PDA

View Full Version : New 'The Dark Knight' Trailer!

ReproMan
2007-12-18, 04:40 PM
Here's the Link (http://atasteforthetheatrical.com/deathtrap/default.htm).

Ever since I saw 'Brokeback Mountain', I knew Heath Ledger could act, but God D*** does that look good :smallbiggrin: .

2007-12-18, 07:13 PM
Now anytime anyone asks me why my favorite villain is The Joker, I can just point to this.

Cuddly
2007-12-18, 07:14 PM
I always thought batman was really lame, until Begins came out.

DraPrime
2007-12-18, 07:39 PM
Looks good, but since when does the joker have natural colored hair?

ReproMan
2007-12-18, 07:48 PM
*shrug* And it's facepaint, not his actual skin tone.

Not a huge letdown, really. Without the Ace Chemical Plant robbery backstory, there's no real reason for the Joker's skin and hair to be bleached/dyed. Since they made it apparent at the end of 'Begins' that the Joker existed prior to Batman, omitting that makes sense, and just gives more time to let the Joker tell us who and why he is through actions rather than character-origin flashbacks.

2007-12-18, 09:59 PM
*shrug* And it's facepaint, not his actual skin tone.

Not a huge letdown, really. Without the Ace Chemical Plant robbery backstory, there's no real reason for the Joker's skin and hair to be bleached/dyed. Since they made it apparent at the end of 'Begins' that the Joker existed prior to Batman, omitting that makes sense, and just gives more time to let the Joker tell us who and why he is through actions rather than character-origin flashbacks.

I'm hoping they go for The Killing Joke style Joker for his background.

Joker says something to the effect of, "My personal history is great! Its MULTIPLE CHOICE!" in response to the fact that even he can't remember exactly how he was deformed or went insane.

And I really like the soundbite where Joker compares himself to Batman as being a freak. That was always why I liked the dynamic between Bats and Joker. Both are insane, just one helps people, while the other thinks stabbing someone is funny.

JadedDM
2007-12-18, 10:56 PM
I can't even begin to fathom people's enthusiasm on this. It looks really, really lame and cheesy. Maybe I'm just missing something.

Rare Pink Leech
2007-12-19, 12:14 AM
It's nice to finally have a real trailer. I loved Batman Begins, and I'm really looking forward to The Dark Knight.

Overall, I'm pretty impressed with The Joker, or what we've seen of him. I love how sloppy the makeup looks. I think I'm pretty happy with the fact that it's only makeup - it makes The Joker more insane: now he's just some crazy guy who has slapped some makeup on and gone on a killing spree. It also helps highlight how The Joker and Batman really aren't all that different ... mask or makeup, they really are just a couple of costumed freaks.

Finally, I'm really impressed with Heath Ledger - he's completely unrecognizable, and not just because of the makeup. The way he moves, the way he speaks, and his voice ... unbelievable. However, at times it seems like he's trying a bit too hard to channel Jack Nicholson, but I'll reserve final judgement after I've seen the movie.

Kaelaroth
2007-12-19, 05:35 AM
This is in no way how I pictured the Joker... but it looks incredible, and I loved the first one. Can't wait! :smallsmile:

(I also despise Katie Holmes, so the fact that she has been replaced fills me with joy!)

sealemon
2007-12-19, 09:23 AM
I can't even begin to fathom people's enthusiasm on this. It looks really, really lame and cheesy. Maybe I'm just missing something.

Survey says....Yes, yes you are. Luckily, there's plenty of movie choices out there.

As for me, I'm looking forward to what looks like a really good movie...and I have high hopes that Nolan will continue keeping the focus on Batman, just like in the first movie.

Mr. Friendly
2007-12-19, 09:35 AM
Yeah, this looks spiffy.

I really like begins. I just hope they can keep the cast all signed on for a few more movies. Begins was awesome, Dark Knight looks to offer more awesome.

Things I want to see:

Clayface (maybe)
The Riddler (and not the schlocky Jim Carrey version)
Poison Ivy (and not the schlocky Uma Thurman version)
Killer Croc

Arkham Asylum getting filled with villains, who can all escape in a later film and go after Bats. :smallbiggrin:

Glawackus
2007-12-19, 12:31 PM
The first time I saw this, I watched the first few beginning seconds and I was pretty "meh".

And then: "Like me!" BOOM. Incredibly awesome.

Someone on a board somewhere (was it here? I can't recall) suggested David Tennant as the Riddler, which I think would be an excellent choice, although we'll probably never see it (I think it's been established the Big Bad for Batman Three-gins (you can quote me on that one :smallwink:) is

Two-Face--the Joker gets put on trial at the end of Dark Knight and acidifies Dent

...but there was a rumor of Anthony Michael Hall (The Dead Zone) appearing in Dark Knight as Edward Nygma (not necessarily the Ridder), and some other ones of the Penguin appearing as an arms dealer (although I think those have been confirmed as false), so yeah.

...I really messed up the parentheses in this post, but that's alright, because Dark Knight is going to redefine awesome. :smallbiggrin:

The villains I want to see the most in Nolan's new "realistic take" [after the Riddler]?

-Ventriloquist
-Mister Freeze
-The Penguin

2007-12-19, 12:47 PM

You pobably didn't like the idea of Batman fighting modern ninjas either, did you.

Man, what a cold, boring life you must lead.

JadedDM
2007-12-19, 01:01 PM
Ninjas? Which movie was that?