PDA

View Full Version : Adjustments for Adjustments [Feats]

Reinboom
2007-12-21, 06:07 AM
Casting Adjustment
Requirements: A level adjustment, able to cast 1st level spells
Benefit: Your caster level for all spellcasting classes increases by the amount of your level adjustment. Only every third increase of caster level by this feat increases your spells per day and spells known.

Manifesting Adjustment
Requirements: A level adjustment, able to manifest 1st level powers
Benefit: Your manifester level for all psionic classes increases by the amount of your level adjustment. Only every third increase of manifester level by this feat increases your power points and max power level.

HellFencer
2007-12-21, 08:19 AM
There should be an append that restricts their caster level from ever being more than their Hit Dice. Otherwise, you can use LA buyoff to cheat this feat. Beyond that, this looks pretty cool. Its better than Practiced Spellcaster, as that one doesn't net you any spells per day.

Reinboom
2007-12-21, 08:21 AM
Well, if you buy off LA, your LA goes down. So the benefit of this feat would actually go down. (Rather interestingly...)
I wouldn't say it's better than practiced, since practiced doesn't benefit level adjustments. They are rather separate in this case. :smallsmile:

RandomFellow
2007-12-21, 09:39 AM
Looks good. =)

HellFencer
2007-12-21, 09:54 AM
Ah, I suppose you're right in that Practiced Spellcaster doesn't immediately affect someone with a level adjustment, but it might if the race comes with innate spellcasting. Then you have to worry about CL.

I guess I hadn't realized that if you buyoff the LA, the benefit of the feat does decrease (to a point of being worthless). So, it seems this is extremely useful for very high level adjustments.