PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars, The Force Unleashed

Emperor Ing
2007-12-19, 05:49 PM
I heard about this game, and in the first few seconds of this footage, i was all...":eek: me want!"

Here's the trailer. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=RkBiYpD3SDc) What do you think?

13_CBS
2007-12-19, 05:56 PM
Eh, the trailer only showcases a bunch of forcepushing stuff. I could do plenty of that in Jedi Academy.

King_of_GRiffins
2007-12-19, 06:56 PM
Eh, the trailer only showcases a bunch of forcepushing stuff. I could do plenty of that in Jedi Academy.

No, no you couldn't :smalleek: In JA, force push served little more than a way to break collapsible walls, pull a switch out of reach, or break some dark jedi's grip. This... The trailer just makes me smile in a way that makes Dark Elders from other dimensions shiver.

I've only seen the trailer and two tech demos, but if that's all a game has to do to get my attention, I want it. I hope they come out with more information soon.

2007-12-19, 10:02 PM
It'll be fun for a few minutes, but even throwing Star Destroyers around with the Force will get old if its just a gimmick, which is what I suspect this whole game is.

13_CBS
2007-12-19, 10:25 PM
No, no you couldn't :smalleek: In JA, force push served little more than a way to break collapsible walls, pull a switch out of reach, or break some dark jedi's grip.

And shove an entire legion of stormies into oblivion, and once you toss in force grip (smack them into walls) and force pull (jump, and then once you're above them, pull them up into the air and watch them fall to their deaths screaming), you've basically got the new "force move anything!" gimmick.

JMobius
2007-12-19, 10:27 PM
Looks interesting.

Whether it will be worth a buy or not will depend on the extent of any RPG elements for me, though.

Crispy Dave
2007-12-19, 10:44 PM
it looks realy cool my jaw dropped when i saw the trailer on g4 during e3

king korath
2007-12-19, 10:47 PM
As long as I can play it on my wii I will most likely get it. it looks awesome.

Neftren
2007-12-19, 10:50 PM
Are they making a computer version... wasn't sure from the site.

Lord Shplane
2007-12-19, 11:21 PM
Are they making a computer version... wasn't sure from the site.

I'm pretty sure it was PS3, PS2, Wii, 360, PSP, DS, PC.

So everything imaginable.

I could be wrong though.

Neftren
2007-12-19, 11:31 PM
Thought so... I can probably run a parallel XP or Vista on my laptop and just play it that way...

TamerBill
2007-12-20, 01:29 AM
Actually, it's pretty much everything except PC. Only PS2, PS3, Wii, 360, DS and PSP versions have been announced.

Personally, I'm incredibly excited about this game. If the Digital Molecular Matter is actually used for more than just a few objects it'll bring a revolution in level design, and don't get me started on the Euphoria AI they've got going.

Paradigm Shift
2007-12-20, 02:03 AM
I definitely want this.

And sure, you could do some stuff with force push/pull in JA beyond the simple switch flips and everything, but a lot of those more powerful moves (from my experience, anyway) required combinations with other powers (like force grip, as you mentioned) or could be blocked by the dark jedi. They worked well on the weaker opponents, but those guys were easy enough to just slash with the lightsaber anyway so you didn't really need to. This just looks awesome, though I'm guessing in actual gameplay it would lose the appeal rather quickly. (Which in no way means I won't get it anyway.)

Rogue 7
2007-12-20, 03:19 AM
I've heard the Wii version is actually going to use the whole Wiimote as a lightsabre thing. I'm pumped to hell.

Green Bean
2007-12-20, 03:21 AM
It looks alright, but it's stealing precious attention away from making KOTOR 3. Of course, I say this about every computer game ever made.

Jibar
2007-12-20, 04:41 AM
Well be content then with all the rumours of a KOTOR MMORPG to fill in for KOTOR 3.
As much as I'd love a regular KOTOR 3, the idea of teaming up with my friends (despite the fact I'd be a Jedi with two Sith :smalltongue: ) is just too good to pass on.

Anyway, as for Force Unleashed, I saw videos for this ages ago, and am indeed greatly saddened about the lack of anything new.

Hawriel
2007-12-20, 06:46 PM
No, no you couldn't :smalleek: In JA, force push served little more than a way to break collapsible walls, pull a switch out of reach, or break some dark jedi's grip. This... The trailer just makes me smile in a way that makes Dark Elders from other dimensions shiver.

I've only seen the trailer and two tech demos, but if that's all a game has to do to get my attention, I want it. I hope they come out with more information soon.

I (and many others) use force push to redirect missiles back at the attacker. or pushing oponents off of ledges and what not. its a rather handy power in the game. IF corse once I got force choke I just used that to throw peaple across the map.

Emperor Ing
2007-12-21, 06:35 AM
I (and many others) use force push to redirect missiles back at the attacker. or pushing oponents off of ledges and what not. its a rather handy power in the game. IF corse once I got force choke I just used that to throw peaple across the map.

hmm, super force choke would be....
Mass Force Decapitation? :smalltongue:

Om
2007-12-22, 08:30 AM
And shove an entire legion of stormies into oblivion, and once you toss in force grip (smack them into walls) and force pull (jump, and then once you're above them, pull them up into the air and watch them fall to their deaths screaming), you've basically got the new "force move anything!" gimmick.So basically its a new Gravity Gun?

Jibar
2007-12-22, 08:39 AM
So basically its a new Gravity Gun?

Yeah, but with lightsabers.
Which is an approach more designers should take during video game conception.

Emperor Ing
2007-12-22, 10:50 AM

Basically, except that it emits from your hand, and you can shoot stormtroopers through walls :smallcool:

Closet_Skeleton
2007-12-22, 01:06 PM

The gravity gun was always a bizare implementation of telekinesis anyway. The Jedi Knight series' telekinesis powers came way before the gravity gun.

Triaxx
2007-12-22, 01:29 PM
I hope we can try and tear the weapon from the opponent's hands before we throw them as well.

*Storm/Rebel Trooper points blaster*
*yoink*
*fling*
Trooper:*Scream*