PDA

View Full Version : Sugestions of feats for a telepath

Arakune
2007-12-19, 02:09 PM
So far I have Imprint Stone (Psionics Scrolls, you never know if the ye ol' magic shop have a psionic session), Psicristal Affinity, Psionic Body (Better survivability at low levels and free 2 HP per PSIONIC feat).

What I can take at later levels?

Mr. Friendly
2007-12-19, 02:20 PM
So far I have Imprint Stone (Psionics Scrolls, you never know if the ye ol' magic shop have a psionic session), Psicristal Affinity, Psionic Body (Better survivability at low levels and free 2 HP per PSIONIC feat).

What I can take at later levels?

I highly recommend Overchannel and Talented. Psionic Meditation at or after 4th. I (personally) wouldn't bother taking Psicrystal Affinity or Imprint Stone, but that's just me. Power Penetration, Greater Power Penetration could also be useful.

Ganurath
2007-12-19, 02:22 PM
Hmm... I'd say the Psionic Endowment chain since Telepathy is DC heavy, Psicrystal Containment and the Psionic Focus related feats would be good for metapsionics. Might I suggest working toward Metamind?

Person_Man
2007-12-19, 02:37 PM
You could take Earth Sense (a pre-req) and Earth Power to reduce the cost of every psionic power you manifest by 1. From Races of Stone.

Complete Psionic has a ton of highly useful Elan feats.

What books are available, and what race are you?

Arakune
2007-12-19, 02:50 PM
You could take Earth Sense (a pre-req) and Earth Power to reduce the cost of every psionic power you manifest by 1. From Races of Stone.

Complete Psionic has a ton of highly useful Elan feats.

What books are available, and what race are you?

Human. Sadly, I can only use SRD.

Person_Man
2007-12-19, 03:30 PM
Human. Sadly, I can only use SRD.

Then I would take Overchannel and Expanded Knowledge: Energy Missile (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/psionicPowersDtoF.html#energy-missile) or Metamorphosis (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/psionicPowersGtoP.html#metamorphosis).

FYI, DMs are used to PCs using Polymorph or Metamorphisis to turn into gigantic game breaking monsters. Which is why they're often banned. I prefer to use it turn into the same type of being as your enemies, blending in, and using other spells/powers to control them once they've gone to sleep. Or you can change into a Fine sized creature and Hide while using your powers. It has a ton of creative applications.

Arakune
2007-12-19, 04:36 PM
I got something on those lines. There are any game breaking 15HD creature in the MM? At least when you go to Greater Metamorphosis you lose your ability to use your powers, making it less broken than polymorph...

PSICRYSTAL AFFINITY (human)
PSIONIC TALENT (1st level)
PSIONIC BODY (Bonus)

Overchannel [PSIONIC] (3rd);
4th (+1 Wis)
Talented [PSIONIC] (5th)
Psionic Meditation [PSIONIC] (6th)
8th (+1Int)
Psionic Endowment [PSIONIC] (9th)
-Greater Psionic Endowment [PSIONIC] (10th)
QUICKEN POWER [METAPSIONIC] (12th) (+1Int)
POWER PENETRATION [PSIONIC] (15th)
GREATER POWER PENETRATION [PSIONIC] (15th)
16th (+1 Int)
PSIONIC TALENT or EXPANDED KNOWLEDGE [PSIONIC] (18th)
PSIONIC TALENT or EXPANDED KNOWLEDGE [PSIONIC] (20th) (+1Int)

Edit: O yeah, thanks for the help. :smallwink: