PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (spoilers)

UncleWolf
2007-12-18, 01:27 PM
I had been looking around in a box and i found my old Castlevania game. Does anyone else still play it? if so, what was your favorite equipment/familiar.

My favorite weapon was the runesword (the one that acts like the boomarang) with the sword familiar. my favorite shield was the medusa head one because it hurt creatures.

P.S.I have never been able to find out all of the spells. Could someone please tell me?

Mr. Mud
2007-12-18, 01:34 PM
Oh Castlevania... Loved it to death. That reminds me of: New Castlevania Game: Castlevania Curse of Darkness (http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/reviews/241/Castlevania.html)

UncleWolf
2007-12-18, 02:05 PM
yeah that one was okay, i liked how you could make your own weapons.
The only problem was trying to get phlogistons:smallbiggrin:

sapphail
2007-12-19, 09:25 AM
I played it, kicked Dracula's black-clad butt, and then couldn't figure out how to get into the reverse castle. How do you get there?! I'm sitting on about 50% and it drove me up the wall.

Mr. Friendly
2007-12-19, 09:40 AM
I played it, kicked Dracula's black-clad butt, and then couldn't figure out how to get into the reverse castle. How do you get there?! I'm sitting on about 50% and it drove me up the wall.

Oh man, this takes me back.. I forget how to do it now, I seem to remeber it involved running back in forth in one area over and over...

You should check GameFaqs. I can't access it at work, but I am sure the answers you seek are there.

Semidi
2007-12-19, 09:45 AM
Wait. You kicked Drac's butt and you didn't go into the reverse castle? You mean at first with Richter? Because Alucard fights him in the upside down, unless I've been missing something.

OK, here's how it goes--I'll spoiler it.

OK, you need to find and kick the Succubus' butt. You're at 50% completion so I'm presuming you know where she is. I found her to be cake with the shield rod + skull shield. Next you need to use the spike breaker to... break through the spikes to talk to Maria in the tower (again I'm presuming you know where she is) The Succy gives you a silver ring and you get a gold one in the room with Maria. Again, presuming you know this.

Then you need to equip them both in the clock room to open up the floor. You need to go in and find Maria and have a chat about Richter. When you get the glasses go and fight Richter. Put the glasses on and you notice a ball hanging out around him. Kick the ball's butt and SHAFT (Sexy mother-- JUST YOU SHUT YO MOUTH) (woman’s: voice SHAFT!) shows up. Get ready for a real hard time in the upside down castle. Hope I helped

Saint George
2007-12-19, 05:45 PM
I absolutely love this game. I just wish it was longer or more difficult because I can breeze through the game with my eyes closed at this point...

Of course it could be the dual wielded Crissagrims making it easy. Or the five rings of Varda I have. Hmm. Oh well.

I suppose I could play through it with Lucky Alucard again...