PDA

View Full Version : list of topics on the gaming board, ever

deadseashoals
2007-12-21, 06:31 PM
It seems everyone around here loves to dredge up the same exact topic from two hours ago, slap a slightly different subject title onto it, and talk about the same thing again. Thus, I propose a list of all the recurring topics on the gaming board, ever:

1) Alignment anything
2) Wizards are broken
3) Wizards aren't broken
4) _____ isn't that broken
5) How is _____ broken
6) Fixing monks
7) ToB is really broken!!
8) D&D is anime
9) 3.5 isn't that broken
10) 4E is suxor
11) 4E is a cash machine and I will not participate
12) My DM is ruining things
13) My player(s) is/are ruining things
14) Help me optimize such and such inherently overpowered character (e.g. Druid 20)
15) Help me optimize such and such inherently underpowered character (e.g. Half-Orc Bard 20)
16) I like/hate pointbuy/rolling
17) Is my DM/player correct about such and such rule
18) My DM is planning on killing us with such and such overpowered avatar of crappy DMing
19) I bet you can't kill this stat block
20) (How do I)/(I'm going to) make D&D low-magic

Help me out here :smallbiggrin:

Tengu
2007-12-21, 06:37 PM
21) A thread where the OP asks for advice about a non-d20 game but people give him advice as if he was playing DND anyway

kamikasei
2007-12-21, 06:40 PM
22) People are talking about things that bore me and they should stop

Look, we're on a discussion forum. People here have things to say. They want to say them. You get complaints for dragging a thread too far off it's original topic, or you just don't get the attention you feel the point deserves, so you fork off a new thread. Popular or naturally arguable topics get a high rate of threads. It's how these things work.

What might be of value would be a Frequently Discussed Topics sticky thread with links to posts or threads voted Most Insightful or Best Summary Of This Area or the like. But that would probably be more work than it'd be worth. The people who most need to read the FAQ are the ones least likely to do so.

Snadgeros
2007-12-21, 06:42 PM
23) <class> vs. <other class>
24) Make a character with the most _____(speed, damage, anything)
25) What book is _______ in?
26) Physics abuse (a.k.a. killing catgirls)
27) RAW loopholes (commoner railgun, pun-pun, etc.)

Technically 23 isn't a thread itself, but rather what all the "_____ is broken!" threads inevitably devolve into.

EDIT: DOUBLE NINJA'D!:smallmad:

EDIT EDIT: 28) Funny campaign anecdotes (America's Funniest Home Sessions)

kamikasei
2007-12-21, 06:48 PM
Bah, that last was a little snippier than warranted. I'll try something more constructive.

29) Soulknives/Warlocks are overpowered / why do people say they suck?
30) How would you run a good-aligned campaign with villainous/evil trope X (you know who you are)