PDA

View Full Version : obtaining gelatinous form

Feralgeist
2007-12-20, 07:26 AM
what would be the easiest way to get the template gelatinous, or a humanoid-ish ooze. If it were a homebrewed spell, what level would it be a good idea to make it?? non-permanent ooze would be good, maybe just turn into it a for awhile per day.

Any help on this would be great.

Admiral Squish
2007-12-20, 07:28 AM
Polymorph would work for this, or you can use a homebrewed I saw earlier, though I couldn't show it to you. Though neither of those was really humanoid in form.

Fixer
2007-12-20, 07:41 AM
First, you find a dragon and convince it to eat you. Shouldn't be too hard. Then your consciousness has to survive the trip through its digestive tract. That will be harder. When you come out the other end you will have what you desire, a body made of a form of gelatinous ooze.

Your mobility will suck and you won't smell good, but your form will have been permanently changed with no alteration of your ECL.

Another method is a prestige class in the Masters of the Wild sourcebook back from 3.0. Oozemaster, I believe it was.

TroyXavier
2007-12-20, 07:47 AM
While not changing your type, Thrall of Jubilex made you oozelike.

KIDS
2007-12-20, 08:17 AM
There are shapeshift spells in PHB2 and Complete Mage that transform you into a monster (all stats, everything except alignment and a few tidbits) as a swift action for rounds/caster level. Like Trollshape, Dragonshape, Aspect of the Icy Hunter, Unyielding Form of Inevitable Death... anyways, look at the CRs of monsters they transform you into as compared to their spell levels. Find an ooze you like and make a spell of proportional level that shapeshifts you into one. It should be perfectly balanced*, fun, easy to use and non-abuseable.

* just to say it, those spells are underpowered when compared to polymorph and wild shape, but what isn't? Also note that you can cast them on your familiar (and spell with a range of personal as range of touch)

BardicDuelist
2007-12-20, 09:14 AM
* just to say it, those spells are underpowered when compared to polymorph and wild shape, but what isn't?

PAO, Shapechange, celerity+timestop?:smallwink:

Edit: I suppose I should add somthing to the discussion. PAO will let you do it with some creativity (if you want to make it permanent).

Mr. Friendly
2007-12-20, 09:17 AM
While not exactly what you seem to be looking for, it is worth mentioning the Slyth from Underdark. They can shapechange into a pool of mobile ooze (for slipping under doors and such), hope that helps.

Vasdenjas
2007-12-20, 11:36 AM
Level 3 Sorc/Wiz spell Amorphous Form from Spell Comp.

Username
2007-12-20, 01:33 PM
You can always play an awakened ooze, as the awaken ooze spell does exist. It'll carry some HD and LA though, but you get some really nice immunities and CON through the roof. There also needs to be a minor adjustment of being able to shape yourself into a roughly humanoid shape or your mobility and ability to interact with others will be severely hampered.

KIDS
2007-12-20, 01:50 PM
* just to say it, those spells are underpowered when compared to polymorph and wild shape, but what isn't?

-> PAO, Shapechange, celerity+timestop?

LOL owned :smallsmile: Great touche