PDA

View Full Version : ECL 0 outsiders

Laurellien
2007-12-18, 01:55 PM
Good day to you all.

For several reasons, I am looking for a humanoid shaped outsider that has no racial hitdice and no level adjustment. I would really like some help in finding them. Note that the tiefling and aasimar found here are (for some reason) out. http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040213a

Nerd-o-rama
2007-12-18, 02:00 PM
Are there LA 0 versions of Genasi out there? They'd be in Player's Guide to Faerun, I believe.

Laurellien
2007-12-18, 02:07 PM
My DM disallows that. I was looking for something less... broken.

TheLogman
2007-12-18, 02:14 PM
Check the Planar handbook, although most of them are Native, there's one that's a monk type. However, in exchange he can't talk, just sing, ya, its wierd.

Amiria
2007-12-18, 02:25 PM
The Neraph are also in the Planar Handbook. Outsider type, great racial abilities, one of best LA+0 races. If only they would be more pleasant-looking ...

AmberVael
2007-12-18, 02:26 PM
The race Logman refers to is the buomman. They're pretty weird...
Technically they are humanoids with the extraplanar subtype.
Their main bonus is to wisdom and heightened senses.

There are two more from the Planar Handbook.

Neraphim: They're basically like mini slaadi. They are outsiders, gain natural armor, camouflage, and jump bonuses, along with other stuff.

Spikers: They're humans... with spikes. Lots of spikes. Everywhere.
Extraplanar humanoids.
They gain natural armor, damage reduction, acid resistance, and can deal damage with spikes (though they have a hard time wearing armor).
They also look ugly as sin.

Edit: There's also the Star Elf in the book Unapproachable East. Extraplanar humanoid. +2 cha, -2 con.

Darrin
2007-12-18, 02:44 PM
For several reasons, I am looking for a humanoid shaped outsider that has no racial hitdice and no level adjustment.

The Otherworldly feat from PGtF should work for:
Deep Imaskari (Underdark [Deep Imaskar]), elf (Evermeet, Sildeyuir), or spirit folk (Ashane)

From the Master Player Race List:
http://forums.gleemax.com/wotc_archive/index.php/t-449345

Neraphim: none, medium, 30 ft., ranger, outsider, planar handbook pg.12

From MM2 (not sure if these are LA +0, but Crystalkeep seems to think so):
Chaond
Zenythr

There are a couple from Dragon magazine, which don't show up on the Master Player Race List or on Crystalkeep:

Glimmerfolk, Dragon #321
Diaboli, Dragon #327

Applying the Divine Minion template (LA +1) would also make you an outsider.

tyckspoon
2007-12-18, 09:12 PM
Your DM considers the LA-0 versions of the planetouched races broken? :smallconfused: I can sort of see that for the Aasimar since it's got a stat bonus with no zero-summing penalty, but it's still not broken; it's just good. There is some cheese you can access by virtue of having the Outsider type, but that will be there for any Outsider.. *shrug*

The Diaboli were reprinted in the Dragon Compendium book; they're LA +1, primarily for their natural tail+poison attack (1d4 damage, poison only causes sickening.. it's not a very good trade for the LA.)