PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Freeman vs. Sauron

Zukhramm
2007-12-21, 12:33 PM
The thread you've been wainting for. Gordon Freeman versus Sauron, crowbars versus rings!

Who would win?

Skjaldbakka
2007-12-21, 12:41 PM
Who the heck is Gordon Freeman?

I say Sauron ultimately will win, for this reason.

Zakama
2007-12-21, 12:43 PM
:smallsigh: This isn't even close to fair. Sauron is a frickin GOD. Gordon is a scientist. No contest here.

Zukhramm
2007-12-21, 12:46 PM
:smallsigh: This isn't even close to fair. Sauron is a frickin GOD. Gordon is a scientist. No contest here.

What if Gordon proves Sauron doesn't exsist? :smallconfused:

averagejoe
2007-12-21, 12:55 PM
Gordon wins. The hero always wins.

Also: god mode.

Ditto
2007-12-21, 12:59 PM
God-mode for the zing! :smallbiggrin:

But elsewise, I don't even know what the point is.

Zakama
2007-12-21, 01:02 PM
What if Gordon proves Sauron doesn't exsist? :smallconfused:

If they're fighting, Sauron kinda exists... :smallannoyed:

Green Bean
2007-12-21, 01:08 PM
If they're fighting, Sauron kinda exists... :smallannoyed:

Nah. Freeman's just fighting acts of nature with perfectly reasonable causes.
Besides, as a geeky scientist, who better to know Sauron's weaknesses? Gravity gun the Ring off his finger, and punt it into Mount Doom! :smallbiggrin:

Zenos
2007-12-21, 01:15 PM
Sauron would win, he would do some of his fire stuff, or maybe just make Gordon one of his more powerful minions, maybe offer him a custom magic ring? Then reveal that the ring is cursed and makes Gordon into a ringwraith in 1d6 hours, after those 1d6 hours have passed.

SurlySeraph
2007-12-21, 02:02 PM
Wait, wait, wait.

Sauron ends with the letter "n."
G-man ends the the letter "n."

Sauron has someone else speak for him.
G-man speaks oddly, as if it were not his voice he was speaking in.

Sauron has tremendous power over the physical world.
G-man has tremendous power over the physical world.

Sauron is from a different universe.
It is widely believed that G-man is an alien from an alternate universe inhabiting a human body.

This cannot be a coincidence!

*grabs his newly crafted theory, skips off to Half-Life discussion boards*

On the actual topic, though, Sauron wins. As much as I like Freeman, he's just a scientist with moderate power armor, a crowbar, the Gravity Gun, and preternaturally good aim. Sauron is a shape-shifting world-dominating magic demon-god. It's really no contest.

Semidi
2007-12-21, 02:13 PM
Remember Freeman has several unique powers that Sauron can't touch.
1. He can "mark" a time and place and at any time come back to this "mark" even after death. It's usually called, "saving" and "Re-loading." Freeman can use trial and error to defeat Sauron any amount of times he wants.
2. He always fights a certain amount of enemies at one time. He has the power to never be swarmed with more than he can logically handle.
3. He has the ability to know how to solve every problem, otherwise known as "google search for GameFAQ.
4. If I'm controlling Freeman we're about to kick some ass.
5. If push comes to shove Freeman can get all ten-twelve weapons and god mode.
6. Freeman is immune to Sauron's power because he possesses absolutely no personality. He's essentially a robot being controlled by an outside force (me).

ALOR
2007-12-21, 02:16 PM
who is Gordon Freeman?

SurlySeraph
2007-12-21, 02:21 PM
who is Gordon Freeman?

Let wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Freeman) guide you, my brother.

ALOR
2007-12-21, 02:24 PM
Let wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Freeman) guide you, my brother.

(slaps head) I so should have thought of looking there, thank you kindly my friend. :smallbiggrin:

Zenos
2007-12-21, 02:25 PM
Remember Freeman has several unique powers that Sauron can't touch.
1. He can "mark" a time and place and at any time come back to this "mark" even after death. It's usually called, "saving" and "Re-loading." Freeman can use trial and error to defeat Sauron any amount of times he wants.
2. He always fights a certain amount of enemies at one time. He has the power to never be swarmed with more than he can logically handle.
3. He has the ability to know how to solve every problem, otherwise known as "google search for GameFAQ.
4. If I'm controlling Freeman we're about to kick some ass.
5. If push comes to shove Freeman can get all ten-twelve weapons and god mode.
6. Freeman is immune to Sauron's power because he possesses absolutely no personality. He's essentially a robot being controlled by an outside force (me).

Of course, we're talking how they are in fluff/story, so no "no personality" and if Gordon Freeman can cheat, so can Sauron, plus he can make his forces cheat too. Now I just have to find cheats for Battle For Middle-Earth 2....

Zukhramm
2007-12-21, 02:35 PM
What if... The Freeman is not in Half-Life, but in Garry's Mod?

reorith
2007-12-21, 05:17 PM

what if freeman ascends to godhood in some twisted black mesa run experiment?

Mc. Lovin'
2007-12-21, 05:22 PM
The thread you've been wainting for. Gordon Freeman versus Sauron, crowbars versus rings!

Who would win?

This has got to be spam.
I mean what is the point? Really?

Lyesmith
2007-12-21, 05:23 PM
...what if he has allready, and all the events he is involved in are a demostration of his Awesome Godly Powers (tm)

2007-12-21, 06:46 PM
Dog would save Freeman and then tear off the top of Sauron's head.