PDA

View Full Version : munchkin

vanson2feet
2007-12-19, 03:52 PM
you know the card game making fun of d&d and pretty much every other rpg every created. loads of fun. if you haven't played it and you are a rpg fan it comes highly recomended.

mainly this thread is for discussion of the game obviously so tell us what you think.

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-12-19, 03:54 PM
Board Game? I have a Card Game called Munchkin, and I saw that a board game was being developed. Have you played the Board Game version yet? What do you think of it?

vanson2feet
2007-12-19, 05:47 PM
sorry i meant to say card, my mind was on other things but no i haven't played the board game, however i did also see it on their website look enteresting.

Amiria
2007-12-19, 06:07 PM
The Munchkin game series is great ! :smallbiggrin:

I have Munchkin Fu. A friend has the original Munchkin. We both think that Munchkin Fu is a bit funnier. Another friend has Cthulhu Munchkin but I haven't played it yet.

vanson2feet
2007-12-19, 06:17 PM
i'm looking into getting more i have the original right now and think it is one of the best games iv'e played. would you recomend the other ones out of the munchkin 1,2,3,4,5 series?

Krrth
2007-12-19, 06:41 PM
Just as an FYI, if you are going to combine them, Super munchkin and Munchkin bites use the power trait.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-12-19, 07:09 PM
I absolutely love Munchkin. At the moment, I have Munchkin Impossible. It's pretty good. The other version I really want is Munchkin Cthulhu. As a Lovecraft fan, I think I'd really enjoy that version too.

Lord Shplane
2007-12-19, 10:32 PM
What is "Munchkin"?

Crispy Dave
2007-12-19, 10:38 PM
What is "Munchkin"?

stone him!!!!

Lord Shplane
2007-12-20, 12:39 AM
What is "Munchkin"?

No really, what is it?

Semidi
2007-12-20, 12:42 AM
No really, what is it?

It's a card game that spoofes table-top games. Wiki it if you really want to know about it.

I play Munchkin "bites" combined with Cthulhu munchkin usually as I love both the World of Darkness and Call of Cthulhu settings.

vanson2feet
2007-12-20, 01:44 PM
No really, what is it?

it is a card game spoofing d&d and many other rpg table tops. it is extremely funny with cards like "bribe gm withfood,go upa level." and "the shield of ubiquity"

Mordokai
2007-12-20, 01:50 PM
I like the game very much. Backstabing your buddy was never as much fun :smallbiggrin:

I own Munchkin Cthulhu and the add-on, Munchkin Cowtulhu, and they are a lot of fun. When you get Bowine intervention everybody laughts :smallbiggrin: New Madness cards that you get with the Cowthulhu add-on are also very funny, in my opinion.

vanson2feet
2007-12-20, 02:00 PM
if you go to sjgames.com you can get the instructions for epic munchkin,an add on to the original that lets you play to level 20. its about four pages of instructions, but at level 10 you are considered epic and it gives each class and race special abilities, like the dwarf can carry as many cards as he wants, and the human can keep a monster of level 5 or below as a pet using it in his next fight. it also gives instructions for classes and races from other versions. its free on their website just print it off. way more fun. you also have to draw two door cards, i highly recommend it.

Winterwind
2007-12-20, 02:04 PM
I have regular Munchkin 1, 2, 3 and 4, Munchkin Bites and Munchkin Cthulhu. Absolutely brilliant. We play it regularly before our real RPG sessions. :smallbiggrin:

Selrahc
2007-12-20, 02:09 PM
I have all of the Munchkin sets except 4, and Cthulhu.(Although I have played with both of those sets)

Super Munchkin is probably my favourite. Maybe Bites. Powers are awesome.

Of course my personal favourite is mixed games. Under varying sets of rules(One big pile, everyone gets their own deck, roll a dice to see which deck you draw from, etc.) You can get some really cool escalations going on.

Maxdibe
2007-12-23, 07:02 PM
Love John Kovalic illustrations ^^ (and Giant's of course :smallwink: )

I have Munchkin 1, 2, 3, 4 and Dice (all translated in italian), and now I have a huuuuuuuuuuuge bunch of crazy cards all put together...
And if my friend come with his Munchkn bites, it's HUGER! (can I say "huger"? ...no? well it is huger anyway!)

