PDA

View Full Version : Pelor's Favorite.

The Fat Kid
2007-12-21, 01:17 AM
So, I've played D&D a couple of times now, and one thing has really made an impression on me: Pelor. I love Pelor. It's like my thing. I can't explain it, I just feel the calling. Let's leave it at that.

So one of my friends is starting up a campaign where we're limited to the core rulebooks. This is somewhat disappointing, as I cannot multiclass as a cleric/favored soul. (Hush, you!) This is the obvious choice, since my character concept is that I am Pelor's favorite priest.

I'm not really looking to build a powerhouse character, I was just wondering if you guys had any way to reflect this within the mechanics of the game. I suppose I could just pour all my skills into Knowledge: Religion; but that doesn't really do anything but let me preach about my beloved Pelor. (Which is certainly key, but it would be nice to be able to do other things. Like intimidate!)

It would be nice if there was some way I could trade feats/skills/stats/hit points/etc. for more divine power. I wouldn't mind losing Weapon Proficiency: Simple Weapons. Or whatever. I don't know if something like this exists, I'm no master of the game.

Thanks for your help!

Adumbration
2007-12-21, 01:24 AM
Depending on your level (if over five) you could take a look at the Radiant Servant of Pelor prestige class in Complete Divine (page 53). It's basically a cleric specialized in turning and destroying undead in the name of Pelor.

The Fat Kid
2007-12-21, 01:26 AM
Depending on your level (if over five) you could take a look at the Radiant Servant of Pelor prestige class in Complete Divine (page 53). It's basically a cleric specialized in turning and destroying undead in the name of Pelor.

I would, but I can only choose from the core rulebooks. I apologize, I should have stated that we are starting at level one, but we should be on this campaign for quite a while.

leperkhaun
2007-12-21, 01:30 AM
a little conspiracy theory about pelor

http://forum.zaister.de/viewtopic.php?id=5

there is a better thread with a more in depth look, but i have seem to lost the link.

tyckspoon
2007-12-21, 01:31 AM
There's not very much you can do in core beyond picking the most Pelorian domains you can find (Sun, definitely; Good and Healing are also traditional Pelor traits, although not very powerful ones.) You might consider the Cloistered Cleric variant, which is described as spending more time in prayer and religious study and less time learning how to smash heads in heavy armor. If you can step outside of core for prestige classes, there's the Contemplative, which is based around getting closer to your god and gaining more powers thereby (like extra domains) and the mentioned Radiant Servant, which is just all kinds of Pelorian.

Mostly you're going to have to ask your DM to make some arrangements for you, like letting in some particular non-core feats or letting you swap some class features out. Could you suggest the kinds of 'extra divine power' you would like to get? We could help work up fair trades to suggest to your DM.