PDA

View Full Version : Modern-Medieval?

The Kool
2007-12-20, 12:02 PM
Had a humorous idea I had to share(partly cuz I'm bored). There's this wizard who's dabbling in strange arcane arts, and he accidentally sends a group of adventurers(or a noble and his party, or other such group) into the future, and they have to figure out how to get back. Think 'Just Visiting', if you've ever seen it. Alternatively, you could have the wizard send someone else accidentally, and have the party trying to chase him down. In which case, they would have to come up with some sort of cover, so they don't get in trouble. My thought were that they could cover as a rock band... inspired by 'screaming blood fury great ice-breaker at parties', of course. Drummer, of course. Thoughts? This could be much expanded on...

FlyMolo
2007-12-20, 09:27 PM
This could be fun, but constant bluff and disguise checks are a bit annoying. The fighter would likely give everyone away almost right away.

They might blend in even better as dedicated Ren Faire people. "Oh look, they're staying in character!"

BarroomBard
2007-12-21, 04:42 PM
In fact, I think it would be rather humorous if they first appeared during a renfaire, so at first they didn't really notice being sent into the future.

magic_unlocked
2007-12-22, 03:55 AM
That would be rather humorous. Then the see the Automobile. Mebbe they mistake it as an evil, flesh-eating construct?