PDA

View Full Version : Sci Fi Universe Idea

ArlEammon
2007-12-19, 11:30 PM
2068 = Eugenics war, Star Trek style. Over two billion are killed. Only the United States, Mexico, Canada, Israel, Australia, Britain and Germany(although they still take part in the war, they take the least casualties) are saved from the rest of the world's rampant war fare. Turkey is nearly wiped off the map with the worst casualties, stemming from the fact that its in the way of access to Europe. China gets its wish for depopulation, establishing a China where only one quarter of the population survives. So many casualties taken from the Genetically Engineered Jing Xiang's bid for grabbing India and Mongolia from Russia, fighting a three front war, only 350,000,000 Chinese survive. Brazil's leader, the Engineered Thomas Frakes, attempts to take over all of South America, and begins a war with America and Mexico.

2138 = The Eugenics war has just been recovered from. A drive has been discovered through Genetic Engineered scientists efforts. The Global Septuagent(is that the right word?), replacing the hundred or so nations that exist with a mere eight nations, become the order of the day on December 1, 2108. One nation for each continent.

2158 = The first alien race has been discovered. The Masters, a great race owning over three hundred and fifty systems, agrees, through negotiations, come to an understanding that Humanity has been adopted by The Masters, who in Negotations promised to be loving and gentle, but in reality the human diplomats were only trying to establish a non-aggression pact.

2208 = The Masters have been stalled for fifty years by Humanity's government. However under misunderstandings from the treaty fifty years ago, angry Masters have usurped the government through speciest elections and have declared war on Humanity. The Human/Master War begins in 2209.

Icewalker
2007-12-20, 12:33 AM
Sounds like the humans are pretty screwed...end of story?

Unless you set it up like that old movie, Titan AE, where humanity loses, and all that is left are some human wanderers and outcasts in intergalactic society. That was a good movie.

Honestly, uber-tech race with 350 systems attacking humanity, even if it is a humanity with 50 years of high-tech influence over a century of progress...sounds like we're in a bit of trouble.

ArlEammon
2007-12-20, 02:57 PM
I'm thinking Babylon 5 survived the war with the Minbari for some reason. So this version of humanity should survive against The Masters with equal luck.

MagFlare
2007-12-20, 05:29 PM
Okay, so we're talking about a heavily depopulated Earth waging a guerrilla war against a vastly more powerful alien presence. Sounds promising. Admittedly, it also sounds a little like Battlefield Earth, but I'm sure that was unintentional. :smallwink:

I'd like to see what sort of races will be playable in this campaign. Presumably the genetically-enhanced humans will be playable, right? You could have different varieties: the big strong type, the type that's adapted for survival underground, etc. And robots. You've got to have a playable race of robots. It's, like, mandatory or something.

ArlEammon
2007-12-20, 06:07 PM
Okay, so we're talking about a heavily depopulated Earth waging a guerrilla war against a vastly more powerful alien presence. Sounds promising. Admittedly, it also sounds a little like Battlefield Earth, but I'm sure that was unintentional. :smallwink:

I'd like to see what sort of races will be playable in this campaign. Presumably the genetically-enhanced humans will be playable, right? You could have different varieties: the big strong type, the type that's adapted for survival underground, etc. And robots. You've got to have a playable race of robots. It's, like, mandatory or something.

I was thinking of a sort of PC class system like :

Supersoldier
Psionic
Changling
Warforged

Demented
2007-12-20, 06:58 PM
Sounds like the humans are pretty screwed...end of story?
Nah, they just have to wait for Gordon Freeman. Oh, oops! Wrong franchise! :smallbiggrin:

Also, it should be a Septuaguint. There are only 7 continents... One of them is Antarctica.

ArlEammon
2007-12-20, 07:15 PM
Hm. Lets see here:

Asia
South America
North America
Europe
Africa
Australia
Alaska

I think your'e right. Thank you.

Charlie Kemek
2007-12-20, 07:30 PM
Hm. Lets see here:

Asia
South America
North America
Europe
Africa
Australia
Alaska

I think your'e right. Thank you.

alaska isn't a continent. I think you mean Antarctica. alaska is a large state NW of canada.

Demented
2007-12-20, 07:36 PM
Alaska is a state of the USA. O.o

Maybe you're thinking of Greenland + Arctica? (Antarctica is the 7th continent. Though, exactly how Antarctica and Australia get to be continents, but Greenland doesn't, I'll never know. You'd think, given all the hubbub they make about Pluto, that they could get it right on our own planet...)

Legendary
2007-12-20, 09:05 PM
Alaska is a state of the USA. O.o

Maybe you're thinking of Greenland + Arctica? (Antarctica is the 7th continent. Though, exactly how Antarctica and Australia get to be continents, but Greenland doesn't, I'll never know. You'd think, given all the hubbub they make about Pluto, that they could get it right on our own planet...)

Greenland is smaller and on the North American plate. Australia and Antarctica each have their own, and are larger than the Arabian and Indian subcontinents.

Also, living in Alaska, I rather like the idea of being a continent. Oh, and congrats for getting the country of Alaska right. You'd be amazed how many companies don't seem to know.

Demented
2007-12-20, 09:15 PM
The Texans would suffer a serious bout of incontinence of Alaska were to become a continent. They're sore enough already. :smallbiggrin: