PDA

View Full Version : Mordinkain Vs. Elmeister

Lady Tialait
2007-12-20, 03:26 PM
Two Ledgon's of magic Who would win?

Mordy is master of Neutrality

Elmeister has a Godess as a girlfreind...

I'm voteing for good ol' mordy....cuz he's goy Gygax powers..

Duke Malagigi
2007-12-20, 04:20 PM
I'm not quite sure. The Elminster is backed up by a goddess of magic while Mordenken's friends include the demigods Bigby, Zygag the Mad, Myrlynd and Heward. He also has his own castle, city and millitary. I don't have a clue on who'd win, but a fight between Ed Greenwood's brain child and Gary Gygax's old PC would be worth a gander.

2007-12-20, 05:38 PM
They're both statted, aren't they?

Fuzzy_Juan
2007-12-20, 05:55 PM
They're both statted, aren't they?

I believe so...each one has their stats in the Faerun book and the Epic level book for 3.0.

Mordenkainen is on Pg 309 and is a lvl 27 human wizard/ 175 hp...lots of gear, nothing way too beefy (aside from being epic)...rated as a CR 27 encounter. (saves +16F/+15R/+20W)

Elminster is a human fighter 1/rogue 2/cleric 3/wizard 24/archmage 5 (369 hp)and is a Chosen of Mystra (template that gives nifty abilities and stat boosts...spellfire too)...rated as a CR 39 encounter. (saves +29F/+25R/+29W)

Seems a bit of a 'no brainer'...both are accomplished wizards, and it could go either way based on spell power alone...but the extra HP, the extra epic feats, evasion, higher saves, and the bonuses due a chosen of Mystra give Elminster the edge in such a contest between the two I think.