:smallfrown: The bad thing is: every game I play it's slow on the beginning, you don't have so many items, race or class cards, so I usually.
:smallcool: The good thing is: if I get the :haley: class in the early game I start stealing items from my friends... as long as I got a card to discard, I steal.
Just because I can't go under level 1 :smalltongue:

Epic Munchkin:
I really have to read these rules, sounds great :smallbiggrin:

Munchkin Shirts:
you know that if you are wearing those shirts you can have some

...and where the hell did they get all the ideas for the cards?

Krytha
2007-12-23, 07:52 PM
haha I love the chaos right before someone tries to win the game and everyone starts dropping bombs on them.

vanson2feet
2007-12-23, 09:24 PM
yeahme too lol

Winterwind
2007-12-24, 06:04 AM
My experience shows it's usually not the first person to reach level 9 who wins the game - it's the second one, because the first person will invariably be wrecked by the onslaught of Wandering Monsters, monster boosting cards and other mean stuff players can do to each other. After this armoury of doom has been used up on the first person to reach level 9 (who quite possibly has dropped two levels and lost all equipment once it is over), the second person to reach it usually takes the win, since the others did not have the time to re-stock their arsenal yet.

ObeeKris
2007-12-27, 12:03 PM
Munchkin is a wonderful game. My wife and I own every set and expansion there is. We just got Munchkin 5: Deranged, Munchkin Cthulhu 2: Call of Cowthulhu and The Good, The Bad and The Munchkin (wild west version) for Christmas, so we haven't played those yet.

We have combined every set we have, so makes for a VERY interesting game playing them all together. Lots of fun.

Castaras
2007-12-28, 05:48 AM
Munchkin, and Munchkin 2 are what my family have.

Awesome game. Hilarious.

Lord Herman
2007-12-28, 06:15 AM
I've played Munchkin with friends, and it is awesome. I'm planning on buying Munchkin 1 though 5, and maybe Epic Munchkin, for the Dutch Meetup.

Smeik
2008-01-06, 09:16 AM
I have Munchkin 1 and 2, Munchkin Fu, Star Munchkin, Bunchkin bites and "Munchkin in the mixer", though i don't know the original naome of the last one in english.

Azuroth
2008-01-06, 07:18 PM
Munchkin Blender

Dorizzit
2008-01-06, 08:50 PM
Dude! Munchkin rocks! I only have 1, but it's funny and not entirely stupid.

Korias
2008-01-06, 08:52 PM
I have Munchkin 1, 4- Need for Steed, and Munchkin Impossible.

However, on the rules of Munchkin Blender- Does each player get their own set of decks, or is there just one big deck?

Winterwind
2008-01-06, 09:00 PM
So, what do you folks think is the ultimate character? :smallbiggrin:

In our group, we have come to the conclusion it is a half-gnome half-werewolf bard-wizard (gnome and bard being from Munchkin 2 (or was it 3?), and werewolf being from Munchkin Bites).

Gnome is definitely the most broken race whatsoever, capable of conjuring a monster helping him for an incredible boost in combat strength, and werewolves get decent bonuses in combat against a lot of foes and have access to impressive powers. As for the classes, a bard can try to force a player to help him in combat (for, again, a huge boost in combat power), and Bardic Luck is pretty fancy as well, and if everything should fail, the Wizard can just magic the monster away, thus making the character nigh undefeatable.

What do you think? :smallcool:

Korias
2008-01-06, 09:05 PM
I'm pretty sure its a Half-Gnome American-Russian-Chinese Bard, Wielding the Three-Handed-Sword (he can, due to the fact that he's American, and they get +1 Hands). Gnome because of Obvious Reasons, Bard because of the same reasons above, Russian due to the Overkill powers, and Chinese to press-gang monsters into your service.

Copacetic
2008-01-06, 09:24 PM
Me and My brother have Munchkin1, 4, and Star Munchkin. These "Epic" rules intrigue me, and Wsh to learn more......

Winterwind
2008-01-06, 09:25 PM
I'm pretty sure its a Half-Gnome American-Russian-Chinese Bard, Wielding the Three-Handed-Sword (he can, due to the fact that he's American, and they get +1 Hands). Gnome because of Obvious Reasons, Bard because of the same reasons above, Russian due to the Overkill powers, and Chinese to press-gang monsters into your service.I take it these American/Russian/Chinese "races" are from Munchkin Impossible?
Yeah, they sound way more powerful than the werewolf I chose.

You did not multi-class. Is there something about these Munchkin Impossible races which prevents you from tacking on a second class via Super Munchkin, or is the second class-slot still free?