PDA

View Full Version : Duskblade Spells

Neftren
2007-12-21, 04:53 PM
Other than the Duskblade Spells in the PHB II, what other books have spells? I know there's at least one or two, since they've been mentioned somewhere before. I need some help deciding on spells for a 7th level duskblade I'm writing up. I've got access up to 2nd level spells.

Suggestions? I'm working on a Melee-Type who uses Arcane Channeling to deliver damage.

TheThan
2007-12-21, 06:50 PM
Check page 24, players handbook II

Neftren
2007-12-21, 06:58 PM
Other than the Duskblade Spells in the PHB II, what other books have spells? I know there's at least one or two, since they've been mentioned somewhere before. I need some help deciding on spells for a 7th level duskblade I'm writing up. I've got access up to 2nd level spells.

Suggestions? I'm working on a Melee-Type who uses Arcane Channeling to deliver damage.

I know the complete list there. I want to know whether there are any other splatbooks with spells for Duskblade, since someone somewhere has mentioned that there are IIRC.

Reinboom
2007-12-21, 06:59 PM
If I recall correctly, Complete Champion does.
I'll check in a moment then edit this post...

Edit:
AH, nope.
Eberron book, The Forge of War has some though.
I knew there was some somewhere. :P

my searches, why are they coming up badly. ><
Give me a few seconds...

ah, nope, I was right. (From Forge of War)

New Duskblade Spells[PH2]

2nd Level
Swift Ready: Enchant armor and weapons so that they appear on you instantly when you wish.

4th Level
Fracturing Weapon: Enchant a weapon so it bestows penalties to AC and DR when it strikes.

Neftren
2007-12-21, 07:03 PM
C. Champ is for Divine Casters I thought?

Reinboom
2007-12-21, 07:15 PM
Editted post above.

The Forge of War is all I could find, and it's only two extra spells.

MammonAzrael
2007-12-21, 07:19 PM
I've a partial Duskblade in the works in the Character creation thread, but i haven't been able to find any other spells either.

I found this guide (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=837888) that has a bunch of spells listed on the 9th post, but he doesn't say where he found that list, so I don't know how accurate it is. Still, some great Duskblade suggestions.

Reinboom
2007-12-22, 01:45 AM
I've a partial Duskblade in the works in the Character creation thread, but i haven't been able to find any other spells either.

I found this guide (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=837888) that has a bunch of spells listed on the 9th post, but he doesn't say where he found that list, so I don't know how accurate it is. Still, some great Duskblade suggestions.

All of those are just the basic duskblade spells as far as I can see. Which are on page 24.

Nebo_
2007-12-22, 01:54 AM
WotC is generally pretty bad with supporting material across books. They're getting better at it recently, but they really should release spell list updates to include the new books.

Chronicled
2007-12-22, 02:02 AM
Actually, I was pretty sure that they put the Duskblade in the same category as the Beguiler and Warmage--that it would get no or almost no new spells in later books.

Nebo_
2007-12-22, 02:09 AM
Actually, I was pretty sure that they put the Duskblade in the same category as the Beguiler and Warmage--that it would no or almost no new spells in later books.

That's what I'm talking about. New books don't expand their lists. Static lists are bad, WotC, very bad.

Chronicled
2007-12-22, 02:13 AM
I think I should clarify: the reason they got static lists while many other classes didn't was receiving new spells gives them a huge boost compared to other classes; this really applies to the Beguiler and Warmage, but as I said I think they decided the Duskblade was the same way. It isn't just due to their not being in core, though that is a part of it.

I'll agree that static lists are bad from the marketing/sales perspective.