PDA

View Full Version : Home Alone

Balkash
2007-12-20, 08:53 PM
I was checking the TV, when I noticed Home Alone 2. I haven't seen that film in ages. It was at the point that Kevin rents a suite in the Plaza Hotel in New York. I got to thinking, from this movie alone, could Kevin have sent his family into financial troubles? Maybe he might have, Im not completely sure. I checked room rates at the Plaza. One suite, with one adult and one child is around $3500 a night, and I believe he used his fathers Visa, was it? For three nights? That is $10,500. His dad claimed he also "spent $967 on room service". So right now we are at about $11,500. This is in addition to the money spent for his rather large family to fly not only from Chicago to Miami, i think, but then back to New York, then stay in the hotel another night and then back to Chicago. Does anyone have any idea how much THAT piece alone would cost? I was just curious to see if Kevin had very nearly single-handedly ruined his fathers credit, but ruined his family.

kpenguin
2007-12-20, 09:39 PM
Perhaps this is why a different kid stars in Home Alone 3.

Tweekinator
2007-12-21, 09:57 AM
I was checking the TV, when I noticed Home Alone 2. I haven't seen that film in ages. It was at the point that Kevin rents a suite in the Plaza Hotel in New York. I got to thinking, from this movie alone, could Kevin have sent his family into financial troubles? Maybe he might have, Im not completely sure. I checked room rates at the Plaza. One suite, with one adult and one child is around $3500 a night, and I believe he used his fathers Visa, was it? For three nights? That is $10,500. His dad claimed he also "spent $967 on room service". So right now we are at about $11,500. This is in addition to the money spent for his rather large family to fly not only from Chicago to Miami, i think, but then back to New York, then stay in the hotel another night and then back to Chicago. Does anyone have any idea how much THAT piece alone would cost? I was just curious to see if Kevin had very nearly single-handedly ruined his fathers credit, but ruined his family.

There's always the fact that the Plaza took a credit card from a child and never bothered to see or get the cardholder's signature. I'm pretty sure they could get into some trouble for that, at least nowadays.