out quietly but clearly so as to not disturb the ongoing Mass. Little Watery Friend! Please show yourself. The deacon would like speak with you now.

Outside the temple V is able to quickly find his fellow bonded fiends. The others wait impatiently in an alcove off to the side of the walled property of temple.

Lochar
2008-01-22, 09:04 AM
Waetir

Waetir moves out from his hiding spot near the ceiling and floats in front of Will. "Hi! I'm Waetir. Well, partially, but I don't give everyone my full name anymore. That's how I got into this mess in the first place. Nice to meet you!"

Greyen
2008-01-22, 09:31 AM
Brother Will beams at the appearance of Waetir. Deacon Jozz on the otherhand scowls. Brother Will says to the Deacon This is the being I spoke to you about. He needs assistance from us. Can we help him?


Still scowling the Deacon says to him That all depends on the will of Pelor. This is a busy time for us, especially with the solstice coming. We shall see.

Go see to the flock. I will take care of this. Jozz dismisses Brother Will and looks to Waetir. His piercing gaze seeming to skewer Waetir Well, Waetir follow me and let us talk. With a sweep of his robes he walks swiftly into a side hallway and through a side door the leads to a set of stairs. Moving up the stairs he says to Waetir You have befriended on of the oldest members of our clergy, and invaded my church. I do not know what to do with you exactly at this point but hear your petition and see what we can do. He leads the way to another hallway and into another door.

This room is austere except for a large cherry wood desk with a leather chair behind it. The only thing on the walls is a huge gold sun symbol behind the chair. In front of the desk is a wooden chair. The room is light from sunlight which is streaming in from a skylight. Jozz sits in the chair behind the desk and looks to Waetir, waiting for him to begin.

Lochar
2008-01-22, 09:55 AM
Waetir

"I'm sorry, I didn't think I invaded anything. I just came in and asked for help. Will said you could help me." Waetir's mental voice is sad that Jozz doesn't like him.

"But I was summoned by this mean skeleton guy. I think his name was, um, Savantir? Anyways, he said he was going to make us find a phylatcery thing and free him from the demi-plane he summoned us to. He bound us to the plane! If we die, we will reappear there!" A mental sniff and cry echoes from Waetir at this point.

"He bound several of us, and the demi-plane turned on him and pretty much destroyed him. But we're still bound to the plane. I just wanna break that and go home. Please? I'll even give you my name to summon me for healing help. I'm really good at that. I just want to be able to go home!" Waetir's mental voice wails on the last couple of words, and he slips in his sending, probably catching anyone within thirty to forty feet and allows them to hear that.

elkhantar
2008-01-22, 10:15 AM
Kayrne

This place is completely wrong! how can it even exist? she wonders, hiding in the complicated architecture of the temple. Those fools all come here praying for salvation, as if the gods troubled themselves with the matters of mortals... They only do if they grow powerful enough to defy them! she thinks, trying to resist the urge to grab some of those devout fools and shout at them that their whole life is a lie.

Despite her rage and hatred for the holy place, she waits, though, for any information waetir can bring.